Veganism (POLL ADDED)

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Can You Ever Imagine Yourself Going Vegan?

No, never.
61%
Yes, but not right now.
14%
Yes, I'm in a process of going vegan.
11%
I'm already vegan.
7%
Not really sure.
7%

Total votes : 28

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:21 pm

Rihab wrote:Y'all got any favorite vegan / vegetarian Youtube channels? I mean ones where they cook and share recipes, not film dying animals and ish.
No
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Serby » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:54 pm

Rihab wrote:Y'all got any favorite vegan / vegetarian Youtube channels? I mean ones where they cook and share recipes, not film dying animals and ish.
Yt/fb:

Edgyveg, happy pear, sarah's vegan kithen/cooking, avantgatde vegan, sweet potato soul, bosh (for junky vegan food)

Hmm, there's 100000 more, my YT/insta/fb is full of cooking pages. :lol:

Im try compile a list with link of all the biggest/best YT cooking channels that I follow. But it xould get veeery long. :lol: once you enter that world, it's only gets better as you will be getting more and more recommendations and you'll always be inspired. 8-)
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:01 pm

In case you want a critical, hated by everyone YT, probs my fave YTer, check Unnatural Vegan. :D
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Rihab » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Serby wrote:
Yt/fb:

Edgyveg, happy pear, sarah's vegan kithen/cooking, avantgatde vegan, sweet potato soul, bosh (for junky vegan food)

Hmm, there's 100000 more, my YT/insta/fb is full of cooking pages. :lol:

Im try compile a list with link of all the biggest/best YT cooking channels that I follow. But it xould get veeery long. :lol: once you enter that world, it's only gets better as you will be getting more and more recommendations and you'll always be inspired. 8-)
Thanks Serby, bist ein Schatz! :P

I only just signed up to Youtube (yes, I know it's 2018). :lol:
Rihab
Legend

Postby trebor » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:16 am

VEGAN 2018: The Film

trebor
Legend

Postby Serby » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:47 pm

^^ *honest lil' essay warning*

Okay, so I finally watched it and I will admit I shed a lil tear or two. :cry: :lol: it was maybe what I needed in this times where I can feel crazy in a world where no one wants to give a phuck and keeps ignoring an issue this big, important and dangerous. And one of the few that we can solve ourselves because we are the cause (though we're patly also unaware of the real reason we still eat animals).

People acting like veganism is extreme, while the way we live and eat now is gonna leave the planet in an awful conditions for our future and the future of the new generations to come. And people would rather ignore the reality behind their meals and ignore all the science and studies by leading health and enviromental organisations that are for once NOT funded by destructive industries like the egg, milk and meat ones.

And I am hot and bothered the way world expect vegans to keep everyone in their confort zone. It's so tiring to be tiptoeing and having to keep things PG-rated so that we can get fed the reality of our actions by little spoons and it's frustrating how slow we are reacting even though we know that we are driving ourselves into an awful future by 2050. All to not have to leave our bubble of comfort and make changes that don't keep you from caring and doing something about whichever other issue you care about.

What I did until one year ago and what most people keep doing still is way worse than some hurt feelings coming from a protective ourselves. And that people should stop acting like victims when in this relation of us eating animals, the ones suffering, being exploited and killed each and every second there is is not us. It's the animals.

And to finish, of all the people, sis Cardi has a great universal advice for us all:

*drops mic*
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:49 pm

*claps*
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Serby » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Also, I want to ask mods publicly to make me able to edit first post of this topic, as well as to be able to make polls if you all don't have anything against it!
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Serby wrote:Also, I want to ask mods publicly to make me able to edit first post of this topic, as well as to be able to make polls if you all don't have anything against it!
U think you're the coolest vegan here to take control or what hun? I think the honor should be given to Rihab or SummerPeur 8-)

jk...honestly I thought you were the creator of this thread :lol: you would def do good managing it :wink:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Serby » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Thanks. Mind explaining the claping? Is the sis again shady? :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Serby wrote:Thanks. Mind explaining the claping? Is the sis again shady? :lol:
50/50 :lol: :lol:

No lol I was serious, it was a reply to the *drops mic*
As you know I am by no means vegetarian/vegan but I do learn a lot from this thread :wink: and sometimes I seriously think about things and feel guilty :lol: keep it up :wink:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby trebor » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Serby wrote:Also, I want to ask mods publicly to make me able to edit first post of this topic, as well as to be able to make polls if you all don't have anything against it!
Done! (Thanks to @Wanye)
trebor
Legend

Postby Serby » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Yesss, thanks! :D
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Loose » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:32 pm

I love vegan raw cakes out of dates, cashew nuts and coconut cream.

This is seriously better than any of these multi-layered cakes.
It's handled. (Olivia Pope)
Loose
Legend

Postby Serby » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:42 pm

^^Dates are life!!!

Sooo, I decided to do a weekly (or so) poll on various questions to get a better picture of where UKmixers stand when it comes to veganism. Suggestions and discussion are welcome! That is, if anyone is interested at all :lol: so, let's see if this works!
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Poll: Vegan no
vegetarian, I tried :lol: :oops:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby toni_pest » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:46 pm

yes, but not rn. im doing my best with being a vegeterian tho
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Serby » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:47 pm

Please vote again cuz it will get reseted and I have to fix that missing period at the end of the last option. :oops:

edit: whooo, yes, I guess this bug got fixed and the votes are still there! :D
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby aRat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:53 pm

No I could never be a vegan, I could see myself as a vegetarian since I have had periods where I ate no meat or ate it very rarely. However I could never let go of Eggs and White Liquid :P
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby ludichris » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:35 am

I think being vegetarian is definitely the happy medium, which is what I'm moving closer towards. As of now I only consume meat once or twice a week which is a huge cutback since I previously ate it on a daily basis. I found the vegan diet too restrictive and also a nightmare to find choices when eating outside. Vegetarian is the right balance between being ethical, healthy and saving money.
ludichris
Manager

Postby Wayne » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:02 pm

Never to vegan.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Thriller » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Love cheese too much. And steak.
Thriller

Postby Serby » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:31 pm

So, some 6-7 months ago I posted this:

Serby wrote:
ANONYMOUS FOR THE VOICELESS IS AN ANIMAL RIGHTS ORGANISATION THAT SPECIALIZES IN STREET ACTIVISM.

OVER 3,955 DEMONSTRATIONS IN 628 CITIES/62 COUNTRIES, WE'VE CONVINCED AT LEAST 152,398 BYSTANDERS TO TAKE VEGANISM SERIOUSLY.
To which Rihab said:

Rihab wrote: It’s why I don’t think this sort of activism is ever going to have any measurable impact.
And these are the latest numbers:

Over 9,650 demonstrations in 847 cities across 79 countries WORLDWIDE, we've convinced at least 354,631 bystanders to take veganism seriously.
So, 220 new cities, 17 new countries and 200k+ new people who now might go vegan or will at least reduce their animal products intake on a significant level. 8-) jist through work of this one organisation and in 7 months or so. The change is coming for yall wigs, better glue them well!
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:33 pm

Also, expected results so far. Not sure how long should I keep it open and I anyway have many ideas for questions.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby aRat » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Serby wrote:Also, expected results so far. Not sure how long should I keep it open and I anyway have many ideas for questions.
"Since gheys suck on other men's meat, can they ever truly be considered vegan?"
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Return to The Lounge