Who Here Smokes?

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby Serby » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:02 am

Open space, so no right to complain. I hate cars and the pollution they make, but what can I do. Other than that, no ones forcig you to (2nd hand) smoke.

Next argument? Also people don't really kill someone with a car or get violent cuz of cigs as they sometimes do when they drink.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby JokesieTheClown » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:28 am

weed? yes I do
JokesieTheClown
Personal Assistant

Postby urbanmusik » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:32 am

Drinking does get a bad rep as well, but not as much as smoking since most people don't drink anywhere near as much compared to the amount the average smoker smokes.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby Serby » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:51 am

urbanmusik wrote:Drinking does get a bad rep as well, but not as much as smoking since most people don't drink anywhere near as much compared to the amount the average smoker smokes.
Not sure I agree. Although I do ahree smoking is everyday thig unlike drinking, the effect of overdoing it is much worse when it comes to drinking. We even lost one member of UKmix to some drunk driver.

I know I'm a bit biased when it comes to this topic, but why is smoking the most hated vice of them all is beyond me. There are many far worse.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:12 pm

I think I tried a cig once, and I couldn't understand how it worked, so I said F this its too hard.

+ I do agree, seeing the effects on certain family members really strikes a cord.

But here in Aus (Brissy), drugs and drinking are just as bad, so you have to be careful when you're out clubbing. Though that is an environment you put yourself into.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby MrDiva » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:16 pm

Smoke free since December 16...
MrDiva
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 pm

Serby wrote:Open space, so no right to complain. I hate cars and the pollution they make, but what can I do. Other than that, no ones forcig you to (2nd hand) smoke.
Of course I can complain. :lol:

Smoking is a disgusting habit - see, I did it again.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:27 pm

Serby wrote:
urbanmusik wrote:Drinking does get a bad rep as well, but not as much as smoking since most people don't drink anywhere near as much compared to the amount the average smoker smokes.
Not sure I agree. Although I do ahree smoking is everyday thig unlike drinking, the effect of overdoing it is much worse when it comes to drinking. We even lost one member of UKmix to some drunk driver.

I know I'm a bit biased when it comes to this topic, but why is smoking the most hated vice of them all is beyond me. There are many far worse.
It’s just more annoying to people. At the end of the day I don’t give two f’s about some strangers health, screw that, but smoking:
Leaves a nasty smell where you go and can get o your clothes
Secondhand smoking is worse for ones own health
It’s annoying af when it gets on your eyes

So overall I would find a person smoking close to me much more annoying than a person drinking...

But yes drinking gets you drunk and can be very dangerous too such as a fatal accident to someone else
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:31 pm

Wayne wrote:
Serby wrote:Open space, so no right to complain. I hate cars and the pollution they make, but what can I do. Other than that, no ones forcig you to (2nd hand) smoke.
Of course I can complain. :lol:

Smoking is a disgusting habit - see, I did it again.
:lol:
The car argument is lame af :lol: idk about u all but a cars fumes have never been right next or smelled as strong/bad to me like a smokers nasty smoke :lol:

If I see a smoker crossing the street it’s fine cause he’s far enough I don’t have to notice the smell, just like with a car :lol: but if he passes right next to me it’s irritating if his smoke blows all over my face...in comparison I’ve never had my face right next to the back of a car as fumes came out :lol: it’s all going in the air but not right next to me like at a bar or restaurant

Lastly, the issue with cars is that they pollute, the issue most people have with smokers is the nasty smell and smoke. Most people aren’t concerned with smokers polluting the world :lol: so again the car argument just makes no sense since we aren’t talking about pollution rather nasty smoke smell
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Jesper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:36 am

I would never just call smoking simply just a 'habit', it is a proper addiction and as long as we just gonna handle it as something you could quit like for example biting your fingernails, I don't think we ever gonna be able to make it 'not normal' and make people properly quit.
Smoking works in some departments just like an eating disorder where people binge or overeat because mentally it feels like it solves or helps them to deal with their problems or stress or as reward in some cases. For smokers it also works like a stress reliever or something as a reward. Most people can't just simply quit by looking at the costs or think about their health, since just like most other addictions and certain disorders your mind tells you that you need the cigaret to properly function daily. And just like with quoting alcohol or hard drugs even years after quitting you can still struggle daily with the thought of the need of your old addiction.

And as long as governments just like the fact that they get loads of money through excise duties, I think it will take a very long time until this problem will be solved.

I don't smoke, I only tried it and didn't understood why people did it, but after I still see my mother and brother struggle with quitting and focusing my thesis on addiction, I feel a bit worried in the way we threat smokers. Since they get banned from all kinds of places just under the simple tag that they should take their 'habit' outside or elsewhere, while that doesn't solve the actual problem. It only makes people think of smokers like outcasts. While in comparison to most addictions, smoking could be one of the most easier addictions to handle since mentally smoking doesn't affect your life as much as drugs or alcohol do. Since even if you are under 'influence' of the cigaret, you can still have a proper conversation with someone who smokes, and that works differently with most other addictions.

Governments should work with healthcare to make it easier to get help and quit and governments should make it harder to obtain and make it a serious social health issue instead of getting the coins and say it is all in people's own hands. Since if we would replace smoking with a meth addiction I think the problem would already been 'solved' years ago.

#endrant
Jesper
Legend

Postby Serby » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Michiel, is that you? :lol: slay! :D
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby TheRealest » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:11 pm

JokesieTheClown wrote:weed? yes I do
I wish I could
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby Serby » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:44 am

TheRealest wrote:
I wish I could
Why can't you?

Although illegal, Austria is so chill when it comes to weed. Well, Vienna at least.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:41 am

Serby wrote:
TheRealest wrote:
I wish I could
Why can't you?

Although illegal, Austria is so chill when it comes to weed. Well, Vienna at least.
Wait is it really illegal? I see so many people doing it that Ive always thought it was just legal so whatever :lol: :lol: :o
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:48 am

Serby wrote:
TheRealest wrote:
I wish I could
Why can't you?

I did notice this when I was in Vienna a few months ago.
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby Serby » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:23 pm

You were in Vienna? :o :o ummm why didn't we meet???????????
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:26 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Wait is it really illegal? I see so many people doing it that Ive always thought it was just legal so whatever :lol: :lol: :o
Well, not sure about the details, but smoking in public yes, quite sure. Though yoi can buy and grow yoir own plants, yhere are some limitations to using it I think. But where I work, there's always people smoking weed in the corner and no one really cares. :lol: it's like, just don't do it right in front of the people working there. :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Serby wrote:You were in Vienna? :o :o ummm why didn't we meet???????????
I see how it is, u wanna meet other bishes but not me that I’m here :roll: :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Serby » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Idk, never had any beef with my kangaroo sis. :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby TheRealest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:47 am

Serby wrote:
TheRealest wrote:
I wish I could
Why can't you?
My job does random drug screenings and I could lose my license sis
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby Serby » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:38 am

Omg :o its time for a sugar daddy, sis, cuz...the sacrifice is bigger this way anyway. :lol:

Must be a cool job if you need a license? Lawyer, medical related or what if I may ask?
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:09 pm

Serby wrote:You were in Vienna? :o :o ummm why didn't we meet???????????
Well I hadn't been active on here for almost 10 months :lol:, and while I was travelling around Europe I didn't think any UKMixers would actually want to meet me and hang out :lol:. Next time :D
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby Serby » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:08 am

Ummm really, after we used to chat quite a bit. Cant believe it lol next time as if you live in Austria and Australia :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:09 am

Serby wrote:Idk, never had any beef with my kangaroo sis. :lol:
UGH!
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Serby » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:12 am