Unpopular Opinions

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

 

Postby aRat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:25 pm

Potato salad is the worst thing ever. Who thot it was a good idea to mix lard, potatos and onions and call that disgusting mix a "salad".

But german cuisine in general is sooo bad. So much lard & pork everywhere.
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
User avatar
aRat
Manager
 
Posts: 2420
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018
Location: Janet's neck

Postby RayRay » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Potato salad can be really good. The one from the Aldi is very tasty.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 11879
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby stevyy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:55 pm

aRat wrote:Potato salad is the worst thing ever. Who thot it was a good idea to mix lard, potatos and onions and call that disgusting mix a "salad".

But german cuisine in general is sooo bad. So much lard & pork everywhere.
lard is not used in potato salad:

my family only uses:

.- potatos
.- mayoonaise
.- pickles
.- onions
.- eggs (occasionally)

There should never be meat in potato salad.

My fave salad remains tomato salad followed by cucumber salad. And of course lettuce... is everything.

German cuisine is very underrated. My mom is the best cook ever btw.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 51440
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby jochen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:00 pm

German cusine is best

Right Stevie
Potato saöaf with mayo and mixed pickles...eggs...

I am often in munich for work.
They font put Mayo in but Speckwürfel

Disgusting
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
User avatar
jochen
Manager
 
Posts: 4085
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008
Location: Germany, Hannover

Postby BeeBoy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:00 pm

aRat wrote:
Most streamed female albums of all time:

29 Rita Ora Phoenix (Deluxe) 1.429B 96M+
Image
This is actually really impressive. I know she has all her singles of the past 1,5 years on that but the album isn't even released yet and will most likely end up in the top 10 with nearly no US support
User avatar
BeeBoy
Manager
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008
Location: Germany

Postby heppolo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:06 pm

stevyy wrote:
aRat wrote:Potato salad is the worst thing ever. Who thot it was a good idea to mix lard, potatos and onions and call that disgusting mix a "salad".

But german cuisine in general is sooo bad. So much lard & pork everywhere.
lard is not used in potato salad:

my family only uses:

.- potatos
.- mayoonaise
.- pickles
.- onions
.- eggs (occasionally)

There should never be meat in potato salad.
depends on the meat (chicken meat might be alright), I don't like mayo and onions in this particular mix, I prefer scallion to onions.
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 23205
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby aRat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:07 pm

wait why didn't no one tell me Maria released 4 songs and all of them bombed?
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
User avatar
aRat
Manager
 
Posts: 2420
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018
Location: Janet's neck

Postby stevyy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:13 pm

aRat wrote:wait why didn't no one tell me Maria released 4 songs and all of them bombed?
because the music would be lost on u. As you have stated... u didn't know about her 4 new tracks because u do not listen to quality music.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 51440
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby aRat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:17 pm

stevyy wrote:
aRat wrote:wait why didn't no one tell me Maria released 4 songs and all of them bombed?
because the music would be lost on u. As you have stated... u didn't know about her 4 new tracks because u do not listen to quality music.
Reporter: Can you say 3 nice things about stevvy's taste?
Me: Can you?
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
User avatar
aRat
Manager
 
Posts: 2420
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018
Location: Janet's neck

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:40 pm

aRat wrote:
stevyy wrote:
aRat wrote:wait why didn't no one tell me Maria released 4 songs and all of them bombed?
because the music would be lost on u. As you have stated... u didn't know about her 4 new tracks because u do not listen to quality music.
Reporter: Can you say 3 nice things about stevvy's taste?
Me: Can you?
Reporter: *laughs*
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
User avatar
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012
Location: New York City & Vienna

Postby heppolo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:07 pm

your taste ain't big enough to taste madness
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 23205
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby stevyy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:37 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
aRat wrote:
stevyy wrote:
aRat wrote:wait why didn't no one tell me Maria released 4 songs and all of them bombed?
because the music would be lost on u. As you have stated... u didn't know about her 4 new tracks because u do not listen to quality music.
Reporter: Can you say 3 nice things about stevvy's taste?
Me: Can you?
Reporter: *laughs*
:lol: :lol: :lol:
He could say that he/she likes that the wave of German artists who are dominating my personal chart currently.

.- Clueso
.- Fynn Kliemann
.- Bosse
.- Leoniden (from my home town of Kiel)
.- Klan
.- Joris
.- Benoby
.- Eno

Biggest German acts of 2018 and their overall YTD rank:

Spoiler:
01 - #6 - 1.220 - Handgepäck I - Clueso
02 - #12 - 869 - Wann hast du Zeit? - Klan
03 - #14 - 844 - Alles ist jetzt - Bosse
04 - #22 - 697 - Nie - Fynn Kliemann
05 - #27 - 566 - Zimmer mit Blick - Revolverheld
06 - #54 - 375 - Schlüsselkind - Sasha
07 - #67 - 295 - Mein fünftes Element - Benoby
08 - #68 - 292 - 1982 - Marteria
09 - #75 - 266 - Die Unendlichkeit - Tocotronic
10 - #80 - 259 - Dreamer - Michael Schulte
11 - #81 - 252 - Again - Leoniden
12 - #122 - 143 - Licht & Schatten - Glasperlenspiel
13 - #144 - 113 - Schrei es raus - Joris
14 - #157 - 99 - Mythos - Bushido
15 - #186 - 78 - Lauter als Bomben - Donots
16 - #194 - 72 - Wellritzstrasse - Eno
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 51440
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby Rihab » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:55 pm

stevyy wrote:
aRat wrote:Potato salad is the worst thing ever. Who thot it was a good idea to mix lard, potatos and onions and call that disgusting mix a "salad".

But german cuisine in general is sooo bad. So much lard & pork everywhere.
lard is not used in potato salad:

my family only uses:

.- potatos
.- mayoonaise
.- pickles
.- onions
.- eggs (occasionally)
Potato salad is LYFE!

Don't like it with mayonnaise tho. Oil and vinegar >>>

And why throw pickles or pig pieces in there? Mess!
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 18398
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby Carbon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:57 pm

Potatoes, onions, olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepa

That’s all I need. Cannot imagine putting mayo in there, ew (though I’d try it and maybe end up liking it)
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
User avatar
Carbon
Legend
 
Posts: 23143
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013
Location: Zero Point

Postby Rihab » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:08 pm

Carbon wrote:Potatoes, onions, olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepa

That’s all I need.
I'd add fresh parsley, but otherwise.. same!

Kinda random, but for some reason it's the typical German Christmas Eve dinner.
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 18398
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby aRat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:05 am

The superior Potato Gratin >>>>>>>>> Lardato Salad
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
User avatar
aRat
Manager
 
Posts: 2420
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018
Location: Janet's neck

Postby Serby » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:11 am

Austrian style with pumpkin seed oil is also amazing.
be kind to every kind
User avatar
Serby
Dr. Serby
 
Posts: 36830
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Location: Halliwell Manor

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:54 am

Serby wrote:Austrian style with pumpkin seed oil is also amazing.
+1 8-)
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
User avatar
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012
Location: New York City & Vienna

Postby RayRay » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:36 am

Greek salad is the best.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 11879
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby Gravity » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:07 am

Serby wrote:Austrian style with pumpkin seed oil is also amazing.
Pretty much anything would taste good with pumpkin seed oil
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
R&B Junkie
 
Posts: 10726
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby SummerPeur » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:16 am

I love salads period.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
User avatar
SummerPeur
Legend
 
Posts: 10402
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby RayRay » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:45 pm

SummerPeur wrote:I love salads period.
This!
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 11879
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby spiritboy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:54 pm

I hate onions and try to eat as little as possible.
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 24141
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby heppolo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:56 pm

spiritboy wrote:I hate onions and try to eat as little as possible.
the taste/aftertaste is gross and that smell
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 23205
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby BeeBoy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:57 pm

I hate them raw but fried/cooked they are the best shit ever
User avatar
BeeBoy
Manager
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008
Location: Germany

Return to The Lounge