What do you study/is your profession?

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby Erotica » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:35 pm

First: Early Education
Now: inclusive and curative pedagogy
then: we will see ^^
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Thriller » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:17 pm

I graduate a week today! Primary Education BA Hons with QTS, after 4 long but amazing years at uni.

I've kinda already started my job as I've been going in for the odd day over the past month but I officially start on 1st September as a class teacher. I went in to school on Monday to spend the day with my class-to-be and now I'm well excited!
Thriller

Postby Guru » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:42 am

biscuits wrote:Bachelor's degree: English Language & Sociology
Master's degree: TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
Job: EFL Teacher (English as a Foreign Language)
Nice :P
But what is English as a Foreign Language? I can only picture someone speaking broken engrish cause it's not their first language :lol:

Some a ya'll are so intelligent. I need to get mah ish together! But I try and work for an airline in the IT department :oops:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby abi » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:16 pm

I'm an illustrator/graphic designer. (see my portfolio on my signature)

I just finished college and the graduation will be held in a few weeks. Ah yeah, and I studied Visual Communication Design. :P

And I want to improve my English speaking so bad, like, everytime I speak English there's always this small pause between each sentence because I have to think first of what I'm gonna say. I'd love to take a class maybe but I'm not sure.
abi
Legend

Postby Serby » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:35 pm

abi wrote:And I want to improve my English speaking so bad, like, everytime I speak English there's always this small pause between each sentence because I have to think first of what I'm gonna say. I'd love to take a class maybe but I'm not sure.
I was like this when I first time needed to make real-life convos in English, but once you get somewhere where you need to speak English, you'll need a 2-3 days to get used to speaking it. I think I'm quite 'fluent' nowadays and I use it almost every day.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby UKMusicLova » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:41 pm

I graduated two years ago ( :cry: ) from my Marketing degree and have been working at an advertising agency for about 20 months
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Serby » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:42 pm

I just finished my German course few weeks ago (after 3 semesters) and got my B2 level certificate, so now I'm finally able to start studying from this October. 8-) I will study BA Sociology and I'm soooo terrified, like, I need to study in a foreign language that I couldn't speak at all just year and a half ago and to study something so theory heavy like Sociology with all the terminology, but I shall see.

Wayne wrote:I'm a Store Manager for Sainsbury's [the UKs second biggest retail chain by sales], having worked my way up from Team Leader in the last 4 years [it was actually my year anniversary with the company yesterday]; prior to this, I was a duty manager for a bar and at the same time studied Sociology @ University.
biscuits wrote:Bachelor's degree: English Language & Sociology
We have something in common! :lol: How was it, studying Sociology and all? I don't remember you, Wayne, mentioning it? And how on Earth you do what you do with Sociology degree? Or is unrelated and you got your promotion the other way? huehue
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Chun » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:48 am

Since Timmy is away and I will not get stalked (it's a joke, Timmy, you won't find me), I studied Sociology and now I work in the Psychology department.
Chun
Legend

Postby Noahh » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:48 am

I'm part-time hoe and it's great.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby abi » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:06 am

Serby wrote:
abi wrote:And I want to improve my English speaking so bad, like, everytime I speak English there's always this small pause between each sentence because I have to think first of what I'm gonna say. I'd love to take a class maybe but I'm not sure.
I was like this when I first time needed to make real-life convos in English, but once you get somewhere where you need to speak English, you'll need a 2-3 days to get used to speaking it. I think I'm quite 'fluent' nowadays and I use it almost every day.
Yeah, but the thing is no one here speaks English. :lol: So, ever since a few weeks ago, I decided to practice by myself by pretending that I'm being interviewed... by myself, alone, in my room. Sounds desperate but at least I try. :lol: I think my speaking is getting better though I tend to mess up the grammar when I try to speak fast. Do people there use English in everyday life, Serby?
abi
Legend

Postby Serby » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:21 am

abi wrote:Yeah, but the thing is no one here speaks English. :lol: So, ever since a few weeks ago, I decided to practice by myself by pretending that I'm being interviewed... by myself, alone, in my room. Sounds desperate but at least I try. :lol: I think my speaking is getting better though I tend to mess up the grammar when I try to speak fast. Do people there use English in everyday life, Serby?
It all happened when I moved to Austria and I knew about zero German, so English was the only way. Other than that, I abrely ever has chance to use English in spoken form (minus the English classes, but that doesn't count).

And don't worry, I talk to myself in different languages all the time, especially German now since I'm back in Serbia and I must not let my German go away in these 3 weeks. :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby BillyBlitzkid » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:51 pm

I am a teacher in the fields of special needs education (subjects German and English) and I LOVE IT! <3
Many miles many roads I have traveled
Fallen down on the way
Many hearts many years have unraveled
Leading up to today
BillyBlitzkid
Manager

Postby luckyONE » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:08 pm

I had my final exams exactly one week ago.

If I don't fail (which I don't think since the exams were pretty easy for me), I'll be a "Bachelor Of Laws" in September! :wink:
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby DOSSOME » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:31 pm

I studied journalism and Media but work as an actor
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby grooveboy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:34 pm

hugo wrote:Still studying Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Cool. I'm a pharmacist and I work in a public pharmacy
What are your plans when you finish your study? 8-)
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby RunDevilRun » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:30 am

I work at a bank.
to the infinity and Beyoncé.
RunDevilRun
Manager

Postby Brunosbabe » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm finishing my master degree in psychology and starting to study English language this October! I am beyond excited!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
DANITY KANE
Brunosbabe
Personal Assistant

Postby Formusic » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:26 am

My major is Financial Markets, graduated last year after an internship at Ernst & Young and now jobless :lol:

I'm trying to make my own business as I'm good at IT and coding too, can't accept the fact to become just a piece in someone else's puzzle :lol:
The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.
Formusic
Manager

Postby biscuits » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:43 am

I wanna change profession.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Guru » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:54 am

biscuits wrote:I wanna change profession.
What are you thinking about?
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby MigraineSky » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:21 pm

I'm studying linguistics and literature at my university :) I like literature much more, I also like writing so I think that my career will be connected with this :) I try to improve my skills working as a copywriter but I'm not sure that I'll build my career exactly in this sphere :)
MigraineSky
Groupie

Postby MusicLover88 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:26 pm

Still trying to get into med school cuz I'm dumb.
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:01 pm

Update

First: Bachelor Early Education
Then: Bachelor Inclusive and curative pedagogy
Now: Master Special Education
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:30 pm

1. Abitur (2005)
2. Bachelor of Arts (2012)
3. Master of Education (2014)
4. Referendariat aka 2nd state degree in education (2016) <--- currently there.
5. working as a teacher.

special achievements:
1) author for the Grin Verlag, publishing my old term papers which people have actually bought
2) UHH (University of Hamburg) research prize for best students research 2014: "Wkipedia and the influence on teaching"
3) Member of the research team: Bachelor of Art 2012, "teachers professionalism" as published by the UHH
4) voted best teacher of the world by my 7th grade students in 2016. :cry:
stevyy
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:10 pm

^ Haha I'm selling my thesis at Grin as well :lol:
Looks like I found my way home
KokoCollino
Superstar

Return to The Lounge