When you die...

Moderator: Spartan

 

What things happen when you die?

That's it, your soul dies.
9
26%
Eternal darkness while ability to think
0
No votes
Reborn into a new body
7
20%
Sex change if reborn?
2
6%
Species change?
0
No votes
Memories aren't kept :(
1
3%
Memories ARE kept :D
3
9%
Reunited with loved ones :)
7
20%
Heaven/Hell Christian beliefs
5
14%
You are a ghost walking around the world for eternity.
0
No votes
Above, but also able to see other ghosts.
0
No votes
Supernatural abilities, time travel etc.
1
3%
 
Total votes : 35

Postby nekoocz » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Yesterday I saw an interview with one czech performer, who experiences the clinical death ... Have you heard of that? She said she suddenly saw herself on the bed, like she was flying in the room and from the shock she experienced she was feeling calm.

Some time ago my sister told something similar, she experienced it when she was young. She was playing with her friends, they were running all over neighbours house. She felt she "knocked out of breath", she was in shock first trying to catch the breath, then she felt calm and she saw herself, the neighbout holding her in his arm and he punched her in her back and she started breathing again and came back.
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13249
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: London now

Postby Graham76man » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:16 am

jimmypages59 wrote:
Graham76man wrote:[
As you say "you believe" therefore as religion is simply a belief you must therefore have yourself sectioned.

It doesn't matter if you believe in any of it. Like death itself it happens. You go to that place after your heart has stopped beating.
I don't believe in religion, I believe that some other people believe in religion and I think that belief is madness. I am not saying belief per se, is madness or sectionable material, I am saying that having certain beliefs is sectionable material or madness. I think a lot of what you believe in is madness too.

It matters to me, that I don't believe in it. Like death, yes it happens that others think it happens, it does not mean I think it happens, just because others believe it does. I don't believe or think we go to any place, other than the ground or a furnace, when die.
I have highlighted the word believe in your statement because what you are arguing on is a belief. Like many religions belief is not based on any facts. In fact some religions want to brush away facts that challenge the view. For example it can be proved that the Christian God is actually the Sun, it's just that many thousand of years have passed that have hidden this fact away from them. Some even go as far as stating that the Earth is not millions of years old for the sake of sticking to the belief that the Earth was created in 6 days. But you Jimmy are no better then them and when presented with facts, such as a child saying that he was a World War Two fighter pilot and giving evidence to people who knew the man he was supposed to have been, but recalling events such as conversations with people who he has never met before and these conversations being confirmed by the people connected with the man in question. These are often not isolated incidents either. Professional people working in mental health fields and those involved in child development will often get these cases where the child is sick or is having problems at school. They also come from families who perhaps are religious or not as the case maybe. Some religious parents might even refer their child simply because what they believe in doesn't fit in with what the child has come out with or has been brought up to believe. Some therapists have doubts about dealing with child cases such as the above. Others had no reluctance to test these type of cases. But what they show is that something is happening to these kids that can't be explained by the fact that somebody has been reading a history book and doesn't remember reading it.
Presented with facts like these - you stick your head in the sand and say people just die.

Lastly I don't have a belief in these things. To me they are fact. Mr Newton has documented cases from all walks of life. It is possible for the subjects to be kept in the dark about what they have recalled in these sessions. However his studies are not alone in documenting the facts. Hospitals have patients experience these near death visions and people can recall them without having undergone any form of therapy or going to an hospital. Many who do experience them where not unlike yourself having no religious beliefs or the exact reverse. In some cases the person who undergone the experiences will change their religion or belief. Sceptics argue that these experiences are the product of oxygen loss, similar to what some pilots experience. However no pilot ever transformed their life through the lack of oxygen afterwards. And one thing that most NDE (Near Death Experiences) undergo is a major changes in their lifestyle. An example being such as packing in well paid jobs to do voluntary jobs. They also tend to loose any fear of death.
I have documented the experiences that opened my eyes to the facts on the Strange But True part of my blog. If you don't except them that's fine, but to call people mad is very poor thinking. It also shows your lack of understanding of history. For as much as you put religion down, it has been an important part in man's development. It was people with views like yours that sent millions of people to their death because of what they believed. They carried out experiments on them to see why they were like what they were. It wasn't that long ago that young children propped up doors in factories to earn a living, till religious people said that was wrong. It was religious people that argued that persons who had no money could have access to health, education and the food and clothes which they could not afford. That it should be paid for by the rich in taxes. Much of the UK government is based on it being Christian values, from the head of state to the MPs. Shouldn't they be sectioned? Many who work in the health services have Christian values. Doctors and staff who work in mental homes also will have beliefs that would require them to be sectioned under your rule.

The only thing that is likely to happen to you Mr jimmypages59 is that you will end up in the ground sooner than you think, when you get lynched by a bunch of obsessed religious maniacs for the belief you have that they are all mad :lol:
Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!
User avatar
Graham76man
Manager
 
Posts: 4560
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010
Location: Sheffield

Postby heppolo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:58 pm

when I die, that's it, my body's going to decompose unless I wish to be cremated (which I probably do)
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby menime123 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:18 pm

I know this is a bumped thread, but I felt compelled to reply.

I believe that when we die our souls are sent to be judged to see if it learnt enough to gain entry to heaven. If it hasn’t, our souls are returned to human form into a body that will allow our souls to experience new things, make better decisions and learn what it needs to learn. If it never learns, then it is doomed to an eternity outside of heaven, which by default is hell. But all souls can keep trying - and if you were the very worst person in one life, your soul has unlimited chances to prove its worth. But some never will.

When I die, I don’t believe my own conciousness will live on. I believe my soul retains my memories and experiences and takes them with it on its journey. It’s possible my conciousness is my soul, and that I’ve blocked out all knowledge of last lives until this life ends, but if it’s not my life is a part of my soul, I’m okay with that.

I believe it is possible for our souls to recognise each other, and that when we are naturally drawn towards certain people in life and we build friendships that just instantly work, it’s because our souls have already met and the groundwork already laid.

I also believe that our level of intelligence derives from how many times we’ve been here before. Some people are very obviously brand spanking new, whilst some just seem to know stuff without every really learning it. I also believe that we are drawn to historical periods because we lived through them.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 8855
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby Wayne » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:20 pm

I can’t deal with this topic.

I struggle with the idea of mortality - I fear death so much.
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 46848
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby DOSSOME » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:21 pm

When I die, I die
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
User avatar
DOSSOME
Superstar
 
Posts: 9986
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013

Postby Goldmoney » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:40 am

I hope there’s more out there than just being entombed for eternity.
User avatar
Goldmoney
Legend
 
Posts: 15643
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009

Postby ludichris » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:50 pm

When the money talks, what is there to say?
Blow away, watch it blow away
When I die can't take it to the grave
Life ends in death
So, there's nothing wrong with
Being good to yourself
Be good to yourself for once!
These lyrics sum up my thoughts on the subject. My advice would be to enjoy your life while you can and make dough! There's nothing after this so make money boys!!
User avatar
ludichris
Manager
 
Posts: 4036
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010
Location: London

Postby menime123 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:02 pm

Wayne wrote:I can’t deal with this topic.

I struggle with the idea of mortality - I fear death so much.
Why?

I appreciate death is a scary concept, that hardly anyone wants to die and that there’s never a convenient time for it, but as it’s the only guarantee in life don’t you think it’s wise to face up to it? I find comfort in having firm beliefs on what I think happens next, and it helps me quite a lot when someone dies - I take a lot of comfort believing my loved ones are out there and that we are destined to reconnect again eventually.

I know this sounds silly because it’s from Harry Potter, but it’s one of my all time favourite quotes:

J.K.Rowling wrote:Dumbleore: After all, to the well-organised mind, death is but the next great adventure
I was a kid when I read that and even though it’s from a work of fiction, I believe it whole heartedly.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 8855
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Wayne wrote:I can’t deal with this topic.

I struggle with the idea of mortality - I fear death so much.
Yeah, everyone want to go to heaven but nobody wants to die :lol:
User avatar
MusicRecords
Superstar
 
Posts: 9561
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012
Location: New York City & Vienna

Postby menime123 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:16 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
Wayne wrote:I can’t deal with this topic.

I struggle with the idea of mortality - I fear death so much.
Yeah, everyone want to go to heaven but nobody wants to die :lol:
Yet the irony is no one ever wants to live forever.

Except me. I’d quite happily live forever and have no intentions of departing. I want to see it all.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 8855
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby Mythos » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:17 pm

Circle of Life, you go back to where you came from... to Mother Earth. You as that person cease to exist, but you become part of many other living things and so on.
But honey I'll be seein' you down every road...
User avatar
Mythos
Manager
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011
Location: Germany

Return to The Lounge