JakeP Top 20

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby JakeP » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:31 pm

cheapthrills wrote:If You're Over Me was a big miss for me - I don't know why - it's a little too bouncy I guess. I really loved Sanctify and I'm hoping the next thing I hear is more a long those lines. Solo is a nice #1 - Demi is not a favorite of mine, but I've really liked Clean Bandit's recent releases. It has an Ace of Base sound to it to me - at least the verse does.
Thanks cheapthrills :D

Aww, i've found myself enjoying If you're over me more and more over these last couple of weeks. The release of the music video also helped me to enjoy the song more. :wink: :lol: It is probably their most "pop" like pure pop, not the sort of synth pop that King and Shine leaned towards. I reckon this will overtake Ssnctify in my affections soon.

Demi has always been hit n' miss for me too, but when Demi releases pure pop gold, i'm totally here for it. :D Clean Bandit have become the pioneers of the perfect pop song, they've now scored seven #1 hits in my chart - prior to Solo they shared that honour with Coldplay (six #1 songs). Ahh yes Ace Of Base made some great unashamedly pure pop songs back in the early 90s. Those songs i've got to know over the last 15-20 years and have become firm favourites of mine so i love that Clean Bandit have taken inspiration from the swedes. <3
JakeP
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:18 pm

Which act has the most #1s on your chart?
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:13 am

09 (NE) Christine And The Queens featuring Dâm-Funk - Damn, dis-moi [1 wk] [#9]

It's a definite grower for me. At first, I wasn't feeling this but after several spins everything comes together with this song.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:25 pm

cheapthrills wrote:Which act has the most #1s on your chart?
Clean Bandit. :lol: :P
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:28 pm

heppolo wrote:09 (NE) Christine And The Queens featuring Dâm-Funk - Damn, dis-moi [1 wk] [#9]

It's a definite grower for me. At first, I wasn't feeling this but after several spins everything comes together with this song.
Thanks heppolo :D

I was a bit unsure at first but curiously i played Girlfriend first without realising there was also a french version. So i listened to Damn, dis-moi and i can't really explain why but i prefer listening to this song in french. The same happened with Christine which i still prefer more than Tilted.

Maybe its the french language that makes songs sound more romantic to me than the english translated versions. :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:30 am

JakeP wrote:We know Beyoncé has a tendency to release new music completely out of the blue to create more hype and attention. You can send me as many xoxo's as you like. :wink:
Well, in that case:

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

(I'll save some for next week...) ;)

JakeP wrote:I totally agree with you, and considering they were touring together i really thought it was a no brainer to release Seeing blind as a single. Unless Niall's team were worried that the success of the song would put more of the spotlight on Maren after the success of The middle. Really baffling if that were to be the case. Yes, if they released a studio version of So long that sounded identical that performance, i would the track without hesitation. I hope it doesn't end up just becoming a song performed on tour and never actually available to download/stream. Would seem like another wasted opportunity. :cry:
Niall must've checked this thread (he should be regularly following your chart anyway, of course), because we finally got an official "Seeing Blind" video (of sorts). I hope the song gets more of a push than simply dropping that video...but at least that gem's been properly acknowledged in some way now!

JakeP wrote:I will always have one of my close friends who i've known since college for introducing me to the world of cheeky vimto. They are so delicious but i couldn't drink just them all night long. :oops: :lol:
Ha, that's probably for the best :lol: We've just gotta find you another favorite drink, and then you can alternate between the two all night long! ;)

JakeP wrote:To be honest, i'm surprised Ed Sheeran hasn't gone down the Perfect route by releasing some new versions of the song with different featured artists. It's the only way Happier could become a hit now although i still think its a cop out when songs rely of several versions to get a #1 hit. If one version can't achieve it, then surely that suggests it's not #1 worthy. :P (unless it's a song i love then i'm totally for it :lol: )
Yeah, it does seem unlike him/his team to just sit back and let "Happier" flop the way it has been now that it's a single. Maybe they figure it's best to save the budget for his next album at this point? He did drop that random video for "Bibia Be Ye Ye" a while back, then did nothing else in terms of promoting/pushing the song, so I guess "Happier" might wind up like that...?

Ha, yeah, I've got mixed feelings about the multiple-version strategy. On one hand, it does seem like a way to play the chart system (and in a way that only already-established acts can really afford to do, especially if big-name guests are involved in the new versions)...but some of these alternate versions might genuinely connect with people in ways the original didn't, and for fans, it can be fun to hear new takes/variations on a song you already loved. It does get tricky with certain "remixes" that are so different they should probably be charting as entirely separate songs (and sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, so it can feel somewhat arbitrary).

JakeP wrote:It would appear so but there's a very eclectic range of tastes across UK Mix which i actually adore even if i personally don't find others favourites quite as appealing. I've always described my musical tastes as "radio friendly" :lol: but its always cool whenever i discover a song in another chart that i end up loving. It just so happens to be Tansike's chart where this happens but then again we both have similar tastes in music so its more understandable. <3
Even if "I'll Be There" never manages to win over some UKMIXers, it looks like it's really clicking in the UK now :o I was pleasantly surprised to see it at No. 2 on the latest chart, and it's No. 1 on UK iTunes (with a decent lead)! The discount is probably helping, but still - success worth celebrating!

JakeP wrote:Oh! :oops: I understand what you mean now. My bad. :lol: I'm sure there are ways to live stream tv shows, usually they stream events on YouTube. Yes, Eleni finished in 2nd place which is still incredible and its certainly helped raise her public profile. She's going to be busy this month as she's performing at several pride events in Spain and she's also coming to perform at London pride, although i won't be going purely because of work commitments. :( Actually, Netta won by a fair considerable amount of points so it wasn't even close in the end, about 100 points between them which is quite a gap between the top 2. :o
Aw, bummer that you can't make it to London Pride, especially if Eleni's performing! :x Have you gone in previous years? Does Manchester have much of a pride parade/festival? San Francisco's is coming up in a few weeks, and one of my friends from college will be in town, so it should be especially interesting...

JakeP wrote:Ohh yes, it's providing me with some amazing shots from the music videos that i find incredibly sexy to watch. These music videos are certainly a lot more homoerotic compared to the likes of King and Shine and i love it. :P
**Nod** Werk it, Olly! 8-)

JakeP wrote:1. Clean Bandit (7)
2. Coldplay (6)
3. Little Mix (5)
4. Calvin Harris (4)
5. Sia (4)
Many thanks for compiling that! So "Solo" was the single that allowed them to break that tie with Coldplay and emerge as the ultimate JakeP No. 1 champs 8-) I imagine we're due for a Little Mix album sometime this year, though, so competition at the top of that list could get fierce soon...

JakeP wrote:01 (01) Clean Bandit featuring Demi Lovato - Solo [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (02) George Ezra - Shotgun [2 wks] [#2]
03 (RE) Kylie Minogue - Golden [5 wks] [#3]
04 (05) Céline Dion - Ashes [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
05 (03) Eleni Foureira - Fuego [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
06 (06) Years & Years - If you’re over me [4 wks] [#6]
07 (07) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
08 (08) Shawn Mendes featuring Khalid - Youth [5 wks] [#7]
09 (NE) Christine And The Queens featuring Dâm-Funk - Damn, dis-moi [1 wk] [#9]
11 (11) Troye Sivan - Bloom [5 wks] [#3]
12 (14) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [8 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
13 (04) Christina Aguilera featuring Demi Lovato - Fall in line [3 wks] [#3]
16 (RE) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One kiss [7 wks] [#3]
17 (13) Jess Glynne - I’ll be there [4 wks] [#6]
18 (NE) 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood [1 wk] [#18]
20 (NE) Selena Gomez - Back to you [1 wk] [#20]
• Awesome to see "Solo" enjoy a duo of weeks on top :D Which of Clean Bandit's seven No. 1's has held that spot the longest (so far)?
• You weren't kidding about that high re-entry for "Golden." A lovely bday gift for Kylie!
• Hopefully "If You're Over Me" can break out of this 6-6-6 rut :lol: You've mentioned how it's been growing on you, so maybe its time has come to crack the Top 5...?
• I added the English version of "Girlfriend" a couple weeks ago, and it hasn't been doing much for me, so I might give the French version a try. I was introduced to her through "Tilted," so I've checked out her English versions first since then, but maybe this one's charms really shine through in her native tongue.
• Glad that "Back To You" managed to sneak in there!

Yet another peerless chart, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:16 am

phoenix98 wrote:Well, in that case:

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

(I'll save some for next week...) ;)
LOL i thought you'd just gone and used up a whole years supply of xoxo's in one post. :lol: :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:Niall must've checked this thread (he should be regularly following your chart anyway, of course), because we finally got an official "Seeing Blind" video (of sorts). I hope the song gets more of a push than simply dropping that video...but at least that gem's been properly acknowledged in some way now!
Niall certainly knows his audience! :P I noticed that the other night whilst i was on YouTube and i will admit my face lit up when i realised they'd released an acoustic music video. I'd still love an official music video but one step at a time, eh? :wink: I'd love Niall to at least release a new single later this year as a taster for whats to come next with his second album. :D

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, that's probably for the best :lol: We've just gotta find you another favorite drink, and then you can alternate between the two all night long! ;)
I prefer fruity flavours so i'm more in favour of cocktails than alcohol. But i'm a cop out whenever i go on a night out and end up drinking pepsi. :oops: :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, it does seem unlike him/his team to just sit back and let "Happier" flop the way it has been now that it's a single. Maybe they figure it's best to save the budget for his next album at this point? He did drop that random video for "Bibia Be Ye Ye" a while back, then did nothing else in terms of promoting/pushing the song, so I guess "Happier" might wind up like that...?
Maybe the music video for Happier was purely made as a thank you to the fans for making the ÷ era so successful. Have to admit Bibia be ye ye is one of my least favourite tracks on the album. I'm still unsure exactly what Ed was trying to achieve with this song, it's just not "Ed Sheeran" and feels like he did that song just for the sake of having a reggae-esque song on the album. I would've simply preferred another gem similar to Thinking out loud but it feels like he compensated having solid gold pop/rock songs by including unconvincing styles and genres that i just don't associate with Ed Sheeran as an artist. :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, yeah, I've got mixed feelings about the multiple-version strategy. On one hand, it does seem like a way to play the chart system (and in a way that only already-established acts can really afford to do, especially if big-name guests are involved in the new versions)...but some of these alternate versions might genuinely connect with people in ways the original didn't, and for fans, it can be fun to hear new takes/variations on a song you already loved. It does get tricky with certain "remixes" that are so different they should probably be charting as entirely separate songs (and sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, so it can feel somewhat arbitrary).
The worst offender for me was when Ed Sheeran released the Stormzy remix of Shape of you because by that point, the original had already spend about 2 months at #1 and was probably on the verge of being replaced at #1 by somebody else, so the remix came along which in turn boosted the overall sales for the song as they were combined, so it ended up at #1 for nearly 4 months instead. :x Now had it been Castle on the hill that had stayed at #1 for all those weeks, i would've preferred that purely because i thought it was the better song of the two but that's just my own opinion. I now find Shape of you incredibly overrated and not worthy of all that success the song received. :(

phoenix98 wrote:Even if "I'll Be There" never manages to win over some UKMIXers, it looks like it's really clicking in the UK now :o I was pleasantly surprised to see it at No. 2 on the latest chart, and it's No. 1 on UK iTunes (with a decent lead)! The discount is probably helping, but still - success worth celebrating!
Having read the sales figures thread last night, One week recorded another week-on-week decline, so this coming week it'll be hit with acr which means Calvin & Dua will definitely not be #1 next Friday. With Jess Glynne still #1 on iTunes and steadily climbing up the Spotify top 10 chart, I'll be there is in a strong position now to claim the #1 next Friday. :D Amazing news for Jess is she does get there but for me personally i feel like i'm already over the song. It hasn't retained the same level of impact songs like Hold my hand and Don't be so hard on yourself had on me.

phoenix98 wrote:Aw, bummer that you can't make it to London Pride, especially if Eleni's performing! :x Have you gone in previous years? Does Manchester have much of a pride parade/festival? San Francisco's is coming up in a few weeks, and one of my friends from college will be in town, so it should be especially interesting...
LOL to be fair Eleni wouldn't be my only reason for going. It's the whole experience that makes these events so special. Yes, they have a gay pride weekend every year in Manchester. I'm sure i mentioned this once, i went one year when Kelis was performing so that must've been 2011 or 2012? But i've been out to canal street frequently over the years. Where i work we have an hour for lunch so sometimes we go to canal street to one of the bars and i'll have a quick pint of...well, coke of course! :oops: :lol: before heading back to the office. Aww, i'm sure you and your friend will have a fabulous time at the San Francisco pride. 8-)

I've just had a look and we have Manchester pride taking place from 24-27 August so i may end up going there. Will see if a couple of my work colleagues are planning on going, then i can tag along. :lol: Rita Ora is the headlining artist. No doubt if i'm there i'll be bopping and singing along to Anywhere at the top of my voice. :P

https://festival.manchesterpride.com/big-weekend

phoenix98 wrote:**Nod** Werk it, Olly! 8-)
Oh, he's werking it alright. :lol: :wink: Speaking of werking it, have you seen Troye Sivan's music video for Bloom? If not, feast your eyes on this.

phoenix98 wrote:Many thanks for compiling that! So "Solo" was the single that allowed them to break that tie with Coldplay and emerge as the ultimate JakeP No. 1 champs 8-) I imagine we're due for a Little Mix album sometime this year, though, so competition at the top of that list could get fierce soon...
Indeed Solo has placed Clean Bandit at the top of this list, and i hadn't even thought about this until you asked. It was pretty fascinating working it all and discovering that the list was much closer than i realised. I'm guessing Little Mix will have a new album coming out later in the year so they've got a strong chance of giving Clean Bandit some competition in this list. Although Coldplay could quite easily release a new single/album before the end of the year so it's all to play for. :lol: I also can't rule out Calvin Harris either now that he's rediscovered what made him popular in the first place, so some more amazing club bangers could even put Calvin on top. 8-)

phoenix98 wrote:• Awesome to see "Solo" enjoy a duo of weeks on top :D Which of Clean Bandit's seven No. 1's has held that spot the longest (so far)?
• You weren't kidding about that high re-entry for "Golden." A lovely bday gift for Kylie!
• Hopefully "If You're Over Me" can break out of this 6-6-6 rut :lol: You've mentioned how it's been growing on you, so maybe its time has come to crack the Top 5...?
• I added the English version of "Girlfriend" a couple weeks ago, and it hasn't been doing much for me, so I might give the French version a try. I was introduced to her through "Tilted," so I've checked out her English versions first since then, but maybe this one's charms really shine through in her native tongue.
• Glad that "Back To You" managed to sneak in there!

Yet another peerless chart, Jake! :D
Rather be is Clean Bandit's longest running #1 with an impressive six weeks at #1 although Symphony came close with 5 weeks at #1 last year. The rest of their chart toppers had either 1 or 2 weeks at #1. Can Solo break that chain? :wink: :P

Kylie deservedly got a big re-entry with Golden and a new peak in the process as this got to #4 after the album release. I know the music video is quite simple but it's still quite a striking video and Kylie looks fantastic.

LOL poor Years & Years getting stuck at #6 for three weeks. :lol: The song has managed to hold up incredibly well even if it has struggled to secure at least one week in the top 5. I'm still enjoying the song so there's a good chance Olly will werk his way into my top 5 tonight. :wink:

I posted in reply to heppolo about Girlfriend which i checked out on YouTube when it was released but i wasn't quite feeling it on first listen. Then i noticed there was a french version too so i checked it out, and i found myself preferring this version. Like i posted above, i find the french language really romantic the way they pronounce their words so whilst i might not understand what they're singing, i still enjoy listening to the song hence why Damn, dis-moi successfully entered my chart. But it's not one of those instant songs that clicks on the first listen, i'd say it took a good 3 or 4 plays before it really clicked but the fact i went back for those extra plays shows that i found the song endearing. I could've given up after the first 2 plays. :lol:

Thanks Paul xx (had to get this in there :P )
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:18 pm

JakeP Top 20 (9th June 2018)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (NE) Loud Luxury featuring brando - Body [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (11) Troye Sivan - Bloom [6 wks] [#2]
03 (01) Clean Bandit featuring Demi Lovato - Solo [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (06) Years & Years - If you’re over me [5 wks] [#4]
05 (02) George Ezra - Shotgun [3 wks] [#2]
06 (04) Céline Dion - Ashes [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
07 (07) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [8 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
08 (RE) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [9 wks] [#2]
09 (05) Eleni Foureira - Fuego [4 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
10 (NE) Gorillaz featuring George Benson - Humility [1 wk] [#10]
11 (RE) Kesha - Hymn [2 wks] [#11]
12 (09) Christine And The Queens featuring Dâm-Funk - Damn, dis-moi [2 wks] [#9]
13 (03) Kylie Minogue - Golden [6 wks] [#3]
14 (08) Shawn Mendes featuring Khalid - Youth [6 wks] [#7]
15 (10) Florence + The Machine - Hunger [6 wks] [#2]
16 (18) 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood [2 wks] [#16]
17 (16) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One kiss [8 wks] [#3]
18 (12) Kylie Minogue - Raining glitter [9 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
19 (20) Selena Gomez - Back to you [2 wks] [#19]
20 (NE) Maroon 5 featuring Cardi B - Girls like you [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Lily Allen - Lost my mind
JakeP
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:05 am

I missed a few charts sorry Jake :(.

Was great to see Golden peak at #3 last week :). Shame that Kylie is almost on the way out, however she is preparing for her new release in the next week, so hopefully we will see a new song nab the top spot again ;) (Kylie for #1 artist of 2018 hahaha).

Really hoping that Bloom somehow manages to sneak on up to the #1 position!

NTLTC seems to be holding on very well! I'm still so on the fence with this song! I loved it a few weeks ago, then didn't play it at all for the next 1-2 weeks, then just started playing it again. I just can't decide :(. I need Ariana to release a new song so I can move on lol.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:22 pm

SummerPeur wrote:I missed a few charts sorry Jake :(.

Was great to see Golden peak at #3 last week :). Shame that Kylie is almost on the way out, however she is preparing for her new release in the next week, so hopefully we will see a new song nab the top spot again ;) (Kylie for #1 artist of 2018 hahaha).

Really hoping that Bloom somehow manages to sneak on up to the #1 position!

NTLTC seems to be holding on very well! I'm still so on the fence with this song! I loved it a few weeks ago, then didn't play it at all for the next 1-2 weeks, then just started playing it again. I just can't decide :(. I need Ariana to release a new song so I can move on lol.
Thanks SummerPeur :D

Aww it's ok hun. <3 I'd noticed you haven't been on here for a couple of weeks so thought you had gone on holiday. 8-)

Golden benefitted from the release of the music video to coincide with Kylie's 50th birthday. I think it was the perfect song choice to really capture the sentiment of Kylie, the album and her dedicated and devoted fanbase. Music video effects tends to last a week tbh. :P I'm curious to see what the next single is. I'm still predicting Raining glitter purely because of the competition they ran a couple of months back, and part of the prize was to appear in Kylie's music video "dancing" so i doubt it'll be Radio on! :lol: Kylie has pretty much been the most dominant artist for the first six months of 2018. Dancing and Stop me from falling are currently my top 2 songs of the year so far but of course it could all chance by the end of the year.

The music video for Bloom is all kinds of everything. It really is one of the most fabulous videos i've seen so far this year. Bloom originally peaked at #3 when the song was first released, so to achieve a new peak now is absolutely extraordinary as its rare that a music video has that type of impact on me. Whether Troye can make it all the way to #1 is left to be seen but i'm loving Body so much at the moment.

I still love No tears left to cry and i love that its been holding up worldwide rather than going in hard and tailing off fast. I find the song incredibly endearing which has helped the track to stabilise in my chart. I'm already certain that we're gonna get a new track from Ariana on the 20th June when the album goes up for pre-order. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:22 am

Welcome to the ''similar artists'' section :)

Nice debut, I can't say this is a return to form for Gorillaz, but a step in the right direction most definitely.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:46 pm

JakeP wrote:JakeP Top 20 (9th June 2018)

Hey Jake! :D

Time to leave a comment about your current chart...

What a climb for "Bloom"! I guess that's the video effect, right? I haven't seen it yet and i also have to admit that my excitement for his album is near zero, though there's a chance the upcoming collaboration with Ariana Grande may change this for me. Did Troye already score a hit on your chart with some of his previous material?

Very glad to see "Solo" hanging on quite well!
Same for "No Tears Left To Cry".

"Seeing Blind", "Hymn" and "Girls Like You" all also benefitted from their videos, i guess? I've only seen the one for Maroon 5 and that was a really enjoyable one, so nice to see them just making it onto your Top20. Don't really know how to handle the video release for "Seeing Blind" though... because i'm not sure if i should see this as an official single now and let it onto my chart :oops: But i'm obviously very happy it got back into the Top10 here!

Nice for Selena for actually climbing up a spot with "Back To You" 8-)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Colbie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:40 pm

Lot's of ones that i like! 8-)

12 (09) Christine And The Queens featuring Dâm-Funk - Damn, dis-moi [2 wks] [#9]
Colbie
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:27 pm

heppolo wrote:02 (11) Troye Sivan - Bloom [6 wks] [#2]

Welcome to the ''similar artists'' section :)

Nice debut, I can't say this is a return to form for Gorillaz, but a step in the right direction most definitely.
Thanks heppolo :D

LOL :lol: Well i'm loving the "similar artists" section. In fact i'd love to have even more. :P

I enjoyed Humility the most out of the tracks that were released. I doubt Gorillaz will ever have another track as amazing as Feel good inc. though.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Tansike wrote:Hey Jake! :D

Time to leave a comment about your current chart...

What a climb for "Bloom"! I guess that's the video effect, right? I haven't seen it yet and i also have to admit that my excitement for his album is near zero, though there's a chance the upcoming collaboration with Ariana Grande may change this for me. Did Troye already score a hit on your chart with some of his previous material?

Very glad to see "Solo" hanging on quite well!
Same for "No Tears Left To Cry".

"Seeing Blind", "Hymn" and "Girls Like You" all also benefitted from their videos, i guess? I've only seen the one for Maroon 5 and that was a really enjoyable one, so nice to see them just making it onto your Top20. Don't really know how to handle the video release for "Seeing Blind" though... because i'm not sure if i should see this as an official single now and let it onto my chart :oops: But i'm obviously very happy it got back into the Top10 here!

Nice for Selena for actually climbing up a spot with "Back To You" 8-)
Thanks Tansike :D

Yes indeed i was so mesmerised by the video for Bloom and loved every different look that Troye gave us. Aww really? I have loved both this track and My, my, my so much whilst Dance to this has left me a little bit underwhelmed although i do like it to a certain extent. I doubt it'll trouble the top end of my chart anytime soon, or indeed ever. :(

Troye has been having success in my chart since 2014. :P :lol: Happy little pill was his breakthrough single that got to #2 in my chart, then TALK ME DOWN also peaked at #2 in 2015. Plus other tracks that have made my chart too.

Solo may well have slipped down but i can see this stabilising nicely as i'm still loving the song. Even more excitedly i think Clean Bandit are in a strong position to get the UK #1 single next week as well. :D

Ariana has enjoyed scoring a big hit and an endearing one at that. Its chart run is pretty cool although it pure luck that its ended up going 01-01-04-04-07-07-07-07 in its first eight weeks! :lol: Plus i'm still enjoying No tears left to cry so potentially another week inside the top 10. :P

LOL is my chart so predictable? Of course it is! :lol: Yes, they all benefitted from music video releases. Niall & Maren could've re-entered even higher had it been an official music video. As much as i adore their acoustic performance video, it still lacks that bit of energy that carries throughout the album version. In Australia, they're saying Seeing blind is the new single but i think Niall's record label should release a new single version like they did with On the loose which would make it official.

Back to you has had quite a slow burning impact on my chart. I have slowly got into the song more which helped Selena enter at #20. It looked like Selena was going to drop out again but the music video came along and was the reason why the song ended up achieving a new peak - albeit up to #19. :P But it brought the song back to my attention and i'm enjoying the song more now, so Back to you is looking set for another climb in my next chart. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Colbie wrote:Lot's of ones that i like! 8-)

Thanks Colbie :D

It's so good to see you loving many of the songs in my latest chart. <3
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:30 pm

JakeP wrote:LOL i thought you'd just gone and used up a whole years supply of xoxo's in one post. :lol: :wink:
Naaahhhh, there's always plenty more where that came from! With your consent, of course. xoxoxoxo

JakeP wrote:I prefer fruity flavours so i'm more in favour of cocktails than alcohol. But i'm a cop out whenever i go on a night out and end up drinking pepsi. :oops: :lol:
Same! I'm definitely drawn to the sweeter mixed drinks that drown out the actual alcohol taste as best as possible :lol: I don't think I'll ever be the "on the rocks"/just a glass of liquor-and-ice type.

JakeP wrote:Maybe the music video for Happier was purely made as a thank you to the fans for making the ÷ era so successful. Have to admit Bibia be ye ye is one of my least favourite tracks on the album. I'm still unsure exactly what Ed was trying to achieve with this song, it's just not "Ed Sheeran" and feels like he did that song just for the sake of having a reggae-esque song on the album. I would've simply preferred another gem similar to Thinking out loud but it feels like he compensated having solid gold pop/rock songs by including unconvincing styles and genres that i just don't associate with Ed Sheeran as an artist. :oops:

The worst offender for me was when Ed Sheeran released the Stormzy remix of Shape of you because by that point, the original had already spend about 2 months at #1 and was probably on the verge of being replaced at #1 by somebody else, so the remix came along which in turn boosted the overall sales for the song as they were combined, so it ended up at #1 for nearly 4 months instead. :x Now had it been Castle on the hill that had stayed at #1 for all those weeks, i would've preferred that purely because i thought it was the better song of the two but that's just my own opinion. I now find Shape of you incredibly overrated and not worthy of all that success the song received. :(
Aw, trying to put poor Ed in a box, eh? ;) Kidding aside, I'm open to him experimenting with different sounds/styles, especially as we move onto album #4, but I get that experimentation doesn't always work out/can yield very mixed results. "Bibia Be Ye Ye" falls somewhere in the middle of ÷ for me: not one of my top faves, but not one of the album's most forgettable (or regrettable) moments either ("Hearts Don't Break Around Here," "How Would You Feel (Paean)," "Save Myself").

Ah, damn - I'd completely forgotten about that SoY remix :o That really WAS overkill, and poor "Castle" surely could've used the special attention instead, since it had already gotten somewhat shafted by the whole dual-release strategy. I did (and still do, I guess) like SoY...but it'll probably be a while before I'm in the mood to play it again. :lol:

JakeP wrote:Having read the sales figures thread last night, One week recorded another week-on-week decline, so this coming week it'll be hit with acr which means Calvin & Dua will definitely not be #1 next Friday. With Jess Glynne still #1 on iTunes and steadily climbing up the Spotify top 10 chart, I'll be there is in a strong position now to claim the #1 next Friday. :D Amazing news for Jess is she does get there but for me personally i feel like i'm already over the song. It hasn't retained the same level of impact songs like Hold my hand and Don't be so hard on yourself had on me.
You called it! Although it's a bit of a bummer that this only happened because of ACR, I was ready to see "One Kiss" step aside, and "I'll Be There" is a likable enough replacement. Hopefully "Solo" can keep the turnover going next week! Either way, this Top 2 certainly does more for me than the Hot 100 Top 2. :cry: :cry: :cry:

JakeP wrote:LOL to be fair Eleni wouldn't be my only reason for going. It's the whole experience that makes these events so special. Yes, they have a gay pride weekend every year in Manchester. I'm sure i mentioned this once, i went one year when Kelis was performing so that must've been 2011 or 2012? But i've been out to canal street frequently over the years. Where i work we have an hour for lunch so sometimes we go to canal street to one of the bars and i'll have a quick pint of...well, coke of course! :oops: :lol: before heading back to the office. Aww, i'm sure you and your friend will have a fabulous time at the San Francisco pride. 8-)

I've just had a look and we have Manchester pride taking place from 24-27 August so i may end up going there. Will see if a couple of my work colleagues are planning on going, then i can tag along. :lol: Rita Ora is the headlining artist. No doubt if i'm there i'll be bopping and singing along to Anywhere at the top of my voice. :P
Is Canal Street the "gay district/neighborhood" in Manchester? Ha, a pint of Coke sounds like a smart choice for lunch in the middle of a work day anyway :lol: Somebody at the office oughta stay sober, eh? ;)

Nice, Rita's DEFINITELY a headliner worth going to see! I know it's still a couple months away, but hopefully you're able to make it and take/share some pictures of you dancing shirtless on stage next to Rita.

JakeP wrote:Oh, he's werking it alright. :lol: :wink: Speaking of werking it, have you seen Troye Sivan's music video for Bloom? If not, feast your eyes on this.
:o Damn, both him and Olly are really blossoming in their latest eras! The confidence, the charsima - truly owning it for the camera. <3

JakeP wrote:Rather be is Clean Bandit's longest running #1 with an impressive six weeks at #1 although Symphony came close with 5 weeks at #1 last year. The rest of their chart toppers had either 1 or 2 weeks at #1. Can Solo break that chain? :wink: :P
Looks like "Solo" wound up falling into that 1-or-2-week majority, but still plenty impressive! Since I just got to see the Top 5 acts with the most No. 1's here, could I get the Top 5 longest-lasting No. 1's overall? Basically: how do "Rather Be"s six weeks and "Symphony"s five weeks stack up across all acts?

JakeP wrote:01 (NE) Loud Luxury featuring brando - Body [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
16 (18) 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood [2 wks] [#16]
• Ooh...this new No. 1 is brand-new to me! The song, the artists, all of it - how'd you discover it? The whole tune is pretty catchy (especially those "hell nah" bits), and I love all the random In-N-Out promo in the (official?) lyric video. Great pick!
• Looks like the video release really helped "Bloom" flourish!
• AND "If You're Over Me" joins it inside the Top 5 too! Your Top 5 is turning into quite the cute-fest with Troye, Olly, George...and I guess I shouldn't leave Demi out! :lol:
• I'm a bit late to the party with "Youngblood," since I just added it last week, and it certainly sounds like their most interesting offering in a while! "Want You Back" was alright, and I didn't pay much attention to their last era after "She's Kinda Hot," but "Youngblood" does the whole 80's-synth-pop vibe pretty brilliantly. I'd love to see it blow up outside of Australia too.
• Cardi B's additions to "Girls Like You" don't do much for me, but the release of this new version did re-kindle my interest in the original!

Yet another chart that gets my body movin', Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:06 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Naaahhhh, there's always plenty more where that came from! With your consent, of course. xoxoxoxo
Aww multi coloured rainbow kisses. <3 You will always have my consent. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:Same! I'm definitely drawn to the sweeter mixed drinks that drown out the actual alcohol taste as best as possible :lol: I don't think I'll ever be the "on the rocks"/just a glass of liquor-and-ice type.
We have so much in common. :P Yes, i much prefer the more sweeter and palatable fruity flavours anytime. LOL i'm definitely not, i really don't do whiskey. Just a small sip and i feel like my throat has burnt out. :x :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Aw, trying to put poor Ed in a box, eh? ;) Kidding aside, I'm open to him experimenting with different sounds/styles, especially as we move onto album #4, but I get that experimentation doesn't always work out/can yield very mixed results. "Bibia Be Ye Ye" falls somewhere in the middle of ÷ for me: not one of my top faves, but not one of the album's most forgettable (or regrettable) moments either ("Hearts Don't Break Around Here," "How Would You Feel (Paean)," "Save Myself").

Ah, damn - I'd completely forgotten about that SoY remix :o That really WAS overkill, and poor "Castle" surely could've used the special attention instead, since it had already gotten somewhat shafted by the whole dual-release strategy. I did (and still do, I guess) like SoY...but it'll probably be a while before I'm in the mood to play it again. :lol:
Of course i am! :P I know what i love. :lol: :wink: There's nothing wrong with experimenting, and sometimes this can be a wonderful thing. I just don't find Bibia be ye ye particularly interesting. :oops: I can't even remember how two of those songs go as i've not played them since the album release 18 months ago. I know How would you feel (paean) was a single which just about scraped into my chart before disappearing never to be seen again, so at least it had some impact on me at the time.

phoenix98 wrote:You called it! Although it's a bit of a bummer that this only happened because of ACR, I was ready to see "One Kiss" step aside, and "I'll Be There" is a likable enough replacement. Hopefully "Solo" can keep the turnover going next week! Either way, this Top 2 certainly does more for me than the Hot 100 Top 2. :cry: :cry: :cry:
LOL i had an incline Jess would get to #1 because she was leading the pack on iTunes, and for once it seems like it was iTunes that was the deciding factor, rather than just Spotify dictating everything. :lol: This week i'm predicting Clean Bandit for #1 honours as Solo is now #1 on iTunes and is higher on Spotify than Jess Glynne but also their main competition from both George Ezra and Tom Walker. It's so refreshing to have no urban rap songs in contention for a change. Hooray for genre diversity! :lol: :P Ohh! :o I had no idea Post Malone was now #1 in America. Last i checked it was Childish Gambino but then the US charts don't interest me that much.

phoenix98 wrote:Is Canal Street the "gay district/neighborhood" in Manchester? Ha, a pint of Coke sounds like a smart choice for lunch in the middle of a work day anyway :lol: Somebody at the office oughta stay sober, eh? ;)

Nice, Rita's DEFINITELY a headliner worth going to see! I know it's still a couple months away, but hopefully you're able to make it and take/share some pictures of you dancing shirtless on stage next to Rita.
It sure is, canal street is like the definitive gay district of Manchester. <3 LOL exactly, and considering most of the others will have beer or wine, i know deep down that i'm having the sensible option. :P Plus i find it i did have an alcoholic drink, it'd relax me more so i wouldn't be as motivated to crack on with my job in the afternoons. :lol:

Yes i thought that too when i saw the line up. Sigala is a great choice too as i love his unashamed pure pop/dance music that i always have a soft spot for. <3 Haha i wouldn't have the guts to do that. Although my friend from work who is so flamboyant and extravert probably would. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote: :o Damn, both him and Olly are really blossoming in their latest eras! The confidence, the charsima - truly owning it for the camera. <3
Blossoming indeed. :P I'd love to see more young openly gay male singers embracing their inner diva and being so comfortable with their sexuality. The music video effect for Bloom last week was a big one.

phoenix98 wrote:Looks like "Solo" wound up falling into that 1-or-2-week majority, but still plenty impressive! Since I just got to see the Top 5 acts with the most No. 1's here, could I get the Top 5 longest-lasting No. 1's overall? Basically: how do "Rather Be"s six weeks and "Symphony"s five weeks stack up across all acts?
Sadly it wasn't to be as Clean Bandit managed two weeks but then i can't rule out Solo returning to #1 in the next or two, just depends on the competition from other artists. Ohh another chart stat related question. :D Here is a list of all my #1 singles that amassed a minimum of four weeks at the top of my chart. Ties have been ordered by release date (so earliest first). :wink:

1. Adele - Hello (7 weeks)
2. Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne - Rather be (6 weeks)
3. Ellie Goulding - Love me like you do (5 weeks)
4. Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson - Symphony (5 weeks)
5. Rita Ora - Anywhere (5 weeks)
6. Sia - Chandelier (4 weeks)
7. Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars - Uptown funk! (4 weeks)
8. Sigala - Easy love (4 weeks)
9. Little Mix featuring Jason Derulo - Secret love song (4 weeks)

As you can see it takes a mighty beast of a song to get more than 4 weeks at #1 in my chart. :D

phoenix98 wrote:• Ooh...this new No. 1 is brand-new to me! The song, the artists, all of it - how'd you discover it? The whole tune is pretty catchy (especially those "hell nah" bits), and I love all the random In-N-Out promo in the (official?) lyric video. Great pick!
• Looks like the video release really helped "Bloom" flourish!
• AND "If You're Over Me" joins it inside the Top 5 too! Your Top 5 is turning into quite the cute-fest with Troye, Olly, George...and I guess I shouldn't leave Demi out! :lol:
• I'm a bit late to the party with "Youngblood," since I just added it last week, and it certainly sounds like their most interesting offering in a while! "Want You Back" was alright, and I didn't pay much attention to their last era after "She's Kinda Hot," but "Youngblood" does the whole 80's-synth-pop vibe pretty brilliantly. I'd love to see it blow up outside of Australia too.
• Cardi B's additions to "Girls Like You" don't do much for me, but the release of this new version did re-kindle my interest in the original!

Yet another chart that gets my body movin', Jake! :D
Aww a nice little discovery for you. <3 There are a number of factors that have led to Body becoming my latest chart topper. Firstly i came across this song when i was looking for songs i could enter the FSC in the games forum. This just happened to be #1 on Canada's iTunes chart which caught my attention, and i must admit i thought it was gonna be another urban rap song before listening. Also i've been hearing this played in a couple of clubs in Manchester and because i'm already familiar with the song, i've been getting quite a buzz hearing the song and seeing other peoples reaction to the track. It's also starting to climb its way up iTunes and Spotify in the UK so i'm hoping this takes off and becomes a genuine chart hit. :D LOL you can tell i don't live in America or Canada as i wasn't sure what In-N-Out was but a quick Google search tells me its basically a McDonalds rival. :lol:

Gosh yes especially last week. I was captivated by the Bloom video, and you know the impact is hard when a song achieves a new peak in my chart all thanks to a music video. <3

Well, what can i say? I'm shameless :lol: I love my cute guys delivering amazing pop music and epic music videos. 8-) LOL that Demi shade though. :lol: Although that's not as shady as this! :lol:

"i haven't heard of him"

"FOR HER AGE!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it wasn't until Youngblood topped the australian chart that i decided to check it out. I had been aware of the song when it was first released but at the time i had no real desire to give it a listen. :oops: I'm really impressed at how well this song is taking off, not just in Australia but even across europe it's starting to grow in popularity.

Finesse aside, i'm still not getting the whole Cardi B thing. :oops: In fact in this instance it was moreso the music video that helped get Maroon 5 into the top 20. I'd never even heard the original version so i actually thought this was a new single. :oops: The Cardi B feature is just a coincidence but it's already heading for the exit door in my new chart. I've even tried to enjoy I like it and whilst i do like the sample, i just can't get into the entire song and end up bored after the first minute or so. :(
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:33 pm

JakeP Top 20 (16th June 2018)

01 (01) Loud Luxury featuring brando - Body [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (NE) K-391 featuring Alan Walker, Julie Bergan & Seungri - Ignite [1 wk] [#2]
03 (03) Clean Bandit featuring Demi Lovato - Solo [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (02) Troye Sivan - Bloom [7 wks] [#2]
05 (05) George Ezra - Shotgun [4 wks] [#2]
06 (NE) Nicki Minaj featuring Ariana Grande - Bed [1 wk] [#6]
07 (04) Years & Years - If you’re over me [6 wks] [#4]
08 (NE) Lily Allen - Lost my mind [1 wk] [#8]
09 (06) Céline Dion - Ashes [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
10 (07) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [9 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
11 (19) Selena Gomez - Back to you [3 wks] [#11]
12 (16) 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood [3 wks] [#12]
13 (12) Christine And The Queens featuring Dâm-Funk - Damn, dis-moi [3 wks] [#9]
14 (NE) Troye Sivan featuring Ariana Grande - Dance to this [1 wk] [#14]
15 (14) Shawn Mendes featuring Khalid - Youth [7 wks] [#7]
16 (NE) Maruv & Boosin - Drunk groove [1 wk] [#16]
17 (08) Niall Horan & Maren Morris - Seeing blind [10 wks] [#2]
18 (NE) Sugarland featuring Taylor Swift - Babe [1 wk] [#18]
19 (15) Florence + The Machine - Hunger [7 wks] [#2]
20 (09) Eleni Foureira - Fuego [5 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)

The Hit Seeker

Kygo & Imagine Dragons - Born to be yours
JakeP
Manager

Postby Tansike » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:43 am

JakeP wrote:Yes indeed i was so mesmerised by the video for Bloom and loved every different look that Troye gave us. Aww really? I have loved both this track and My, my, my so much whilst Dance to this has left me a little bit underwhelmed although i do like it to a certain extent. I doubt it'll trouble the top end of my chart anytime soon, or indeed ever. :(

Troye has been having success in my chart since 2014. :P :lol: Happy little pill was his breakthrough single that got to #2 in my chart, then TALK ME DOWN also peaked at #2 in 2015. Plus other tracks that have made my chart too.

Solo may well have slipped down but i can see this stabilising nicely as i'm still loving the song. Even more excitedly i think Clean Bandit are in a strong position to get the UK #1 single next week as well. :D

Ariana has enjoyed scoring a big hit and an endearing one at that. Its chart run is pretty cool although it pure luck that its ended up going 01-01-04-04-07-07-07-07 in its first eight weeks! :lol: Plus i'm still enjoying No tears left to cry so potentially another week inside the top 10. :P

LOL is my chart so predictable? Of course it is! :lol: Yes, they all benefitted from music video releases. Niall & Maren could've re-entered even higher had it been an official music video. As much as i adore their acoustic performance video, it still lacks that bit of energy that carries throughout the album version. In Australia, they're saying Seeing blind is the new single but i think Niall's record label should release a new single version like they did with On the loose which would make it official.

Back to you has had quite a slow burning impact on my chart. I have slowly got into the song more which helped Selena enter at #20. It looked like Selena was going to drop out again but the music video came along and was the reason why the song ended up achieving a new peak - albeit up to #19. :P But it brought the song back to my attention and i'm enjoying the song more now, so Back to you is looking set for another climb in my next chart. :D
Ah well, I also enjoyed “My My My” quite a lot but got over it rather quick. “Dance To This” made me excited for the album again and I’m quite sure there’ll be some growers for me, so maybe “Bloom” will make a stronger impression on me once the whole thing comes out.
Oh damn. How did I forget about that? Now that you mentioned it I remember seeing “Happy Little Pill” so high on your charts, and from what I remember it was even the reason why I finally checked it out! :o

Great news for “Solo”! It’s amazing how Clean Bandit released so many awesome songs lately. Also fingers crossed for that UK #1 next week, as Jess got it this week.

Haha, I’m loving that chartrun for “No Tears Left To Cry” :lol: She definitely released a big highlight of the year and I’m quite sure it will end up pretty high on some year-end lists.

Well, a video effect was the thing which made the most sense to me when I saw these entries… ah so it’s at least a new single in a country, that’s a start I guess :lol: Let’s hope they make it official everywhere, as this deserves a proper treatment, even though I think it would do absolutely nothing on the charts now.

Some other good news there! Glad to hear “Back To You” grew on you, and it seems like many people feel similar as the song keeps on climbing up the charts everywhere. This turns out to be yet another successful song for Selena, which makes me so happy <3

JakeP wrote:JakeP Top 20 (16th June 2018)

08 (NE) Lily Allen - Lost my mind [1 wk] [#8]
19 (15) Florence + The Machine - Hunger [7 wks] [#2]

The Hit Seeker
Kygo & Imagine Dragons - Born to be yours
Fantastic debut for “Bed”! The track is actually much better than expected, I’m loving it! It’s actually the direction I wanted them to go, something pop yet still R&B and slow. Hope this works as a chart hit, as Nicki finally deserves a nice hit as a lead artist again. Overall I have to say I’m very excited for her upcoming album “Queen”. The visuals, the music, the album cover (!!), lots of things were quite on point and I even pre-ordered tickets for her tour in 2019 :oops:

Lily’s one is so-so for me. It’s nice but soooo much weaker than her earlier stuff. “Sheezus” already had its problems to really get me and now it looks like “No Shame” will do even worse for me. Have you decided to check out the full album or did you just listen to the track following the video release?

Love that jump for “Back To You”! :wink: Also finally heard “Youngblood” and I’m impressed – never did I imagined them to release such a strong track! :o It also looks like they actually get another big hit, which is well deserved of course, but who would have thought they’d come back like that?

Aw. “Dance To This” didn’t debut as high as I expected. So this really didn’t connect with you. So fingers crossed this may be a grower for you.

Excited to see where "Born To Be Yours" will arrive next week. Plus i hope you decide to check out Bebe Rexha's new single "I'm A Mess" as well :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:00 pm

JakeP wrote:Aww multi coloured rainbow kisses. <3 You will always have my consent. :wink:
OoOoh...so we don't even have to bother with a "safe word"? :D ;)

JakeP wrote:We have so much in common. :P Yes, i much prefer the more sweeter and palatable fruity flavours anytime. LOL i'm definitely not, i really don't do whiskey. Just a small sip and i feel like my throat has burnt out. :x :lol:
The only moderately-enjoyable whiskey that comes to mind is Jim Beam's "Red Stag," which has a slight cherry flavor to it (again, combating the grossness/harshness of the alcohol with some fruitiness) :lol: Across all major varieties of alcohol, tequila is the probably the worst/hardest for me to swallow (literally). :x

JakeP wrote:Of course i am! :P I know what i love. :lol: :wink: There's nothing wrong with experimenting, and sometimes this can be a wonderful thing. I just don't find Bibia be ye ye particularly interesting. :oops: I can't even remember how two of those songs go as i've not played them since the album release 18 months ago. I know How would you feel (paean) was a single which just about scraped into my chart before disappearing never to be seen again, so at least it had some impact on me at the time.
Ha, same, and that's partially why I mentioned them :lol: Well, I can vaguely recall the (underwhelming) chorus of "Hearts Don't Break Around Here," but I couldn't sing a single line of "Save Myself" if someone asked me to right now.

JakeP wrote:LOL i had an incline Jess would get to #1 because she was leading the pack on iTunes, and for once it seems like it was iTunes that was the deciding factor, rather than just Spotify dictating everything. :lol: This week i'm predicting Clean Bandit for #1 honours as Solo is now #1 on iTunes and is higher on Spotify than Jess Glynne but also their main competition from both George Ezra and Tom Walker. It's so refreshing to have no urban rap songs in contention for a change. Hooray for genre diversity! :lol: :P Ohh! :o I had no idea Post Malone was now #1 in America. Last i checked it was Childish Gambino but then the US charts don't interest me that much.
:o So download sales actually made a significant difference in Jess's victory? That's really refreshing - feels like a blast from the past :lol: If George is still in the running, I certainly wouldn't mind a No. 1 progression of "I'll Be There" -> "Solo" -> "Shotgun" over the coming weeks.

Yeah, sadly, "This Is America"s reign was short-lived even here in America :( After just two weeks for "This Is America," "Nice For What" retuned to No. 1, then "Psycho" rose up for a week, and now "Nice For What" has rebounded to No. 1 for the third time. **Sigh**

JakeP wrote:It sure is, canal street is like the definitive gay district of Manchester. <3 LOL exactly, and considering most of the others will have beer or wine, i know deep down that i'm having the sensible option. :P Plus i find it i did have an alcoholic drink, it'd relax me more so i wouldn't be as motivated to crack on with my job in the afternoons. :lol:

Yes i thought that too when i saw the line up. Sigala is a great choice too as i love his unashamed pure pop/dance music that i always have a soft spot for. <3 Haha i wouldn't have the guts to do that. Although my friend from work who is so flamboyant and extravert probably would. :lol:
Exactly! It'd just leave me too buzzed (or drunk) to be properly productive...or put me to sleep. :lol:

Ha, this work friend sounds like the PERFECT person to attend Pride with (the "life of the party" type). Has he stripped down at previous Prides? ;)

JakeP wrote:Blossoming indeed. :P I'd love to see more young openly gay male singers embracing their inner diva and being so comfortable with their sexuality. The music video effect for Bloom last week was a big one.
YES! Not only being candid about their sexuality, but also shattering the stereotypes/expectations for how a male pop star is supposed to look and act in order to be successful! Love it! <3

JakeP wrote:As you can see it takes a mighty beast of a song to get more than 4 weeks at #1 in my chart. :D
It really does, if only nine have managed it after all these years! So although "Hello" bested "Rather Be" by one week, Clean Bandit still have two of the Top 5 longest-lasting No. 1's. Actually, they're the only act to appear more than once in that whole group of nine! Thanks for compiling that list for me. :D

JakeP wrote:Aww a nice little discovery for you. <3 There are a number of factors that have led to Body becoming my latest chart topper. Firstly i came across this song when i was looking for songs i could enter the FSC in the games forum. This just happened to be #1 on Canada's iTunes chart which caught my attention, and i must admit i thought it was gonna be another urban rap song before listening. Also i've been hearing this played in a couple of clubs in Manchester and because i'm already familiar with the song, i've been getting quite a buzz hearing the song and seeing other peoples reaction to the track. It's also starting to climb its way up iTunes and Spotify in the UK so i'm hoping this takes off and becomes a genuine chart hit. :D LOL you can tell i don't live in America or Canada as i wasn't sure what In-N-Out was but a quick Google search tells me its basically a McDonalds rival. :lol:
Ah, so it's doing quite well in Canada right now! Looks like it's No. 5 on Billboard's Canadian Hot 100 :o Hopefully it'll catch on here in the States too! Speaking of catching on, it'll definitely appear on my next chart, so thanks again for introducing me to it!

JakeP wrote:Well, what can i say? I'm shameless :lol: I love my cute guys delivering amazing pop music and epic music videos. 8-) LOL that Demi shade though. :lol: Although that's not as shady as this! :lol:

"i haven't heard of him"

"FOR HER AGE!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:o Kids are VICIOUS :lol: Her shade inspired me to actually look this up, and Demi's less than a year older than Ari (born August 1992 VS June 1993). I guess that kid's reaction/attitude just shows how much longer Demi's been in the limelight. I didn't realize that it's already been nearly 10 years since Demi's first album dropped (compared to less than five years since Ari's Yours Truly). Ha, here I am being all "JESUS, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, RANDOM LITTLE GIRL!" :oops:

JakeP wrote:Finesse aside, i'm still not getting the whole Cardi B thing. :oops: In fact in this instance it was moreso the music video that helped get Maroon 5 into the top 20. I'd never even heard the original version so i actually thought this was a new single. :oops: The Cardi B feature is just a coincidence but it's already heading for the exit door in my new chart. I've even tried to enjoy I like it and whilst i do like the sample, i just can't get into the entire song and end up bored after the first minute or so. :(
You're not the first person I've heard say that :lol: "Wait" didn't do much (especially in the UK :o apparently it only managed No. 79 there), and even "What Lovers Do" wasn't exactly massive (as it should've been) ;) so it does feel like it's been a while since M5's last single.

The power of Cardi is serious stuff right now, for sure. A part of me wants to root for her, since she has the whole underdog/"American Dream" story of enduring serious struggles and working/fighting her way up to achieve massive success...but most of her material doesn't actually do much for me.

JakeP wrote:01 (01) Loud Luxury featuring brando - Body [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (NE) K-391 featuring Alan Walker, Julie Bergan & Seungri - Ignite [1 wk] [#2]
05 (05) George Ezra - Shotgun [4 wks] [#2]
13 (12) Christine And The Queens featuring Dâm-Funk - Damn, dis-moi [3 wks] [#9]
18 (NE) Sugarland featuring Taylor Swift - Babe [1 wk] [#18]
• Looks like you're still feelin Loud's "Body." 8-)
• I don't want to jinx it, but "Back To You" climbing all the way to No. 11 is really raising my hopes for a potential Top 10 peak. **Fingers crossed**
• Although I love Troye, and REALLY love Ari, it's kind of a relief to see that you're also underwhelmed by "Dance To This" :oops: The song's not a terrible, shocking mis-step or anything, but it really doesn't make the same impact as "My My My!" or "Bloom"...at all. I wasn't expected something so...subdued/restrained/kind of dull, after he just delivered a couple of much more euphoric, poppy, energizing singles. Props for the diversity, I guess?
• Really pleasantly surprised that "Babe" has made its debut :o Video effect?

Yet another well-built chart, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:46 am

Tansike wrote:Ah well, I also enjoyed “My My My” quite a lot but got over it rather quick. “Dance To This” made me excited for the album again and I’m quite sure there’ll be some growers for me, so maybe “Bloom” will make a stronger impression on me once the whole thing comes out.
Oh damn. How did I forget about that? Now that you mentioned it I remember seeing “Happy Little Pill” so high on your charts, and from what I remember it was even the reason why I finally checked it out! :o

Great news for “Solo”! It’s amazing how Clean Bandit released so many awesome songs lately. Also fingers crossed for that UK #1 next week, as Jess got it this week.

Haha, I’m loving that chartrun for “No Tears Left To Cry” :lol: She definitely released a big highlight of the year and I’m quite sure it will end up pretty high on some year-end lists.

Well, a video effect was the thing which made the most sense to me when I saw these entries… ah so it’s at least a new single in a country, that’s a start I guess :lol: Let’s hope they make it official everywhere, as this deserves a proper treatment, even though I think it would do absolutely nothing on the charts now.

Some other good news there! Glad to hear “Back To You” grew on you, and it seems like many people feel similar as the song keeps on climbing up the charts everywhere. This turns out to be yet another successful song for Selena, which makes me so happy <3

Fantastic debut for “Bed”! The track is actually much better than expected, I’m loving it! It’s actually the direction I wanted them to go, something pop yet still R&B and slow. Hope this works as a chart hit, as Nicki finally deserves a nice hit as a lead artist again. Overall I have to say I’m very excited for her upcoming album “Queen”. The visuals, the music, the album cover (!!), lots of things were quite on point and I even pre-ordered tickets for her tour in 2019 :oops:

Lily’s one is so-so for me. It’s nice but soooo much weaker than her earlier stuff. “Sheezus” already had its problems to really get me and now it looks like “No Shame” will do even worse for me. Have you decided to check out the full album or did you just listen to the track following the video release?

Love that jump for “Back To You”! :wink: Also finally heard “Youngblood” and I’m impressed – never did I imagined them to release such a strong track! :o It also looks like they actually get another big hit, which is well deserved of course, but who would have thought they’d come back like that?

Aw. “Dance To This” didn’t debut as high as I expected. So this really didn’t connect with you. So fingers crossed this may be a grower for you.

Excited to see where "Born To Be Yours" will arrive next week. Plus i hope you decide to check out Bebe Rexha's new single "I'm A Mess" as well :oops:
Thanks Tansike :D

My, my, my was so instant i loved it on first listen and it remained amongst my absolute favourite songs for a good month or so. Whereas Dance to this really doesn't sell the album by comparison. It's nice enough just a little "dull" :oops: and i'm here for bops and sing-a-long choruses, not dull. :( The music video for Bloom is up there alongside the likes of Ashes and No more tears to cry as some of faves of the year so far. I'm surprised that Troye never had any chart entries for you from 2014 or 2015. I was very much a fan early on in Troye's career which is why i'm loving seeing Troye at his most comfortable sexuality wise. <3

YAY! Clean Bandit did it. Solo is officially the new UK #1 and i'm so thrilled. It is now quite comfortably my favourite UK #1 of the year so far.

No tears left to cry has enjoyed tremendous longevity inside my top 10. I adore the song so much, i'm still saddened that it couldn't sneak at least one week at #1 in the UK. Hopefully Sweetner will give Ariana that #1 album. :D

Sadly i think you're right about Seeing blind. Niall tends to benefit hugely when he performs on tv shows, or live tv events. But i do think Niall is very wise and savvy. He knows exactly which markets he's had the biggest impact in (America, Australia and obviously Ireland :P ) and is focusing his attentions on the countries where he's enjoyed the most success.

Back to you has grown on me so much over the last couple of weeks leading to its rapid climb but narrowly missing out on the top 10. Selena has had remarkable success in these last couple of years. I'd even say she's more successful now than she was five years ago. That's really good going and it shows just how much progression Selena had made as a singer.

Bed did incredibly well to enter at #6 after 36 of the songs release. Granted other songs in the past have charted higher in less time but it's still an amazing achievement. Plus it bodes well for my new chart as Bed is definitely going to be high up the chart. But with much new music i've listened to all week, it's gonna make compiling the new chart all the more interesting as i don't think there's an obvious #1 coming. :o It really is quite wide open which is a shame because that means my #2 or #3 could've been #1 had the competition been less. Ohh cool when is the concert taking place in 2019? :D

Lily Allen is likely to suffer the same fate she did with Trigger bang. After charting fairly high in my chart, that single dropped out of my chart. Lose my mind is looking set to do the same. I haven't checked out the album as yet, and only paid attention to the track pretty much because of the music video.

5 Seconds Of Summer have truly defied all expectations. When they started out in 2014 i couldn't help but regard them as a fad that would fizzle out quite fast, never to be heard of again by 2016. Yet here we are in 2018 and they're scoring their biggest hit of their career. Massive kudos to the guys.

Hmm i like Dance to this but it just fails to connect with me in the same way My, my, my and Bloom did. It also had 3 days to make its impact so i suppose #14 could be regarded as an underperformance by Troye's standards. When i read about Troye & Ariana releasing a song together, i was expecting something big, ballsy and anthemic...but they brought "ok" instead. I must admit, i expected much better. :(

Kygo & Imagine Dragons are looking set for a big new entry. It's just that they're up against a number of other new entries all battling for chart supremacy so it's left to be seen who comes out on top. :wink: As i posted in your chart thread, Bebe Rexha isn't a contender. Maybe a future hit if it grows on me more, but nothing for the time being.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Hello Paul :D

phoenix98 wrote:OoOoh...so we don't even have to bother with a "safe word"? :D ;)
LOL can kin d of "save word" were you thinking of? :lol: :P

phoenix98 wrote:The only moderately-enjoyable whiskey that comes to mind is Jim Beam's "Red Stag," which has a slight cherry flavor to it (again, combating the grossness/harshness of the alcohol with some fruitiness) :lol: Across all major varieties of alcohol, tequila is the probably the worst/hardest for me to swallow (literally). :x
I've never heard of Red Stag although the idea of a cherry flavoured whiskey doesn't sound too bad. LOL again i've never had tequila either. I don't do shots either, i just avoid them at all costs. :oops: I've tried scotch whiskey but i'm not a fan. Even Jack Daniels whiskey which tends to be popular in the UK is another i personally am not a fan if. LOL tequila; spit or swallow? :wink: :P

phoenix98 wrote: :o So download sales actually made a significant difference in Jess's victory? That's really refreshing - feels like a blast from the past :lol: If George is still in the running, I certainly wouldn't mind a No. 1 progression of "I'll Be There" -> "Solo" -> "Shotgun" over the coming weeks.
Yes, that's why these charts tend to interest me the most compared to when Spotify's streaming chart is basically the UK chart. :roll: It's a shame that charts have changed so much in the last couple of years. When i was young the charts were so exciting to follow and they genuinely seemed to mean something.

Funny you say that about I'll be there, Solo, Shotgun because that could well happen now. :o Amazingly, this weeks UK top 2 mirrors my own top 2 from a couple of weeks back when Clean Bandit & George Ezra held the top 2 positions. <3 I doubt that's ever happened before, or maybe only a small number of instances.

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, sadly, "This Is America"s reign was short-lived even here in America :( After just two weeks for "This Is America," "Nice For What" retuned to No. 1, then "Psycho" rose up for a week, and now "Nice For What" has rebounded to No. 1 for the third time. **Sigh**
America need to get their act together and start embracing pop music (or dance, rock, opera, motown) just anything for a refreshing change. Sadly i can't see that happening anytime soon. I dread to imagine what the US chart is gonna look like after Drake releases his new album next Friday. :x

phoenix98 wrote:Exactly! It'd just leave me too buzzed (or drunk) to be properly productive...or put me to sleep. :lol:

Ha, this work friend sounds like the PERFECT person to attend Pride with (the "life of the party" type). Has he stripped down at previous Prides? ;)
Haha not that i'm aware of, but at previous pride events i've been to over the years there are always guys who love to show a bit of flesh. If you got it, flaunt it. :wink: The thing with me is that i'm fairly shy even when i go to these events so i don't really have the courage to go shirtless. I don't mind just wearing a pair of shorts if i'm chilling with a few friends in the back garden when the sun is out (although i tend to sit in the shade, i don't tan particularly well :lol: ) but in the middle of Manchester, no chance. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:YES! Not only being candid about their sexuality, but also shattering the stereotypes/expectations for how a male pop star is supposed to look and act in order to be successful! Love it! <3
I read an interview with Olly Alexander earlier in the week and i just sighed. Years & Years played at the Capital fm concert the other week and Olly was getting criticised for being so overtly sexual on stage. It just baffles me why Olly would be getting criticised for this. I'm sure that this was almost normal in the 80s when that decade seemed so much more open minded even if homophobia was more rife back then. It just saddens me there is always going to be a majority of straight 40+ year old people who condemn this. I agreed with Olly's comments when he said "children need to see an openly gay person who is comfortable with their sexuality". Sadly it goes in circles and nothing ever progresses. :cry: Even today there are probably young boys and girls too scared to come out publicly because they're scared of what the parents and family will say. *sigh*

phoenix98 wrote:It really does, if only nine have managed it after all these years! So although "Hello" bested "Rather Be" by one week, Clean Bandit still have two of the Top 5 longest-lasting No. 1's. Actually, they're the only act to appear more than once in that whole group of nine! Thanks for compiling that list for me. :D
Although to be fair i'd even say all my three week chart toppers are just as worthy, its just that i have had plenty more songs with 3 weeks at #1 than i have 4+. The power of Clean Bandit. <3 It's not surprising though as they continued crash amazing brash unashamed pop music. If more acts created amazing pop music, they would also enjoy similar success in my chart.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, so it's doing quite well in Canada right now! Looks like it's No. 5 on Billboard's Canadian Hot 100 :o Hopefully it'll catch on here in the States too! Speaking of catching on, it'll definitely appear on my next chart, so thanks again for introducing me to it!
Body has started doing well on Spotify in Canada in recent weeks which helped contribute towards its #5 chart position. I'd love to see the song catch on as its definitely getting heard as it remains stable on iTunes and Spotify in the UK - but borderline top 100 region. If radio stations and music channels started playing the song to raise its public profile, i'm sure Body would eventually climb its way into the top 40 at least. Sadly most music channels and radio stations are like sheep, they just follow what every other station is playing. So much for variety! :roll: :evil:

phoenix98 wrote: :o Kids are VICIOUS :lol: Her shade inspired me to actually look this up, and Demi's less than a year older than Ari (born August 1992 VS June 1993). I guess that kid's reaction/attitude just shows how much longer Demi's been in the limelight. I didn't realize that it's already been nearly 10 years since Demi's first album dropped (compared to less than five years since Ari's Yours Truly). Ha, here I am being all "JESUS, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, RANDOM LITTLE GIRL!" :oops:
LOL! :lol: I thought it was so funny but then again that news reported couldn't even pronounce Demi Lovato properly. Or at least in my head it sounded like he said "Dimmy Lovardo" and i also haven't heard of him. :lol: But gosh at that other girl saying "for her age". Do these young kids really think Ariana is still 16 or something just because she has a higher pitched voice? :lol: Kids aren't vicious, they're just stupid. :P :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:You're not the first person I've heard say that :lol: "Wait" didn't do much (especially in the UK :o apparently it only managed No. 79 there), and even "What Lovers Do" wasn't exactly massive (as it should've been) ;) so it does feel like it's been a while since M5's last single.
Maroon 5 are one of those acts where i checked out their singles but i have very little interest in their albums. I liked What lovers do a lot whereas Girls like you is just ok for me. I thought What lovers do was relatively successful, not quite Moves like Jagger levels of world domination but still a hit in most countries.

phoenix98 wrote:• Looks like you're still feelin Loud's "Body." 8-)
• I don't want to jinx it, but "Back To You" climbing all the way to No. 11 is really raising my hopes for a potential Top 10 peak. **Fingers crossed**
• Although I love Troye, and REALLY love Ari, it's kind of a relief to see that you're also underwhelmed by "Dance To This" :oops: The song's not a terrible, shocking mis-step or anything, but it really doesn't make the same impact as "My My My!" or "Bloom"...at all. I wasn't expected something so...subdued/restrained/kind of dull, after he just delivered a couple of much more euphoric, poppy, energizing singles. Props for the diversity, I guess?
• Really pleasantly surprised that "Babe" has made its debut :o Video effect?

Yet another well-built chart, Jake! :D
Indeed Loud Luxury managed to cling onto #1 preventing K-391 and company from taking over at the top.

I really wanted to love whatever song Troye & Ariana were releasing, so i was disappointed in the long run. Whilst i liked Dance for this on first listen it just lacked that certain "je ne sais quoi" to really lift the song to immense levels of brilliance. With two of my favourite singers combined, it was a case of me wanting an amazing song rather than merely expecting one. That's why this ended up becoming so subpar for me. :(

Yes, that music video effect strikes again. I even checked out the song after it entered high up your chart a few weeks back but it didn't really click. I suppose having visuals alongside the song is like a complete package and it can make more sense than just hearing the audio track.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:25 pm

JakeP Top 20 (23rd June 2018)

01 (NE) Florence + The Machine - Big god [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (01) Loud Luxury featuring brando - Body [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
03 (NE) Martin Garrix featuring Khalid - Ocean [1 wk] [#3]
04 (06) Nicki Minaj featuring Ariana Grande - Bed [2 wks] [#4]
05 (NE) Kygo & Imagine Dragons - Born to be yours [1 wk] [#5]
06 (NE) Ariana Grande featuring Nicki Minaj - The light is coming [1 wk] [#6]
07 (03) Clean Bandit featuring Demi Lovato - Solo [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
08 (05) George Ezra - Shotgun [5 wks] [#2]
09 (02) K-391 featuring Alan Walker, Julie Bergan & Seungri - Ignite [2 wks] [#2]
10 (04) Troye Sivan - Bloom [8 wks] [#2]
11 (07) Years & Years - If you’re over me [7 wks] [#4]
12 (09) Céline Dion - Ashes [8 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
13 (10) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [10 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
14 (12) 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood [4 wks] [#12]
15 (NE) Demi Lovato - Sober [1 wk] [#15]
16 (16) Maruv & Boosin - Drunk groove [2 wks] [#16]
17 (11) Selena Gomez - Back to you [4 wks] [#11]
18 (NE) Evanescence featuring Lindsey Stirling - Hi-lo [1 wk] [#18]
19 (13) Christine And The Queens featuring Dâm-Funk - Damn, dis-moi [4 wks] [#9]
20 (NE) The Carters - Apeshit [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Cheat Codes & Little Mix - Only you
JakeP
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Ohhh such a low debut for Bey and company :lol: - I guess you are about as impressed as Akini :)

So nice to see Martin at #3. And Ari and Onika almost doubling up in the top five.
cheapthrills
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts