The Random Poll Thread | On... Britain's Monarchy

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Would you favour Britain becoming a Republic or remaining a Monarchy?

Republic
42%
Monarchy
48%
Don't Know
10%

Total votes : 31

Postby biscuits » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Serby wrote:Not creepy. :lol:
The highlight of my week was seeing my crush strip :oops:

But I hated PE! I often used to 'forget' my PE clothes, so I still had access to the changing rooms but didn't actually have to do the PE.
TheRealest wrote:Chy tf plz biscuits girl
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Hugo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 pm

biscuits wrote:But I hated PE! I often used to 'forget' my PE clothes, so I still had access to the changing rooms but didn't actually have to do the PE.
:lol: :lol: That's what fat girls did in our class (sorry if it sounds bad).
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Serby » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Lmao you'd get a negative attendance if you forgot your stuff or didn't have the proper one (white tee and blue shorts).

I know I dont look so, but it was one of my fav subjects. I was good at running, long jump etc. Hated football tho. Cant believe that's the most popular sport ever. How did that happen ffs.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Hugo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:26 pm

I wasn't very good at football either, but I was Image of volleyball and all the straight boys had to bow the f down during those classes.

(and Badminton, I was awesome at that too)
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Erotica » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Carbon wrote:PE. The classmates and the teacher were pretty ok actually, but it was still a nightmare for self-conscious closeted teen me
My teachers were ok too, I liked those I had in most of the years (except one year), but what I did was so bad that it wasn't even on the grades lists :lol:

and volleyball was the worst sport with a ball, I hated it. I did not hit a single ball and often had to play alone with the wall or with the teacher to train it, did not help though :lol:
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby biscuits » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Art was stupid too
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Erotica » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:59 pm

I think the only subjects I was good at were Latin and Religion
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:00 pm

I was the best in the year in English and I did pretty well in music, geography and maths too.

I literally got the most average GCSE grades ever: 8 Bs, 1 A*, 1 A and 2 Cs.
bluecherry
Manager

Postby biscuits » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:03 pm

I got the best grade in the year for English Literature and English Language.

My mental arithmetic has always been on point too. But I hated geometry.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby bluecherry » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 pm

biscuits wrote:I got the best grade in the year for English Literature and English Language.

My mental arithmetic has always been on point too. But I hated geometry.
Twins.
bluecherry
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:06 pm

biscuits wrote:Art was stupid too
Definitely my least favourite.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Serby » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:31 am

Y'all didnt have 5 different maths, 5 diff programmings, physics and astronomy tho. I went to giften in maths high school, but ended up hating math after being a huge maths lover. :lol:

We had one maths where we used close to none numbers lil just letters and weird signs and formulas.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:59 am

I hated PE, Maths, Art, Chemistry and Physics classes. I hated them all equally so i can't vote on this :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Crackiswack » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:32 am

I hated all of these classes equally, except for History and English. In high school (secondary school i think), I almost failed chemistry and pre-calculus twice. . . I just really struggled to understand any of it, especially its purpose, like what it would serve me in the future. Honestly after middle school (like 8th grade), I didn't need any extra mathematical or science skills for the future I wanted, I just thought it was so dumb. The only class that should be required for should be English, because those skills are applicable for every kind of future.

Like my teacher would be breaking down everything into steps and showing me a certain one and I would be like "Why are you doing that?"

Also PE was awful, the teachers would take us out to the track and I would run a quarter of that, spend the next half talking to my friends and the last quarter running to make it look like we tried :lol: And the locker rooms were musty.
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby Wayne » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:59 am

My education was a tale of two halves.

I did embarrassingly bad at GCSEs as I was a bit of a rebellious teen. But I got my head in the game just at the right time - and I ended up having to do a refresher year to top up my GCSEs (think it was called a GNVQ - did it in Business and Economics). I got graded a distinction in that (equivalent to 5 As), and even got recognised at the end of year school awards as having achieved the highest mark in the county or something silly like that.

From then, I was a bit of a nerd - did really well at A levels and did well at uni as well.

In terms of least favourite subjects, hated Maths - in order to do A Levels, you had to score C in Maths. And I was seriously bad at Maths - could do arithmetic, percentages, equations - but anything else, I was terrible. It took me 4 attempts in my refresher year, but finally got there but only by the skin of my teeth. Was really annoying as I was smashing my Business and Economics.

I studied social sciences (Sociology) at uni, so that was always pretty enjoyable for me. Also loved English (Literature more than Language but studied both at A Level) and Business/Economics.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Colbie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:03 am

Maths and PE were the worst....
I was actualy pretty good at languages, but my French and German are realy rusty right now :lol:
Colbie
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:17 pm

I'm embarrassed to say that i failed Turkish class 6 times and had to re-take the class every year :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Serby » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:52 pm

I once failed at first semester lol I was really bad in my 4th year, as math killed me completely, add to that me not acceptig myself and geberally being a unhappy teenager in place abd country I wantes to run away from. Had the lowest positive grade in every subject, but the best ones in English, Serbian and PE. :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Spartan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:02 am

PE was the worst. BO drenched changing rooms, trying not to look at other boys change, physical exercise, being picked last for teams. Just a nightmare.
Spartan
Legend

Postby heppolo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:59 am

I loved quick mafs.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby abi » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:59 am

Chemistry was AWFUL. Eeewww. I always had bad grades on that one.
abi
Legend

Postby Rihab » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:08 am

Maths, physics and chemistry were the worst. I dropped physics after 10th grade and improved a bit in chemistry towards the end, but maths was a tragedy from 1st to 12th grade. :lol:

Latin, French, English, German, social studies, music and psychology were my favorites and I also liked history, geography, biology and astronomy for the most part.

I did well in arts, religion / ethics and P.E. (except for football), but thought they were boring / useless.
Rihab
Legend

Postby Michiel » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:54 am

Guess religion, it was the only thing that came close to social sciences in my secondary education. I also liked history, geography, P.E., Chemistry, Dutch, Greek,...

I really sucked in Physics. Despite all my efforts this was something I could never grasp fully. My grades were quite low during my last two years, but I know if I put effort in it I could've done a lot better (except physics). I did during some years, when I was motivated (for example when a teacher didn't believe in you and you want to prove the opposite). It was not until my 3rd bachelor in University that I became a really good student.

Oh and art yes... It's the only class I ever failed at the ending of a school year. I couldn't be less creative and talented even if I tried to.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:56 pm

I loved school. My favourite subjects were actually English, Maths and French. I did Geography at GCSE but wish I had taken History now as I have more interest in that. Plus I was annoyingly 6 marks of an A grade GCSE in the damn subject :lol:

Overall I think I achieved a B in everything, except for an A in French and a C in RE (went to a catholic school - I had a full GCSE exam on Mark’s bloody gospel) and Food Tech (which surprises me even now, as I caused more than one fire).

I hated PE though. I refused. I sat and did homework instead which was a much more productive use of my time than standing around a trampoline waiting to catch someone if they fell off.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Serby » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:52 pm

I'm surprised how many of you just boycotted PE. Like how, it wouldve get you kicked out of school or sth, just like avoiding any other class would.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Return to The Lounge