No
15%
Not sure
No votes

Total votes : 26

Postby trebor » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:46 pm

@Carbon
Try this to get you off your regular (dairy) milk chocolate

It tastes divine and (as far as I can remember) there's little (if any) difference to the dairy equivalent.
(For all other milk substitutes, I use oat drinks)

trebor
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Carbon wrote:Why is this “throwing meat-phobe ideas”, but raising kids to eat meat is not “throwing meat-eating ideas”? Because it’s a majority ideology, it’s fine?

That said, I’m still undecided about vegetarianism and veganism in children cause tbh I’m just not that informed to have an opinion. Serby feel free to educate me on this. :lol: from my layman knowledge so far, I’d say it’s probably better to feed them meat in early childhood, but again, maybe that’s also something we’re just taught and rarely question.
No difference, exactly. People take carnism as a normal state (cuz it is a prevalent ideology) and think raising your kids veg*n is bad just because.

When done properly, it is completely safe for kids to be fed a vegan diet. Surely needs some planning and dont see how is it any different than new parents who want their kids to eat healthy too. So, accordig to major health organisations, meat is not needed at all at any age or stage of life.

Funnily, one of the few instances when vegans make the headlines, it's irresponsible parents and health freaks who hurt kids by feedig them inedaquately, yet taking your kids to McDonald's ar age of 3-4 or feeding them diets that cause diabetes and obesity is just fine.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Serby wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:I have a traumatizing experience again a few days ago and it’s almsot making me turn to a vegetarian diet again....help
You could let your guard down and see if going vegeterian would bring you more of the positive or negative.

I remember really well feeling scared, for the lack of better word. The idea of giving up something for good was terryfing back then, but then I just tried and it worked. Listen to your guts, they seem to be sending you signals. :wink:
Lemme tell u, maybe you can advice me <3

A few days ago I was in Texas visiting my family for christmas. As I've told u all, they like to hunt animals...and this time it was no exception. My uncle went with my brothers to get some pig. Now, I don't eat pork anyway, but this to me was a bit traumatizing. They decided to bring the poor pig alive to the house...they didn't specifically hunt it themselves, but got it at some farm like type...they offered to kill it and cut it for them but they decided not to since they didn't want to get any blood in the truck. Anyway, they brought the poor pig on some kind of rope leash and the poor thing was crying/screaming. Idk if y'all have ever heard a pig in distress, but it sounds terrible and so loud! Like I'm pretty sure the pig knew something bad was up :( Anyway, I decide not to watch the killing because I felt so bad....but even when I was in the house I could hear the poor pig screaming outside...it was horrible. Apparently they killed it by stabbing it instead of shooting it (according to my uncle, it would be easier to just stab it than shoot a bullet in it :roll: ).....it was just awful. I could hear the poor pig making terrible sounds then those sounds fading away as it eventually died.

Anyway that wasn't it. Later in the day one of my brothers was bragging about how he helped kill it and randomly showed me a picture he took....it was of the poor pig cut open when my brother had sliced it...it was so bad, I almost threw up.

This has kinda been haunting me these past days, somehow I can't get over it...and like I said I don't eat pork, but seeing my family eating it after it was cooked and all kinda got me wondering, was all that even worth it? :(
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Benjamin » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:00 am

^ That sounds absolutely horrible. What a nightmare :(
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:02 am

Serby wrote:Great to hear that and what a great NY resolution! :D

If youfeel like it, this could be very helpful. It's for free and you can ask any question that comes to your mind.

https://veganuary.com

Or:

https://www.challenge22.com/challenge22/

I'm sure you can find much inspiration and new ideas there should you ever feel like it. Also feel free to ask me for any advices or help. :D
Aah thanks Serby! I will definitely check this all out. Thanks for the support, it's really appreciated :D

Thriller wrote:Go for it Benjamin! I’ll still be queuing in McDonald’s.
Haha go girl.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Carbon » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:20 pm

trebor wrote:@Carbon
Try this to get you off your regular (dairy) milk chocolate
I know it and it's yummy, but honestly I don't think it's too healthy either + it's expensive in Croatia so I couldn't do it regularly

for me it's not really about constant cravings (#kdlangpromo) as much as in random situations (mostly social) where I just want to have something everybody else is having (like a birthday party with a cake or pizza for example)
Carbon
Legend

Postby Serby » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:17 pm

Learning to say no in such situations was lrobably the last step in me going full veg. People be like 'mmm delicious, how can you, I could never, are you sure??" :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Loose » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:31 pm

I voted YES because I grew up with cats my entire life.

In addition, I choose the meat I am eating very carefully. I wouldn’t give up on it completely though but my diet consists of 80% plant-based protein by now.
It's handled. | My last.fm
Loose
Legend

Postby Rihab » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:25 am

I voted no. I'm happiest when animals don't get anywhere near me, let alone in me.

Way too many people call themselves 'animal lovers', but then go and buy tortured shredded animals at the supermarket for 1€ per kilo. A little hypocritical if you ask me. You like cats or dogs? That makes you a cat or a dog lover, not an animal lover.
Rihab
Legend

Postby Loose » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:09 am

I particularly like cats but I am most happy when animals live in their territory and don’t have to intervene with human beings as long as they don’t want to.
Loose
Legend

Postby Rihab » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:29 am

Loose wrote:I particularly like cats but I am most happy when animals live in their territory and don’t have to intervene with human beings as long as they don’t want to.
Yeah, I was thinking of people I know in real life when I wrote that, not you or any other Ukmixer in particular. They’ll tell you ‘aww I love animals, I want to adopt a stray dog from South America’ and you’re already like sure jan. But then you get a glimpse of their fridge and it’s like a freaking mass grave in there.
Rihab
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:56 pm

I don't like domesticated animals. I don't have a pet and I am so relieved I don't have one. I would never take in a dog.

I eat so little meat... that my meat consumption is going towards zero. But I have leather shoes. I love real leather shoes.

I love animals even tho I regularly kill spiders and flies when they enter my home.

But since I am a JUNI (june) kid, I always try to save ladybugs bc in German they are also known as Juni-Käfer.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Loose » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:07 pm

Rihab wrote:
Loose wrote:I particularly like cats but I am most happy when animals live in their territory and don’t have to intervene with human beings as long as they don’t want to.
Yeah, I was thinking of people I know in real life when I wrote that, not you or any other Ukmixer in particular. They’ll tell you ‘aww I love animals, I want to adopt a stray dog from South America’ and you’re already like sure jan. But then you get a glimpse of their fridge and it’s like a freaking mass grave in there.
As I said, my meat consumption is moderate and I do know where it comes from.

I do understand your concern though, people don’t see that their lifestyle is contradictory to what they’re preaching sometimes.
Loose
Legend

Postby trebor » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:06 am

trebor
Legend

Postby trebor » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:07 pm

New show on BBC One: Dirty Vegan

"Former Dirty Sanchez frontman turned endurance athlete and vegan Mathew Pritchard goes on a mission to make Wales healthier"

trebor
Legend

Postby Loose » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Vegan chocolate is so delicious!

My new culinary sin is a bag of Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Truffles each 2nd day.
Loose
Legend

Postby Serby » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Loose wrote:Vegan chocolate is so delicious!

My new culinary sin is a bag of Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Truffles each 2nd day.
I was never crazy bout choc tbh, especially not dark vegan ones, can"t even swallow them cuz I find them all too bitter/dry, unless it's in my cakes or cookies, then I love it! :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Loose » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:32 pm

I love it. Pure cocoa is such a treat.
Loose
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:38 pm

Serby wrote:

I was never crazy bout choc tbh, especially not dark vegan ones, can"t even swallow them cuz I find them all too bitter/dry, unless it's in my cakes or cookies, then I love it! :lol:
This sound so wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby aRat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:49 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
Serby wrote:

This sound so wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
SerbHoe strikes again.
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby Loose » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:19 pm

I made a delicious Jackfruit Curry from scratch the other day. That was vegan excellence.
Loose
Legend

Postby Serby » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:57 pm

Once in a lifetime I am NOT being a hoe and y'all try drag me. :lol: :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:59 pm

Loose wrote:I made a delicious Jackfruit Curry from scratch the other day. That was vegan excellence.
Yaaasss

Add mashed lentils or something for protein cuz jackfruit has none, though. :lol: also soy crumbles is great replacement for ground meat, has loooots of protein and is cheap af.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby DnBLover » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Recipe, please?

I have checked that Oatmilk is a close replacement to actual milk. I should try it.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Serby » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:45 pm

Will try find some recipe or Loose can share his!

I personally don't use often milks other than soy, but I do like oat milk. Reminded me of this amazing marketing:

You being in Norway, I asumme it is Oatly you were drinking?
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Return to The Lounge