Tea

Moderator: Spartan

Postby oaknuys » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:35 am

Hmm...

How about eliminating coffee and bring up the delight of Hot Chocolate instead lollll....
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby toni_pest » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:17 am

Play wrote:I drink way too much coffee during the day but once I have dinner I don't even think about having a cup of coffee anymore, anyone similar?
i used to drink coffee in the evening and even at night and it **** up my sleeping pattern, now i try not to drink any after 6pm.

i just love coffee so much
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby hotMCfan » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:17 am

Not really a coffee drinker but I'm starting to enjoy it recently.
hotMCfan
Superstar

Postby grooveboy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:30 pm

I don't usually drink it in the evening, but even when I do I sleep like a baby
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby deltic » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:31 pm

I like drinking my Coffee in the morning and sometimes the odd occasion in the afternoon as well. Douwe Egberts strength 3 and Kenco Rich are mostly what i have.
deltic
Roadie

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:32 pm

^ Talk Talk fan? :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:33 pm

LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:07 am

I've never really been a coffee person but lately I've started to like black coffee in the morning, no sugar or milk/cream..just dark :o
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby nekoocz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:11 pm

MusicRecords wrote:I've never really been a coffee person but lately I've started to like black coffee in the morning, no sugar or milk/cream..just dark :o
and do you think you are the first one who ever tried that? :lol:

I quit sugar some time ago, I put a little only when the coffee is bad.
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:20 pm

coffee is disgusting, sry folks. so bitter bah.
stevyy
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:31 pm

Coffee is great
And some blends arent bitter at all!
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby Madgefan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:48 am

stevyy wrote:coffee is disgusting, sry folks. so bitter bah.
Stevyy you just need to find the right one :) Not that I'm a coffee 'pusher' or anything but there's so many different beans from all over the world you can grind yourself. There's bound to be one you might like, so many subtle flavours. Just avoid Instant, that is disgusting and doesn't deserve to be called coffee 8-)
It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is
Madgefan
Superstar

Postby hotMCfan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:58 pm

I am now a coffee lover. I seriously missed 22 yrs of my life hating it.
hotMCfan
Superstar

Postby Muzikritik » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:18 am

I love coffee. It is beyond legit.

5 years of living in the UK couldn't turn me on to tea.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:18 am

Starbucks are finally opening their first Italian branch in Milan, but will it work? Perhaps with tourists but I can't see Milaneses going for it
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Nackar » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:40 pm

^ Yeah, I can imagine them mostly going for those tourist dollars.

I just can't at the picture of someone going all the way to Italy on vacation and then getting their coffee at a STARBUCKS :lol:

Anyhoo, I love coffee. Need my fill every day. Black, every time. Espresso mostly.
Nackar
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:57 pm

SholasBoy wrote:Starbucks are finally opening their first Italian branch in Milan, but will it work? Perhaps with tourists but I can't see Milaneses going for it
It will work for sure, at least in Milan. Milaneses are different from the rest of Italian people, they will go there for sure cause Starbucks is considered "cooler" than Italian coffee. I don't think I'll go there often myself, as I don't like their coffee and I fear Starbucks could monopolise the system of local bars that we have now.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby MrDiva » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:05 pm

Nackar wrote:^ Yeah, I can imagine them mostly going for those tourist dollars.

I just can't at the picture of someone going all the way to Italy on vacation and then getting their coffee at a STARBUCKS :lol:

Anyhoo, I love coffee. Need my fill every day. Black, every time. Espresso mostly.
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:18 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:
SholasBoy wrote:Starbucks are finally opening their first Italian branch in Milan, but will it work? Perhaps with tourists but I can't see Milaneses going for it
It will work for sure, at least in Milan. Milaneses are different from the rest of Italian people, they will go there for sure cause Starbucks is considered "cooler" than Italian coffee. I don't think I'll go there often myself, as I don't like their coffee and I fear Starbucks could monopolise the system of local bars that we have now.
Oh interesting, I used to work at a coffee shop years ago ran by a guy from Milan and he tried to replicate what you guys have over there, he was so anti-Starbucks and said it wasn't real coffee. It used to be full with all the local Italians. I learnt so much more about coffee there than I ever did working at Starbucks
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby SholasBoy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Nackar wrote:^ Yeah, I can imagine them mostly going for those tourist dollars.

Yeah if I was visiting Milan there is no way I'd be getting my coffee at a Starbucks, but tourists like things that are familiar to them
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby MonaBlissa » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:27 pm

Expresso makes me high!

But, I love a nice mild smooth coffee!
MonaBlissa
Manager

Postby MrDiva » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Espresso is LOVE
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby Nackar » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:37 pm

SholasBoy wrote:Yeah if I was visiting Milan there is no way I'd be getting my coffee at a Starbucks, but tourists like things that are familiar to them
To be honest, I'm not condemning it 100%. Sometimes when you're in a different country (and you don't/barely speak the language) and you're tired and you just need to have a quick snack/drink, it's not always best to go for the "local experience". Sometimes it's just nice to know for sure what you'll be getting - although it can be surprising how much the same formula can differ between countries!

My first night in Tokyo after 24 hours of traveling and barely any sleep I ate at McDonalds, not at some hidden noodle bar :lol:. I saved that for when I was well-rested again.
Nackar
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:38 pm

SholasBoy wrote:
ArmyOfMe wrote:
Oh interesting, I used to work at a coffee shop years ago ran by a guy from Milan and he tried to replicate what you guys have over there, he was so anti-Starbucks and said it wasn't real coffee. It used to be full with all the local Italians. I learnt so much more about coffee there than I ever did working at Starbucks
There's a whole target of teenagers who love Starbucks just because they've been there once or twice when they were on holiday in London, and they've been demanding Starbucks in Italy for years now :P
We already have a sort of equivalent of Starbucks here and it's always packed with people, that's why I think Starbucks will succeed (at least in the first few years). Hopefully not at the expense of local bars, it would be terrible IMO.

Anyway, that's my stance about Starbucks coffee too :oops: I call it "dirty water" :oops:
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Crackiswack » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:54 pm

If Starbucks sucks, then what are good coffee places in AmericaAmerica? Also suggestions on coffees I should try??( ie. Latte, espresso)

So far I drink my coffee as 1/4 coffee, 2.5/4 milk, .5/4 sugar and creamer

And I always drink it before I go to bed :lol: :lol:
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Return to The Lounge