Internet & Technology
1%
Artists & Promotion
No votes
TEST
No votes

Total votes : 153

Postby stevyy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:59 am

ARE you also a member of other general music forums? If so, which ones?

How do they compare to UKMIX?

Do they offer something you secretly wish would be also implemented on UKMIX?
Last edited by stevyy on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Shorty » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:06 am

Nope.

The only other forum I post on is a wrestling/WWE forum. I limit my stupid wrestling related ramblings to there instead of here :lol:

Back in the day when I first joined UKMIX, I used to post on Popjustice as well as here, but PJ got lame as hell, so I abandoned it.
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby abi » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:13 am

I used to be on ATRL, but they banned me because of multiple account. I still like to visit that site only to looking for some good laugh, music news & K-Pop updates, but overall, the site is very messy and the members are very dramatic & ratchet. I'm a calm person so I prefer UKMIX by far. :lol:

I'm a member on Pulse Music Board too, not really active. I think it's best to look for updates like radio adds & charts or something even though I rarely visit it nowadays since I don't really know the members there. So, prefer UKMIX by far.

The Coli, a Hip-Hop forum, not really a member but I usually go there when I need more rap songs recommendation.

So basically, the only music forum where I'm active at is UKMIX.
abi
Legend

Postby Colbie » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:49 am

Have never been on another forum.
Ukmix is my one and only! ♡
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:29 am

Yes 8-)

You can embed tweets and instagram posts there, which is kind of useful. It also has the "like" button, but I don't use it, not to mention the huuge list of emoticons.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Yoshie » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:47 am

:lol:

I used to be a member of Chart Refugees which was retitled to The Music Room, but now I can't even remember the URL. I also used to post at Haven and Flop of the Pops for a bit, lol. I started posting at Buzzjack in the last few months, and UKMIX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(occ.) Buzzjack
Yoshie
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:05 pm

I am on:

39,027 - UKMIX (2005-)
806 - ATRL (2009-)
750 - Buzzjack (2007-)
417 - PULSE (2008-)

i have to say that UKMIX remains the best among the 4 bc we are close with PULSE and therefore also have a great Charts section. Our members are nicer than those on ATRL (who steal our chart infos) and BuzzJack are like our cousins.. very nice also.
stevyy
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:11 pm

I don't use anything else. But I think ukmix has its problems and imperfections
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby flopho » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:12 pm

stevyy wrote:those on ATRL (who steal our chart infos)
Because we obviously don't steal anything from ATRL.
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:15 pm

fpfbm54 wrote:
stevyy wrote:those on ATRL (who steal our chart infos)
Because we obviously don't steal anything from ATRL.
we steal the gossip which is true. but at least we contribute something of worth to the internet vaults in general. I like ATRL tho. It knows no rules. However, the people still act like its 1995 sometimes. too many teenagers on the site as well.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Yeah there are also some ukmixer who steal chart infos from other side which is actually very sad but oh well...

I'm only on Ukmix, that's enough for me :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:35 pm

Oh boy,I've tried them all from Rap-Up to That Grape Juice to Perez (yeah haha) to UKMIX.As I got older,i found UKMIX to be alot maturer than the others.I tried ATRL but it's too messy,i haven't even posted once on that place ever since i got my account
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby samra » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:39 pm

Currently I'm only active on UKmix and it is by far the forum that I have been most active on. Other places I have an account:

ATRL: Pretty much never post but I visit the site daily because news usually breaks there first and the celebria section is always good for a laugh and to keep up to date with the goings on in pop. Made an account in 2011, forgot all my details so I made a new one in 2014. I enjoy reading the messiness tbh.

Breatheheavy: Used to visit the site quite often but it's changed a lot and there's not a lot to discuss in the way of Brinty these days so I don't visit it much... lol Made an account in 2012, I think I'm barely at 50 posts. There's only so many times you can discuss the conservatorship, the reasons behind her lack of passion, how badly she should work with Danja, etc. over and over again. :lol:

Rihannadaily: Made an account when they reopened their forums last year but it was really dead and I posted for like 2 days before I stopped. :lol: It appears they've reset the forum again and my account no longer exists... :o :lol:

I've been on several non-music related forums but only for a few months before I got bored.
Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE
samra
Superstar

Postby trebor » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:15 pm

PULSE
Has the best Country forum around... and my fellow country posters are extremely knowledgeable. This is basically the only reason why I'm there.
Spend more time on UKMiX, though: and my post count is greater too, here. 2531 vs. 1831

Two PULSE features which I'm missing here: the "Like" button and the ability to generate tables for the charts section, etc.
UKMiX has that extra Euro vibe which makes it unique and less US-centric (No offence!); and the UKMiX Charts Analysis section remains unchallenged [my favourite sub-forum].
trebor
Legend

Postby Graham76man » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:05 pm

I'm on Buzzjack and Haven too.
I must say that UKMIX is the best site so far, especially design wise.
Those awful banners at the bottom of the posts on Buzzjack are annoying beyond belief :evil: Especially the one from Big Bang! Cushion thing :wink:
NEVER have those on UKMIX PLEASE. I don't like the red design of Haven too.

They seem more intellectual on Haven (the members) than on here (sorry guys)...

Buzzjack people are nuts about Radio One :roll: Which probably means those that invent the Radio One threads are the families of the people who work at Radio One :wink: :lol:

ATRL - never heard of that one.
The Pulse - I thought that used to be Radio Station in Bradford :lol:
Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!
Graham76man
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:33 pm

I'm a member of three non-UKMix sites.

MyIdol: I joined in early 2008 and made about 12,000 posts in my first year alone. I had a great time there, but I used to get suspended (their version of short-time bans) a lot for very trivial reasons (mostly for advocating for votes for Jordin, Adam, and a handful of others in the million and one polls and games we used to have; in hindsight, this was probably stanning). :lol: I think I got tired of having to request reinstatement and a lot of my friends were moving to other sites, like IdolForums, and a site that one of my friends created, the name of which escapes me right now. Anyway, I haven't been on in years, though I remember being completely confounded by the layout the last time I logged on.

ATRL: Joining this was actually an act of rebellion against UKMix, with all the bans we had in 2012/2013. I think I have about 200 posts (after joining in mid-2013), but I mostly just browse to laugh at the members' ridiculous comments. However, I must give ATRLers credit because, although they're known for their immaturity and classlessness, a lot of them make really intelligent posts and some pretty deep discussions take place amongst all the stereotypical ATRL trash.

TrackandFieldNews: I joined this site last year because UKMix doesn't have a big track fanbase. It's great for track and field discussions, easily better than LetsRun and the other track and field fan sites.

However, UKMix is still my favourite forum, even after all the controversial bannings, periods of only five to eight active members outside the chart analysis sections, and the Jimmy era.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:37 pm

Years ago I was but I've forgotten the logins now, the only other general music site I post on occasionally is the Digital Spy forum.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:52 pm

No. How do you think I have 60,000 posts here...
Thriller

Postby theArmy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:09 pm

Tansike wrote:Yeah there are also some ukmixer who steal chart infos from other side which is actually very sad but oh well...
looooooool, Alice :lol: :lol:
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby Erotica » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Only one English site and one German media forum, which has a music section too and also a German Britney page
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Erotica wrote:Only one English site and one German media forum, which has a music section too and also a German Britney page
This does springs this question to mind if any German brit fans are still available? The abysmal German britney sales are heartbreaking indeed.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:16 pm

Oh no! Read my Signiture and you would get my absolute love for UkMix. Life would be Utterly meaningless if there would be no UkMix to read everyday. I've been reading it every single day of my life for more than a decade now. Its like a newspaper full of awesome bits and pieces.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby AndiIversen » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:42 pm

stevyy wrote:ARE you also a member of other general music forums?
UKMix only 8-)
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby Shorty » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:46 pm

On the wrestling forum I post on (which is called Wrestling Forum, how imaginative :lol:), they have reputation and a like button. People can give you red or green rep for your posts. I have nothing but green rep on there :lol:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby DOSSOME » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:08 pm

Shorty wrote:On the wrestling forum I post on (which is called Wrestling Forum, how imaginative :lol:), they have reputation and a like button. People can give you red or green rep for your posts. I have nothing but green rep on there :lol:
Which wrestling forum is that?I've been looking for a good forum to discuss wrestling for a while.
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
DOSSOME
Superstar

Return to The Lounge