Unpopular Opinions

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby TIfan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:59 pm

Man of Steel was incredible. The fight scene with Super vs Fairs & Nam-ek was f***ing epic. Wonder Woman was beautiful.

Everything else sucked
TIfan
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Man Of Steel I personally hated.... the endless fight scene that took up the entire last hour felt like something out of a Transformers movie... by the end I was so densensitized that I actually didn't care if Zod would win and kill Superman because it just dragged on and on and on to where it killed off all interest I had in the first 75 or so minutes of the movie. I like big battle scenes but this was the kind of Michael Bay/Roland Emmerich nonsense I can't stand that's just explosions and buildings being destroyed just for the hell of it. Had they compacted it down to 20-30 minutes max I probably would've enjoyed it more.

Justice League was the first time I actually liked Cavill in the role, he actually played Superman the way Superman's always been written before instead of trying to be a mini-Bruce Wayne.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby RayRay » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm

And then a hero comes along.

Oprah is my hero. Better than Superman or all those other fictionals.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Henry Cavill is a decent Superman, but not a great Clark Kent. Cavill can be good though, he was amazing in Man From UNCLE Though.
Spartan
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:46 pm

DC movies may be trash now. But DC definately has better highs and greater moments in cinematography than Marvel. For example, Both of Batman series (Tim Burton and Nolan ones) are excellent, Marvel doesn't have a film on that level yet.

I do think there were couple of X-men movies that were cool tho ("First Class" and "Days of future past" were solid).
Last edited by MrLeonix on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:47 pm

I still find it ridiculous that Cavill had to have his mustache CGI'd off for Justice League because he was filming Mission Impossible (which he grew the stache out for) when it would've been more economically feasible for him to shave the mustache off and wear a fake one for MI instead of all the money spent on digitally shaving it off for JL.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:01 pm

NothingFails wrote:I still find it ridiculous that Cavill had to have his mustache CGI'd off for Justice League because he was filming Mission Impossible (which he grew the stache out for) when it would've been more economically feasible for him to shave the mustache off and wear a fake one for MI instead of all the money spent on digitally shaving it off for JL.
I didn't realised it was CGId off until I saw the screenshot and it looked awful.
Spartan
Legend

Postby AlphaMale » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Ben Affleck is the worst Batman ever!!! And I thought that nothing could be worst than Cavill's Superman...
Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
Him or her I shall follow
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby LongingHeart » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:08 pm

AlphaMale wrote:Ben Affleck is the worst Batman ever!!! And I thought that nothing could be worst than Cavill's Superman...
He really is!
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:31 pm

LongingHeart wrote:
AlphaMale wrote:Ben Affleck is the worst Batman ever!!! And I thought that nothing could be worst than Cavill's Superman...
He really is!
Val Kilmer and George Clooney were pretty horrible too. The darkest era of Batman, tbh.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby DnBLover » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Spartan wrote:Henry Cavill is a decent Superman, but not a great Clark Kent. Cavill can be good though, he was amazing in Man From UNCLE Though.
I thoroughly enjoyed UNCLE. Very entertaining
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby stevyy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 pm

I think he is hot. And I can't hate him in that role because he made it hot. Yass... even chubby Affleck is hot to me.

I also think that Batman vs. Superman was a good movie. :oops:
stevyy
Legend

Postby Gravity » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:57 pm

I liked Catwoman with Halle Berry :oops:
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Gravity wrote:I liked Catwoman with Halle Berry :oops:
my fave catwoman is Michelle Pfeiffer... that was indeed some sexy (and craycray) kitty.

Halle Berry still looks so hot and young. I love her.
stevyy
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:07 pm

stevyy wrote:
Gravity wrote:I liked Catwoman with Halle Berry :oops:
my fave catwoman is Michelle Pfeiffer... that was indeed some sexy (and craycray) kitty.

Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby AlphaMale » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:54 pm

The best batman movies were Nolan's movies with Bale!
For me, Batman is Bale.
Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
Him or her I shall follow
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Nolan's Batman films are the best for me too. I did love the Tim Burton Batman films as well tho, especially the first two.
Last edited by MrLeonix on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby stevyy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm

MrLeonix wrote:Nolan's Batman films are the best for me too. I did love the Tim Burton ones as well tho, especially the first two.
Nightmare before Christmas a classic. One of my favourite movies as a kid.
stevyy
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Never really got into the whole Batman/Cat Women thing. To me its one of the weaker 'worlds'.

Though I enjoyed lego batman :lol:
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby NothingFails » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Nolan's movies were good, but I still believe that if Heath Ledger was still alive he never would've won an Oscar.... the Academy frowns on superhero/comic movies and it says something the only time one of those movies won something besides a technical award was when the actor literally died before the movie came out, so his performance was instantly canonized before people had even seen it.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Heath Ledger did an Oscar worthy performance tho. If he hadn't died I think he still would have been nominated nonetheless.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby TIfan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 pm

His performance was incredible. The scenes when he was in the nurses outfits were OUTSTANDING.
TIfan
Legend

Postby RayRay » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Is there any hero out there that can save us and steer the conversation in another direction?
RayRay
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:26 pm

TIfan wrote:His performance was incredible. The scenes when he was in the nurses outfits were OUTSTANDING.
He was literally the best and top highlight of the entire trilogy of Nolan's films. And being the Top highlight of such stunning films speaks volumes.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:00 pm

RayRay wrote:And then a hero comes along.

Oprah is my hero. Better than Superman or all those other fictionals.
My hero is Soulja Boy
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Return to The Lounge