The LGBT Community

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby biscuits » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:15 pm

Can you catch anything from just kissing?

I met a guy last week but I wasn’t that attracted to him in person so we just made out. However, he was really aggressive (not in a good way). Now, a few days later, I have a severe temperature and I’m getting scabs on my face.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Erotica » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:28 pm

I don't know, but I imagine this is possible for sure
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby biscuits » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:54 pm

I’m really worried because I start a new job soon but I must pass a full medical first.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby jio » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:19 pm

biscuits wrote:Can you catch anything from just kissing?

I met a guy last week but I wasn’t that attracted to him in person so we just made out. However, he was really aggressive (not in a good way). Now, a few days later, I have a severe temperature and I’m getting scabs on my face.
Herpes, Eipstein-Barr virus, common cold, the flu...
jio
Legend

Postby biscuits » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:27 pm

I hope it’s just flu. I read you can’t contract HIV through saliva.

Although, around Christmas, I was quite irresponsible and it may take 6 weeks to take effect
biscuits
The Diva

Postby jio » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:33 pm

6 weeks to take effect what?
No you cannot get HIV through saliva, you can get it through kissing theoretically (not proven in practice) but that would require much more than just saliva, so you are safe from that.
jio
Legend

Postby biscuits » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:25 pm

6 weeks for symptoms of hiv to start showing
biscuits
The Diva

Postby jio » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Mmm well I think it's much less than 6 weeks, I was under the impression it's a week or 2. But don't stress yourself, you do not have HIV, nobody can ever understand HIV from its initial symptoms, they are just too vague.

We all did stupid things in our lives, yet most of us didn't get infected. I am sure you are not infected either.
jio
Legend

Postby Carbon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:40 pm

it's 3-6 weeks, depends on the individual. and the symptoms range from extremely severe flu with rash and stuff, to just some mild fever that you can dismiss as nothing special. some people don't even have any symptoms at all and aren't aware that they are infected.

it all varies really, so it's best to get tested just in case even if you don't notice anything. but yeah, it's best not to panic too much, the odds are in your favor
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby biscuits » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:33 pm

I really hope you’re both right.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Serby » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:33 pm

Yeah, hiv is the laat to worry about if y'all hust kissed, unless your moths were both severely bleeding. :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:35 pm

jio wrote:Mmm well I think it's much less than 6 weeks, I was under the impression it's a week or 2. But don't stress yourself, you do not have HIV, nobody can ever understand HIV from its initial symptoms, they are just too vague.

We all did stupid things in our lives, yet most of us didn't get infected. I am sure you are not infected either.
You can test positive on hiv only after 6 weeks, before that it's not visible in your blood. There are though other tests that cover smaller span, but arent that reliable and even you test pos on them, it doesn't mean you are until you do the regular one 6 weeks after the exposure.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby biscuits » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Serby wrote:Yeah, hiv is the laat to worry about if y'all hust kissed, unless your moths were both severely bleeding. :lol:
Ok last week may not be the problem. But around Christmas, I did full unprotected stuff.

My glands are swollen and my gums are swollen. This usually doesn’t happen
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Serby » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Hmm. Could be the stress or whatever. Or just a mouth/gums infection. If it happened around xmas, you can test yourself in few days already to make sure, but I'd say it's unlikely.

Did you know a guy? Also, even if he was pos, the chances are nowhere 100% to catch it from one time. I feel ya though, my protection broke once and I didn't notice and it was a random hook up. Damn, I was so nervous and stressed afterwards.

Also you do know about prep? It's like a day after pill, but for hiv or can be even taken as a prevention (though theres much more than just hiv to be caught thru unprotected sex, so it's not the perfect solution).
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby biscuits » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:48 pm

I’m really scared because my job may fire me
biscuits
The Diva

Postby BehindBreakaway » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 pm

biscuits wrote:I’m really scared because my job may fire me
I don't think legally they can fire you because you caught an std (if that's what it is). What reasons would they have?
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby biscuits » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:24 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:
biscuits wrote:I’m really scared because my job may fire me
I don't think legally they can fire you because you caught an std (if that's what it is). What reasons would they have?
I know in Korea they can legally do that. I don’t know about Japan (which is where I work)
biscuits
The Diva

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:22 pm

I understand how you feel, but
A. it might be something totally different. Remember that although you cant transmit HIV through saliva, you can still get tons of other germs through it.

I remember back in like 2013 when I was a single 19 yr old I hooked up with this guy and he was also a little too much into making out. Anyway soon after I had a sore throat, felt feverish, felt like my tonsils were hurting and stuff, I got really scared but with medication it went away. It stressed me out but months later when I had a physical exam (once a year) they did a blood panel including a test for hiv and I was neg, and still am neg today. Point was that I got too many of his germs (eww) and it kinda made me sick. Truth is that people have tons of bacteria in their mouths even after they just brush their teeth.

B. The stress might actually be making it much much worse. Just try to take something in the meantime and get tested for peace of mind, now in case it was something from dec and in 4-6 weeks in case you really think it was something from this past time.
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby SummerPeur » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 am

Cookie, try to be a little less naive. I understand if your job for someone reason is weird about people being 'sick'. But maybe do some outside research of HIV transmission.

Spoiler:
This site has a table down the bottom that will help explain type of transmission %.
http://www.poz.com/pdfs/P04-14p53.risk_transmission.pdf
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:06 am

And don’t forget that it’s the time of the year when people get sick all the time, not like you developed a nasty flu in the middle of summer

I had a similar panic, about a month after “the deed” I got a sore throat and cold and I was convinced I had HIV, already started preparing myself mentally for the positive test results. But ofc they turned out neg :lol:

There isn’t any 100% comforting advice if you’re like me and think of the worst case scenario and only a test will ease your mind. Also be careful with the tests because there are many types, some only detect it after 3 months.

If it’s any consolation, been there and all that panic was totally unecessary in the end, so try to think less about it if you can
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 am

SummerPeur wrote:Cookie, try to be a little less naive. I understand if your job for someone reason is weird about people being 'sick'. But maybe do some outside research of HIV transmission.

Spoiler:
This site has a table down the bottom that will help explain type of transmission %.
http://www.poz.com/pdfs/P04-14p53.risk_transmission.pdf
Interesting table
biscuits
The Diva

Postby jio » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:00 am

Serby wrote:
jio wrote:Mmm well I think it's much less than 6 weeks, I was under the impression it's a week or 2. But don't stress yourself, you do not have HIV, nobody can ever understand HIV from its initial symptoms, they are just too vague.

You can test positive on hiv only after 6 weeks, before that it's not visible in your blood. There are though other tests that cover smaller span, but arent that reliable and even you test pos on them, it doesn't mean you are until you do the regular one 6 weeks after the exposure.
He was talking about symptoms showing, not test results though...
jio
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am

I think it’s Herpes. So horrible
biscuits
The Diva

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:27 pm

biscuits wrote:I think it’s Herpes. So horrible
best wishes, hope you recover soon!
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby stevyy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:32 pm

I am always very cautious when I have sexual relations.

I hope everything turns out fine, biscuits.
stevyy
Legend

Return to The Lounge