My impact from my rants 8-) 8-)

#kingofukmix
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:08 pm

^^^ And the old thread had 809,590 views, so that's 1.3 million random pairs of eyes in seven years.
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Top10 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:25 pm

Happy Women's Day to all the ladies who are part of the UKMix community! :) For this special reason, a beautiful female singer with a sexy dance song will enter the Top 10 tomorrow, so stay around.
Bye my favourite season, see ya next year! The last summer Top 10.
Top10
Groupie

Postby RayRay » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:03 pm

bluecherry wrote:I got spiked last Thursday in the city, and it was actually so scary. I was talking nonsense, was hallucinating, couldn't remember what I had said a minute prior, was falling about everywhere and vomiting. Luckily my friend took me home, but if she hadn't I hate to think what happened. The only explanation i have is that someone put something in my drink while I was dancing with the drink in my hand. My friend got spiked on the same night at the same club - she got tested and it was GHB - which is used as paint stripper. Its an anaesthetic and has sedative effects. Considering I was falling asleep constantly and we had identical symptoms I can only assume it was the same drug that was put in my drink. Researching the drug its often used as a date rape drug and is potentially fatal.
It was literally the scariest thing I ever experienced, and I got upset because my friends I had gone with didn't believe me. Several days later, I had literally 20 people come up to me joking about how I was a messy drunk. I got really upset because I told them that I thought I had been spiked and they just said they thought I was drunk. I know how I behave when I was drunk, and the girl who took me home even said she thought I was spiked.
I guess I haven't really had anywhere to talk about this so I'd post it here haha, be careful with your drinks everyone! Literally anything could happen.
You say you held the drink in your hand while dancing. You didn't notice anyone putting something in your drink?
RayRay
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Top10 wrote:Happy Women's Day to all the ladies who are part of the UKMix community! :) For this special reason, a beautiful female singer with a sexy dance song will enter the Top 10 tomorrow, so stay around.
Is it really celebrated around the world though?
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby RayRay » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:01 pm

^ Maybe not, but since we live in the Age of Social Media, it is unescapable.
RayRay
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:09 pm

What a scary ordeal you had to get through bluecherry. I'm glad you went home safe and sound.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby navi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Happy Women's Day
My year(s) in lists by Ivan (2008 - 2013)
navi
Superstar

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:33 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that BlueCherry :(.

I know dancing with a drink you wouldn't notice someone pop something into your drink as you're not focusing on it, and it can still be dark on a dancefloor.

Glad you came out of it ok <3.
How about you Get the F*** Out.
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Erotica wrote:
KokoCollino wrote:Erotica tell me three things you like :)
Why?

Mario Kart
Deeper and deeper
Spring

?
I like all those things too :D

Your birthday is in spring right? 213
Looks like I found my way home
KokoCollino
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:48 pm

KokoCollino wrote:
Erotica wrote:
KokoCollino wrote:Erotica tell me three things you like :)
Why?

Mario Kart
Deeper and deeper
Spring

?
I like all those things too :D

Your birthday is in spring right? 213
Glad you like them too

Yes that is right

But what does 213 mean?
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:14 pm

^ What is going on here Koko :lol:
How about you Get the F*** Out.
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Maybe he makes fun of me :( I am not sure
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:18 am

Thanks guys!
♡ i bloom just for you ♡

bluecherry
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 am

From Mariah's latest interview:

I mean, I have five Grammys. That’s cute. There’s people that have been doing this half the time that have twice as many [Grammys]. I won two Grammys the first year I started, but after that, [the Grammys] are like, “We don’t go with the people that are selling a lot of records and are popular; we’re gonna go the opposite way.” So I got screwed out of certain years. I wasn’t bitter about it.
OK, Mimi, but that sounds pretty bitter.
Vote for songs in the Summertime Madness Tournamentr!
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby Serby » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:14 pm

That does sound bitter, but why does she even care tbh?
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Erotica » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:15 pm

Yes, it really sounds a bit bitter ^^

But I have to agree on some points though, she's not so wrong about it with her opinion
Erotica
Legend

Postby heppolo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:22 pm

Someone needs to tell Mariah that Grammies are not that important
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Also in recent years at least Grammys are doing exactly that: giving the award to the most important thing
MrDiva
Legend

Postby Gravity » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:41 pm

The amount of times she said "I don't care" in that interview assured me that she indeed cares :lol:
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby thankfulforkelly » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Glad you’re ok, bluecherry! Could’ve easily been a nasty situation but fortunately you had your friend looking after you. It’s so horrible I don’t understand how someone could spike someone’s drink
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby aRat » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:37 pm

cheapthrills wrote:From Mariah's latest interview:

I mean, I have five Grammys. That’s cute. There’s people that have been doing this half the time that have twice as many [Grammys]. I won two Grammys the first year I started, but after that, [the Grammys] are like, “We don’t go with the people that are selling a lot of records and are popular; we’re gonna go the opposite way.” So I got screwed out of certain years. I wasn’t bitter about it.
Don't worry MöMö, everyone knows the Grammys are skinny-phobic.

Dua Lipa - Rihanna - Madonna - Beyonce - Michael Jackson
aRat
Manager

Postby NothingFails » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:04 pm

cheapthrills wrote:From Mariah's latest interview:

Well it is funny in hindsight. But I'd say Madonna is a bigger victim than Mariah than that.

Madonna went through the whole "we can't take her seriously... she sang Material Girl" thing for years... even when she was putting out stuff like Live To Tell out in 86, Like A Prayer out in 89, Bedtime Stories in 94, etc... (I realize she'd never been considered for Erotica given the backlash) because of the "we only give awards to artists we can take seriously" and only finally gave her serious consideration come Ray Of Light when she finally broke the "okay, I guess she's legit enough now".... but now EVERY pop star no matter how fluffy gets nominated all over these shows and it's all about a celebration of chart success instead of artistry. If the Grammys were in 1985 like they are now, Material Girl, Like A Virgin, etc... would've all been nominated whereas 30 years ago they were seen as too lightweight for a "prestigious" award show.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:48 pm

biscuits wrote:It’s crazy how Usher went from selling 10M to 1.2M in the US! His music became so bad though
lol, usher's last album was amazing.

"Tell Me" is one of the greatest songs of all times. If you don't know it, check it out. Hard II Love is an amazing album.

As for Alicia, she also gets the "she's black, but pop" backlash. Her last album was incredible as well.
stevyy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Gravity wrote:The amount of times she said "I don't care" in that interview assured me that she indeed cares :lol:
the woman has performed 4 times at the Grammys:

in three of these years she was nominated for major awards, (in total 9) of which she won 1 award.

If she'd care that much, she would have attended much more often.

And how would you feel, when you get nominated in all major categories and losing everything - despite being the ed-sheeran, bruno mars, adele in your field.
stevyy
Legend

Return to The Lounge