Unpopular Opinions

Moderator: Spartan

Postby Wayne » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:21 am

I completely understand what Halal means, Serby - what I’m cringing at is Nick’s comment that it’s a “diet”.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:30 am

Wayne wrote:I completely understand what Halal means, Serby - what I’m cringing at is Nick’s comment that it’s a “diet”.
It's a diet obviously :lol: what's so strange about it? :lol:
Oh Lil Wayne
a diet is "the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats." so a Halal diet is one that certain people eat which basically doesn't include pork :wink:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+diet%3F

Serby wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:Halal diets or whatever doesn't have pork are so good
Halal means someone prayed to Allah before killing an animal and thet they were killed in a way so they can bleed out completely (afaik Muslims are not allowed to eat blood of an animal). Basically means slow, painful death.inbe4comments, yes, I am annoying and forcing my views on you!!!!1 :lol:

Whats so special about it? Its basically avoiding pork lmao
Well whatever they did it sure makes the food tasty :P :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:44 am

I guess I read it differently to how you mean to say it.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby spiritboy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:04 am

Never tasted pork in my life. Not because of religious issues of course, because i heard it's "greasy". I'm not usually a meat person, i like calf meat as red meat and only it once or twice every 2-3 months. I like chicken though.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Wayne wrote:I guess I read it differently to how you mean to say it.
Mhmm I’m happy to educate you :P :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Serby » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:43 pm

spiritboy wrote:Never tasted pork in my life. Not because of religious issues of course, because i heard it's "greasy". I'm not usually a meat person, i like calf meat as red meat and only it once or twice every 2-3 months. I like chicken though.
Much better than disguisting lamb. Always made me almost vom just from the smell.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Gravity » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:17 pm

^^ I agree! Lamb is just nasty.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby grooveboy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Beef > Lamb >>>Pork
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:55 pm

I don't know what's worse for the animal: hallal or not. I mean, I've seen how animals are treated in slaughter houses... awful! Half killed, boiled to death...

I try to only eat meat twice or three times per week. Usually turkey. Beef second. But I also like lamb. And sometimes chicken or pork. I have the idea chickens and pork are treated worse than other animals, so I try to limit eating them.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby TIfan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:52 pm

I Just Can't Stop Loving You is Michael's most unmemorable #1 song.
TIfan
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:19 pm

I'm Breathless is an album by Madonna.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:20 pm

RayRay wrote:I'm Breathless is an album by Madonna.
:lol:

And a pretty solid one at that! 8-)
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:23 pm

TIfan wrote:I Just Can't Stop Loving You is Michael's most unmemorable #1 song.
But it's one of his best
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Streaming apologists are the worst
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:31 pm

TIfan wrote:I Just Can't Stop Loving You is Michael's most unmemorable #1 song.
Not having a video doesn't help.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:40 pm

To this day, one of my favorite Whitney Houston songs was the duet with her mother on her 2nd album - a version of "I Know Him So Well"
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:59 pm

I really miss Michael. He was such a special person. Only God knows what he had to fathom from childhood to his death. I heard "Childhood" today and literally brought me to tears.
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:34 pm

cheapthrills wrote:To this day, one of my favorite Whitney Houston songs was the duet with her mother on her 2nd album - a version of "I Know Him So Well"
It's my favourite tune out of all her 1980s music.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Gravity » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Just The Lonely Talking Again is one of my favorites from Nippy.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:46 pm

JSparksFan wrote:

I love it. What trips me up is how some outlets/people don't consider it a Madonna album. While it clearly says "Music inspired by the motion picture", it's not a soundtrack (it has a separate soundtrack with various artists on it). Yes, it's got a sound to it from a certain period/era. Technically all albums do. And furthermore, many artists have recorded albums inspired by that era - and those are considered studio albums by those artists. Because she's not usually singing jazzy pop, it doesn't count? Hogwash. :D

All albums are inspired by something, this just happened to be inspired by her character in a motion picture. It's still very much a collection of pop songs any way you wanna shake it.
Last edited by JJeffs on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby RayRay » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:48 pm

cheapthrills wrote:To this day, one of my favorite Whitney Houston songs was the duet with her mother on her 2nd album - a version of "I Know Him So Well"
Although I like the song and even though it was a hit here, it cannot compare to the original version.
The original has such a stunning arrangement. And I don't really like Cissy's voice.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:51 pm

JJeffs wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:

I love it. What trips me up is how some outlets/people don't consider it a Madonna album. While it clearly says "Music inspired by the motion picture", it's not a soundtrack (it has a separate soundtrack with various artists on it). Yes, it's got a sound to it from a certain period/era. Technically all albums do. And furthermore, many artists have recorded albums inspired by that era - and those are considered studio albums by those artists. Because she's not usually singing jazzy pop, it doesn't count? Hogwash. :D

All albums are inspired by something, this just happened to be inspired by her character in a motion picture. It's still very much a collection of pop songs any way you wanna shake it.
Exactly. Back then it was released as the new Madonna album. It was considered a Madonna album for years. Don't understand why it became fashion only a few years ago to consider it to be a soundtrack, when only three songs are featured in Dick Tracy.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby hotMCfan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:42 am

I didn't know theArmy has been permabanned. I don't believe in this kind of punishment though since if you look at it many users who have been permabanned are the regulars who actually bring more life to the forum. Yes, permaban might be an effective punishment to trolls but I don't think it should also be used against the regulars and the conversation drivers. But then again we've been told that being a ukmix member is a privilege not a right.

I think the time has come for the mods to revisit this rule.

Just saying.
hotMCfan
Superstar

Postby EAI » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:25 pm

Serby wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:Halal diets or whatever doesn't have pork are so good
Halal means someone prayed to Allah before killing an animal and thet they were killed in a way so they can bleed out completely (afaik Muslims are not allowed to eat blood of an animal). Basically means slow, painful death.inbe4comments, yes, I am annoying and forcing my views on you!!!!1 :lol:

Whats so special about it? Its basically avoiding pork lmao
It was actually proven that this isn't true. The Halal/ Kosher slaughter methods involve deep cuts into the Jugular and as soon as they are cut, they go unconscious. It's been tested with surgically implanted electrodes in the animal's brain.

However, if it's done incorrectly, with a blade that isn't sharp, then yes the pain is slow and painful. However, the meat is no longer slaughtered in a Halal method if the animal suffers excessively.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:25 am

JJeffs wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:

I remember being struck by Madge's vocals on that album. That album has some of her best vocal work, if not her absolute best.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to The Lounge