Skin Tone & Tanning

Moderator: Spartan

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:43 am

Who uses extra help to change their skin tone? I've always been naturally quite pale and have rarely used any form of tanning product. I did have a couple of spray tans when I were younger, but I found it to flake off and look awful after a couple of days, lately I've started to use a Boots No.7 false tan thing and I don't mind it but I hate the smell and stickiness of wearing fake tan and the problem is a little is never enough, once you think you look good you put more and more on and end up looking like...

I can't abide guys with orange skin.

I've never been on a sunbed either but I don't like the idea of it, or the result.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby jason2379 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:48 am

Ugh, I hate it. Especially on fellas.
Embarrassed to be apart of this mess 8-)
jason2379
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:51 am

Never done the whole tanning thing myself, mostly for the fear of turning out orange, which happened to a high school friend of mine once. Despite the projected image of bronzed Aussies, there are pale-skinned people in Australia like myself...and personally, I just can't be bothered with the whole tanning thing, too high-maintenance.

Would NEVER do a sunbed or solarium, such a dumb thing when there's plenty of fake tan products on the market and plus it can give you skin cancer if you use it a lot - there's been some high profile cases in Australia of people getting melanomas from using sunbeds...one girl a few years back passed away from skin cancer after using sunbeds and it was only then that the whole issue attracted media attention.
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby nekoocz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:55 am

Shane, can I ask you where did you take an inspiration to make this topic ? :lol:
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:56 am

nekoo3372 wrote:Shane, can I ask you where did you take an inspiration to make this topic ? :lol:
It was you :P

I told you that my new blue sheets had come off on my skin and you suggested that if they'da been brown I coulda got a tan out of it :lol:
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Merci » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:00 pm

tan could be necessary at times.. but some people take it too far!
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Thombus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:07 pm

Must admit I'm partial to a bit of ye old sunbed, but only in preperation for special occasions/holidays.

My fiancee is quite the tanorexic though. She used to use the sunbeds up to five times a week, but now uses them twice a week at 9 minutes a time. She was also ademant she wanted to use melanotan injections, but I put my foot down on that one!
Thombus
Tran Fan

Postby Murat » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Snookie is my hero. <3
Murat
Manager

Postby Thriller » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Never used a sunbed or fake tan, I have just accepted to live with being pale! I don't think I could ever be arsed with the effort, it's bad enough having to shave :lol:
Thriller

Postby xtofer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:27 pm

Oh, people here are sooo obsessed of making themselves white... it's absurd because they think you're attractive if you are pale.

So we see annoying adverts like this all the time:

:-?
xtofer
Legend

Postby Ahahuha » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:30 pm

well actually i think that whats classy is keep your skin tone the way it is. some people have pale skin (which is my favourite) its great. some people have dark skin its great too. BUT
I just hate it when people go into tanning. i think its cheap and UNHEALTHY. And why exactly is a tanned person more attractive than a pale one? I mean, robert pattinson he is the most beautiful creature on earth and he is white as snow.

i would never ever try to make my skin darker.
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Yoshimo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:33 pm

I'm naturally very fair skinned. When I was younger I hated it and wished I had darker skin but I've grown to love it. I have quite a few friends who love to use the sunbeds but I'm really against it.
The alternative to the real world.
Yoshimo
Manager

Postby nekoocz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:05 pm

xtofer wrote:Image

:-?
get yourself pink ?
I think I would be very attractive in your country :lol:

anyway I´ve seen something similar comming from India, even Nivea was making kinda "whitening creme" :-?
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Bhaggers » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Being half indian, I get witness to this all the time!

Some of my white friends want to be darker, and some of my indian friends want to be lighter.
It's not fair is it!???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
tell the others you've gone to sea...
Bhaggers
Superstar

Postby xtofer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:15 pm

nekoo3372 wrote:get yourself pink ?
Yeah. "pinkish white" is the "in" thing now.
It's annoying coz these kinds of adverts are everywhere.. and it's sending the wrong message to the kids. Why can't we all be comfortable with our skin? :-?
xtofer
Legend

Postby Tom92 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:20 pm

well, im in Florida atm, so my skin has gone a glorious brown colour, which I love. I'd be too embarrased to professionally get a fake one tho, and wouldnt trust myself to do it. I heard that eating loads of carrots and drinking Sunny D can make your skin darker? I still think, you cant beat good old sun tho, its weird cos in winter I tend to get acne breakouts, but in summer and warm weather, I can go months without a single spot, so the sun does me good that way.
Tom92
Legend

Postby Yoshimo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:22 pm

xtofer wrote:
nekoo3372 wrote:get yourself pink ?
Yeah. "pinkish white" is the "in" thing now.
I'd better be getting a cheque sent through my letterbox for this. I had it first, DAMMIT. :lol:
The alternative to the real world.
Yoshimo
Manager

Postby Tom92 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:23 pm

I forgot to add tho, I think its an APPALING society we live in, that its essential to have a good tan. The margin for what it is to look good is becoming smaller and smaller.
Tom92
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:20 pm

nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby xtofer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:36 pm

:roll: oh c'mon :roll:

This one too (nothing much about it but i love the twist of the story in the advert :lol:):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lb9hoQzf7A
xtofer
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:14 pm

"Fair & Lovely" :lol: What a crappy name!
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby king_oxymoron » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:30 pm

I have always been pale and for the most part accepted it, I never tan really. A couple of years ago I tried this thing which was supposed to encourage your skin to tan as well as part fake tan it, but I went a bit orange.

My arms went REALLY brown last summer after the festivals, but I'm not buff enough to take my top off and get the rest of me done in public! I'm not sure why it happened last year as it's never worked before.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby MadeOfBricks » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm quite tanned, I think. I always get a tan really quickly whenever it gets hot or I go on holiday. My girlfriend is almost Nicola Roberts pale though, she loves the old fake tan :)
MadeOfBricks
Manager

Postby HazelEyes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 pm

In the winter I'm somewhat pale and hate it. I have a friend who is so pale and white everyone calls them a ghost. :lol: All the girls with spray tans look worse than just being pale though. :oops: I mean white>>>> orange.

In the summer I love the sun because I become tan and colored. 8-)
Alternative Survivor, vote here:
http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70738
HazelEyes
Manager

Postby Wayne » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:40 pm

I'm all for the orange boys - I think that if done correctly, fake tan look sleek, sexy and really gorgeous. On some people, it just doesn't look right. However, a blonde haired man, with tanned skin, and green/blue clothes is fit :D :lol:

I don't wear fake tan myself though - I've got no need to on my face; the foundation and blush send me looking like an oompa lumpa!
Wayne
Administrator

Return to The Lounge