Are you a risk averse person?

Moderator: Spartan

Postby Wayne » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:46 pm

Randomly thinking about this.

I would consider my self risk-averse - however, earlier I then just remembered that in my last job, I was so frustrated with it that I handed my notice in without having had a new job lined up (which I'm told is quite a risky thing to do :lol:) - thankfully, after some persuasion my boss talked me round. But generally speaking, I am a planner - I like methodology, I like structure and my brain works really logically so I feel as though generally speaking, I am a risk averse person. Anyway, I did this random risk test online and it fits my attitude to risk perfectly:

41/100

Sensation-seekers thrive on new, intense, and varied situations. Their personalities are associated with risk-taking because sensation-seeking drives individuals to seek out highly stimulating experiences, which often include risk. Sensation-seekers have strong positive reactions to intense stimuli. While there are many constructive aspects of this personality type, those with this trait often take more risks, are more impulsive, and become bored more easily. In certain ways, a sensation-seeking personality is an asset - such individuals thrive on stress, action, uncertainty, and challenge. In other ways, it is a liability - they may take outlandish risks. Low sensation-seekers, on the other hand, are reliable, can handle monotony, and prefer to sleep on their decisions. They avoid novel and stimulating experiences.

You scored in the mid-range in sensation-seeking. You need a moderate level of excitement and stimulation - not too little, not too much. You could probably handle both new situations and monotony, although neither extreme is ideal for you. Your moderate need for stimulation makes you a versatile employee.
Takes about 10 mins to do if interested: https://testyourself.psychtests.com/testid/2122

What about y'all? What's the riskiest things y'all have done?
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Serby » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Does making out in nature counts? :oops: :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:51 pm

Just like you, Wayne, just that I had a score of 33/100 :oops:
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby trebor » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:54 pm

It seems that the description is the same for all.
Score: 51
trebor
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:57 pm

trebor wrote:It seems that the description is the same for all.
Score: 51
Also 51
biscuits
The Diva

Postby stevyy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:12 pm

i want to become 150 y.o.
stevyy
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:24 pm

I think I wanna die around 50
biscuits
The Diva

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:34 am

Interesting test!

I took it, fully expecting a low score, but it was a bit lower than I expected. :lol:

24/100

Sensation-seekers thrive on new, intense, and varied situations. Their personalities are associated with risk-taking because sensation-seeking drives individuals to seek out highly stimulating experiences, which often include risk. Sensation-seekers have strong positive reactions to intense stimuli. While there are many constructive aspects of this personality type, those with this trait often take more risks, are more impulsive, and become bored more easily. In certain ways, a sensation-seeking personality is an asset - such individuals thrive on stress, action, uncertainty, and challenge. In other ways, it is a liability - they may take outlandish risks. Low sensation-seekers, on the other hand, are reliable, can handle monotony, and prefer to sleep on their decisions. They avoid novel and stimulating experiences.

Your relatively low score in sensation-seeking indicates that you don't often enjoy new and stimulating experiences. While you may take risks on rare occasions, you usually choose the well-traveled path. You probably prefer to work in a stable environment in which changes are made gradually, and with ample warning. You don't enjoy surprises, and rarely seek out situations with uncertain outcomes. Your risk-taking behavior is probably fairly limited.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:30 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Interesting test!

I took it, fully expecting a low score, but it was a bit lower than I expected. :lol:

24/100

Your relatively low score in sensation-seeking indicates that you don't often enjoy new and stimulating experiences. While you may take risks on rare occasions, you usually choose the well-traveled path. You probably prefer to work in a stable environment in which changes are made gradually, and with ample warning. You don't enjoy surprises, and rarely seek out situations with uncertain outcomes. Your risk-taking behavior is probably fairly limited.
Haha lol i got exactly the same results lol
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Fan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:08 pm

Generally speaking, I rarely take a risk. I'm the biggest planner, always have to be in control of the situation and can have difficulties when something doesn't go as said or planned.

But..

Serby wrote:Does making out in nature counts? :oops: :lol:
:lol: :oops:
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Guru » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:17 am

stevyy wrote:30

i want to become 150 y.o.
You're not far off :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 pm

I once did that and got all kinds of bug bites :x
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Serby » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:05 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
I once did that and got all kinds of bug bites :x
Sounds like crab louse. Eww. Sis.