What's the dumbest thing you've heard someone say?

Moderator: Spartan

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:07 pm

Nippian93 wrote:Google "Donald Trump + quotes" and choose one (or more).
:lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby TIfan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:09 pm

One of my evil co-employees stated that someone was not from North America but Canada.???

What in the entire f**k?
TIfan
Legend

Postby Serby » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:30 am

DOSSOME wrote:All countries in Africa are ex colonies though :-?
Even the north countries? but yeah, my post is a bit nonsense and I also overlooked the mean girls quote.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicLover88 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:33 am

What is the capital of Peru?

Chile.
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby Crackiswack » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:53 am

Serby wrote:
DOSSOME wrote:All countries in Africa are ex colonies though :-?
Even the north countries? but yeah, my post is a bit nonsense and I also overlooked the mean girls quote.
Yes even the north countries like Egypt (Britain), Morocco (France or Britain tbh IDK.)

Every single country in Africa has been colonized except for Ethiopia.
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby Crackiswack » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:54 am

Storyteller wrote:
MrDiva wrote:
Serby wrote:Doesn't mean she's more talented, but yeah, she's better. #yeahisaidit
:lol:
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:00 am

MusicLover88 wrote:What is the capital of Peru?

Chile.
:lol: :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:02 am

This is actually kinda sad but once somehow we were talking about the September 11 attacks (mind you the person who I was talking to and I are both American, we are in the US) and then I somehow mentioned the year which was 2001 (obviously) and she started arguing that it was in 2002. She finally googled something and was like "Okay the World Trade Center thing happened that year whatever it is...but the twin towers attack was in 2002"...like omg Twin Towers = World Trade Center :roll:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:08 am

^ *Sigh*
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby TIfan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:04 am

^^^ There was another deadly crash in 2002 in NYC but it was not tied to 9/11
TIfan
Legend

Postby Rihab » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:06 pm

MusicRecords wrote:This is actually kinda sad but once somehow we were talking about the September 11 attacks (mind you the person who I was talking to and I are both American, we are in the US) and then I somehow mentioned the year which was 2001 (obviously) and she started arguing that it was in 2002. She finally googled something and was like "Okay the World Trade Center thing happened that year whatever it is...but the twin towers attack was in 2002"...like omg Twin Towers = World Trade Center :roll:
Every kid knows 9/11 happened the day Glitter was released.

http://i.imgur.com/YCxyIg6.gif
Rihab
Legend

Postby Biebz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:11 pm

MusicRecords wrote:This is actually kinda sad but once somehow we were talking about the September 11 attacks (mind you the person who I was talking to and I are both American, we are in the US) and then I somehow mentioned the year which was 2001 (obviously) and she started arguing that it was in 2002. She finally googled something and was like "Okay the World Trade Center thing happened that year whatever it is...but the twin towers attack was in 2002"...like omg Twin Towers = World Trade Center :roll:
-_-

Don't you live in NYC as well?
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Hugo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Don't be too hard on your friend

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Biebz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:14 pm

Wow, you didn't reference Beyoncé? Are you feeling okay?
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Hugo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Biebz wrote:Wow, you didn't reference Beyoncé? Are you feeling okay?
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Biebz wrote:
-_-

Don't you live in NYC as well?
At the time I was still living in Texas
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Goldmoney » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:28 pm

TIfan wrote:^^^ There was another deadly crash in 2002 in NYC but it was not tied to 9/11
2001 actually, two months and one day after the 9/11 attacks to be exact. The crash actually occurred in a residential area called Belle Harbor, half an hour outside of the NYC metropolitan area and ten minutes from where I used to live. I remember the impact of the explosion waking me up, turning on the TV to see how close this was and thinking that there were going to be a multitude of airplanes crashing into the ground like on 9/11. That was one of the most frightening moments of my life.
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:40 pm

I once asked a friend of mine why polar bears do not eat penguins.
She thought about it for some seconds and then replied "because they taste like shit."
and she was dead serious.
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby Serby » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:51 pm

MrDiva wrote:I once asked a friend of mine why polar bears do not eat penguins.
She thought about it for some seconds and then replied "because they taste like shit."
and she was dead serious.
O swear this was posted somewhere already
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MrDiva » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:54 pm

MrDiva wrote:I once tested a friend and asked: 'how come polar bears don't cheat penguins ?' And she looked all confused, thought about it and answered: 'because they taste like shit'

She was serious about it

I couldn't
oops sorry serby :D was on page 1 already

really stuck with me tho
how can one be so stupid
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby setg1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:32 pm

"The United States is not a democracy, it is a republic."
setg1
Roadie

Postby Rihab » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:47 am

setg1 wrote:"The United States is not a democracy, it is a republic."
I'd say the US is both a republic and a democracy, but you could argue that it is not a pure democracy. Far from it if you compare it to countries like Switzerland for instance.
Rihab
Legend

Postby Crackiswack » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:49 am

It is actually a republic
In a democracy, the citizens would vote directly on laws. In the US, we vote for officials, and then those elected officials vote for laws for us. Therefore we are a republic
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby Rihab » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:15 am

Crackiswack wrote:It is actually a republic
In a democracy, the citizens would vote directly on laws. In the US, we vote for officials, and then those elected officials vote for laws for us. Therefore we are a republic
What you're describing is the difference between direct and indirect democracy, not between a democracy and a republic. The US clearly isn't an autocracy and it also isn't an oligarchy (yet), so it's got to be a democracy (to a certain degree).
Rihab
Legend

Postby setg1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:17 am

I agree. What constitutes a democracy is debatable. My post was mostly in reference to some Trump supporters who defended the electoral college (considered undemocratic by many) with that sentence, implying that the two are exclusive. I guess it would blow their minds that most Democrats are republican and most Republicans are democratic. Or that there was the Democratic-Republican Party once. :lol:
setg1
Roadie

Return to The Lounge