Serbo-Croatian language

Moderator: Spartan

Postby Serby » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Well, since some gorl are moaning left and right about us having SC convo, I decided to open a thread.

If there are people from Bosnia and Monenegro that feel left out, tell me, so that I can change it to Serbo-Cro-Monte-Bosnian. :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Carbon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:13 pm

Maybe ''ex-yu languages'' would be a better name, but not sure how many people are there from the other countries.

I think Serbian sounds nicer than Croatian and has less weird rules :lol:
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Ivica » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:20 pm

Bosnia is funniest :lol:
Ivica
Legend

Postby grooveboy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:34 pm

mrlemonade wrote:
I think Serbian sounds nicer than Croatian and has less weird rules :lol:
Belgrade dialect sounds interesting.

Some Serbian words are really funny IMO. Sirce, pavlaka, makaze, sargarepa ( :lol: ), vaspitanje
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby theArmy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:43 pm

De ste pičkee
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Sometimes I say mrkva instead of šargarepa, but everyone would know right away I'm Bosanac, which is how they call us Serbs whose parents are from there. :lol: Also, I prefer riža instead of pirinač, but it's not that common in Serbia.

I love it (sometimes) that in Cro you have verbs ending with -t in future tense, eg. ubit ću se, instead of ours ubiću se. It sounds more dramatic, and now, I almost always use Cro version. :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:48 pm

theArmy wrote:De ste pičkee
:o :lol:

Limunado, ex-yu wouldn't be right, cuz Slovenian and Macedonian aren't really the 'same' as our languages.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby theArmy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Limunado :lol: :lol:
theArmy
Legend

Postby Carbon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:57 pm

I actually tend to write it the Serbian way (ubiću se) because it's shorter and I'm too lazy to type the extra t and space :lol:

Not sure how other Serbian dialects sound, but the Belgrade one is awesome, I find it more funny, cute, sexy and/or poetic than any type of Croatian . Personal fave words are probably brushalter (''ne ide mi uz karakter''), zvanično, pavlaka, etc, there's many more but can't think of them right now
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:03 pm

mrlemonade wrote:I actually tend to write it the Serbian way (ubiću se) because it's shorter and I'm too lazy to type the extra t and space :lol:

Not sure how other Serbian dialects sound, but the Belgrade one is awesome, I find it more funny, cute, sexy and/or poetic than any type of Croatian . Personal fave words are probably brushalter (''ne ide mi uz karakter''), zvanično, pavlaka, etc, there's many more but can't think of them right now
Isn't it incorrect if you wirte it as ubicu se? If I said ubit cu se in Serbian essay, it would be corrected. Or you speak about unofficial use?

Is it dialect or accent tho? Novosadski dialect rules. :lol: People from North of Serbia (Subotica), they have funny accent, it's like they are singing while talking. :lol: :lol: Vojvodjanski tho, it's awful and truly one of the few languages and variation on the world I hate. Grr, makes me sjkbsdjdbk. :oops: :lol:

Oh,a nd alos, basically npo one in Serbia uses šđžčć on internet, cuz most of the keyboards are English. Instead we write s, dj, z, c and c. :lol: btw is there no dž in Cro? I didn't find it on Google translate keyboard. :o
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Chun » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:09 pm

I only know Tschewaptschitschi.
Chun
Legend

Postby grooveboy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:11 pm

There is dž in Croatian, though it's not very often in Croatia vocabulary
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby grooveboy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Chun wrote:I only know Tschewaptschitschi.
That's a major plus when you're hungry and somewhere in Balkans :lol:
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby Serby » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:13 pm

That word is so weird, cuz you only use tsch in it, while it's actually very soft tsch, then tsch and again soft tsch. I think y'all could not pronounce it, even I stuck sometimes. :lol:

Dobar dan would be Guten Tag, it's easy. It's read exactly the way it's written, you'd prolly pronounce it quite good cuz the German is very a read as you write.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Carbon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Serby wrote:
mrlemonade wrote:I actually tend to write it the Serbian way (ubiću se) because it's shorter and I'm too lazy to type the extra t and space :lol:

Isn't it incorrect if you wirte it as ubicu se? If I said ubit cu se in Serbian essay, it would be corrected. Or you speak about unofficial use?

Is it dialect or accent tho? Novosadski dialect rules. :lol: People from North of Serbia (Subotica), they have funny accent, it's like they are singing while talking. :lol: :lol: Vojvodjanski tho, it's awful and truly one of the few languages and variation on the world I hate. Grr, makes me sjkbsdjdbk. :oops: :lol:

Oh,a nd alos, basically npo one in Serbia uses šđžčć on internet, cuz most of the keyboards are English. Instead we write s, dj, z, c and c. :lol: btw is there no dž in Cro? I didn't find it on Google translate keyboard. :o
Yup, I was talking about unofficial use, I'd never write like that in formal stuff. But I never even (rarely) pronounce the ''t'', sounds like an abrupt pause and doesn't flow very well.

I'm not sure about dialect/accent stuff, I just said dialect, but who knows what I'm thnking about

Yeah I always wonder why Serbian people never use kvačice, I find them nice and sometimes have trouble figuring out what someone wrote if there's none of them and words are kinda ambiguous :oops:

There is no on the keyboard because there is a d and a ž, and you just type them together :lol: but yeah like grooveboy said it's not that often, esp. in pronunciation
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Well, now you know. I noticed that basically every single Croatian person uses all kukice ( :lol: , tho I know kvacice, it's used in Bosnia), and almost no one in Serbia, so I figured it was the keyboard thing. I bet y'all thought we were illiterate or sth haha no one has problem understanding word written like that, most of the time there's just one way you could say it that fits the context.

It's also funny that in Cro, all those letters tend to sound the same, like, you pronounciation is not that exact.

How stupid about dz, I should've supposed. :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Carbon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:33 pm

Serby wrote:It's also funny that in Cro, all those letters tend to sound the same, like, you pronounciation is not that exact.
Nothing is exact, you go to a different town and everyone speaks differently, has a different accent and vocabulary :lol:

I have kind of a neutral/Zg accent, everyone either think I'm from Zg or can't guess at all. But I use some Istrian words, of italian origin and stuff. Oh and the famous ''šta da?''
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby grooveboy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:40 pm

"šta da?" is hilarious :lol: :lol: I have a friend from Rijeka, and she uses it very often
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby Serby » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:41 pm

mrlemonade wrote:Oh and the famous ''šta da?''
What is even that? :lol:

Here's some of Travolta dialect of Serbian - HERE

12 god-ina...sam ćego. :lol: :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Carbon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Serby wrote:
mrlemonade wrote:Oh and the famous ''šta da?''
What is even that? :lol:
It's like ''really?'', but we use it sooo often, like literally whenever you say something there's a big chance I'll say ''šta da?'' mostly not as expressing disbelief, but showing that I'm paying attention and showing an interest. I never perceived it as something unusual until I came to Zg :lol:

LOL at Travolta :lol:
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:53 pm

sounds like sta dalje, but I can't really imagine it. :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby theArmy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:04 pm

:lol: :lol: !! Prekul!!
theArmy
Legend

Postby yomaku » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Serbo-Croatian <3
Hej koji dan.
Last.fm
yomaku
Manager

Postby Airwrecka » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:27 pm

Serby wrote:Well, since some gorl are moaning left and right about us having SC convo, I decided to open a thread.
upravo te osuđujem. :roll:
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Serby » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:53 pm

Airwrecka wrote:
Serby wrote:Well, since some gorl are moaning left and right about us having SC convo, I decided to open a thread.
upravo te osuđujem. :roll:
no one ever says this in SC, no one. :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Return to The Lounge