How Are You Feeling?

Moderator: Spartan

Postby jason2379 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:40 pm

How are you feeling right now?

Right now I feel sad for some reason? :-? I'm also annoyed because I cant find my phone charger....but I'm more sad.

Post people!!
Embarrassed to be apart of this mess 8-)
jason2379
Superstar

Postby AyumiH » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:44 pm

Sorry to hear that Jason! Things always tend to get lost right when you need them eh? If only I were more organized...!

Right now I'm mixed. Hopeful, but it's been a rough year and I'm tired of people and their fake emotions and promises. I wish everyone were just honest...it makes life that much easier and stress-free, if only they could see that.
AyumiH
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:50 pm

I'm good, thanks for asking! I always like to keep a positive outlook, there were a couple of weeks last year where I wasn't happy with my life and I wasn't myself but in general I always keep a positive outlook and remain happy as my friends from here who actually know me will atest to..

I understand how people can be sad and let it get them down but I just don't see the point, it doesn't get me anywhere so I just try to focus on the good in life - for example I just started a work shift that will take me til 8am - horrible - but THINK OF THE MONEY and all the alcohol it will get me! Wahoo!
I enjoy being a positive person :D
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Skelofect » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:20 am

Have to say, after our meeting I did walk away feeling more positive for being around you Adam.

I want to agree, and usually I am like you - there's a positive spin on everything and life is about going through bad things because it would be dull if it was always good.

But, at the minute I do feel a bit down. I don't sleep well and I think I've got a lot of serious life problems going on that I don't want to be dealing with.

AyumiH wrote:I wish everyone were just honest...it makes life that much easier and stress-free, if only they could see that.
I could not agree more, my problems seem to mostly come from me trying to initiate with other people & I just wish they could see my point of view, but again life would boring. But yeah definitely, people should be more honest.
Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...
Skelofect
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:03 am

Skelofect wrote:Have to say, after our meeting I did walk away feeling more positive for being around you Adam.
There's literally nothing nicer you could have said, thank you :)

I'm not trying to say by the way that people have no right to feel down, obviously a lot of people have very different circumstances and I know I'm VERY lucky to have a priveliged lifestyle..

I look at things in the words of 'The Holloways - Generator'

I don't live in poverty
I got a little bit of money and I got a healthy body
Not gonna let stuff get me upset
And I won't let the little things get me depressed
8-)
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby joao » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:17 am

I´m feeling happy now. A few hours I was very, very sad, cause one of my friends has her birthday this saturday, and I heard some of our common friends talking about a party and stuff and that made me think she was going to have a party and didn´t invite me! :evil: That made me really sad, but now I just discovered she won´t have a birthday party, and they were talking about a wedding they are going to, and the couple who is going to marry are not my friends, so I don´t bother not being invited, lol. In other words, I´m happy because my friend is not having a birthday party - lol. :lol:
joao
Superstar

Postby John » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:25 am

I'm... actually pretty good, as some of you may have guessed from the way my behaviour around here has changed lately.

For once, all the drama in my life seems to be around me rather than directly involving me - three of my housemates are having a big drama-rama amongst themselves and I'm the one they all come to when they need to talk. If I'm honest, it makes a nice change - not just for the drama to be someone else's rather than my own to deal with, but to feel like I'm serving a purpose by being there for everyone without being asked to take sides.

Aside from that: I'm doing something I enjoy in a city that I love, I've got a bunch of really good friends around me, an iPod full of kickass music in my ears and enough money to feed myself and buy the occasional video game. Sure there's a few problems here and there, but nothing I can't cope with - I'm generally trying to keep everything on the positive and it seems to be working round about now.
This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.
John
Chief Kitten Herder

Postby king_oxymoron » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:43 am

Good for you man! You're going to be leaving rose petals round the forums soon!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Virgostar » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:19 am

I'm ok right now I guess, but the whole process before you get an job interview is getting me down a bit and my tendency towards procrastination isn't helping either. I've finally got most of my résumé done, but I'm having trouble trying to link experiences with my key strengths (I've got 2 so far, I need a few more). I can think up a few of them (e.g. reliable, hard working etc), but how the hell can I tell a prospective employer that I'm all of this if I can't back it up with evidence? Reading job advice on websites isn't quite helping either, its kinda doing my head in...that and the fact that I want to get out of retail and move into an office environment (purely cos I want a M-F, 9-5 kinda job, none of this weekends or Thursday nights BS for me) with little if any experience (I never went to university or a technical college, therefore I have no other qualifications aside from my HSC and the course that I just completed about 6 weeks ago).

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Dalmatin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:51 am

I feel you, Shell, I hate looking for a job. that's why I'm constantly postponing even starting doing it...

otherwise, really, my life has never been better. I live with a girl I love, who shares more of my interests (not as much views, but oh well) with me than any of my former girlfriends, who I can talk to about absolutely - and I mean it - everything and who enjoys taking care of me, and who I enjoy taking care of.

it slightly affected my ability to communicate with other people - since I simply don't have time for anybody else these days, but I'm trying to figure it out and hopefully I succeed in it most of the time

so, life is great. except for slight money issues. which will be dealt with. I guess. hehe...

I wish everyone in this thread good luck in all their beginnings :wink:
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby Terence » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:58 am

Oh Shell, I so know how you feel - it's like a flashback from my life two/three years ago!

Skelofect wrote:
But, at the minute I do feel a bit down. I don't sleep well and I think I've got a lot of serious life problems going on that I don't want to be dealing with.
Oh dude, if you need someone to talk to, don't think twice! We haven't spoken in ages!!

At the moment I feel like hating myself (as always) and my immature self. The problem is, I have definitely matured & moved on over the past few years but at times I regret my behaviour around certain people or some of my actions which would definitely make me look/seem immature. Gee - I wish we can neevr grow up to be honest as anything is acceptable if you're young.

Physically speaking, I'm very tired as I have just come back from a hectic 12-hour shift!
Terence
Euro-trash Freak

Postby crazyman324 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:17 am

I'm tired. And I'm a thief- I stole some of my flatemates milk! It tasted ropey though so I think karma got me. :(
crazyman324
The Ringleader

Postby nekoocz » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:48 am

Lonely, tired, sick of guys in Prague
nekoocz
Legend

Postby chaottic » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:50 am

kind of sick my throat hurts and not really in the mood.. i have been procrastinating stuff and basically been doing nothing for the past 3 weeks and i feel useless..
chaottic
Manager

Postby steophonic » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:55 am

I am generally alright. I feel more settled, nice girlfriend, decent job, finally having enough money to afford holidays and things.

If anything, I feel a bit bored and I feel like I'm old now! :( I miss all my crazy nights out with the lads. I am lucky to have a good bunch of friends and I probably feel the most confident I have ever felt in myself.

I miss the city sometimes and desperately want to move out of my parents house but I can live with it for the time being!
steophonic
Music Junkie

Postby irishguy28 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:05 am

I'm feeling good! After a bad couple of months I think I'm back. I've got that Friday feeling - I'm off to Madrid in a minute for a weekend away.
irishguy28

Postby nekoocz » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:28 am

steophonic wrote:I am generally alright. I feel more settled, nice girlfriend, decent job, finally having enough money to afford holidays and things.

If anything, I feel a bit bored and I feel like I'm old now! :( I miss all my crazy nights out with the lads. I am lucky to have a good bunch of friends and I probably feel the most confident I have ever felt in myself.

I miss the city sometimes and desperately want to move out of my parents house but I can live with it for the time being!
How old are you ?
nekoocz
Legend

Postby jason2379 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:35 am

^^ /Bye. Have fun!

It's good to see all thos positive comments.

I'm feeling better now. But I still cant find my bloody charger... :x I really dont want to feel down, I'm usually quite a happy person, and that happy person is the real me. But I do get in bad moods quite often and it bugs me because the smallest things could bring me down or annoy me. But I guess lately I'm under a bit of stress (I dont deal well with any sort of stress) and I'm starting to look at things in a different way. It's really not good for me.....
jason2379
Superstar

Postby jszmiles » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:39 am

Feeling good I think. Thank God its Friday and tonight Im going to see Ladytron. Im a bit sleepy but some cops of coffee saves the day... :wink:

Like the topic. Hope it wont die.
jszmiles
Legend

Postby gaz_uk » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:12 am

Virgostar wrote:I'm ok right now I guess, but the whole process before you get an job interview is getting me down a bit and my tendency towards procrastination isn't helping either. I've finally got most of my résumé done, but I'm having trouble trying to link experiences with my key strengths (I've got 2 so far, I need a few more). I can think up a few of them (e.g. reliable, hard working etc), but how the hell can I tell a prospective employer that I'm all of this if I can't back it up with evidence? Reading job advice on websites isn't quite helping either, its kinda doing my head in...that and the fact that I want to get out of retail and move into an office environment (purely cos I want a M-F, 9-5 kinda job, none of this weekends or Thursday nights BS for me) with little if any experience (I never went to university or a technical college, therefore I have no other qualifications aside from my HSC and the course that I just completed about 6 weeks ago).

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Ugh... I know exactly what you mean - I'm in the same position myself. I want to do a PGCE next year (which basically converts my degree into a teaching qualification) so at the moment I'm trying to a get a placement with a school for some classroom experience.

So now I've basically got to somehow convince the schools that I can apply my skills and experience from my previous roles in recruitment, sales, and the family restaurant to the teaching environment. :lol:

Other than that though everything's just fine and dandy! :lol:
"I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"
gaz_uk
Superstar

Postby Skelofect » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:12 pm

jason2379 wrote:I'm feeling better now. But I still cant find my bloody charger... :x
I really miss the days when losing my phone charger could be the worst thing to happen to me. :cry:

jlo17 wrote:I wish we can neevr grow up to be honest as anything is acceptable if you're young
Agree with that! No matter how many days you go through a certain level of worry-freeness it's still hard to not feel the same as being young. It's like the transition from having fun, going out, being care-free to dealing with heartbreak, divorce, health issues, money problems, people in life making you feel you're not good enough. It's all such a mess of emotions.

I think, better to be grateful for the hard times though because that's when you truly know what you can deal with.

*goes to kitchen to find knife and sleeping tablets* What! I'm having sleeping problems and I always cut them up as 1's too much for me.
Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...
Skelofect
Legend

Postby Loose » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:14 pm

My back hurts like hell!!
WE COULD'VE HAD IT ALL WITHOUT THE CHAINS | THAT PALACES MAKE
Loose
Legend

Postby jason2379 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Im ok today :)
jason2379
Superstar

Postby ryan_9048 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:58 pm

disappointed

coz after a couple of days with shitty broadband and finally having my connection back someone ain't online

:(
:evil: :evil: :evil:

also

i feel

sleeepy

already 1am here in Manila.

so...

*spamming postponed*
ryan_9048
Superstar

Postby Lehmann » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:00 am

i'm tired :-?