Unpopular Opinions

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby Goldmoney » Wed May 16, 2018 2:46 am

Hugo wrote:Mariah Carey reached level 55 fairly quickly, but then new shiny acts kept appearing and she was forgotten for a while. Then a sudden feeling of nostalgia bumped her to an unexpected level 63, but we knew it wouldn't last.
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Wed May 16, 2018 2:48 am

TheRealest wrote:
Goldmoney wrote:King spilled the tea, that’s all I’ll say
:lol: :lol: :lol: <3
I wonder if that qualifies Kween as a deity. 8-) :cry:
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby aRat » Wed May 16, 2018 5:20 am

Goldmoney wrote:King spilled the tea, that’s all I’ll say
Well thank you
Dua Lipa - Rihanna - Kanye West - Madonna - Michael Jackson
aRat
Personal Assistant

Postby Gravity » Wed May 16, 2018 6:54 am

TheRealest wrote:What about Mariah makes bitches so pressed? I don’t understand
You took words out of my mouth. It's really fascinating.
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Wed May 16, 2018 8:16 am

Gravity wrote:
TheRealest wrote:What about Mariah makes bitches so pressed? I don’t understand
You took words out of my mouth. It's really fascinating.
The 18 #1s maybe
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 am

Her stans are the largest group of stans here, so she probably gets the most scrutiny.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Gravity » Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 am

Wayne wrote:Her stans are the largest group of stans here, so she probably gets the most scrutiny.
Yeah but they're mostly limited to one thread.
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Wed May 16, 2018 8:46 am

Which is probably what drives the discussion here - nobody wants to enter the topic to ask their questions. :lol:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby spiritboy » Wed May 16, 2018 9:38 am

I think people are unfair towards Mariah because of her diva behavior and antics.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed May 16, 2018 10:11 am

stevyy wrote:
Wayne wrote:The “Big 5” - similar to the “Vocal Trinity” - is a term coined on the internet that gained some mainstream notoriety and it’s kind of stuck.

All those other ones stevyy posted are useless terms. :lol:
how dare you:

Originals:
Aretha, Gladys, Carole, Barbra, Cher, Brenda, Nancy, Dolly, Diana, Shirley (C) (B), Dionne, Donna, Etta, Patti, Roberta, Joni

Legendary 5:
Madonna, Carey, Dion, Houston, Jackson

Iconic 5:
Britney, Beyoncé, Gaga, Adele, Xtine

Pop Girls:
Taylor, Katy, Rihanna, Miley, Selena, Ariana

Other: (these new girls who are featured on songs by DJs)
:lol: The list, it must be a honorary place for the mother of divas and the only one slaying throug 1963-2018 Barbra Streisand. As the saying goes, 80s/90s owes to to MTV, and before MTV, it's Streisand TV. How can someone to be level with the one who equals to MTV?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2005/11/21/m ... nd-tv.html
Long Before MTV, There Was Streisand TV
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★Biggest Box office Actress
★Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby stevyy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:27 am

Wayne wrote:Which is probably what drives the discussion here - nobody wants to enter the topic to ask their questions. :lol:
that thread is very open, warm and welcoming for anyone who may have a request or question regarding Mariah. If people wouldn't spin this myth further of how the people in the thread are "weird", hostile or other everyone would benefit from a more normalized situation between ukmix and the lambs.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Hugo » Wed May 16, 2018 11:30 am

I despise all that didn't get my Pokémon reference in response to stevyvyvyvyvyv's same old, same old.

UKMIXERS, I DON'T CHOOSE YOU.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Gravity » Wed May 16, 2018 11:43 am

stevyy wrote:
Wayne wrote:Which is probably what drives the discussion here - nobody wants to enter the topic to ask their questions. :lol:
that thread is very open, warm and welcoming for anyone who may have a request or question regarding Mariah. If people wouldn't spin this myth further of how the people in the thread are "weird", hostile or other everyone would benefit from a more normalized situation between ukmix and the lambs.
It's hard to have a conversation there though - there are so many users and a lot of them spam that thread with loads of bulls**t that belongs to other threads.
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:53 am

Gravity wrote:
stevyy wrote:
It's hard to have a conversation there though - there are so many users and a lot of them spam that thread with loads of bulls**t that belongs to other threads.
examples and receipts are needed.
stevyy
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed May 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Honestly I don't think people are just "pressed" about Mariah, unfortunately and as hard as it sounds she seems to be genuinly hated by masses. Beign pressed =/= Real hate.

There is a difference between having people pressed and having people hating on you and Mariah is in the later, people hate her because of her antics and (recent fiascos) , there are people who are genuinly hated and despised by a big portion of people (Mariah Carey, Donald Trump, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, etc).
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby stevyy » Wed May 16, 2018 1:27 pm

What kind of fiascos are people so pressed about?

Her having an off performance 2 years ago and then giving her best one year later?

The fact that her voice has changed, which is not in her control?

Morgan Carey's accusations that she helped her sister in the past, but refuses to do so today?

That she has a borderline disorder?

That James Packer mistreated her assisstant and she cancelled the relationship?

The fact that she has a christmas song which is loved?

The fact that she performed for 3,500 people in Zurich, Switzerland (2016)?

The fact that she says "Darling" after every sentence?

The fact that she is schooling the young pop-girls who shade her and to whom she said that they should introduce themselves to her and then give their opinion about her... artistry and behaviour?

The fact that she sometimes performs with sunglasses on (indoors)?

The fact that she pays for her fans cancer treatments?

The fact that she meets fans from all over the world and remembers their names? (Graham Norton show, 2003)?

The fact that she gains and loses weight?

The fact that she likes to give interviews while not sitting up straight?

The fact that she performed in Israel 2 years ago?

Mariah is vilified and hated, but at the same time revered which is weird.
stevyy
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 pm

MrLeonix wrote: there are people who are genuinly hated and despised by a big portion of people (Mariah Carey, Donald Trump, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, etc).
Lumping Donald Trump in with the three musicians is something really quite special.
Vote by May 27 for the 2000-2009 Female-Led Singles Countdown here.
Save your favorite actor-singer in Singing Actors Survivor.
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby Rihab » Wed May 16, 2018 1:55 pm

cheapthrills wrote:
MrLeonix wrote: there are people who are genuinly hated and despised by a big portion of people (Mariah Carey, Donald Trump, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, etc).
Lumping Donald Trump in with the three musicians is something really quite special.
People don‘t actually ‘hate‘ Mariah though, at least not to the same extent as they hate Trump, Bieber and Kanye. Most just don‘t know her, don’t care about her or see her as a laughing stock.
Rihab
Legend

Postby TheRealest » Wed May 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Soooo like I said in the original post... BITCHES IS PRESSED. I won’t administer mouth to mouth like my good sis Nicki tho.
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby aRat » Wed May 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Rihab wrote:
cheapthrills wrote:
People don‘t actually ‘hate‘ Mariah though, at least not to the same extent as they hate Trump, Bieber and Kanye. Most just don‘t know her, don’t care about her or see her as a laughing stock.
Ouch! You didnt hold back :lol:
Dua Lipa - Rihanna - Kanye West - Madonna - Michael Jackson
aRat
Personal Assistant

Postby spiritboy » Wed May 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Yeah i'd say people are indifferent towards Mariah rather than hate her. Out of the big 5, Janet and Madonna received the most hate. Janet got a lot of hate during SP controversy. Madonna is hated 7/24 by media, other diva fans and religious people. I don't think anyone hates Mariah apart from a few online music fans.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed May 16, 2018 5:32 pm

I don't think people hate Janet . . . I think people are just indifferent towards her, some others may not even remember her at all.

Madonna and Mariah are the most mainstream on media tho and they both get hate and criticism, the difference is that Madonna just seems to provoke people Mariah is just simply hated. :lol:
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Wayne » Wed May 16, 2018 5:41 pm

spiritboy wrote:Yeah i'd say people are indifferent towards Mariah rather than hate her. Out of the big 5, Janet and Madonna received the most hate. Janet got a lot of hate during SP controversy. Madonna is hated 7/24 by media, other diva fans and religious people. I don't think anyone hates Mariah apart from a few online music fans.
The media doesn't hate Madonna.

I'd say both her and Mariah are about par in terms of how the public thinks of them.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Wayne wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Yeah i'd say people are indifferent towards Mariah rather than hate her. Out of the big 5, Janet and Madonna received the most hate. Janet got a lot of hate during SP controversy. Madonna is hated 7/24 by media, other diva fans and religious people. I don't think anyone hates Mariah apart from a few online music fans.
The media doesn't hate Madonna.

I'd say both her and Mariah are about par in terms of how the public thinks of them.
Clearly don’t read the Daily Fail :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:48 pm

In terms of Mariah... I don’t think it’s thst people dislike her, they’re just in different to her. If I’m being honest I don’t think the general public at large consider her a legend or iconic. Certainly is not in the UK anyway. But she was never huge here in the way she was in the US - we seemed to prefer Celine and Whitney.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Return to The Lounge