I'll see what I can find about these two, thx
¡Eh, mamá!
Me quiero matar
El mundo se va a la mierda
Y no he hecho nada
flopho
Legend

Postby Serby » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:11 am

While in Belgrade, one day trip to my city Novi Sad, would be worth it. Lovely fortress there and a cute city centre. Also a really cute town of Sremski Karlovci just next to Novi Sad. You could do both in a single day and it's only about 1h or so far from Belgrade. :D
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Jerz » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:23 am

By December 28 to 30, 2018, before New Years' Day, I'll be at Club Balai Isabel Resort in Talisay, Batangas as well as in Talisay as well. There's a perfect view to Taal Volcano.
Jerz
Manager

Postby TIfan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:02 am

Turkey was beautiful. The people were so sweet, and Cappadocia was life.

I just got my Visa online, and I am ready for Australia now. Hopefully next month.
TIfan
Legend

Postby BeeBoy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:15 am

Jerz wrote:By December 28 to 30, 2018, before New Years' Day, I'll be at Club Balai Isabel Resort in Talisay, Batangas as well as in Talisay as well. There's a perfect view to Taal Volcano.
I've been to Taal when I visited Philippines 2017. Really enjoyed crossing the lake by boat and then hiking to the vulcano summit :D
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby jio » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:40 am

I just came back from a week in Andalusia (southern Spain)... although I totally skipped the seaside cities, it was totally fantastic, I recommend it
jio
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:33 am

Going to Quito, Ecuador today! My first time in South America :D
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby RayRay » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:29 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Going to Quito, Ecuador today! My first time in South America :D
South America is stunningly beautiful.

I lived on Curaçao and went on holiday to Venezuela several times (years ago).
Going to see more there is on my wishlist.
RayRay
Legend

Postby TIfan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:50 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Going to Quito, Ecuador today! My first time in South America :D
Baby when you gone take me somewhere?
TIfan
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:30 pm

RayRay wrote:

Do you think Curaçao is worth visiting as a tourist? I mean I’m sure it’s nice but compared to other islands on the Caribbean, how does it rank vacation wise to you? :D
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:59 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
RayRay wrote:

Do you think Curaçao is worth visiting as a tourist? I mean I’m sure it’s nice but compared to other islands on the Caribbean, how does it rank vacation wise to you? :D
Curaçao is absolutely amazing as a tourist destination! It had one of the most picturesque beach I have ever seen when it comes to the Americas!

Willelmstad is also nice for a few hours. It's funny to see that typically Dutch architecture in such surroundings. It's also very colourful and makes it extra special.

I think I preferred it to Aruba.
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Serby » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:46 pm

Didn't one of the islands get completly destroyed by the last huricane?
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:42 pm

Serby wrote:Didn't one of the islands get completly destroyed by the last huricane?
I think you are talking about Barbuda.

Which is not part of the former Dutch Antilles such as Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao.
Mainshow
Legend

Postby clh_hilary » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:57 pm

They love KFC there! Be sure to go to the Galapagos and Cuenca.
WhatTheHell wrote:Voice of the truth here!! :(
clh_hilary
Superstar

Postby clh_hilary » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:59 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Do you think Curaçao is worth visiting as a tourist? I mean I’m sure it’s nice but compared to other islands on the Caribbean, how does it rank vacation wise to you? :D
Curaçao is just one of those islands. It doesn't stand out. But beach resorts are everywhere anyway, and if you want to see great marine life, Mexico has everything, that's why many people do island hopping.
clh_hilary
Superstar

Postby clh_hilary » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:09 pm

I like travelling alone. That way you don't have to wait for someone else to get things confirmed and booked.

I have been to -

Asia: Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Malaysia, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, India, Israel, Palestine, Turkey, (Cyprus,) Jordan, Thailand

Europe: England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, the Vatican, Serbia, Latvia, Russia, Greece, (Turkey,) Austria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic

Africa: Egypt

North America: The United States, Mexico, Canada, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Belize, Cuba, Curaçao, Panama

South America: Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador(, Panama)

Oceania: Australia(, Chile)

This past summer I went to Bolivia, Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Hong Kong, North Korea, Mexico, China, The United States, Canada, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Myanmar. In the autumn, I'm going to Oaxaca, Mexico (the second time) for the Day of the Dead celebrations, and then this Christmas I'm trying to book a tour to Chilean Patagonia and Antartica.

In the future, I'm thinking of going to Indonesia, The Phillippines, Iran, Mongolia, Denmark, Iceland, South Africa, Kenya, Morrocco, Napel, Hungary, and that Oceanic islands nation that has stood firm against China. But nothing has been planned yet. I'm considering travelling somewhere in the beginning of next year after Antartica, but also feeling like I'll already have spent so much money so perhaps should just somewhere within Mexico. Or maybe I'll go to the Yellowstone national park. Not sure yet.

---

My favourite archaeological sites have been:
Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Stonehenge, England
Palenque, Mexico
The Taj Mahal, India

And that is after visiting all 7 new world wonders and the only surviving ancient world wonder.

But my favourite country to visit overall is Italy, with Rome being the top of my list, and Venice and Verona occupying the second and third places. Other favourites include Russia, Mexico, Argentina, and Cambodia.

My least favourite places to visit were Uruguay, Egypt, Israel, and the United States (other than Washington D.C.). I also had a bad experience in Guatemala.
Last edited by clh_hilary on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clh_hilary
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:14 pm

^that’s amazing! Travel goals :D 8-)

clh_hilary wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:Do you think Curaçao is worth visiting as a tourist? I mean I’m sure it’s nice but compared to other islands on the Caribbean, how does it rank vacation wise to you? :D
Curaçao is just one of those islands. It doesn't stand out. But beach resorts are everywhere anyway, and if you want to see great marine life, Mexico has everything, that's why many people do island hopping.
Cool, may I ask where in Mexico u r? I have family in Monterrey and Mexico City. I was actually in Monterrey a few weeks ago. But I def want to go to some of the beaches!
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby clh_hilary » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:32 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Cool, may I ask where in Mexico u r? I have family in Monterrey and Mexico City. I was actually in Monterrey a few weeks ago. But I def want to go to some of the beaches!
I'm in a city in the State of Mexico that is within the Mexico City metropolitan area. I have never been to Monterry. The Mexicans I asked told me it's nothing special.

Even though I have travelled all over Mexico, I haven't been to that many beaches, so can't say I'm an expert on it. I've only been to the beaches in the states of Veracruz, Quintana Roo, Campeche, and Tobasco. The beaches of Cancun's and Isla Mujeres's definitely rival those of Thailand's and Malaysia's. And if you look it up, they have the best diversity of marine life you can find in the region, including whale sharks, blue sharks, and sailfish. You can see great white sharks in the west, but you'd have to go all the way to the remote Guadalupe Island for them.

Tulum has also the added advantage of having the great Maya ruins right next to the beach, not to mention the sites in Yucatan and the sinkholes (partial evidence of the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs) are all very close.

My favourite places in Mexico are Campeche City, Palenque ruins, Puebla City, San Luis Potosi City, Veracruz City, Guadalajara, Guanajuato City, San Cristobal de las Casas, Amecameca, Tlaxcala City. There are many unique sites also such as Casas Grandes in Chihuahua and the circular pyramids in Jalisco (near Tequila), not to mention the murals in the state of Tlaxcala and colossal heads (now) in Villahermosa.

On a side note, "HRH" stands for "His/Her Royal Highness" and is the style for a non-sovereign prince or princess. (A sovereign prince would be a "Serene Highness" like HSH The Prince of Monaco.) A king would have the style "Majesty". Kings before Charles, the Holy Roman Emperor in the 1500s, were styled as highnesses but "royal highness" was a much later style.
clh_hilary
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:47 pm

Mainshow wrote:
Serby wrote:Didn't one of the islands get completly destroyed by the last huricane?
I think you are talking about Barbuda.

Which is not part of the former Dutch Antilles such as Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao.
The Dutch Antilles has three more islands: St Maarten, St Eustatius and Saba.
Sint Maarten was hit by a huricane.
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:50 pm

Mainshow wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:
RayRay wrote:

Curaçao is absolutely amazing as a tourist destination! It had one of the most picturesque beach I have ever seen when it comes to the Americas!

Willelmstad is also nice for a few hours. It's funny to see that typically Dutch architecture in such surroundings. It's also very colourful and makes it extra special.

I think I preferred it to Aruba.
That's really nice to hear. I love Curaçao because I lived there, but I although I can't compare first hand, I always thought other islands to be more beautiful. Curaçao does have a beautiful city and lots of small beaches. We used to drive to a beach and when there were more then ten people, we'd drive to the next beach. One of the beaches has lots of fisher boats, where they throw some dead fish back in the sea, which attracks a lot of sea turtles. I loved to go swimming there and be surrounded by at least a dozen big sea turtles.
RayRay
Legend

Postby jochen » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Just had a bizznes trio to Istanbul

Last week.

Very aggresse people at the airport while flying back.
I felt like beeing part of this film Not without my daughter. Lol

In the city people were amazing and kind
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby clh_hilary » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:03 pm

jochen wrote:Just had a bizznes trio to Istanbul

Last week.

Very aggresse people at the airport while flying back.
I felt like beeing part of this film Not without my daughter. Lol

In the city people were amazing and kind
Istanbul is nice indeed. It's the most developed city in the Muslim world I have visited I believe. And not a completely new city, but one with so many impressive historical buildings.

Near the Blue Mosque some Turks chatted up to me too.
clh_hilary
Superstar

Postby Serby » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:29 pm

Wow, you went to Serbia over neighboring countries, not very common. Where and what was your experience if I may ask?
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:44 pm

Serby wrote:Wow, you went to Serbia over neighboring countries, not very common. Where and what was your experience if I may ask?
I wanna go to Serbia sometime, do you have any recommendations for towns/cities besides Belgrade? :D
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby clh_hilary » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:47 pm

Serby wrote:Wow, you went to Serbia over neighboring countries, not very common. Where and what was your experience if I may ask?
Belgrade. Well, it's a transport hub. It was quite uneventful, and perhaps it was too packed, I literally don't remember anything at all. But if I don't remember anything, it couldn't have been too bad.

I have considered going to the nearby countries, but I'm not terribly interested in going to the beach and there are just so many other places to go to. I had only a month, so I chose to spend it mostly in Russia and Greece.

Next time in Europe, (I'll probably go back to Oxford for something and maybe go to the Jurrasic Coast,) I'll likely go to Hungary, Spain, Germany properly, Denmark, or Portugal over the Balkans.

After Antartica, Africa is the continent I'm really setting my sight on, though. At the very least, I'll want to go to Morroco and go to any other country to see the wildlife.
clh_hilary
Superstar

Return to The Lounge