Veganism (POLL ADDED)

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Can You Ever Imagine Yourself Going Vegan?

No, never.
62%
Yes, but not right now.
14%
Yes, I'm in a process of going vegan.
10%
I'm already vegan.
7%
Not really sure.
7%

Total votes : 29

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:49 am

^I love Arabic Mezze / hummus...but it’s def too much fat if u eat too much of it and should make u gain weight quick :lol: same thing with all those foods that have “good fat”...you can def gain weight if you eat too much avocado or nuts, for example.

Anyway, lately I’ve been so into vegetarian/vegan pastas...idk why when in the past I couldn’t live without a meat sauce on it...but I’ve been so into these veggie ones, they can be so creative and tasty
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Serby » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:32 pm

DnBLover wrote:I already have enough trouble gaining weight on a non-vegan diet.
But I would love recommendations ;)
I don't think that makes any difference, otherwise I'd be loosing weigh in the past 9 months and that has not been the case. :lol: but, seeds are fatty and cheap, nuts a bit more expesive and less eco friendly, but good sources of calories. My Buddha bowls have usually around 30-40g of protein per serving and maybe 800 cals or so, didn't count really.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:35 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Anyway, lately I’ve been so into vegetarian/vegan pastas...idk why when in the past I couldn’t live without a meat sauce on it...but I’ve been so into these veggie ones, they can be so creative and tasty
And that's the magic of cooking vegan. You really get creative. 8-) also, Vienna has so many vegan/vegetarian restaurants and just yesterday I read that 1% Austrians are vegan and 10% are vegetarian, making us one of the top countires internationally.

Check happycow website/app for veggie places/options, you'll be surprised how many there are in Vienna.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:53 pm

^bish please, I still resent you for our Veggiezz meet that you cancelled and we never did :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Serby » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:58 pm

Inb4hugo turnis this into Bey topic

be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby DnBLover » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:05 pm

I have been eating 3100kcal a day. The reason I say vegan would be unfeasible is because vegetables are very low in caloric content, and definitely lower than meat. I already eat high protein bread with a lot of seeds, and a lot of nutbars and seed bars. I love seeds btw.

But with one steak I add a lot of easy calories quickly, without having to eat a lot. For instance, earlier this year when I decided to go more vegetarian friendly, I lost weight. I really am not a person who likes to eat. I eat because I have to. Eating a lot of volume is not practical for me. I get anxious if I have to eat a lot (although with my new diet have been expanding my stomach capacity and it's getting easier).

So if you give me concrete examples of vegan food that's very high in caloric and protein content, I would surely like to try.

Eating meat for me is more about being convenient rather than pleasurable. I would swap all meat if I had alternatives. I'm really looking forward for plant-based burgers to become widely available.

On a different note, my girlfriend which would love to be vegan, went anemic when she tried to do it. She suffers from chronic anemia and so it is incredibly hard to maintain high levels of you are on a vegan diet, not eating blood. Iron is a true pain in the ass.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby DnBLover » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 am

Let's talk about honey.
How come some vegans are against eating honey?
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Serby » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Shortly, bees work their whole (short) lifespan for a tblsp of honey or so, that they would normally eat themselves to survive in winter. What happens is that we take the honey away for us, give them sugar water solution etc. Queens wigs get cut of so the colony doesn't fly away or they get burned aparently cuz it's sometimes cheaper to get a new colony then to keep the alive off season.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby DnBLover » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Honestly, I can't even begin to understand this one.
To survive in Winter is not necessarily true because in many places there are flowers all through the year that bees can feed on.

Second, honey production literally promotes bees being alive (which is awesome considering the decline in bees everywhere) as well as it has interest in maintaining the habitats so that bees feed on the flowers. For instance, in Portugal honey is associated with different flower types depending on the habitat, and so it helps maintaining certain native habitats like heather, for instance. Plus, I can assure you that honey is much better for the environment than food like avocados or any imported food. Again, local a million times over global.

Third, almost of vegetable crops use pesticides and herbicides, which kill not only bees but all insects. This includes alternatives such as maple syrup or agave.

Fourth, why do you distinguish between bees and all other insects killed for your food? Are mosquitos less important than bees? So exploring bees is not ok but killing insects for food production is?

5th, it tarnishes vegans and brands them as crazy to think they are worried about (some) insects.

6th the nervous system in insects is really underdeveloped. The wings have no nerves, they act on instinct and feromones. If you are going to think about insects, you open a true Pandora box.

In conclusion, honey is awesome as it promotes bees, maintains habitats, goes against herbicides and pesticides that otherwise kill a lot of species, is better for your health than artificial sugar and has a lot of minerals, is easy to get local (at least in Portugal). Also it requires minimal space to be produced and also provides food for certain birds like Bee-eaters or Honey Buzzards.
DnBLover
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Omg I'm sorry, I know bees are extremely important to us and all but that's a bit too much :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't really like honey though so i'm good in that I guess as I am with seafood (I don't eat it) 8-)
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Thriller » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:00 pm

How do you know if somebody’s vegan?
They’ll tell you.
Thriller

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:06 pm

Thriller wrote:How do you know if somebody’s vegan?
They’ll tell you.
:lol: :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Serby » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:11 pm

They’ll tell you.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: omg, never heard that one before!
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby jochen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:50 am

I couldñt do this

I am meat obsessed

But I like peoepl who can live as vegetarian
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby Loose » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Vegan food is delicious despite the fact someone eats meat!

I still doubt you get all the necessary nutrients just from plant-based food but without a doubt: vegan kitchen is among my favourites!
It's handled. (Olivia Pope)
Loose
Legend

Postby DnBLover » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:54 pm

Today I schooled some people who were trashing vegans. I mean, some things I don't agree with but the simple fact is vegans have much less impact on a non-vegan life than the opposite.
DnBLover
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:00 pm

jochen wrote:I couldñt do this

I am meat obsessed

But I like people who can live as vegetarian
This, even though I like to wind Serby up sometimes (which is too easy :lol:)

They’ll tell you.
True. :lol: :lol:

I have eaten a vegan meal before and it was alright, can't be dealing with stuff like tofu though.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:29 pm

They’ll tell you.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Loose » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:07 pm

I easily prefer a glass of chickpeas over pre-packed and processed meat from the supermarket.
It's handled. (Olivia Pope)
Loose
Legend

Postby BeeBoy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:24 pm

Loose wrote:I easily prefer a glass of chickpeas over pre-packed and processed meat from the supermarket.
Yes they can keep the antibiotics infested rags they call meat
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:30 pm

Ugh I relapsed for a day :(.

Been vegetarian for almost 10 years now, since I was like 12/13, and only just started to go 'vegan'. But I was for some awful reason I was CRAVINGGGGGGGGG (and I mean like cravvinnggggg) oysters in vinegar sauce and I had like 6 at this restaurant :cry: :cry:

(I'll repent to Serby later)
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby jochen » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:01 pm

I respect this

But I couldn't do this.
Vegetarian partly yes. But vegan?

It's expensive
It needs much much time and I doubt that it gives me the energy when I am building houses ectr
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:49 am

SummerPeur wrote:Ugh I relapsed for a day :(.

Been vegetarian for almost 10 years now, since I was like 12/13, and only just started to go 'vegan'. But I was for some awful reason I was CRAVINGGGGGGGGG (and I mean like cravvinnggggg) oysters in vinegar sauce and I had like 6 at this restaurant :cry: :cry:

(I'll repent to Serby later)
I’m pretty sure I’ve read somewhere that many vegans actually eat oysters, it’s one of those things that some consider vegan and others don’t....did a quick google search and many people consider them vegan because they don’t have a nervous system and can’t feel anything while others say not really because of some very specific components :lol: I think you’re fine sis
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Serby » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:58 am

MR is right, it's kinda gray zone. Actually, what might not have been vegan in this case is the vinegar. :lol:

Surely feels bad, but I'd say focus on future. One relapse doesn't change what you have been doing this whole time and it doesn't have to affect what you are fonna do, might actually even help you become stronger now. :D
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:02 am

Sis, but how about we talk about James Aspey? That man can have it.

Dunno bout you, but since going vegan, I find vegan men extra level sexy. Compassion mixed with passion is sexy af rrrrrgh.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Return to The Lounge