University & College

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby Rihab » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:13 am

Serby wrote:Ikr, mental health care is so funny and pointless. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cruel. I guess ‘be kind to every kind’ does not include fellow humans.
Rihab
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:23 am

Mental illness is not funny but this seems to only encourage it imo, can hardly be a good way to prepare people for the real world, I’m sure you’ll spin a perfectly valid point again though.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby aRat » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:04 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:Mental illness is not funny but this seems to only encourage it imo, can hardly be a good way to prepare people for the real world, I’m sure you’ll spin a perfectly valid point again though.
I agree tbh, someone who has social anxiety for example shouldn't have "safe spaces" where they can hide and be alone. That seems like exactly the opposite of what you should do to get rid of the problem.

Also even if they have safe spaces at Uni, once they graduate they will have to search for jobs and job interviews are ruthless if you aren't prepared. At the job itself most of the time (especially at the beginning) you need to work with others and they will sort you out very quickly if you can't cooperate and always isolate yourself.

The concept of safe spaces just seems to enhance and normalize a problem instead of trying to solve it IMO. All Unis have psychologists that work for the students where students can express themselves and work on their problems. That seems like a much better option IMO.
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby biscuits » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:22 pm

^ your best post
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Serby » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Rihab wrote:
Serby wrote:Ikr, mental health care is so funny and pointless. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cruel. I guess ‘be kind to every kind’ does not include fellow humans.
Sorry it wasn't that obvious, but it was a joke cuz I felt someone was mocking the mental health issues and went the sarcastic route.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:29 pm

aRat wrote:
CrazyCrazy wrote:Mental illness is not funny but this seems to only encourage it imo, can hardly be a good way to prepare people for the real world, I’m sure you’ll spin a perfectly valid point again though.
I agree tbh, someone who has social anxiety for example shouldn't have "safe spaces" where they can hide and be alone. That seems like exactly the opposite of what you should do to get rid of the problem.

Also even if they have safe spaces at Uni, once they graduate they will have to search for jobs and job interviews are ruthless if you aren't prepared. At the job itself most of the time (especially at the beginning) you need to work with others and they will sort you out very quickly if you can't cooperate and always isolate yourself.

The concept of safe spaces just seems to enhance and normalize a problem instead of trying to solve it IMO. All Unis have psychologists that work for the students where students can express themselves and work on their problems. That seems like a much better option IMO.
Member of the year
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby DnBLover » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:14 pm

aRat wrote:The concept of safe spaces just seems to enhance and normalize a problem instead of trying to solve it IMO. All Unis have psychologists that work for the students where students can express themselves and work on their problems. That seems like a much better option IMO.
I agree with you on everything and especially this part.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:19 am

MusicRecords wrote:
yes, it's all a hoax 8-)
#youcontrolyourbrainnottheotherwayaround
not true at all, but I hope you were playing along to Serby's joke

mental health is really important, but I agree with aRat on this one
Carbon
Legend

Postby Loose » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:46 am

I‘m signing up again for a Bachelor‘s degree in Business Communication. :oops:
It's handled. (Olivia Pope)
Loose
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:50 pm

Guess who's been accepted to do their year studying abroad at VU in Amstedam? :D :D :D
♡ i bloom just for you ♡

bluecherry
Manager

Postby Serby » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:14 pm

bluecherry wrote:Guess who's been accepted to do their year studying abroad at VU in Amstedam? :D :D :D
Omg who? :o

Jk congrats sis!!!
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Return to The Lounge