Unpopular Opinions

Moderator: Spartan

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:18 am

EAI wrote:
Serby wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:Halal diets or whatever doesn't have pork are so good
Halal means someone prayed to Allah before killing an animal and thet they were killed in a way so they can bleed out completely (afaik Muslims are not allowed to eat blood of an animal). Basically means slow, painful death.inbe4comments, yes, I am annoying and forcing my views on you!!!!1 :lol:

Whats so special about it? Its basically avoiding pork lmao
It was actually proven that this isn't true. The Halal/ Kosher slaughter methods involve deep cuts into the Jugular and as soon as they are cut, they go unconscious. It's been tested with surgically implanted electrodes in the animal's brain.

However, if it's done incorrectly, with a blade that isn't sharp, then yes the pain is slow and painful. However, the meat is no longer slaughtered in a Halal method if the animal suffers excessively.
Tell him boo!
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:19 am

Winter is so much better than summer :P
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Serby » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:43 pm

^ the way halal is done in reality is much different tho. Just like all factory 'killings'.

MusicRecords wrote:Winter is so much better than summer :P
Satan. Go away. I hate winter and everythig between Oct/Nov till April is a trash and wish it didn't exist. Not to mention that my energy levels are approchig zero the colder and darker it gets. And I anyway always eat super lot and super nice foods, so winter isn't anything different in that regard, plus summery foods are waay better.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MonkeyLover21 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:51 pm

I agree. I love fall. But winter is totally better than summer. I don't like sweating in everything and being miserable in any clothing when it over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
The winds might blow through me
But I don't care
MonkeyLover21
Manager

Postby urbanmusik » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:55 pm

Charli XCX is the pop artist of the decade.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby flopho » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:10 pm

hotMCfan wrote:I didn't know theArmy has been permabanned. I don't believe in this kind of punishment though since if you look at it many users who have been permabanned are the regulars who actually bring more life to the forum. Yes, permaban might be an effective punishment to trolls but I don't think it should also be used against the regulars and the conversation drivers. But then again we've been told that being a ukmix member is a privilege not a right.

I think the time has come for the mods to revisit this rule.

Just saying.
mods do a great job, especially with deleting all the spam, etc but I agree, it's one of the very few major things i disagree with on this forum
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby Serby » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:11 pm

Me too. Yes, we have new people coming, but it changed si much here since at least 5 big posters were permabanned in the past few years. But oh well.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:14 pm

MonkeyLover21 wrote:
I agree. I love fall. But winter is totally better than summer. I don't like sweating in everything and being miserable in any clothing when it over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
It's m7ch easier to coll down imo than tp feel comfortable in 148 layes of clothes you need and winter and when you walk like a penguin.

Why on Earth do we have winter outside of mountains. Can't believe the qhole planet started from a single big bang and everythig is so perfectly working in the nature, yet we had to have a winter. UGH. I honestly dontm't even feel like living in winter, I want a life snooze mode.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:16 pm

^calm down Serby :lol: I like winter more for the holiday seasons, it’s nice seeing a snowy Christmas and drinking hot chocolate and other drinks...but I don’t like it when it’s unabarably nasty cold...I do like winter better than summer but overall I think my favorite is fall....ohhhh and u can wear some stylish coats 8-) yassss

MonkeyLover21 wrote:
Yasss 8-)
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Colbie » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:21 pm

Im also team winter.
When its hot you cant do anything about it, having to wear long trousers becouse of clients when its so warm is not nice, when its cold you just get a blanket and some hot coco or tea! 8-)
Fall is my fav of all though!
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Serby » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:27 pm

Weather snob me again, but what you have in NL is hardly a summer for my standards, apart of few days. Summer = at least 25°C and little clouds. Around 30°C is the nice middle, even 35°C is heavenly. I had 42°C and didn't care much tbh.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

There's literally no place where you have a really good standard and has a nice climate apart of South of USA (but don't see US as a place to live if you're normal working mortal) and Australia, which is waaay to far and isolated so to say.

/rant
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Colbie » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:34 pm

^ Actualy it can get over 30 degrees here in summer, so its actualy "better" in your standards than you think! :lol: Never had over 40 though, but 33/35 degrees would be do-able in NL :lol:
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night
Colbie
Superstar

Postby TIfan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Serby wrote:Weather snob me again, but what you have in NL is hardly a summer for my standards, apart of few days. Summer = at least 25°C and little clouds. Around 30°C is the nice middle, even 35°C is heavenly. I had 42°C and didn't care much tbh.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

There's literally no place where you have a really good standard and has a nice climate apart of South of USA (but don't see US as a place to live if you're normal working mortal) and Australia, which is waaay to far and isolated so to say.

/rant
Los Angeles has great weather. Not too hot or cold.
TIfan
Legend

Postby RayRay » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:25 pm

I'm team summer. But I have Indonesian blood and spend most of my youth in the tropics.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby Serby » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:38 am

Colbie wrote:^ Actualy it can get over 30 degrees here in summer, so its actualy "better" in your standards than you think! :lol: Never had over 40 though, but 33/35 degrees would be do-able in NL :lol:
I'm aware of it, but speaking of average summer, it's not too hot and it rains wuite a bit right?

Yeah, LA has the perfect climate :cry: hot and dry, unlike rainy Florida.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:39 am

Serby wrote:
Colbie wrote:^ Actualy it can get over 30 degrees here in summer, so its actualy "better" in your standards than you think! :lol: Never had over 40 though, but 33/35 degrees would be do-able in NL :lol:
I'm aware of it, but speaking of average summer, it's not too hot and it rains wuite a bit right?

Yeah, LA has the perfect climate :cry: hot and dry, unlike rainy Florida.
Boy you should move to some middle eastern country then :lol: :lol:

Being gay is illegal but u can have like 10 wives :lol:

And it'll be hot af
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Serby » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:30 am

I heard Riyadh is like a gay city, but very underground. :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby cheapthrills » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:57 am

The lyrics of No Doubt's A Simple Kind of Life are some of Gwen's best.
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here and then send your votes in!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby Hugo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:38 am

urbanmusik wrote:Charli XCX is the pop artist of the decade.
+1

A legend.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:17 am

cheapthrills wrote:The lyrics of No Doubt's A Simple Kind of Life are some of Gwen's best.
Love that song so I agree with you.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Perma ban is good imo. It's the only thing that prevents this site to become a mess like Atrl. I'm sure mods have a hard time before giving people perma ban but i'm sure they're all justified.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:47 pm

spiritboy wrote:Perma ban is good imo. It's the only thing that prevents this site to become a mess like Atrl. I'm sure mods have a hard time before giving people perma ban but i'm sure they're all justified.
I agree, that featuring is a must on every forum, the only question is when to use it.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Who?
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Hugo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:47 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:
Who?
spiritboy wrote:Perma ban is good imo.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby spiritboy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Return to The Lounge