JakeP Top 20

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:30 pm

JakeP wrote:Y'alright chuck. :lol:
:lol: I genuinely LOL'ed at that!

Ciao, Jake. 8-)

JakeP wrote:Oh maybe it is a hotel room. :lol: LOL it's still incredibly vain and seems pretentious more than anything. :P Ahh we are definitely agreed on the tattoo issue. Then again, i'm not a big fan of piercings and have never had any part of my body pierced.
Just like our lack of tats, looks like we have that in common too! ;)

JakeP wrote:Feel it still continues to defy the odds as it climbs to #6 in the UK. :D Ohh wow, i've not checked out the US charts for a while. Last time i had a look New rules was low top 20. Amazing to see another british artist taking America by storm.
:o Woah! That's nearly as high as it managed on the Hot 100 (No. 4.) Speaking of No. 6, it looks like that'll be the Hot 100 peak for "New Rules." I obviously would've loved to see it go even higher (and dethrone "God's Plan" :lol:), but No. 6 is still way better than I initially hoped/expected, given that none of her previous singles had ever gone higher than No. 72. :x

JakeP wrote:I've never really thought about different breeds tbh. LOL those cats will be going round your apartment acting like they own the place. A new would certainly ruffle a few feathers. :lol: Although i've seen videos on YouTube over the years that show cats and dogs getting on perfectly fine. <3
Ah, yeah, there's definitely some super-cute footage out there of unexpected animal companionship! So many random-animal-combination snuggle clips...

JakeP wrote:Oh totally. :P Otherwise Taylor may have ended up possibly top 5 at least, but i think the evidence was in its chart run; 01-04-07-10-15 when i've had songs that have spent 5+ weeks at #1 in my chart even though this is an elite group. :wink:
Ooh, that brings up an interesting chart factoid that I don't think I've asked before: what's the shortest run for a No. 1 hit here? Have any chart-toppers ever fallen off faster than Tay's five weeks?

JakeP wrote:LOL sometimes lyrics don't really matter to me, even if they are daft as a dot ie. Justin Bieber's lyrics on his track Friends. :P Also surely it depends on what the person was going to say. If they were about to put their foot in it and say something that would really embarrass you then saying nothing at all would be the perfect solution. :wink: :P You do make a valid point though. Iirc Example did a song called Say nothing which also didn't really make any sense.
**Nod** For sure - if the melody is strong/catchy enough, I can still get totally hooked on songs that aren't in English at all. I think that line of JT's about saying nothing just sticks out to me more than usual due to the tense climate right now around so many significant social issues, when speaking up feels more crucial than ever.

Ha, that's a pretty perfect counter-point, though! Saying nothing is better than talking out your arse. :lol:

JakeP wrote:01 (05) Sofi Tukker featuring NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno - Best friend [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (NE) Pnau - Go bang [1 wk] [#2]
03 (01) The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar - Pray for me [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
04 (02) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [5 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
05 (NE) Saara Aalto - Monsters [1 wk] [#5]
07 (NE) Marshmello & Anne-Marie - FRIENDS [1 wk] [#7]
08 (03) Mabel & Not3s - Fine line [5 wks] [#2]
09 (06) Troye Sivan - My my my! [6 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
10 (08) Rudimental featuring Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplen - These days [4 wks] [#8]
11 (NE) Ellie Goulding - Vincent [1 wk] [#11]
13 (11) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey - The middle [4 wks] [#11]
14 (13) Sigrid - Strangers [11 wks] [#2]
15 (07) Camila Cabello - She loves control [4 wks] [#6]
16 (RE) Niall Horan - On the loose [5 wks] [#10]
18 (NE) Calum Scott & Leona Lewis - You are the reason [1 wk] [#18]
19 (04) Lady Gaga - Joanne (where do you think you're goin'?) [piano version] [3 wks] [#2]
20 (RE) Eminem featuring Ed Sheeran - River [4 wks] [#5]
• 2018 has been a great year so far for acts managing to land their first-ever No. 1 here :D Troye, Kylie, and now Sofi Tukker (and probably some of their featured guests too?)
• I'm diggin' the super-psychedelic blacklightastic vid for your No. 2! I just did a quick Wikipedia check to learn a little more about the artists, and I was surprised to learn they've been putting out albums since '99! :o
• "Vincent" is GORGEOUS :o A truly moving tribute to one of the world's greatest artists. I'd never heard the original before, so I definitely appreciate Ellie introducing me to it now! It's also just nice to have anything new from her :lol: (Especially since "First Time" didn't do much for me...)
• I was seriously shocked to see something other than "Seeing Blind" get selected as Niall's next single! I like "On The Loose" well enough, but "Seeing Blind" seemed like the beyond-obvious, foregone-conclusion choice!

Yet another chart that's one of the best, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:55 pm

cheapthrills wrote:No, even though it's been getting play for a few weeks now. It could still chart. Sofi Tukker did hit #2 on my chart last year with Awoo.
Aww, i hope that Sofi Tukker may be able to enter your chart eventually. Best friend is so good. <3
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:42 pm

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: I genuinely LOL'ed at that!

Ciao, Jake. 8-)
LOL i wanted to catch you off guard with something random. :P

phoenix98 wrote:Just like our lack of tats, looks like we have that in common too! ;)
Ohh nice. I'm a bit squeamish at times so things like piercings and tattoos really don't appeal to me at all. I'm much happier being ink and pierce free. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote: :o Woah! That's nearly as high as it managed on the Hot 100 (No. 4.) Speaking of No. 6, it looks like that'll be the Hot 100 peak for "New Rules." I obviously would've loved to see it go even higher (and dethrone "God's Plan" :lol:), but No. 6 is still way better than I initially hoped/expected, given that none of her previous singles had ever gone higher than No. 72. :x
...and a week later Feel it still is #4 in the UK. :o :D I'm so chuffed at the success its getting, i thought all along that this song had the potential to be equally successful in the UK. All it needed was radio support and i can't begrudge UK radio stations being late to the party (well, i can but you know! :lol: ). The song is also the soundtrack to some tv commercial too which i've only seen once, can't remember what it was advertising. A car maybe? I was too busy going "OMG its Feel it still" to really concentrate on anything else. :lol: Urgh, i really don't get the success of God's plan. Just the fact its comfortably getting almost double the daily streams of the song at #2. Are that many more people really listening to Drake's song every day? :o Spotify continues to confuse me and disappoint me. I doubt this will ever change. :evil:

That's amazing for Dua Lipa. I can't help but wonder how different the US (and UK) charts would be like today if iTunes was still the dominant factor. New rules could've possibly been a US #1 if it was like 2012.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, yeah, there's definitely some super-cute footage out there of unexpected animal companionship! So many random-animal-combination snuggle clips...
I've watched so many of these videos on YouTube and i love how they bring out different emotions in me. When they're funny, they're hilarious. When they're sad, they're tear inducing. Then again i know i'm soft when it comes to all things "aww" so it doesn't surprise me. :lol: :cry:

phoenix98 wrote:Ooh, that brings up an interesting chart factoid that I don't think I've asked before: what's the shortest run for a No. 1 hit here? Have any chart-toppers ever fallen off faster than Tay's five weeks?
Indeed there has.

4 weeks

Dami Im - Sound of silence (01-02-04-09)
Kelly Clarkson - Piece by piece (Idol version) (01-04-08-17)
Beyonce featuring Kendrick Lamar - Freedom (01-03-06-18)

3 weeks

Måns Zelmerlöw - Heroes (01-10-17)
Foxes - Body talk (01-05-11)

phoenix98 wrote:**Nod** For sure - if the melody is strong/catchy enough, I can still get totally hooked on songs that aren't in English at all. I think that line of JT's about saying nothing just sticks out to me more than usual due to the tense climate right now around so many significant social issues, when speaking up feels more crucial than ever.

Ha, that's a pretty perfect counter-point, though! Saying nothing is better than talking out your arse. :lol:
Me too. There have been several songs that've made my top 20 over the last few years that i loved despite a lack of english lyrics. Sometimes these european songs can sound even more exotic being in a foreign language. In many cases whenever an english version has been released, i've often thought it fails to compare to the original.

Did you watch The brit awards 2018? I did watch it but i wasn't that impressed. Everything seemed far too predictable and safe for my liking. Even seeing Stormzy winning didn't feel like a shock, but more of an "i saw that coming :roll: " because of the backlash he created two years ago when he complained that no black grime artists were nominated. At the time my reaction was "well, if grime artists released a good song/album then maybe they would be nominated". The end result is grime artists being nominated because they're a grime artist. :-? :lol: I still see very little merit in this genre but i'm just one persons opinion on this matter. Speaking of Justin Timberlake, he really turned things around when he performed Say something. He was losing me with the first track which was one of the album tracks so i hadn't heard it beforehand and it wasn't really doing much for me either. :( Say something is currently #1 on iTunes which is very impressive even though it's barely top 30 on "that" streaming service. :roll: :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:• 2018 has been a great year so far for acts managing to land their first-ever No. 1 here :D Troye, Kylie, and now Sofi Tukker (and probably some of their featured guests too?)
• I'm diggin' the super-psychedelic blacklightastic vid for your No. 2! I just did a quick Wikipedia check to learn a little more about the artists, and I was surprised to learn they've been putting out albums since '99! :o
• "Vincent" is GORGEOUS :o A truly moving tribute to one of the world's greatest artists. I'd never heard the original before, so I definitely appreciate Ellie introducing me to it now! It's also just nice to have anything new from her :lol: (Especially since "First Time" didn't do much for me...)
• I was seriously shocked to see something other than "Seeing Blind" get selected as Niall's next single! I like "On The Loose" well enough, but "Seeing Blind" seemed like the beyond-obvious, foregone-conclusion choice!

Yet another chart that's one of the best, Jake! :D
Indeed it has. :o Actually i hadn't even thought about that until reading your comment. Yes, none of those featured artists on Best friend have topped my chart before now. NERVO got closest with their #2 hit The other boys in 2015. The question now is can that trend continue? :P

Ohh interesting. My knowledge of Pnau is admittedly very little but i know they're Australian and Go bang went top 10 there which is what led to me checking out the song. That said, Changes by Faul & Wad Ad vs. Pnau got to #4 in my chart at the end of December 2013 and remained there in January 2014. :wink: It was quite a popular track at the time so perhaps a song you might remember.

I agree that Ellie's cover of Vincent is lovely but i've not played the song much this week so its going to have a swift exit from my new chart. Wow, you've never heard the song before? The first time i ever heard the original Vincent was when it was used in an episode of The Simpsons. :lol: Glad you made an nice little discovery though. Yes, i agree that First time really was disappointing especially for Kygo coming off the back of the global hit It ain't me.

As for Niall, i imagine the record label see On the loose as an adult contemporary radio single. I suspect it's been released specifically for America. Seeing blind screams hit single with the right promotional campaign. I still think with Niall and Maren touring together, i'll be gobsmacked if this remains as nothing more than an album track.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:08 pm

JakeP Top 20 (24th February 2018)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (NE) Janelle Monáe - Make me feel [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (01) Sofi Tukker featuring NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno - Best friend [4 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
03 (06) Platon featuring Joolay - Taking me higher [3 wks] [#3]
04 (02) Pnau - Go bang [2 wks] [#2]
05 (03) The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar - Pray for me [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
06 (07) Marshmello & Anne-Marie - FRIENDS [2 wks] [#6]
07 (04) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [6 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
08 (10) Rudimental featuring Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplen - These days [5 wks] [#8]
09 (08) Mabel & Not3s - Fine line [6 wks] [#2]
10 (13) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey - The middle [5 wks] [#10]
11 (12) Justin Timberlake featuring Chris Stapleton - Say something [5 wks] [#4]
12 (09) Troye Sivan - My my my! [7 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
13 (05) Saara Aalto - Monsters [2 wks] [#5]
14 (RE) Paloma Faith - Til i’m gone [2 wks] [#14]
15 (NE) Muse - Thought contagion [1 wk] [#15]
16 (NE) Khalid & Normani - Love lies [1 wk] [#16]
17 (14) Sigrid - Strangers [12 wks] [#2]
18 (NE) Delta Goodrem - Think about you [1 wk] [#18]
19 (NE) Lost Frequencies & Zonderling - Crazy [1 wk] [#19]
20 (NE) Manic Street Preachers - Distant colours [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Sigala & Paloma Faith - Lullaby
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:30 pm

20 (NE) Manic Street Preachers - Distant colours [1 wk] [#20]
I like this song as I do with most of MSP discography
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Interesting #1. Haven't ever liked any music that she has released yet. But I'm glad to see someone appreciate it!

Can the remix help Dancing rebound? 8-) 8-) :lol:

Great to see this back!!! Hopefully will stay a bit longer this time.

And lastly and low debut for Miss Goodrem! How are you liking the newish direction? Or more a Sitting Ontop Of The World Delta fan?
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:23 pm

We have the same #1 now :D

I love Janelle so much and I think she really delivered this time. What do you think about Django Jane?

Nice to see Muse debut. :)
It's time for the 2000-2009 Female-Led Singles Countdown!
and my Top 100 Artists countdown!
More? How about a survivor based on a countdown?
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:30 pm

JakeP wrote:LOL i wanted to catch you off guard with something random. :P
Mission accomplished! :lol:

JakeP wrote:Ohh nice. I'm a bit squeamish at times so things like piercings and tattoos really don't appeal to me at all. I'm much happier being ink and pierce free. :wink:
I feel you there :x Nipple piercings/rings are one of my biggest turn-off's because all I can think about when I see them is paaaaiiiinnnn!

JakeP wrote:...and a week later Feel it still is #4 in the UK. :o :D I'm so chuffed at the success its getting, i thought all along that this song had the potential to be equally successful in the UK. All it needed was radio support and i can't begrudge UK radio stations being late to the party (well, i can but you know! :lol: ). The song is also the soundtrack to some tv commercial too which i've only seen once, can't remember what it was advertising. A car maybe? I was too busy going "OMG its Feel it still" to really concentrate on anything else. :lol: Urgh, i really don't get the success of God's plan. Just the fact its comfortably getting almost double the daily streams of the song at #2. Are that many more people really listening to Drake's song every day? :o Spotify continues to confuse me and disappoint me. I doubt this will ever change. :evil:
:o That's fantastic! "Feel It Still" is featured in a cute Vitamin Water ad that I've seen lately, so maybe that's the one?

Apparently "God's Plan" has been racking up "Harlem Shake"-size streaming figures in the US lately, which is INSANE, since HS relied so much on all of those fan-made 30-second clips being counted! Admittedly, watching the official video for "God's Plan" helped me warm up to it a TEENSY bit :oops: but I'm still very ready to see something else at No. 1 in the US AND UK! :lol:

JakeP wrote:Indeed there has.
Phew :oops: I'm relieved to learn that Taylor doesn't have that "honor" all to herself, but I'm sad to see that "Body Talk" is among the fastest-fallers! I don't know Foxes's catalog too well, but "Body Talk" is definitely my favorite of what I've heard (as the lead artist, anyway. "Clarity" >>>>>>)

JakeP wrote:Did you watch The brit awards 2018? I did watch it but i wasn't that impressed. Everything seemed far too predictable and safe for my liking. Even seeing Stormzy winning didn't feel like a shock, but more of an "i saw that coming :roll: " because of the backlash he created two years ago when he complained that no black grime artists were nominated. At the time my reaction was "well, if grime artists released a good song/album then maybe they would be nominated". The end result is grime artists being nominated because they're a grime artist. :-? :lol: I still see very little merit in this genre but i'm just one persons opinion on this matter. Speaking of Justin Timberlake, he really turned things around when he performed Say something. He was losing me with the first track which was one of the album tracks so i hadn't heard it beforehand and it wasn't really doing much for me either. :( Say something is currently #1 on iTunes which is very impressive even though it's barely top 30 on "that" streaming service. :roll: :lol:
Naw, I didn't see any of it (I'm not sure if it's broadcast here in the States, though I probably could've found SOME way to watch it illegally/unofficially in 2018) :lol: I don't know much about grime either. Wikipedia tells me it's "a genre of electronic music originating in the United Kingdom" - but it sounds like you don't take much pride in that particular local product :lol: The Wiki page mentions Dizzee Rascal (I've heard "Bonkers", but I think that's all) and Roll Deep (I did love their "Good Times", but I suspect that's one of their most poppy/mainstream offerings and not actually the best reflection of grime.) I never checked out the Stormzy version of "Power", but based on your reaction to him/his genre, that's probably for the best...

JakeP wrote:Indeed it has. :o Actually i hadn't even thought about that until reading your comment. Yes, none of those featured artists on Best friend have topped my chart before now. NERVO got closest with their #2 hit The other boys in 2015. The question now is can that trend continue? :P
Nice - so it even held true for all of Sofi Tukker's featured guests too! With regard to the trend continuing, more on that in a minute... ;)

JakeP wrote:Ohh interesting. My knowledge of Pnau is admittedly very little but i know they're Australian and Go bang went top 10 there which is what led to me checking out the song. That said, Changes by Faul & Wad Ad vs. Pnau got to #4 in my chart at the end of December 2013 and remained there in January 2014. :wink: It was quite a popular track at the time so perhaps a song you might remember.
Thanks for taking the time to post that! It's not ringing any bells on first listen, but I like it!

JakeP wrote:As for Niall, i imagine the record label see On the loose as an adult contemporary radio single. I suspect it's been released specifically for America. Seeing blind screams hit single with the right promotional campaign. I still think with Niall and Maren touring together, i'll be gobsmacked if this remains as nothing more than an album track.
Oooh, I hope you're right about that! I mean, I wish "Seeing Blind" was being pushed as his main single in the US too, but I'd rather have the situation you described than them (bafflingly) passing on "Seeing Blind" EVERYWHERE...

JakeP wrote:01 (NE) Janelle Monáe - Make me feel [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (01) Sofi Tukker featuring NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno - Best friend [4 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
04 (02) Pnau - Go bang [2 wks] [#2]
06 (07) Marshmello & Anne-Marie - FRIENDS [2 wks] [#6]
08 (10) Rudimental featuring Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplen - These days [5 wks] [#8]
09 (08) Mabel & Not3s - Fine line [6 wks] [#2]
10 (13) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey - The middle [5 wks] [#10]
13 (05) Saara Aalto - Monsters [2 wks] [#5]
14 (RE) Paloma Faith - Til i'm gone [2 wks] [#14]
17 (14) Sigrid - Strangers [12 wks] [#2]
• ...and resuming our talk of acts snagging their first-ever No. 1 here, has Janelle kept that streak going? I'd seen her name floating around for years now, but it was only recently that I actually checked out her music after seeing "Cold War" atop Akini's chart. It made a surprisingly strong first impression, but this one I've been loving even more! Somehow, that mouth/tongue-clicking background effect works brilliantly :lol: The video is a visual treat too, and it's unreal how she can look SO stunning in so many completely different styles! It's a strong contender for my next No. 1, but its biggest competition can be found further down here...
• Awesome to see "The Middle" crack your Top 10! It's up No. 17 ---> No. 13 on the latest Hot 100, so hopefully it'll achieve that same honor very soon. It's really been stuck in my head the past day or so, and it should enjoy a decent rebound on my next chart!
• ...and the competition I mentioned above is Delta's "Think About You." She's scored a couple of big Paulboard hits over the years (namely "Sitting On Top Of The World" and "Heart Hypnotic"), but I've never checked out a full album of hers. After seeing "Think About You" debut on Tansike's last chart, I gave it a listen - and I was hooked! It's like Delta's been reading my mind :lol: "I think about you naked when I'm reading your chart..."

Yet another chart that gives me all kinds of feels, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:21 pm

heppolo wrote:20 (NE) Manic Street Preachers - Distant colours [1 wk] [#20]
I like this song as I do with most of MSP discography
Thanks heppolo :D

The Manic's were quite unfortunate as not only were they due to enter at #19 but they also had a slightly better play count compared to when they got to #18 with International blue back in December.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:27 pm

SummerPeur wrote:
Interesting #1. Haven't ever liked any music that she has released yet. But I'm glad to see someone appreciate it!
Thanks SummerPeur :D

I don't know much about Janelle Monáe apart from her feature on fun's We are young back in 2012 which i loved. However, Make me feel is just one almighty anthem and i am living for this song right now, that's how much i'm enjoying it. :lol:

SummerPeur wrote:
Can the remix help Dancing rebound? 8-) 8-) :lol:
Honestly i doubt it but Kylie should remain inside my top 10 for another week. :wink:

SummerPeur wrote:
Great to see this back!!! Hopefully will stay a bit longer this time.
Again it's difficult to predict exactly where Paloma will end up but her track with Sigala is looking destined to enter inside my top 5 tomorrow. :D

SummerPeur wrote:
And lastly and low debut for Miss Goodrem! How are you liking the newish direction? Or more a Sitting Ontop Of The World Delta fan?
I like Think about you but i wasn't wowed by the song. I've been a Delta fan ever since Innocent eyes and her stint in Neighbours which i used to love watching when i was young. :lol: My absolute favourite Delta single is Believe again. <3
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:33 pm

cheapthrills wrote:We have the same #1 now :D

I love Janelle so much and I think she really delivered this time. What do you think about Django Jane?

Nice to see Muse debut. :)
Thanks cheapthrills :D

Amazing news to know that Janelle is also #1 in your chart. I shall have to check out your new chart shortly. :wink: I don't really know many other songs by her apart from We are young but i'm totally in love with Make me feel. Not so much Django Jane which is more typical US rap music which is often not my genre of choice. I can't even guarantee it'll enter my chart tomorrow as my attention has been pretty much geared towards Make me feel.

Muse are one of my favourite bands. They had a tremendous run back in 2015 with the album Drones and maybe of those tracks charted high in my chart. I guess Muse lost out this time due to strong competition.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Is 2018 the year of shared #1s for us? :lol:

What are your thoughts on "Django Jane"? For me, both songs have terrific videos, and they're on par quality-wise. I think "Make Me Feel" is catchier, whereas "Django Jane" is edgier, and I guess the smoother melody of "Make Me Feel" is what's given it a slight edge over "Django Jane" for me.

11 (12) Justin Timberlake featuring Chris Stapleton - Say something [5 wks] [#4]
My Tribute to Janet Jackson: [#1 Revealed!]

I lost myself to music at a very early age, and I remained there.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:21 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Mission accomplished! :lol:
Thanks Paul :D

LOL aww, i always appreciate whenever someone comments in my chart so i like to acknowledge that. :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:I feel you there :x Nipple piercings/rings are one of my biggest turn-off's because all I can think about when I see them is paaaaiiiinnnn!
Oh totally. :lol: Just the thought of having a piercing and then getting it caught on something would bring tears to my eyes. I want to live my live as pain free as possible. Getting my nipple piercing caught on my t-shirt or whatever is such a big no.

phoenix98 wrote: :o That's fantastic! "Feel It Still" is featured in a cute Vitamin Water ad that I've seen lately, so maybe that's the one?
I'm now interested in seeing if Portugal. The Man can peak higher as its now #2 on iTunes and #8 on Spotify charts which is so amazing. It'll never be #1 now that Drake and Post Malone have got singles hogging the top 2. So right now i'm only interested in what gets to #3 in the UK as the top 2 is a foregone conclusion for the next few weeks. Yay for boring predictable charts. :roll: :evil:

phoenix98 wrote:Apparently "God's Plan" has been racking up "Harlem Shake"-size streaming figures in the US lately, which is INSANE, since HS relied so much on all of those fan-made 30-second clips being counted! Admittedly, watching the official video for "God's Plan" helped me warm up to it a TEENSY bit :oops: but I'm still very ready to see something else at No. 1 in the US AND UK! :lol:
LOL that Harlem shake craze took on a life of its own but i still can't believe in America all those millions of 30 second videos actually counted towards the charts. It just seemed like madness to me at the time and i couldn't really take the US charts seriously. Especially after Gangnam style only got to #2 and seemed far more popular by comparison.

Sadly right now Post Malone is the only other artist who could replace Drake at #1 in both UK and US. What a dark time it currently is for popular music. Well, i say "popular" but i remain unconvinced by the sheer domination on Spotify. It's too good to be true that these two are racking up so many more streams a day compared to everyone else. Hmm! :-?

phoenix98 wrote:Phew :oops: I'm relieved to learn that Taylor doesn't have that "honor" all to herself, but I'm sad to see that "Body Talk" is among the fastest-fallers! I don't know Foxes's catalog too well, but "Body Talk" is definitely my favorite of what I've heard (as the lead artist, anyway. "Clarity" >>>>>>)
I think Foxes was lucky to get the #1 that particular week and i don't think it was really a big week in general so the drop off seemed more inevitable. Foxes most popular songs were before i started compiling my own chart but i'm sure both Clarity and Youth would've been successful in my chart but probably not chart toppers.

phoenix98 wrote:Naw, I didn't see any of it (I'm not sure if it's broadcast here in the States, though I probably could've found SOME way to watch it illegally/unofficially in 2018) :lol: I don't know much about grime either. Wikipedia tells me it's "a genre of electronic music originating in the United Kingdom" - but it sounds like you don't take much pride in that particular local product :lol: The Wiki page mentions Dizzee Rascal (I've heard "Bonkers", but I think that's all) and Roll Deep (I did love their "Good Times", but I suspect that's one of their most poppy/mainstream offerings and not actually the best reflection of grime.) I never checked out the Stormzy version of "Power", but based on your reaction to him/his genre, that's probably for the best...
I love what i can only describe as "music". :lol: I love singers, amazing choruses that i can sing along to, and i adore beautiful melodies. Grimes doesn't offer any of this. It's just beats, sound effects and angry british rapping. It fails to generate any buzz or excitement with me. If anything, grime artists bore me senseless. :oops: Ahh the thing with Bonkers! and Good times is that they were far more influenced by dance music and like you rightly point out, those were mainstream hits. That's where my love for music lies, primarily anything that sounds radio friendly. :P The irony about grime is that it doesn't even sound fresh or new. It just sounds like the younger sibling to the speed garage genre that was popular around 2000 - and i hated those songs back then just as much. :lol:

As for Power i wasn't that fussed with the Stormzy remix. I didn't dislike it, just thought it was a bit pointless just like the Machine Gun Kelly version of No more sad songs. Adding a rapper just for the sake of having a rapper, especially when they don't really contribute anything worthwhile to a pop song i'm already familiar with. It all seems pointless to me. :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Nice - so it even held true for all of Sofi Tukker's featured guests too! With regard to the trend continuing, more on that in a minute... ;)
Indeed so. I suppose the question now is who will be the next artist to score another #1 in my chart? :P It's surely only a matter of time before that happens.

phoenix98 wrote:Thanks for taking the time to post that! It's not ringing any bells on first listen, but I like it!
Aww, no worries. Changes was more popular in europe so it probably wasn't successful in America as the whole edm genre hadn't really taken off at that point.

phoenix98 wrote:Oooh, I hope you're right about that! I mean, I wish "Seeing Blind" was being pushed as his main single in the US too, but I'd rather have the situation you described than them (bafflingly) passing on "Seeing Blind" EVERYWHERE...
Well, even i hope i'm right. :lol: :P It would baffle me completely if Seeing blind isn't a single. But then Eminem's releasing Untouchable as the next single when he's got gems like Like home and Need me on the album, and P!nk is releasing Whatever you want as the next single when she's got gems like Where we go and I am here on her album. Record companies often make the strangest decisions, assuming its them who choose the singles anyways? :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:• ...and resuming our talk of acts snagging their first-ever No. 1 here, has Janelle kept that streak going? I'd seen her name floating around for years now, but it was only recently that I actually checked out her music after seeing "Cold War" atop Akini's chart. It made a surprisingly strong first impression, but this one I've been loving even more! Somehow, that mouth/tongue-clicking background effect works brilliantly :lol: The video is a visual treat too, and it's unreal how she can look SO stunning in so many completely different styles! It's a strong contender for my next No. 1, but its biggest competition can be found further down here...
• Awesome to see "The Middle" crack your Top 10! It's up No. 17 ---> No. 13 on the latest Hot 100, so hopefully it'll achieve that same honor very soon. It's really been stuck in my head the past day or so, and it should enjoy a decent rebound on my next chart!
• ...and the competition I mentioned above is Delta's "Think About You." She's scored a couple of big Paulboard hits over the years (namely "Sitting On Top Of The World" and "Heart Hypnotic"), but I've never checked out a full album of hers. After seeing "Think About You" debut on Tansike's last chart, I gave it a listen - and I was hooked! It's like Delta's been reading my mind :lol: "I think about you naked when I'm reading your chart..."

Yet another chart that gives me all kinds of feels, Jake! :D
Janelle has indeed kept that streak going. :P This song just came out of nowhere and blew my entire chart out of the water in one evening. I played the video so many times last Friday night, and then downloaded the song on iTunes. I've become addicted to Make me feel ever since. That said, i loved We are young so i'm sure that would've been a #1 in my chart back in 2012 but on a technicality, this is Janelle's first #1 here. Ohh nice, maybe we will have a shared #1 tomorrow night? :D

Who'd have thought The middle would crack my top 10? Even i never saw that coming when the track first entered my chart. It has been a slow burning single boosted by the music video. I also had no idea it was doing so successfully in the US charts. :o

Ohh wow, for me there is a clear distinction between the absolutely awesome Make me feel and the good but nothing exceptional Think about you. I loved Delta when she first started out with the Innocent eyes album and enjoyed a string of hit singles. LOL exactly how many guys on UK Mix do you think about naked when you're reading their chart? :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:33 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Is 2018 the year of shared #1s for us? :lol:

What are your thoughts on "Django Jane"? For me, both songs have terrific videos, and they're on par quality-wise. I think "Make Me Feel" is catchier, whereas "Django Jane" is edgier, and I guess the smoother melody of "Make Me Feel" is what's given it a slight edge over "Django Jane" for me.

Thanks Akini :D

LOL i count 3 so far; Troye, Kylie, Janelle. The holy trinity! <3 :lol: If 2018 ended up being the year of the joint #1s then that concludes we have the most fabulous taste. :P :wink: Ohh did The Weeknd top your chart too? :o The wholesome foursome. :lol: :P

I did check out both of Janelle's tracks but Django Jane didn't have half as much impact on me compared to the truly amazing Make me feel which is simply stunning and incredibly catchy. It's everything i long for in a pop song which will explain why it resonated so much more with me.

If only Make me feel was dominating iTunes and Spotify right now. :cry:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:12 pm

JakeP Top 20 (3rd March 2018)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (01) Janelle Monáe - Make me feel [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (02) Sofi Tukker featuring NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno - Best friend [5 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
03 (NE) Sigala & Paloma Faith - Lullaby [1 wk] [#3]
04 (06) Marshmello & Anne-Marie - FRIENDS [3 wks] [#4]
05 (05) The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar - Pray for me [4 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
06 (04) Pnau - Go bang [3 wks] [#2]
07 (03) Platon featuring Joolay - Taking me higher [4 wks] [#3]
08 (07) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
09 (NE) David Guetta, Martin Garrix & Brooks - Like i do [1 wk] [#9]
10 (10) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey - The middle [6 wks] [#10]
11 (NE) George Ezra - Paradise [1 wk] [#11]
12 (13) Saara Aalto - Monsters [3 wks] [#5]
13 (09) Mabel & Not3s - Fine line [7 wks] [#2]
14 (08) Rudimental featuring Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplen - These days [6 wks] [#8]
15 (NE) The Chainsmokers - You owe me [1 wk] [#15]
16 (12) Troye Sivan - My my my! [8 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
17 (NE) 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want you back [1 wk] [#17]
18 (11) Justin Timberlake featuring Chris Stapleton - Say something [6 wks] [#4]
19 (NE) Saara Aalto - Queens [1 wk] [#19]
20 (16) Khalid & Normani - Love lies [2 wks] [#16]

The Hit Seeker

Meghan Trainor - No excuses
JakeP
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:11 am

JakeP wrote:
SummerPeur wrote:
I like Think about you but i wasn't wowed by the song. I've been a Delta fan ever since Innocent eyes and her stint in Neighbours which i used to love watching when i was young. :lol: My absolute favourite Delta single is Believe again. <3
Yeah I would agree with that. Uh yes!!! Innocent Eyes is such an AMAZING album + I do always forget she was on neighbours.

Believe Again <3.

JakeP wrote:JakeP Top 20 (3rd March 2018)

Great to see Lullaby have a Top3 debut! 8-).

Haven't had a chance to check out Like I Do Yet....I'll give it a spin this week. Hopefully it's on par with some of his other good songs.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:35 pm

19 (NE) Saara Aalto - Queens [1 wk] [#19]

It was too campy for me. ''Monsters'' deserved to win UMK
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:19 pm

SummerPeur wrote:Yeah I would agree with that. Uh yes!!! Innocent Eyes is such an AMAZING album + I do always forget she was on neighbours.

Believe Again <3.
Thanks SummerPeur :D

Innocent eyes was amazing, it was jam packed with so many incredible songs. Delta seriously delivered with her debut, no wonder it was so successful. <3 LOL Neighbours was one of those australian soaps that were cool to watch when i was like 11 or 12 but then i lost interest after a couple of years and never watched it after that. :lol: :oops:

SummerPeur wrote:Great to see Lullaby have a Top3 debut! 8-).

Haven't had a chance to check out Like I Do Yet....I'll give it a spin this week. Hopefully it's on par with some of his other good songs.
Lullaby is wonderful and Paloma really owns it in the glossy music video, but that said i do prefer some of Sigala's other big hits more.

As for Like i do, i suspect many people will disregard this track as generic but its that very genericness that makes me enjoy the song more. :P
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:22 pm

heppolo wrote:19 (NE) Saara Aalto - Queens [1 wk] [#19]

It was too campy for me. ''Monsters'' deserved to win UMK
Thanks heppolo :D

Aww, to be honest with a song titled Queens i'd have been underwhelmed had the song not been camp enough. :lol: Saara is the perfect type of female singer who can deliver these bops with so much pizazz and stage presence. :wink:

I'm so delighted that Finland made imo the right decision to send Monsters to eurovision.
JakeP
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:41 pm

JakeP wrote: Neighbours was one of those australian soaps that were cool to watch when i was like 11 or 12 but then i lost interest after a couple of years and never watched it after that. :lol: :oops:
Wait, are you Australian Jake? :o 8-) How did I not know this...... (actually, neighbours was huge in the UK as well, so maybe not).

JakeP wrote:As for Like i do, i suspect many people will disregard this track as generic but its that very genericness that makes me enjoy the song more. :P
Well I don't mind me some generic pop masterpieces :D
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:28 pm

SummerPeur wrote:Wait, are you Australian Jake? :o 8-) How did I not know this...... (actually, neighbours was huge in the UK as well, so maybe not).
Ohh no i'm from the UK :lol: :P but Neighbours has always been broadcast here. It was even more popular around the time i was born in the late 80s. The impact of Kylie. 8-)

SummerPeur wrote:Well I don't mind me some generic pop masterpieces :D
What i love most about Like i do is the bold melody and it's also a genuine club banger, and not one of those songs where it gets to the "drop" and within seconds all the euphoria of the build up vanishes. :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:45 pm

JakeP wrote:LOL aww, i always appreciate whenever someone comments in my chart so i like to acknowledge that. :oops:
<3 It's win-win, for sure, since it gives me a chance to gush about songs I'm loving (and discover some new ones too!)

JakeP wrote:Oh totally. :lol: Just the thought of having a piercing and then getting it caught on something would bring tears to my eyes. I want to live my live as pain free as possible. Getting my nipple piercing caught on my t-shirt or whatever is such a big no.
:o :cry:

Granted, I guess the remedy for that would be for you to just never wear a shirt ;) Shirt-snagging-issues aside, though, the whole pins/bars-through-flesh look is just too unnerving for me.

JakeP wrote:I'm now interested in seeing if Portugal. The Man can peak higher as its now #2 on iTunes and #8 on Spotify charts which is so amazing. It'll never be #1 now that Drake and Post Malone have got singles hogging the top 2. So right now i'm only interested in what gets to #3 in the UK as the top 2 is a foregone conclusion for the next few weeks. Yay for boring predictable charts. :roll: :evil:
It's so true :cry: It's especially rough how we basically went right from the competition-crushing "Perfect" straight into the equally-overly-massive "God's Plan" (with a very brief stint for "River" in the UK and "Havana" in the US.) I much prefer the nail-biter battles (or total out-of-left-field shockers) too.

JakeP wrote:Sadly right now Post Malone is the only other artist who could replace Drake at #1 in both UK and US. What a dark time it currently is for popular music. Well, i say "popular" but i remain unconvinced by the sheer domination on Spotify. It's too good to be true that these two are racking up so many more streams a day compared to everyone else. Hmm! :-?
It really is mind-boggling. I get that Drake's pretty massive, but now "God's Plan" has had two of the five biggest streaming weeks EVER in the US:

Spoiler:
103.1 million U.S. streams, "Harlem Shake," Baauer (driven heavily by viral videos incorporating the song's official audio), chart dated March 2, 2013
101.7 million, "God's Plan," Drake, March 3, 2018
97.6 million, "Harlem Shake," Baauer, March 9, 2013
92.8 million, "God's Plan," Drake, March 10, 2018
84.5 million, "Look What You Made Me Do," Taylor Swift, Sept. 16, 2017

I guess these numbers are partially a sign of how more and more people are switching over to streaming now (like how digital sales really exploded in the early-2010's.) If only this new form of sucess was spread to a greater variety of artists, though...

JakeP wrote:Well, even i hope i'm right. :lol: :P It would baffle me completely if Seeing blind isn't a single. But then Eminem's releasing Untouchable as the next single when he's got gems like Like home and Need me on the album, and P!nk is releasing Whatever you want as the next single when she's got gems like Where we go and I am here on her album. Record companies often make the strangest decisions, assuming its them who choose the singles anyways? :lol:
Ah, yeah, that "Whatever You Want" announcement was definitely a shocker :o I'm glad they finally decided on SOMETHING as her next single, but WYW wouldn't have been one my top contenders either. Maybe P!nk herself pushed for it? But I guess that's when the label should step in and be like "Eh....nope. Unless you wanna fund the promotion entirely yourself."

JakeP wrote:Ohh wow, for me there is a clear distinction between the absolutely awesome Make me feel and the good but nothing exceptional Think about you. I loved Delta when she first started out with the Innocent eyes album and enjoyed a string of hit singles. LOL exactly how many guys on UK Mix do you think about naked when you're reading their chart? :lol:
Ha, well, now you know why I comment on Akini's, Tansike's and your chart the most... ;)

JakeP wrote:01 (01) Janelle Monáe - Make me feel [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (02) Sofi Tukker featuring NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno - Best friend [5 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
04 (06) Marshmello & Anne-Marie - FRIENDS [3 wks] [#4]
05 (05) The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar - Pray for me [4 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
06 (04) Pnau - Go bang [3 wks] [#2]
08 (07) Kylie Minogue - Dancing [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
10 (10) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey - The middle [6 wks] [#10]
12 (13) Saara Aalto - Monsters [3 wks] [#5]
13 (09) Mabel & Not3s - Fine line [7 wks] [#2]
14 (08) Rudimental featuring Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplen - These days [6 wks] [#8]
15 (NE) The Chainsmokers - You owe me [1 wk] [#15]
16 (12) Troye Sivan - My my my! [8 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
17 (NE) 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want you back [1 wk] [#17]ize]
20 (16) Khalid & Normani - Love lies [2 wks] [#16]

Meghan Trainor - No excuses
• Looks like Janelle's still makin' you feel pretty good! Nothin' wrong with that. 8-)
• After poor Paloma flopped up a storm with "Guilty" and "Til I'm Done", it was refreshing to see "Lullaby" help her return to the UK Top 40!
• Drew really does sound quite different on "Sick Boy" and "You Owe Me." I didn't mind him before (I was obsessed with "Closer", and enjoyed both "All We Know" + "Paris" a good amount too), but it's impressive how he's managed to serve up such a different style and show that there's some unexpected versatility to his voice. (Well, unless those aren't actually his vocals) :lol: Most importantly: he's gotten you into a Chainsmokers single again! Would this be the first one that's grown on you with him (allegedly) doing the singing?
• "Want You Back" is cute. I haven't checked out either of their albums, but the singles from their first one were all pretty solid (especially "Don't Stop" and "Good Girls.")
• I really wasn't sure how Meghan would try to follow-up the under-performing Thank You era, but I was pleasantly surprised by "No Excuses." It would've been a No. 1 contender if I wasn't so captivated by some other random music lately...

Yet another chart that's so good AND so f**kin' real, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:04 am

So... Janelle at #1 again. 8-)
It's time for the 2000-2009 Female-Led Singles Countdown!
and my Top 100 Artists countdown!
More? How about a survivor based on a countdown?
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby Fan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi Jake!
That has been a long time, haven't been very active on this forum in general the last few weeks but thought I would drop by to comment here. Your #1 is everything. I just adore Janelle and this is really the perfect comeback song, everything is effortlessly cool. The video is superb!! They played it last night in the club and it was soo good to hear. What do you think about Django Jane?

Best Friend is a song I hadn't heard before, but it's nice.

Good to see Kylie still riding high. I am still pretty much addicted to Dancing <3
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:27 pm

phoenix98 wrote:<3 It's win-win, for sure, since it gives me a chance to gush about songs I'm loving (and discover some new ones too!)
I think the whole idea of a personal chart is amazing. I always get a real insight into the poster behind the chart. :wink: Discovering new music is always a bonus too, and even flattering when its my own chart where a song is discovered by others. :D Although i'm radio friendly so this is a rare occurrence. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote: :o :cry:

Granted, I guess the remedy for that would be for you to just never wear a shirt ;) Shirt-snagging-issues aside, though, the whole pins/bars-through-flesh look is just too unnerving for me.
LOL the last thing i'd want to see is a load of piercings all over my bf's body. I don't even find piercings sexy. I can tolerate tattoos on guys if they're more subtle. But if i guy has his entire body inked i'd more than likely find that offputting too. :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:It's so true :cry: It's especially rough how we basically went right from the competition-crushing "Perfect" straight into the equally-overly-massive "God's Plan" (with a very brief stint for "River" in the UK and "Havana" in the US.) I much prefer the nail-biter battles (or total out-of-left-field shockers) too.
I have to admit i have a new found love for God's plan, not the song but the music video. Drake is heading for a new entry in my new chart although he won't be entering anywhere near #1 :lol: I just find the idea that this song has now spent 7 weeks at #1. At one time spending 7 weeks at #1 was a massive achievement and it was always songs loved by the general public that got these accolades. Spotify has made the charts so uneventful to the point that God's plan is now on its 7th week at #1 but i suspect most of the general public won't know the song, and if they did hear it would say it's crap. The charts have changed so much, and not for the better. :cry:

phoenix98 wrote:It really is mind-boggling. I get that Drake's pretty massive, but now "God's Plan" has had two of the five biggest streaming weeks EVER in the US:

I guess these numbers are partially a sign of how more and more people are switching over to streaming now (like how digital sales really exploded in the early-2010's.) If only this new form of sucess was spread to a greater variety of artists, though...
It defies belief and imo Spotify has managed to devalue the whole concept of a #1 single. It's disappointing having grown up throughout the 00s and the early 10s experiencing the charts at a really exciting era. I'd love the charts to go back to how they were 5-10 years ago because they still managed to be unpredictable at times but always seemed fresh each week.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, yeah, that "Whatever You Want" announcement was definitely a shocker :o I'm glad they finally decided on SOMETHING as her next single, but WYW wouldn't have been one my top contenders either. Maybe P!nk herself pushed for it? But I guess that's when the label should step in and be like "Eh....nope. Unless you wanna fund the promotion entirely yourself."
Unlike Beautiful trauma, the official music video for Whatever you want didn't have much of an impact on me so its safe to say P!nk won't be re-entering my chart later on. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if it was the record label who pushed for Whatever you want as a single. Some wise guy chose Revenge to be a single, and then they released a music video for Wild hearts can't be broken which didn't exactly turn into a chart hit. It's another classic example of record companies just not having a clue what they're doing...but they're being told to do something. This is the end result. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, well, now you know why I comment on Akini's, Tansike's and your chart the most... ;)
LOL :lol: and for that we shall forever be thankful. :P :wink: 8-)

phoenix98 wrote:• Looks like Janelle's still makin' you feel pretty good! Nothin' wrong with that. 8-)
• After poor Paloma flopped up a storm with "Guilty" and "Til I'm Done", it was refreshing to see "Lullaby" help her return to the UK Top 40!
• Drew really does sound quite different on "Sick Boy" and "You Owe Me." I didn't mind him before (I was obsessed with "Closer", and enjoyed both "All We Know" + "Paris" a good amount too), but it's impressive how he's managed to serve up such a different style and show that there's some unexpected versatility to his voice. (Well, unless those aren't actually his vocals) :lol: Most importantly: he's gotten you into a Chainsmokers single again! Would this be the first one that's grown on you with him (allegedly) doing the singing?
• "Want You Back" is cute. I haven't checked out either of their albums, but the singles from their first one were all pretty solid (especially "Don't Stop" and "Good Girls.")
• I really wasn't sure how Meghan would try to follow-up the under-performing Thank You era, but I was pleasantly surprised by "No Excuses." It would've been a No. 1 contender if I wasn't so captivated by some other random music lately...

Yet another chart that's so good AND so f**kin' real, Jake! :D
I'm still loving Make me feel and it's left to be seen whether Janelle can make it 3 weeks at the top. :wink:

Paloma Faith suffering at the hands of Spotify. I keep joking that if certain acts (Paloma, Kylie etc...) did a song with Drake or Post Malone they would probably go top 10 with ease. :lol: :( :evil: Lullaby has been doing well on iTunes so its mainly its download sales that have got Paloma to #21 in the UK. The song is just outside the top 50 on UK Spotify. If it could just get a boost into the top 50 then it has a chance of climbing higher up.

Ahh i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this. :lol: I noticed it the very first time i checked out Sick boy, and then it struck me again the first time listening to You owe me and wondered if he was lip syncing to another guy's vocals. :oops: Both tracks made my top 20 although this new track has peaked higher than Sick boy (#18) but yes, it's a big improvement although Closer did get to #17 back in 2016. I hated Paris though, that got nowhere near my top 20. :lol: All we know was the lesser of two evils but that song still bored me. :oops:

I hadn't really thought about it at first but this new track from 5 Seconds Of Summer sounds a lot like The 1975, even though i've never been that much of a fan of their music they do share some similarities.

Random music? I'm intrigued in seeing your new chart just to see what counts for "random" this week. :lol: I was surprised at the backlash and negativity Meghan seemed to generate with No excuses but i like it, just not enough to have a big high debut on my chart.

My chart will always be so good and so f**kin' real. :lol: :P
JakeP
Manager

Return to Personal Charts