JakeP Top 20

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby heppolo » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:42 pm

JakeP wrote:How come you dismissed the song? :P When i saw Freya climbing up iTunes about a month or so ago, i had no idea who she was or why the song was doing well. I never watched Love island which i believe is the reason why this song started to gain a lot of attention after its use in the show..:
It was my mistake, I thought Freya was a different artist initially,
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:30 pm

JakeP wrote:Haha well i'd rather become giddy than become bad tempered as i've seen other guys becoming more aggressive the more they drink, and tbh i just try and avoid guys like them. They know how to suck the life out of the party. LOL oh dear that could also be seen as a double entendre. :lol: :oops:

I just have no interest in that sort of thing. There's one girl who i know from my school days who loves taking selfies but omg every one looks exactly the same. The pose, the angle of the phone, the pout, it's like where's the variety? :lol: I've seen a couple of guys from over the years at work who literally sat at their desks and randomly took a photo of their cup of coffee, or their writing pad and pen, just to post it on their Facebook or Twitter page with a caption like "ready to go", and i'm like "really?". :-? :P
:o :lol: Is using that phrasing your way of confessing that you actually want to get on your knees for those kinds of guys? ;) Kidding aside - I totally agree. Starting stupid fights completely spoils the tone of a fun night out, and forces their friends to play referee/babysitter instead of enjoying themselves.

There's some genuinely funny/clever posts/Tweets out there, but the stuff you've mentioned just sounds like they were posting literally ANYTHING simply for the sake of posting.

JakeP wrote:He was an only child but i always remember the way he talked about his parents, i could tell that there was a sense of resentment towards them. I never met them and he never seemed interested in visiting them whilst we were at college. All i know is that his relationship with his dad was particularly tough. :( But i tended to avoid bringing up those subjects when we were together, we were too busy enjoying each others "company". :wink:
Damn, that's a bummer, and an all-too-common story in our community (assuming his sexuality was a factor in their strained relationships, especially with his dad). Ha, it was probably for the best that you didn't bring it up too often whilst you were snogging, though :lol: ”Damn, you’re HUNG, babe! OK, now let’s talk about how you can mend your relationship with your father...”

JakeP wrote:It's somewhere! :lol: Probably collecting dust in the attic with other home videos. I used to love using the old camcorder and just film silly things with my mates.
Did you ever film anything with that one mate mentioned above...? ;)

JakeP wrote:Touché :P If i ever find them and then find the courage to post them i will let you know. :lol:
Set your inner Olly/Troye/etc. free!

JakeP wrote:Drew is sexual but sometimes a cute guy has to draw the line. His vocals just don't do anything for me, they're just so monotone and dull. :lol:
Ha, fair enough :lol: There's no denying his range is a tad lacking...

JakeP wrote:LOL i'm loving it. :P I'm so happy that Body has become such a successful chart hit and equally impressive to see Loud Luxury doing well in the UK with their first major single. I'd so be happy if Body could sneak into the top 5 tomorrow. :D
Success! **pops champagne...or maybe just some soda**

JakeP wrote:01 (02) Ariana Grande - God is a woman [7 wks] [#1] (5 wks @ #1)
02 (NE) Ariana Grande - breathin [1 wk] [#2]
03 (01) Freya Ridings - Lost without you [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (NE) Janet Jackson & Daddy Yankee - Made for now [1 wk] [#4]
05 (NE) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises [1 wk] [#5]
07 (NE) Ariana Grande - everytime [1 wk] [#7]
08 (NE) LP - Girls go wild [1 wk] [#8]
09 (05) benny blanco, Halsey & Khalid - Eastside [3 wks] [#5]
10 (04) The Chainsmokers featuring Emily Warren - Side effects [4 wks] [#3]
11 (19) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [19 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
12 (NE) Nicki Minaj - Ganja burn [1 wk] [#12]
13 (NE) Jess Glynne - All i am [1 wk] [#13]
14 (10) Loud Luxury featuring brando - Body [12 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
15 (08) Billie Eilish & Khalid - lovely [8 wks] [#2]
16 (06) Jonas Blue featuring Jack & Jack - Rise [7 wks] [#4]
17 (NE) The 1975 - TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME [1 wk] [#17]
18 (07) Troye Sivan - Animal [3 wks] [#4]
20 (RE) Kylie Minogue - A lifetime to repair [2 wks] [#14]
• GIAW is in some VERY elite company now!

1. Adele - Hello (7 weeks)
2. Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne - Rather be (6 weeks)
3. Ellie Goulding - Love me like you do (5 weeks)
4. Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson - Symphony (5 weeks)
5. Rita Ora - Anywhere (5 weeks)
6. Ariana Grande - God is a woman (5 weeks)

Might it join "Rather Be" in the runner-up spot on that list, or perhaps even match "Hello"s all-time-record...? There's more reasons than ever to stay tuned!

• It's awesome debut/re-entry overload this week! In the context of Janet's whole legendary catalog, "Made For Now" does pale in comparison somewhat, but it's still a pretty catchy, uplifting tune.
• Speaking of catchy, those whistle/"wooh-oooh-oOoOoh" parts of "Girls Go Wild" really fit the bill!
• I kind of forgot about/over-looked "All I Am" last week, thanks to Sweetener being out and a couple other singles stealing my attention (like "Made For Now" and "TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME") - but I'm really liking it! It'll probably end up bigger than "I'll Be There" on my chart.
• I only know a few songs from The 1975, but "TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME" sounds nothing like what I've heard before! The video perfectly captures me everytime I play the song :lol: I've seen some cute shots of Matty before, but DAMN would I have loved to be one of those people he approaches from behind there :oops: That clip has me smiling so much my face hurts!
• I definitely don't like how the single edit of "A Lifetime To Repair" cuts some of the super-catchy "repa-a-a-a-a-air" part of the chorus and replaces it with a random, jarring instrumental hoedown break. :-?

Yet another hallowed chart, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:29 am

Your top 2 is divine! <3 "Everytime" is among my top tracks on Sweetener, too! :D And yay at Janet debuting in the top 5!

01 (02) Ariana Grande - God is a woman [7 wks] [#1] (5 wks @ #1)
02 (NE) Ariana Grande - breathin [1 wk] [#2]
03 (01) Freya Ridings - Lost without you [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (NE) Janet Jackson & Daddy Yankee - Made for now [1 wk] [#4]
07 (NE) Ariana Grande - everytime [1 wk] [#7]
08 (NE) LP - Girls go wild [1 wk] [#8]
11 (19) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [19 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
12 (NE) Nicki Minaj - Ganja burn [1 wk] [#12]
13 (NE) Jess Glynne - All i am [1 wk] [#13]
15 (08) Billie Eilish & Khalid - lovely [8 wks] [#2]
18 (07) Troye Sivan - Animal [3 wks] [#4]
20 (RE) Kylie Minogue - A lifetime to repair [2 wks] [#14]

JakeP wrote:Hi Akini :D

Aww, i think its gorgeous but i have to say the version i keep listening to is this version.
Ah, thanks for sharing. This new version is definitely good!

JakeP wrote:I say a little prayer felt like the most apt song choice as my tribute to Aretha Franklin at the weekend. I really wanted Aretha to pull through after last weeks news so when i found out she died whilst at work, i was a little upset. :cry:
She lived a full 76 years, though, so I take heart in that fact!
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:42 pm

Tansike wrote:Hey Jake :)

How are you?

Even though it left the charts already a while ago, i still wanted to say i'm very happy to see how "First Light" managed to stay on your Top20 for four weeks, so a whole month <3

Also, i missed to comment on a song which is definitely one of the finest pop moments of 2018 so far - at least for me - and that's Bebe Rexha's "I'm A Mess". Very happy that it made your charts for a week. I wondered how Bebe did on your charts in the past and searching through the topic i found that this was actually the very first time she appeared in the Top20 on her own, so yay for that. Did "I Got You" never get your attention?
Hey Tansike :D

I'm doing well thanks. How was your holiday as i remember you saying you were going to visit your boyfriend's parents. How did that go? I'm sure you would've been just as lovely and charming as you are here on UK Mix. <3

First light was definitely a song that caught my attention when i first listened to it. It also became Lindsey's longest running single in my chart so its a step in the right direction. Let's see if a future single can better that. :wink:

Bebe Rexha managed to crack my top 20 thanks to the release of the music video to I'm a mess. Actually this would be Bebe's third single as lead artist following No broken hearts and Meant to be although her biggest success remains In the name of love. I was always a bit lukewarm towards I got you and never really loved that song, and even when the video was released it still didn't make much impression on me to dent my top 20. I do think Bebe has released better songs but they tend to be features. :oops:

Tansike wrote:Amazing number one, obviously <3
I love how Ariana is slaying the charts this week. “God Is A Woman” topping the charts for five weeks now is really impressive and I’m so happy the song started to pick up again everywhere due to the album release.
“Breathin” is such an obvious single choice and it’s well deserved to see it arriving at #2 on your charts. I really, really hope they will also release it so it could become another smash for Ariana.
Impressive run for NTLTC. It looks like we could end up with the same YEC #1 again if she continues to slay our charts like that :oops:
God is a woman is amazing, it was so close between both Ariana songs but the MTV video music award 2018 performance was what gave the song enough of a boost to reclaim my #1 spot with breathin just marginally behind. :o

By returning to #1, Ariana joins a very elite group of songs that have spent 5 weeks minimum at #1 so regardless of my opinion of Sweetener, the singles are still working their magic. <3

I have a gut feeling breathin isn't going to be chosen as the next single even though its by far the best of the album discoveries. I suspect the third official single will be one of the Pharrell produced songs but i find them so underwhelming and disappointing compared to the Max Martin and Ilya tracks. :(

No tears left to cry is now the longest running singles of the year with 19 weeks in the top 20, ahead of Kylie's Dancing which lasted 17 weeks but had a significantly bigger boost following the album release. So the two kinda outweigh each other, it'll be close between these two in my year end chart. :P :wink:

Tansike wrote:Didn’t expect to see such a strong entry for “Promises”, but I like both artists so that’s nice to see. However, I have to admit that the song is a little disappointing to me considering they both released so many strong tunes over the last few years. Here’s hope this may grow on me though.
Promises grew on me throughout the week as had i done my own midweek chart, it would've been lower than the top 10. I actually think Sam Smith sounds good on this track so i'm impressed at how good Sam sounds. Sometimes his nasal falsetto really irritates me. :oops: Calvin had admittedly released better songs over the years but yet i'm still finding Promises quite endearing.

Tansike wrote:Similar situation with LP, sadly. “Girls Go Wild” does pretty much nothing for me :( And I absolutely loved her last album, it contained so many amazing tunes. I’m actually shocked she’s coming back with a song like that. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not bad, but it kinda goes nowhere. Will be interesting to see how she’ll perform in the upcoming weeks on your charts…
On the flip side, LP actually started the week ahead of Calvin but slipped throughout the week and i initially thought top 5 would be an easy target for LP to debut. Sadly it wan't to be and i think it'll take something magnificent to even match the heights of Lost on you. That said, i do like Girls gone wild but i don't see becoming a long running chart hit for me, and its already set to drop out of the top 10 in my new chart although it will remain inside the top 20. :wink:

Tansike wrote:Great debut for Nicki’s “Ganja Burn” and nice to see Jess Glynne’s new single there too.
Ahh yes i mentioned in your chart thread that the music video gave Ganja burn enough of a boost to debut at #12 and the song has grown on me a bit more so is likely to hold up well for a second week. The new Jess Glynne single is cute but imo its not at the same level as her singles from 2015 or her Clean Bandit collaborations.

Tansike wrote:On a side note: I haven't heard of Freya Ridings yet but she seems to be doing well on some personal charts, so i definitely check the song out later today :wink:
edit: I heard it and already added it to my library. It's on my 'possible new entries' list now and may enter my charts next week (not this one, as it's already too late). It's a very nice song and her voice reminds me of someone else so much, but i can't figure out who... maybe i'll figure it out when i listen to it a few more times :)
Ohh nice, i'm happy to see that you've made a discovery with Freya Ridings. It's such a hauntingly beautiful piano ballad and i feel like the charts lack genuine love songs like these so it was a pleasant surprise to see that Lost without you made the top 40. I'm now hoping this continues to climb up and achieve a respectable peak in the long run. <3

For me, Freya's deeper vocal tone is reminiscent of Hannah Reid, lead singer of London Grammar, which was partly one of the reasons i was drawn towards the song when i first checked it out.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:43 pm

heppolo wrote:It was my mistake, I thought Freya was a different artist initially,
Ohh interesting. Which Freya were you thinking of? :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:22 pm

phoenix98 wrote: :o :lol: Is using that phrasing your way of confessing that you actually want to get on your knees for those kinds of guys? ;) Kidding aside - I totally agree. Starting stupid fights completely spoils the tone of a fun night out, and forces their friends to play referee/babysitter instead of enjoying themselves.
Howdy partner! 8-)

LOL i read my comment back after i typed it and couldn't help but laugh. But no, i have morals and dignity. :P I could never be in a relationship with someone who can get so aggressive after consuming alcohol even if they were incredibly sexual. :oops: That's exactly why i tend to avoid people with a reputation for getting nasty when drunk, how can anyone have fun with someone like that around them? :(

phoenix98 wrote:Damn, that's a bummer, and an all-too-common story in our community (assuming his sexuality was a factor in their strained relationships, especially with his dad). Ha, it was probably for the best that you didn't bring it up too often whilst you were snogging, though :lol: ”Damn, you’re HUNG, babe! OK, now let’s talk about how you can mend your relationship with your father...”
It must've been as like you say this is usually the case for most young guys when they come to terms with their sexuality and finally find the courage to tell their parents. Haha well i didn't bring up that topic at all tbh. LOL that really wouldn't be an appropriate time to bring up a sensitive subject when you're getting all steamy and passionate together. That erection would go flat so fast. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Did you ever film anything with that one mate mentioned above...? ;)
Haha sadly not. By time i started college i'd grown out of the whole making silly videos phase, that was more around when i was like 10 years old. :lol: :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:**pops champagne...or maybe just some soda**
LOL i wouldn't mind a glass of champagne actually. :P :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:• GIAW is in some VERY elite company now!

1. Adele - Hello (7 weeks)
2. Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne - Rather be (6 weeks)
3. Ellie Goulding - Love me like you do (5 weeks)
4. Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson - Symphony (5 weeks)
5. Rita Ora - Anywhere (5 weeks)
6. Ariana Grande - God is a woman (5 weeks)

Might it join "Rather Be" in the runner-up spot on that list, or perhaps even match "Hello"s all-time-record...? There's more reasons than ever to stay tuned!
Ohh wow amazing that you found that all time list. <3 Indeed, a very elite group of mega singles in my chart that really dominated. I doubt we'll see God is a woman scoring any more weeks at #1 so it looks like 5 weeks will be its final tally but that's still an incredible achievement.

Aww, i love how you make that last line sound like a cliffhanger. :P :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:• It's awesome debut/re-entry overload this week! In the context of Janet's whole legendary catalog, "Made For Now" does pale in comparison somewhat, but it's still a pretty catchy, uplifting tune.
• Speaking of catchy, those whistle/"wooh-oooh-oOoOoh" parts of "Girls Go Wild" really fit the bill!
• I kind of forgot about/over-looked "All I Am" last week, thanks to Sweetener being out and a couple other singles stealing my attention (like "Made For Now" and "TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME") - but I'm really liking it! It'll probably end up bigger than "I'll Be There" on my chart.
• I only know a few songs from The 1975, but "TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME" sounds nothing like what I've heard before! The video perfectly captures me everytime I play the song :lol: I've seen some cute shots of Matty before, but DAMN would I have loved to be one of those people he approaches from behind there :oops: That clip has me smiling so much my face hurts!
• I definitely don't like how the single edit of "A Lifetime To Repair" cuts some of the super-catchy "repa-a-a-a-a-air" part of the chorus and replaces it with a random, jarring instrumental hoedown break. :-?

Yet another hallowed chart, Jake! :D
I really love Made for now and i'm delighted that Janet has successfully managed to get another hit in the US billboard hot 100. Janet worked so hard to promote the single, it would've been an injustice had it failed to make the chart altogether. Together again remains untouched as Janet's best single though.

As much as i love LP, i don't regard Girls gone wild as a classic single, its certainly not a patch on Lost on you. Still, it's no doubt an enjoyable track but i doubt it'll stick around for long.

It seems like opinion is split on UK Mix over All i am. For me personally whilst i do like the song, its not on par with Jess's delights such as Hold my hand or Don't be so hard on yourself. I think I'll be there could remain as the bigger single in my chart by comparison, unless this grows on me more in the coming weeks.

Prior to last week The 1975 had only one previous chart entry which was The sound. Over this last week, i've found myself succumbing more to the charms of TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME so i think its safe to say this is heading for a new peak in my next chart. :D

Yeah, i was kinda disappointed with the single edit of A lifetime to repair. I'm still surprised the record label thought this would be a worthy single choice when there are imo better tracks on the album. The music video would have to exceptional to propel the song higher than its peak of #14 achieved the week after the album was released.
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:31 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Your top 2 is divine! <3 "Everytime" is among my top tracks on Sweetener, too! :D And yay at Janet debuting in the top 5!
Ariana definitely delivered a couple of truly mesmerising songs in the form of God is a woman and breathin. Whilst i do love everytime it's not quite at the same level of amazingness but still very good. Made for now is an absolute joy to listen to and i'm glad to see Janet back and so radiant once again. <3

JSparksFan wrote:Ah, thanks for sharing. This new version is definitely good!
The wonders of a live performance. It fascinates me whenever i hear a song performed live and it somehow sounds better than the studio version, and a part of me wishes that was how the studio version sounded. :lol:

JSparksFan wrote:She lived a full 76 years, though, so I take heart in that fact!
That is very true, and what a wonderful 76 years it was. A truly inspirational and influential singer and a legacy that will live on forever alongside the music. <3
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:16 pm

JakeP Top 20 (1st September 2018)

ImageImageImageImageImage

01 (02) Ariana Grande - breathin [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
02 (01) Ariana Grande - God is a woman [8 wks] [#1] (5 wks @ #1)
03 (03) Freya Ridings - Lost without you [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
04 (06) Disclosure featuring Gwen McCrae - Funky sensation [2 wks] [#4]
05 (04) Janet Jackson & Daddy Yankee - Made for now [2 wks] [#4]
06 (05) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises [2 wks] [#5]
07 (09) benny blanco, Halsey & Khalid - Eastside [4 wks] [#5]
08 (NE) Marshmello & Bastille - Happier [1 wk] [#8]
09 (10) The Chainsmokers featuring Emily Warren - Side effects [5 wks] [#3]
10 (17) The 1975 - TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME [2 wks] [#10]
11 (12) Nicki Minaj - Ganja burn [2 wks] [#11]
12 (07) Ariana Grande - everytime [2 wks] [#7]
13 (NE) Jain - Alright [1 wk] [#13]
14 (NE) BTS featuring Nicki Minaj - IDOL [1 wk] [#14]
15 (14) Loud Luxury featuring brando - Body [13 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
16 (08) LP - Girls go wild [2 wks] [#8]
17 (19) Logic featuring Ryan Tedder - One day [2 wks] [#17]
18 (13) Jess Glynne - All i am [2 wks] [#13]
19 (NE) twenty one pilots - My blood [1 wk] [#19]
20 (11) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [20 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)

The Hit Seeker

The Struts featuring Kesha - Body talks
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 pm

JakeP Top 20 (8th September 2018)

01 (01) Ariana Grande - breathin [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (NE) Silk City & Dua Lipa featuring Diplo & Mark Ronson - Electricity [1 wk] [#2]
03 (NE) Carrie Underwood - Love wins [1 wk] [#3]
04 (02) Ariana Grande - God is a woman [9 wks] [#1] (5 wks @ #1)
05 (06) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises [3 wks] [#5]
06 (NE) Troye Sivan - Seventeen [1 wk] [#6]
07 (03) Freya Ridings - Lost without you [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
08 (08) Marshmello & Bastille - Happier [2 wks] [#8]
09 (04) Disclosure featuring Gwen McCrae - Funky sensation [3 wks] [#4]
10 (07) benny blanco, Halsey & Khalid - Eastside [5 wks] [#5]
11 (NE) The Struts featuring Kesha - Body talks [1 wk] [#11]
12 (NE) Troye Sivan - Lucky strike [1 wk] [#12]
13 (10) The 1975 - TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME [3 wks] [#10]
14 (13) Jain - Alright [2 wks] [#13]
15 (05) Janet Jackson & Daddy Yankee - Made for now [3 wks] [#4]
16 (09) The Chainsmokers featuring Emily Warren - Side effects [6 wks] [#3]
17 (NE) Troye Sivan - Plum [1 wk] [#17]
18 (NE) Muse - The dark side [1 wk] [#18]
19 (20) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [21 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
20 (15) Loud Luxury featuring brando - Body [14 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)

The Hit Seeker

Lukas Graham - Love someone
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:45 pm

18 (NE) Muse - The dark side [1 wk] [#18]
okay song, but the whole ''Timbaland experiment'' thing sounds alarming to me
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:48 pm

heppolo wrote:18 (NE) Muse - The dark side [1 wk] [#18]
okay song, but the whole ''Timbaland experiment'' thing sounds alarming to me
Thanks heppolo :D

As much as i love Muse, i do feel like the songs we've had so far aren't quite as strong as the songs from Drones which i thought was a very strong album.
JakeP
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:17 pm

I actually love The Dark Side. It debuts on my current chart too :)

It will probably get a ton of play for me once October starts. :)
Vote for songs in the Summertime Madness Tournament!
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:05 pm

cheapthrills wrote:I actually love The Dark Side. It debuts on my current chart too :)

It will probably get a ton of play for me once October starts. :)
Thanks cheapthrills :D

Ohh wow it seems The dark side might be Muse's most popular track so far from the new album on UK Mix at least.

What's happening in October? Is that because of the album release or are gonna be seeing Muse in concert?
JakeP
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 pm

No, just cause it's Halloween
Vote for songs in the Summertime Madness Tournament!
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:19 pm

cheapthrills wrote:No, just cause it's Halloween
:lol:

Of course, the annual halloween playlist. I forgot you mentioned that once, and now the lightbulb has flickered back on again. :oops: :P
JakeP
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Stunning #1! curious to see the music video someday.
Nice debut for the new Dua Lipa track (this one, btw, has an excellent music video.. didn't know Dua Lipa is such a sexy dancer)
Mainshow
Legend

Postby JakeP » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Mainshow wrote:Stunning #1! curious to see the music video someday.
Nice debut for the new Dua Lipa track (this one, btw, has an excellent music video.. didn't know Dua Lipa is such a sexy dancer)
Thanks Mainshow :D

breathin is amazing, this is like the holy trinity of Ariana. :lol: The three official singles from Sweetener really couldn't have been more perfect. I'm also curious to see what the music video is gonna look like especially after both No tears left to cry and God is a woman were a feast for the eyes.

I'm so glad you highlighted the new Dua Lipa track. I have always had a soft spot for a good dance anthem, or at least something fun and upbeat. Electricity fits that bill perfectly and i agree i never realised how fabulous a dancer Dua really is. After the success of One kiss i'd be more than happy to see Dua venturing more into pop/dance territory. <3
JakeP
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:10 am

JakeP wrote:
SummerPeur wrote:I got a new promotion and at first it was sucking away any spare time I had :(. However I've managed to settle down into the role now and it's almost back to normal / under control haha. Glad to hear you've been doing great!
Ohh congrats on the promotion. What type of job do you do? Aww, i'm glad that you've settled into your roll. <3
Thanks sis <3 xx.

I am an Opt Specialist for a Superannuation company. So I do a lot of coaching, development, project work etc.

01 (01) Ariana Grande - breathin [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
02 (NE) Silk City & Dua Lipa featuring Diplo & Mark Ronson - Electricity [1 wk] [#2]
Yashhhhhhhh @ breathin taking out the top spot (and now 2 weeks!). I expect big things for this song worldwide 8-).
Excellent #2 song as well. Dua has once again created a pop-tastic tune (some probs to Silk City and Diplo).

Interesting to see 'Seventeen' from Bloom as your top billing song. It wouldn't be one of my immediate picks. What do you enjoy most about it? But it's great to see that Bloom has had an impact in your chart overall (better then nothing).

Side note: I see ALTR has dropped off....sis pls....hahaha.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby JakeP » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:45 pm

SummerPeur wrote:Thanks sis <3 xx.

I am an Opt Specialist for a Superannuation company. So I do a lot of coaching, development, project work etc.
Hey SummerPeur :D

Ohh wow that's impressive. Typically in the UK i never hear the term "superannuation" but it's to do with pension schemes at all different companies. I can only imagine just how hectic your work schedule must be. The main thing is that you're enjoying it, and the fact you got promoted speaks volumes. :D <3

SummerPeur wrote:Yashhhhhhhh @ breathin taking out the top spot (and now 2 weeks!). I expect big things for this song worldwide 8-).
Excellent #2 song as well. Dua has once again created a pop-tastic tune (some probs to Silk City and Diplo).
breathin is amazing, i'm so happy that this is now the official third single from Sweetener and i'm hoping the music video will be a visual masterpiece. I can also see this song becoming a massive success with a new music video.

I'm also pleased to see you also love Electricity i agree its a nod back to the 90s house music and i'm loving this retro chic dance music. It's such a catchy song and Dua is on fire in the music video. I never realise just how a dancer Dua really is.

SummerPeur wrote:Interesting to see 'Seventeen' from Bloom as your top billing song. It wouldn't be one of my immediate picks. What do you enjoy most about it? But it's great to see that Bloom has had an impact in your chart overall (better then nothing).
I honestly thought i'd love Plum and Lucky strike the most after checking out the previews on iTunes. I managed to find all the songs on YouTube yet i found myself being drawn more towards Seventeen. For me its the lyrics and the atmospheric backing music that really enhances the song. Troye might not be the world's most fabulous singer but i do enjoy listening to Troye singing overall.

SummerPeur wrote:Side note: I see ALTR has dropped off....sis pls....hahaha.
LOL :lol: :P I read in the pop forum that there might be a music video for A lifetime to repair so if its really good, the song could very well re-enter and better its original peak just don't expect too much.
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:45 pm

JakeP wrote:Howdy partner! 8-)
Aloha, Jake! 8-)

JakeP wrote:I really love Made for now and i'm delighted that Janet has successfully managed to get another hit in the US billboard hot 100. Janet worked so hard to promote the single, it would've been an injustice had it failed to make the chart altogether. Together again remains untouched as Janet's best single though.
So true! I would've loved if it could've managed better than No. 88, but the fact that it charted at all (especially considering how long she's been in the business and everything she's been through) is something to be thankful for :D It's also exciting that we're getting any new music from her this soon, after that MASSIVE gap between the Discipline and Unbreakable eras!

JakeP wrote:Prior to last week The 1975 had only one previous chart entry which was The sound. Over this last week, i've found myself succumbing more to the charms of TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME so i think its safe to say this is heading for a new peak in my next chart. :D
Nice! That was their first song to grab my attention (and enter my chart) too.

JakeP wrote:Yeah, i was kinda disappointed with the single edit of A lifetime to repair. I'm still surprised the record label thought this would be a worthy single choice when there are imo better tracks on the album. The music video would have to exceptional to propel the song higher than its peak of #14 achieved the week after the album was released.
What were your top single picks? It's pretty surprising that they passed over "Sincerely Yours," since it's such a clear standout and would've appeased people who aren't feeling her country-infused material as much. A lot of fans seem pretty passionate about "Lost Without You" too.

JakeP wrote:01 (01) Ariana Grande - breathin [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
03 (NE) Carrie Underwood - Love wins [1 wk] [#3]
04 (02) Ariana Grande - God is a woman [9 wks] [#1] (5 wks @ #1)
05 (06) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises [3 wks] [#5]
07 (03) Freya Ridings - Lost without you [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
08 (08) Marshmello & Bastille - Happier [2 wks] [#8]
10 (07) benny blanco, Halsey & Khalid - Eastside [5 wks] [#5]
11 (NE) The Struts featuring Kesha - Body talks [1 wk] [#11]
12 (NE) Troye Sivan - Lucky strike [1 wk] [#12]
13 (10) The 1975 - TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME [3 wks] [#10]
15 (05) Janet Jackson & Daddy Yankee - Made for now [3 wks] [#4]
16 (09) The Chainsmokers featuring Emily Warren - Side effects [6 wks] [#3]
19 (20) Ariana Grande - No tears left to cry [21 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
20 (15) Loud Luxury featuring brando - Body [14 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
• Glad to see that Ari hasn't run out of oxygen on top!
• I've definitely been digging "Electricity" this week, so it's a pretty serious No. 1 contender for my next chart. The announcement of her upcoming Complete Edition has really put Dua on my mind (and got me re-visiting her album) too.
• Ooh...there's been a Troye plot twist! Over in Akini's thread, it sounded like "Plum" and "Lucky Strike" were the early standouts for you, but "Seveteen" must've really pulled ahead as that week progressed! I'm a bit bummed that "Plum" lost its steam, but I'm on-board with all three of these entries! They're easily the highlights of the new/previously-unheard Bloom tracks (though I still need to check out the Target/HMV deluxe edition bonus tracks...)
• Nice that "TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME" managed to nab a Top 10 peak! How high did "The Sound" go?

Yet another chart that's a breath of fresh air, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:31 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Aloha, Jake! 8-)
Aww i missed you last week but gathered you must've been a busy boy. :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:So true! I would've loved if it could've managed better than No. 88, but the fact that it charted at all (especially considering how long she's been in the business and everything she's been through) is something to be thankful for :D It's also exciting that we're getting any new music from her this soon, after that MASSIVE gap between the Discipline and Unbreakable eras!
It's a shame that Made for now didn't really do much after its week of release and seemed to just fizzle out as the hype died down. Still it makes me curious to hear what the new Janet material is gonna sound like. It also makes me wonder whether the buzz surrounding Made for now might have a positive knock on effect on the next single/album release and help Janet gain stronger chart success.

phoenix98 wrote:Nice! That was their first song to grab my attention (and enter my chart) too.
Oh wow, i wasn't sure if The 1975 had any previous chart entries in your chart. I certainly prefer these guys when they're at their most unashamedly pop. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:What were your top single picks? It's pretty surprising that they passed over "Sincerely Yours," since it's such a clear standout and would've appeased people who aren't feeling her country-infused material as much. A lot of fans seem pretty passionate about "Lost Without You" too.
Directly after buying the album, Sincerely yours was my favourite new discovery from the unheard album tracks. That got to #2 off the back of the album release, but i would have to say Raining glitter. Yes it's another uptempo song but i think had the record label done a single mix and made it more "dancey" (think Body by Loud Luxury) it could've been another hit for Kylie...on iTunes! :oops: As Kylie was sadly never going to rake in those streaming numbers. :roll: As for Lost without you, that's probably the biggest turnaround imo as post album release it was the second lowest ranked out of all the album tracks - probably not helped by the fact it was towards the end of the album so i was already digging the tracks higher up the tracklist. But since then, my appreciation for Lost without you has increased so much but its kinda got lost with all the new music that has been released since then. If that was an official single, i could imagine it would quite easily make the top 10, if not top 5. <3

phoenix98 wrote:• Glad to see that Ari hasn't run out of oxygen on top!
• I've definitely been digging "Electricity" this week, so it's a pretty serious No. 1 contender for my next chart. The announcement of her upcoming Complete Edition has really put Dua on my mind (and got me re-visiting her album) too.
• Ooh...there's been a Troye plot twist! Over in Akini's thread, it sounded like "Plum" and "Lucky Strike" were the early standouts for you, but "Seveteen" must've really pulled ahead as that week progressed! I'm a bit bummed that "Plum" lost its steam, but I'm on-board with all three of these entries! They're easily the highlights of the new/previously-unheard Bloom tracks (though I still need to check out the Target/HMV deluxe edition bonus tracks...)
• Nice that "TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME" managed to nab a Top 10 peak! How high did "The Sound" go?

Yet another chart that's a breath of fresh air, Jake! :D
Aah yes Ariana was pretty much well and truly ahead of everyone else last week and i'm still loving breathin so much that despite new music from Lana Del Rey and Mariah Carey, it could be a relatively easy third week on top for Ariana. :P

Ohh nice to see you also love a bit of Electricity. :wink: Despite its impressive debut at #2 after just 2 days it was still a fair distance behind Ariana but that said, Silk City & Dua Lipa will definitely remain somewhere inside my top 5 in my new chart. As for Dua's album reissue i checked out new track Want to but it didn't really have much impact on me, and all i could hear was Power by Little Mix to some extent just not as catchy. :lol: :oops:

Sometimes hearing a song in its entirety can make such a difference compared to a 90 minute preview on iTunes. That's pretty much what helped Seventeen shine brightly as the Troye track i ended up preferring the most. I was a little disappointed with a couple of the other tracks that weren't really having much impact on me hence no Troye Sivan domination. :( Aww it's a shame that you get the added bonus of these Target tracks, i don't think we'll get them in the UK as they're supposed to be exclusive to Target stores only. A clever marketing strategy to sell more albums but a shame other countries have to lose out. :x

The sound got to #14 but also only lasted one week in my chart, so TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME is already their most successful single in my chart. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:00 pm

JakeP Top 20 (15th September 2018)

01 (01) Ariana Grande - breathin [4 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
02 (02) Silk City & Dua Lipa featuring Diplo & Mark Ronson - Electricity [2 wks] [#2]
03 (NE) Lana Del Rey - Mariners apartment complex [1 wk] [#3]
04 (NE) Mariah Carey - GTFO [1 wk] [#4]
05 (08) Marshmello & Bastille - Happier [3 wks] [#5]
06 (05) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises [4 wks] [#5]
07 (NE) Hozier featuring Mavis Staples - Nina cried power [1 wk] [#7]
08 (04) Ariana Grande - God is a woman [10 wks] [#1] (5 wks @ #1)
09 (NE) Lukas Graham - Love someone [1 wk] [#9]
10 (NE) LSD featuring Sia, Diplo & Labrinth - Thunderclouds [1 wk] [#10]
11 (07) Freya Ridings - Lost without you [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
12 (03) Carrie Underwood - Love wins [2 wks] [#3]
13 (10) benny blanco, Halsey & Khalid - Eastside [6 wks] [#5]
14 (RE) Alan Walker featuring Au/Ra & Tomine Harket - Darkside [4 wks] [#7]
15 (NE) Dean Lewis - Be alright [1 wk] [#15]
16 (NE) Paul McCartney - Fuh you [1 wk] [#16]
17 (NE) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz - Right now [1 wk] [#17]
18 (NE) Eminem featuring Joyner Lucas - Lucky you [1 wk] [#18]
19 (20) Loud Luxury featuring brando - Body [15 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
20 (NE) Panic! At The Disco - High hopes [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Sigala, Ella Eyre & Meghan Trainor featuring French Montana - Just got paid
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:01 pm

16 (NE) Paul McCartney - Fuh you [1 wk] [#16]
Paul's attempt to sound ''modern'' is a bit too basic (for me, at least).
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:10 pm

heppolo wrote:16 (NE) Paul McCartney - Fuh you [1 wk] [#16]
Paul's attempt to sound ''modern'' is a bit too basic (for me, at least).
Thanks heppolo :D

I enjoyed Fuh you considerably more than the previous two songs that were released. The music video with the cheeky young boy made me smile so no doubt the music video boosted the song too. When Come on to me was released, it missed the cut off for my chart then i hardly revisited the song after that so Paul McCartney has done well to make my chart this time round.
JakeP
Manager

Postby RayRay » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:05 pm

JakeP wrote:04 (NE) Mariah Carey - GTFO [1 wk] [#4]

06 (05) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises [4 wks] [#5]

08 (04) Ariana Grande - God is a woman [10 wks] [#1] (5 wks @ #1)
Great to see Mariah new on your chart. :D
RayRay
Legend

Return to Personal Charts