Going to the toilet during lessons

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby Missjac » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:23 am

I teach yr 2 and never let children go to the toilet during lessons. Would you have a problem if this was applied to your child?
Missjac
Groupie

Postby Hugo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:29 am

Why won't you let the children pee? :cry:

They won't be paying any attention to what you're saying if they really have to go.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Missjac » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:33 am

They have playtime and lunchtime to go for a wee, they should use that time. The children never have to hold on more than a couple of hours.
Missjac
Groupie

Postby Hugo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:37 am

Missjac wrote:They have playtime and lunchtime to go for a wee, they should use that time. The children never have to hold on more than a couple of hours.
I just remember it being a cause for a lot of stress as a kid.

It's obvious that you can't have the kids leave and enter the classroom as they please, but to forbid it? It's too strict. Say it's supposed to be an exception, not the rule. Only for real emergencies, that will probably lower their anxiety which would otherwise contribute greatly to their disturbance and urge to go to the bathroom.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:43 am

Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Missjac » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:44 am

If they have been at break and lunch they shouldn't be bursting. If they haven't been and need to go that's their problem not mine.

One of the mums came in on Friday because I had made her little girl wait all afternoon and she had wet herself on the way home.
Why didn't she go before her journey home?
Missjac
Groupie

Postby Hugo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:49 am

Kids don't think about the consequences, they live in the now, you have to understand that. I don't think it's fair to treat them like adults, show them instead what it's like to be one to prepare them. Lord knows my favourite teachers were the more liberal ones, it's not that they didn't have any rules, but they remembered what it was like when they were kids. The ones that have already forgotten cannot be very good at their jobs.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:54 am

Wow u sound like a b**ch tbh, what if they’re feeling sick and really have to go all of a sudden? What if they don’t necessarily need to go right at break but later after? :-? I think it’s fine if they go and do their business and come back, sure if u catch them just skipping or wasting time that’s another thing but to deny then to use the restroom is just wrong imo
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:16 pm

I think children should just not ask for permission to go to the toilet, if they need to go they should just stand up and go without asking permission for it.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:01 pm

MrLeonix wrote:I think children should just not ask for permission to go to the toilet, if they need to go they should just stand up and go without asking permission for it.
This is unsafe, we need to know where they are at all times.

I love how you've signed up especially to post this topic :lol:

As a teacher myself, it's frustrating when children are asking to go to the toilet in lesson time because it disrupts their learning and it often sets a chain reaction - once one goes they all want to, especially in the afternoon! That said, you have to take it on a case by case basis. I think you can tell when a child is genuinely desperate and when they just want to waste some time. I tell my class to go at break and lunch but if they need to go in lesson time they can, but they need to make up two minutes at the next break time and stay behind to do two minutes of extra learning - it's interesting how they suddenly don't need it once they remember this.
Thriller

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Thriller wrote:This is unsafe, we need to know where they are at all times.

I love how you've signed up especially to post this topic :lol:
Well, I just meant there shouldn't be restriction, like if you have to pee you have to go and period, If I was a parent and would find out that my child was not allowed to go to pee I would drag hard the hell out of that teacher, especially if its one of those private schools where you pay :lol:
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:21 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Wow u sound like a b**ch tbh
My exact thoughts. :lol:

Well I understand it must be frustrating and as Thriller said might ignite a chain reaction which is also very upsetting but at the same time we can't strictly forbid children of going. That used to happen on my class and students would be peeing on themselves and it's so embarrassing when it happens. They need to be instructed this not the rule though and they can't use the time to burn it or text friends like I used to do :lol:
Hot like the real fever (the real Diva)
So successful yet still so eager
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Simon89 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:31 pm

Missjac wrote:If they have been at break and lunch they shouldn't be bursting. If they haven't been and need to go that's their problem not mine.

One of the mums came in on Friday because I had made her little girl wait all afternoon and she had wet herself on the way home.
Why didn't she go before her journey home?
Are you trolling, right?
Simon89
Roadie

Postby Odyssey » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:34 pm

Let them pee !!!
Odyssey
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:41 pm

In all honesty this is a question for your employer, not a bunch of randoms with a keyboard.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:42 pm

When you gotta go, you gotta go.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:43 pm

I think you need to question your life choices and personality if you don’t let 6 year-older pee when they need to.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:46 pm

Yoshie wrote:When you gotta go, you gotta go.
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:50 pm

The most bizarre topic I’ve seen in a long time.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Tbh I feel like this user isn’t even a teacher and just has some mental disgusting restroom fetish

What teacher in their right mind joins a music forum to talk about going to the restroom? :-? :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby heppolo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:23 pm

Well, when I was a pupil, there used to be some sort of an unwritten law for the teachers not to let too many pupils out simultaneously.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 pm

A mess.

I let my students go to the toilet during my classes, unless there's a written test.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Loose » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:20 am

Missjac wrote:Would you have a problem if this was applied to your child?
I'd be a nightmare of a parent. This I could assure you.
LIKE A WEAPON IN THE WRONG HANDS YOU COULD DO DAMAGE
Loose
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:43 am

Loose wrote:
Missjac wrote:Would you have a problem if this was applied to your child?
I'd be a nightmare of a parent. This I could assure you.
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby YouMakeMeFeel » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:33 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Tbh I feel like this user isn’t even a teacher and just has some mental disgusting restroom fetish

What teacher in their right mind joins a music forum to talk about going to the restroom? :-? :lol:
Restroom fetish? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imma use that restroom so hard.....YES!
Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack
YouMakeMeFeel
Manager

Return to The Lounge