Dutch Language

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby toni_pest » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:08 pm

yeah weather def comes to mind. theres nothing really bothering me other than the bars and restaurants being really expensive, but the groceries are cheap so it evens out.
and i know its wrong and down with capitalism and all that, but i will never get used to the shops working till 6 and supermarkets till 8. after 8 is when all my munchies happen and its always too late
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby RayRay » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:13 pm

toni_pest wrote:yeah weather def comes to mind. theres nothing really bothering me other than the bars and restaurants being really expensive, but the groceries are cheap so it evens out.
and i know its wrong and down with capitalism and all that, but i will never get used to the shops working till 6 and supermarkets till 8. after 8 is when all my munchies happen and its always too late
So at what time do the supermarkets close in Croatia?

I lived in Singapore, where shops are open till late at night. When we returned to the Netherlands I really had to get used to opening hours here. I was like: "Okay, I'll just pop out to the shops." on Sundays or late at night. My mother would have to tell me: "This is not Singapore. The shops are closed." :lol:
RayRay
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:32 pm

the bigger ones are usually open till 22:00 in the winter, the smaller till 21 and then you have the tobacco shops, some of which are open the whole night. you have supermarkets open till midnight in the summer.
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Serby » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:49 pm

Oops, so a faulty plural there. Klinkers it is then.

Honestly spelling is one of the most difficult things about Dutch. Yoi can learn the rules and all, but I feel you cant ever be really sure. :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:51 pm

toni_pest wrote:the bigger ones are usually open till 22:00 in the winter, the smaller till 21 and then you have the tobacco shops, some of which are open the whole night. you have supermarkets open till midnight in the summer.
Same in Serbia. Took me good few years to get used to it. We have quite a few 00-24 small supermarkets too.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Return to The Lounge