Unpopular Opinions

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby biscuits » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Shakira is overrated. Surely there’s better Latinas than her?

Her song with Rihanna is one of the worst songs ever.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:02 pm

biscuits wrote:Shakira is overrated. Surely there’s better Latinas than her?
Thats the worst part. Right now in 2018 most latinas are just doing trashy music, so Shakira may still be the best one.

biscuits wrote:Her song with Rihanna is one of the worst songs ever.
I think her song with Rihanna was quite cool, don't know why it is so hated. But yeah, like I said quality-wise Shakira has been a mess since 2006. She just does quick cheap bops now.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Carbon » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Shakira & Rihanna was the weirdest collab ever. And the song is hilarious, but full-on trash
Carbon
Legend

Postby Westen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:17 pm

She pulled Stop me from falling better than Kylie

Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:20 pm

Here in Latin America we just recently got new singles from the two biggest latin divas (after Shakira & Gloria).

Thalia (Huge Latin Pop Icon) released her new single just last month and already turned into a hit (already 117M views on Youtube in just 5 weeks).

Paulina Rubio (The princess of Latin Pop) released her single this past may and turned into a huge / massive flop.

Both songs were less interesting than Shakira's late releases tho.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Westen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:23 pm

MrLeonix wrote:Here in Latin America we just recently got new singles from the two biggest latin divas (after Shakira & Gloria).

Thalia (Huge Latin Pop Icon) released her new single just last month and already turned into a hit (already 117M views on Youtube in just 5 weeks).

Paulina Rubio (The princess of Latin Pop) released her single this past may and turned into a huge / massive flop.

Both songs were less interesting than Shakira's late releases tho.
Thalia was big deal once upon a time here thanks to Rosalinda. SHe even covered one song recently from local Balkan singer

Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:33 pm

Westen wrote:
Thalia was big deal once upon a time here thanks to Rosalinda. SHe even covered one song recently from local Balkan singer
Well, curiously Thalia has never lost her relevance here in Latin America (which kind of amazes me at times considering she debuted in 1990) and still to this date in 2018 she's still successful and even outstreaming major icons like Mariah Carey, Madonna, Christina, P!nk, Janet, Britney, etc despite the fact she's only known in Latin America / Spain.

This is her new song released just last month and it already has 117million views, Thalia is turning 47 years old next month and she doesn't suffer from ageism here in Latin America, All radio stations and clubs are spinning this.

Not in light years I ever imagined she would still be standing strong in 2018 in Latin America.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Westen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:41 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
Westen wrote:
Well, curiously Thalia has never lost her relevance here in Latin America (which kind of amazes me at times considering she debuted in 1990) and still to this date in 2018 she's still successful and even outstreaming major icons like Mariah Carey, Madonna, Christina, P!nk, Janet, Britney, etc despite the fact she's only known in Latin America / Spain.

This is her new song released just last month and it already has 117million views, Thalia is turning 47 years old next month and she doesn't suffer from ageism here in Latin America, All radio stations and clubs are spinning this.

Not in light years I ever imagined she would still be standing strong in 2018 in Latin America.
It seems to me like only English speaking markets are ageist markets. We respect here all our old legends, and no one is judging them for still doing what they do, and no one is not listening them because of their age.
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Westen wrote:It seems to me like only English speaking markets are ageist markets. We respect here all our old legends, and no one is judging them for still doing what they do, and no one is not listening them because of their age.
Yeah Latin America is not really ageist.

Not everyone had positive news tho, Paulina Rubio, also 47 years old, the Latin Pop Princess (She's like the Britney of Latin America), definately another huge Latin Icon and Thalia's main rival released her new single this past may and resulted into a CATHASTROPHIC failure with only 4million views after more than 2 months of released, the song is nowhere to be heard here:

It seems like Paulina kinda lost her mojo even here in Latin America (she had a great career for like 20 years tho). Thalia and Paulina fanbases hate each other with passion.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Serby » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Westen wrote:She pulled Stop me from falling better than Kylie

Lmao green screen is strong on this one :lol:

Honestly, Serbian/Balkan music is sooo bad. Only songs I really enjoyed this year were Slađana and Belo, the rest (most of it) is all the same and copy/paste and/or cheeeeeap af.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Westen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Serby wrote:

Lmao green screen is strong on this one :lol:

Honestly, Serbian/Balkan music is sooo bad. Only songs I really enjoyed this year were Slađana and Belo, the rest (most of it) is all the same and copy/paste and/or cheeeeeap af.
It was filmed in Cuba. She filmed it few months ago.

Lol i knew you were one of those 'oh i listen Senidah, I'm hipster and I'm cool' :roll: :lol:

Sorry bitch but Maya Berovic owned 2017 and she will own 2018 too. She's gonna have the biggest arena this year out of all divas.
Westen
Legend

Postby Serby » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Ceca fills stadiums in Serbia so that doesn't warrant the quality lol

Maya is cute and faaar from worst, but nothing I hear sounds fresh. Yes I'm a hipsta, I like Senidah cuz it felt at least different to regular singers.

And I did think that was in Cuba, but the car ride looked so fake and green screen and after that, her in yellow dress looked also very gs. Maybe it's my phone, gonna put fulk screen now.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Westen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:24 pm

Is there a hotter singer in the world right now ?

Westen
Legend

Postby Westen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:27 pm

Serby wrote:Ceca fills stadiums in Serbia so that doesn't warrant the quality lol

Maya is cute and faaar from worst, but nothing I hear sounds fresh. Yes I'm a hipsta, I like Senidah cuz it felt at least different to regular singers.

And I did think that was in Cuba, but the car ride looked so fake and green screen and after that, her in yellow dress looked also very gs. Maybe it's my phone, gonna put fulk screen now.
Lol Ceca 'fills stadiums' once in 5 or 6 years and she has her fiends in the press who are lying about how many people went to her show, i mean she murdered prime minister, ofc they have to lie for a singer that is labeled as terrorist in most countries around the world :lol:

Madonna had 40,000 people in Usce field, and 20,000 people outside, RollingStone's had 50,000, and yet Ceca had 120,000 on a filed where according to Usce Park organizers only 60,000 people can fit, but ofc press won;t publish that :lol:
Westen
Legend

Postby Westen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Oh and you forgot that it was her who started this trend on Balkan

Westen
Legend

Postby Serby » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:02 pm

I know Maya since her 100 Dinara and Dzin i koka kola or whatever days. She secy, but she had so much done to her body/face.

Also no need to talk trash about Ceca, I hate her anyway. Didn't know that about Ušće, but yaaahs lying hoe.

Back to Maya, she has a cute vibe, but yeah, her music/voice is nothing special imo. And what trend did she start? Fill me in, I'm so out of date when it comes to Serbia. :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Westen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Serby wrote:I know Maya since her 100 Dinara and Dzin i koka kola or whatever days. She secy, but she had so much done to her body/face.

Also no need to talk trash about Ceca, I hate her anyway. Didn't know that about Ušće, but yaaahs lying hoe.

Back to Maya, she has a cute vibe, but yeah, her music/voice is nothing special imo. And what trend did she start? Fill me in, I'm so out of date when it comes to Serbia. :lol:
Oh my god, I only realized last year that it was actually her singing Dzin and Limunada :lol:

Yeah, she had some work done, but she did it beautifully.

Maya started this whole trend with Buba and Jala. When To Me Radi exploded in 2016 they were pretty much unknown, and she brought them to mainstream and put them on map.
Westen
Legend

Postby Serby » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:40 pm

I was a hc fan of such music back then. Ana Nikolic and Januar/Hoću da te gledam album was my shit. Tbh not a nice trend, but good for her, get them coinz! And back to video of Maya, last 3rd still seems so green screen and idk why is she really was there as we see in the rest. Its like they focused her too much and she seems to be glued to pics and videos.

Bulgarian seem more to US/UK standards, like this song:

be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Westen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:43 pm

Serby wrote:I was a hc fan of such music back then. Ana Nikolic and Januar/Hoću da te gledam album was my shit. Tbh not a nice trend, but good for her, get them coinz! And back to video of Maya, last 3rd still seems so green screen and idk why is she really was there as we see in the rest. Its like they focused her too much and she seems to be glued to pics and videos.

Bulgarian seem more to US/UK standards, like this song:

That Ana's album >>>> careers. The only song i liked from her after her debut was Romale Romali. I haven't really paid attention to her since I was in 7th grade (literally) when she used to be popular (omg this shade works here :lol: )

No, she really was there, filmed it few months ago, maybe it looks weird to you because you are used on seeing green screens/CGI in US movies and shows and what not, and they filmed her moving car from a moving car :lol:
Westen
Legend

Postby Serby » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:57 pm

But Ana was at her peak few years ago, she had few huge hits?

Lmao no, I wish someone else would join us in this dillema but no one cares. It just looks weird but good try. :lol: look at the background there and later when she dances on the street. Doesn't matter really.

I just bopped to Gradske price, what a retro bop. :cry:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Westen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:04 am

Serby wrote:But Ana was at her peak few years ago, she had few huge hits?

Lmao no, I wish someone else would join us in this dillema but no one cares. It just looks weird but good try. :lol: look at the background there and later when she dances on the street. Doesn't matter really.

I just bopped to Gradske price, what a retro bop. :cry:
No, not really, Ana never really came close to her peak from her debut. In fact, she's probably a b-lister now at best :cry:
Westen
Legend

Postby Serby » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:10 am

Yeah, now, but Miso moj and such were hits no?

Also how Seve slayed few years ago was crazy. She was so big and so late in her career (even tho she was already famous but nowhere near)
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby heppolo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:35 am

Carbon wrote:Shakira & Rihanna was the weirdest collab ever. And the song is hilarious, but full-on trash
some Kanye collabs were surely weirder :lol:
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:36 am

In what world? A westen one?

girlll
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby aRat » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:43 am

SummerPeur wrote:
In what world? A westen one?

girlll
do you agree that Confide In Me is Kylie's best song?
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Return to The Lounge