You live with your parents?

Moderator: Spartan

Postby Alicepotter » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:28 am

If the answer is no. At what age did you leave home? And how was the experience?

Tell me guys!!!
Alicepotter
The Mockingjay

Postby kushi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:29 am

Another hit thread in the making :cry: :cry:

Potter Productions: Let the Magic Happen, is clocking flopHAUS.
Thriller wrote:Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads
kushi
Legend

Postby Alicepotter » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:44 am

kushi wrote:Another hit thread in the making :cry: :cry:

Potter Productions: Let the Magic Happen, is clocking flopHAUS.
Where is the answers?! I need to make the topic. :cry:
Last edited by Alicepotter on Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alicepotter
The Mockingjay

Postby Chun » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:47 am

Chun
Legend

Postby Alicepotter » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:52 am

C'mon guys. I wonder if it's time to leave home.
Alicepotter
The Mockingjay

Postby Plym » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:01 am

Alicepotter wrote:C'mon guys. I wonder if it's time to leave home.
will your new home have internet?
Plym
Take Care

Postby Goldmoney » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:05 am

Thank god I don't anymore. Now I can drink as I please. :D
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby Alicepotter » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:06 am

Goldmoney wrote:Thank god I don't anymore. Now I can drink as I please. :D
At what age did you leave home? Do you live alone or with friends?
Alicepotter
The Mockingjay

Postby Goldmoney » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:11 am

Alicepotter wrote:
20, and I lived with a friend for about a year before settling in a dump in Brooklyn Heights. :lol: Yourself? :D
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby Alicepotter » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:16 am

Goldmoney wrote:
Alicepotter wrote:
20, and I lived with a friend for about a year before settling in an apartment in Brooklyn Heights. Yourself? :D
When you thought it was the right time to leave home?

I'm 19, and I have a good relationship with my parents, but I got an offer from a friend to live with him, and I'm thinking in say yes, to have more freedom, you understand?
Last edited by Alicepotter on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alicepotter
The Mockingjay

Postby Shorty » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:31 am

I live with my Mum. I have done since I was 14 when my parents divorced and my Dad moved out. BTW I'm 27, and I still don't feel the need to move out.

Renting a place, even with friends is expensive here and I couldn't afford it on my benefit payments, alongside paying bills and all that. At the moment, I get like 200 bucks a week - I pay my Mum rent, I pay the broadband bill, I pay for the WWE Network monthly ( :lol:) and my data plan for my iPhone and that eats up a lot of my money. I couldn't imagine trying to stretch it to rent and other bills as well.

Plus my Mum is my WWE watching buddy, without her I'd have to watch it on my own, which isn't too much fun. And she treats me to holidays overseas as well, so I think I'll be sticking at home for awhile longer :wink:

LOL I drink anytime I want as well, I'm an adult, my Mum can't tell me not to :lol:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Alicepotter » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:36 am

^^

My fear is also the expenses, and lose that feeling of 'security' that you have with parents...
Alicepotter
The Mockingjay

Postby kushi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:03 am

Shorty wrote:I live with my Mum. I have done since I was 14 when my parents divorced and my Dad moved out. BTW I'm 27, and I still don't feel the need to move out.

Renting a place, even with friends is expensive here and I couldn't afford it on my benefit payments, alongside paying bills and all that. At the moment, I get like 200 bucks a week
I'm not judging because everyone's situation is different, but I just find it odd being that old and not employed. I know NZ's unemployment rate would be that of Australia's. And some work isn't glamorous, but being on some hustle and grid is surely better than relying on a benefit.
kushi
Legend

Postby Shorty » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:33 am

kushi wrote:
Shorty wrote:I live with my Mum. I have done since I was 14 when my parents divorced and my Dad moved out. BTW I'm 27, and I still don't feel the need to move out.

Renting a place, even with friends is expensive here and I couldn't afford it on my benefit payments, alongside paying bills and all that. At the moment, I get like 200 bucks a week
I'm not judging because everyone's situation is different, but I just find it odd being that old and not employed. I know NZ's unemployment rate would be that of Australia's. And some work isn't glamorous, but being on some hustle and grid is surely better than relying on a benefit.
You think I don't want to work? Cos that sorta sounds like what you're implying, saying I "rely" on a benefit :-? I have no work experience - I've applied for literally thousands of jobs and nobody will even give me a chance. So what the hell else I am supposed to do? Have no money of my own and rely on my parents? Cos hell no, I'm not gonna do that.

And you've never heard of somebody in their mid 20's without a job? Wow. Half of my friends are unemployed! Sorry, but having to defend being on a benefit is a touchy subject for me, it's not like I WANT to be on one, I have no other choice!

Anyway, right now I'm on injury exemption cos of my knee, I can't stand up for long periods of time so anything like fast food or retail is out for me at the moment :roll:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby MrRager » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:39 am

Alicepotter wrote:^^

My fear is also the expenses, and lose that feeling of 'security' that you have with parents...
Move in with me baby! <3
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby theArmy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:57 am

@Shorty: This is, the part when I knee freeee!!

Yes, I still live with my parents. But imma try to move out next year hopefully. I'm 19 btw :)
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:59 am

Yes, I still live at home
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:12 am

I'm 22 and left home a little bit more than 4 years ago to live with my bf :wink:
Tansike
Legend

Postby lemsey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:37 am

I was born in Sydney then lived in some sh*tty bush town in Northern NSW with my parents, who named me after a quartz. Feeling resentful, I started doing the local black bois and realised I was in love with black culture. When I was 16, I planned my escape. My parents let me fly halfway across the world all by myself, no questions, and I ended up living in some frat dungeon in Miami and worked illegally until I became a successful rapper, makin millies with my gorls Ariana, Jenny (and to a lesser extent, Charli). Jokes, I still live with my parents on the Gold Coast.
lemsey
Manager

Postby MrRager » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:41 am

^^--- Were you born in Sydney or was that even lies? :lol: :lol:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby kushi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:45 am

Shorty wrote:
kushi wrote:

You think I don't want to work? Cos that sorta sounds like what you're implying, saying I "rely" on a benefit :-? I have no work experience - I've applied for literally thousands of jobs and nobody will even give me a chance. So what the hell else I am supposed to do? Have no money of my own and rely on my parents? Cos hell no, I'm not gonna do that.

And you've never heard of somebody in their mid 20's without a job? Wow. Half of my friends are unemployed! Sorry, but having to defend being on a benefit is a touchy subject for me, it's not like I WANT to be on one, I have no other choice!

Anyway, right now I'm on injury exemption cos of my knee, I can't stand up for long periods of time so anything like fast food or retail is out for me at the moment :roll:
No I get it and of course I don't know you, or your situation. It's always frustrating looking for jobs, and discouraging. And sometimes it is just luck and good timing. Just for me personally, and it's just a prrception, I've always just see you make a lot of excuses. I mean, if you get knee pain, what leg strengthening are you doing to combat it?

That's just my perception though and I could be completely wrong, I don't know you in real life, only online.
kushi
Legend

Postby lemsey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:47 am

MrRager wrote:^^--- Were you born in Sydney or was that even lies? :lol: :lol:
No :cry: I'm too indie to join the basic bitches who are born in Sydney and try to get out. That's why Iggy is successful - she's so mainstream.
lemsey
Manager

Postby lemsey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:52 am

kushi wrote:
Shorty wrote:
kushi wrote:

No I get it and of course I don't know you, or your situation. It's always frustrating looking for jobs, and discouraging. And sometimes it is just luck and good timing. Just for me personally, and it's just a prrception, I've always just see you make a lot of excuses. I mean, if you get knee pain, what leg strengthening are you doing to combat it?

That's just my perception though and I could be completely wrong, I don't know you in real life, only online.
I agree with Kushi. Australia and NZ are great countries that provide great opportunities for their people. I even think New Zealand provides better opportunities than Australia. You could study full-time (and still receive money from the government), or even do volunteer work to give you some good work experience. Not that I'm judging, I just think 27 is quite young, and it'd be a shame not to take the opportunities you would get from living in a country such as NZ.
lemsey
Manager

Postby Ivica » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:55 am

yes, and as long as I have a job near my house, I don't have a plans to move out.
Ivica
Legend

Postby Shorty » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:06 am

How in the world did I end up defending my own actions here? :-? I don't really want to discuss this tbh, it's depressing and just makes me feel like a failure cos I can't even get a volunteer job. I was turned away from a couple of volunteer jobs as well!

Anyway, we're off topic, this is about whether people live with their parents or not, not people on benefits.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Return to The Lounge