The Random Thought Thread

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby BlueScorpion » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:49 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Lmao Triumphant says hello....just because she plans a single for one of her albums and it ends up flopping and she forgets about it pretending it never happened doesn't mean it was never there :lol: it was intended to be a lead single but since it flopped she didn't put it anywhere...cheater cheater
"Triumphant" was a stand alone track for summer. It's never been considered a lead single.
MrLeonix wrote:
"Through the rain", the lead single from her studio album "Charmbracelet" flopped (#81 on the Hot 100).
... in the US, though it sold well as stevyy successfully pointed. It was a great hit for her in Europe.

MrLeonix wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:Tell 'em! :lol: :lol:
And I'm not sure if "#Beautiful" can pass as a lead single to be honest, it was more of a stand alone single released like a year before she even had an album, the song was later added to the album which lead single was "You're mine (eternal)" which also flopped.
#Beautiful was always meant to be the lead single due to the American Idol deal but the album came out late for being postponed several times. Mariah's camp stated to Billboard and several other outlets a CD was in the way shortly after Idol so let's not act as if she included it last minute for a cover up.
Hot like the real fever (the real Diva)
So successful yet still so eager
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Wayne wrote:
LongingHeart wrote:What is it about the „new generation“ or the instagram generation ... people just loooooove to call people flops, they loooooove to downplay the success of people, of legends. Why so hateful? Why so insecure, doesn’t your fave fulfill you with enough joy? Why so eager to point out when or how someone failed in their carear?
Ya‘ll look so dumb, you go listen to your pop music puppets and hopefully you‘re not that dumb in real life or you‘ll get your ass whooped if you meet the wrong people.
Think he's talking about you Nick...
I know, he's (she?) always been shady towards me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Instagram generation= I have my insta on my signature

Pop music puppets= liking Tayloo and Katy

Just grow some balls and be clear next time honey :lol: if u wanna say something about me call me by my name or username :P
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Wayne » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:51 pm

There will be no talk about growing balls thank you.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:53 pm

While in the short term I think it will be We Belong Together, I think in the long term, AIWFCIY will be what people most know her for. Fifty years from now, you'll still hear that one being played. Adding a song to the Christmas canon is no joke.
Vote for songs in the Summertime Madness Tournamentr!
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby EAI » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Downplay All I want for Christmas is you all y'all want but she it's a song she wrote in 15 minutes and collected 65m+ off of it so far. And she will continue to make millions off it every year.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby grooveboy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Such an amazing cover!
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby TIfan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Lord what did I start
Lolololol
TIfan
Legend

Postby Wayne » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:11 pm

EAI wrote:Downplay All I want for Christmas is you all y'all want but she it's a song she wrote in 15 minutes and collected 65m+ off of it so far. And she will continue to make millions off it every year.
Nobody's downplaying the success of the song though.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby stevyy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:13 pm

cheapthrills wrote:While in the short term I think it will be We Belong Together, I think in the long term, AIWFCIY will be what people most know her for. Fifty years from now, you'll still hear that one being played. Adding a song to the Christmas canon is no joke.
... but it doesn't count, I hear. People will be listening to the song and ask themselves... who is that singer? Muraieh, Mirahei, Crae, Crarie? What's her name again?

but then... everyone will be like, let's specifically look for Céline's, Madonna's and Whitney's music... because their music isn't bigger than the artist. :lol:
stevyy
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:18 pm

stevyy wrote:
cheapthrills wrote:While in the short term I think it will be We Belong Together, I think in the long term, AIWFCIY will be what people most know her for. Fifty years from now, you'll still hear that one being played. Adding a song to the Christmas canon is no joke.
... but it doesn't count, I hear. People will be listening to the song and ask themselves... who is that singer? Muraieh, Mirahei, Crae, Crarie? What's her name again?

but then... everyone will be like, let's specifically look for Céline's, Madonna's and Whitney's music... because their music isn't bigger than the artist. :lol:
It definitely counts. People have only heard of Wizzard, Shakin’ Stevens, Mud, Sledge mostly because of their one Christmas song.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Wayne » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:19 pm

stevyy wrote:... but it doesn't count, I hear. People will be listening to the song and ask themselves... who is that singer? Muraieh, Mirahei, Crae, Crarie? What's her name again?

See, this is why nobody takes you serious. :lol:

We were talking about the song in the context of her current career - that song is not representative of Mariah's current career, perhaps calling it "bigger" is the wrong way to describe it. Maybe the word "independent" would be better.

Nobody has at any point denied that it's a classic or a successful song.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby BlueScorpion » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:25 pm

stevyy wrote:
OMG I actually found this hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:27 pm

BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby EAI » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Wayne wrote:
EAI wrote:Downplay All I want for Christmas is you all y'all want but she it's a song she wrote in 15 minutes and collected 65m+ off of it so far. And she will continue to make millions off it every year.
Y'all are downplaying her role in it. Trying to disassociate Mariah from her own song.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:41 pm

We love everybody.
RayRay
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:42 pm

EAI wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Y'all are downplaying her role in it. Trying to disassociate Mariah from her own song.
Don’t have a lamb, man.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Wayne » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 pm

EAI wrote:Y'all are downplaying her role in it. Trying to disassociate Mariah from her own song.
Trying to disassociate it from her success as a current artist - there's a difference.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby TIfan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:46 pm

It might not sell much nowadays but Whitney's IWALY is still being heard on many formats even today. It is the most performed song at awards shows, and Xtina will more than likely continue the tradition.
TIfan
Legend

Postby RayRay » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Wayne wrote:
EAI wrote:Y'all are downplaying her role in it. Trying to disassociate Mariah from her own song.
Trying to disassociate it from her success as a current artist - there's a difference.
It is very much part of her as a current artist. She just did a movie inspired by the song.
RayRay
Legend

Postby stevyy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 pm

RayRay wrote:
Wayne wrote:
It is very much part of her as a current artist. She just did a movie inspired by the song.
+ she has a residency called after it, since 2014... and an international christmas tour which is about to start...

It is such a double standard... that some people try to rip her own song from her and make it something different other than her's only to prove that without it, her annual commercial appeal would be significantly lower... but can't that be said about all of her catalogue and all of all the other artists catalogue. If we take away their biggest hits or albums... what is left of all of them? We do not do the same in the field of acting btw.. we do not say that classic TV or film characters can be imagined without the person that was portraying them.

having the biggest selling Christmas single since Wham's Last Christmas and one of the biggest genre classics of all times is a part of her legacy and her appeal as a current artist... all of her music benefits from this one song. Her catalogue always spikes in sales due to the popularity of the song and therefore the popularity of the artist.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Shorty » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:54 am

Yo guys :D

I'm back! (again lol) I know I'm so in and out these days it's ridiculous but ya know, my life has been up and down what with the hit and run and all. But good news! I'm like 85% back to normal!!! :D I've been at physio since July and I can finally use my right arm again :lol:

It does ultimately mean I've wasted the entire second half of 2017 cos I couldn't work, but what can you do?

My 2018 is gonna be a lot better I just know it. Already got plans in place to go to New Orleans for Wrestlemania 34 so woo! :D

Also this place has changed a bit, quick reply box added since I was last here :lol:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 am

Shorty wrote:Yo guys :D

I'm back! (again lol) I know I'm so in and out these days it's ridiculous but ya know, my life has been up and down what with the hit and run and all. But good news! I'm like 85% back to normal!!! :D I've been at physio since July and I can finally use my right arm again :lol:

It does ultimately mean I've wasted the entire second half of 2017 cos I couldn't work, but what can you do?

My 2018 is gonna be a lot better I just know it. Already got plans in place to go to New Orleans for Wrestlemania 34 so woo! :D

Also this place has changed a bit, quick reply box added since I was last here :lol:
Glad to know you're doing better hun, hope you recover quickly and I like your confidence and determination! :D :D And yes best wishes for 2018
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:05 am

stevyy wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:stevyy trying to cover up all the shade Mariah is getting :lol:
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/32/480x240/landscape-1470732999-pokemon-go.gif
darling, you need to be a little bit nicer to me. :cry: (quoted from Mariah Carey, 2005)
Love ya! :lol: <3
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Colbie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 am

Glad your back sweetie!
Also glad to hear your doing better!
Yeah it just changed a few days ago!
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:15 am

Hi Meg, pleased to see you’re going okay and good to have you at UKMIX again!
Wayne
Administrator

Return to The Lounge