Skin Tone & Tanning

Moderator: Spartan

Postby Virgostar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:47 am

2 years ago, Virgostar wrote:Would NEVER do a sunbed or solarium, such a dumb thing when there's plenty of fake tan products on the market and plus it can give you skin cancer if you use it a lot - there's been some high profile cases in Australia of people getting melanomas from using sunbeds...one girl a few years back passed away from skin cancer after using sunbeds and it was only then that the whole issue attracted media attention.
There's my answer Shane. I think they've banned people under 18 from using them here now. I don't know of anyone who has ever used one - the fake tan from a salon or DIY is the way to go here.
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby SholasBoy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:45 pm

Well this week I have gone to a tanning salon for the first time, I know it sounds like a lame thing to do reading back through this topic but I don't intend to overdo it. I'm going away in 8 weeks and whenever I go my friends always tan better than me and I spend the first few days burning. I'm (perhaps wrongly) under the impression that going on will help prepare my skin for the sun, so that in less likely to burn and should get a better tan.

I aim to go on for 6 minutes twice a week. My experience has been a little shaky so far though, first time I did the lay down bed but I kept getting Final Destination teas and had to keep hopping out to check the timer, in the end I think I was out more than I was in! I didn't really like the standup one either, it felt quite chlostrophobic and I preferred that the lay down bed had functions such as spraying you wit a must to cool down.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Shorty » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:43 pm

I am naturally tanned now. I've been tan for a couple of years now and it hasn't faded.

NZ has some strong sun cos the ozone layer here is thin, so the sun is naturally stronger. You get tan just from being out and about in summer here, plus sunburn is extremely common (you can get sunburnt on cloudy days). Plus I've spent quite a bit of time in the USA in summer, so that helped.

You should see how tanned I got after Wrestlemania 31 - it was held in an open air stadium with no roof in California and the sun was blazing down on us. I was in the sun for about 3 or 4 hours, but I didn't get sunburnt AT ALL. I just ended up even more tan than I was already was :lol:

I don't see the need for tanning beds or tanning lotion cos I can get it naturally.
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Spartan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:46 pm

Not the Final Destination teas! :lol:
Spartan
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:50 pm

Final Destination! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also really wanna try it, just for the sake of it cuz I'm really interested to see what it feels like, but I usually have no problems tanning and I always get thatniiice bronze tan. However, I think twice a week, 8 weeks long will get you wuite some colour tbh, that's a lot of time and you might get that fake tan already.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Yoshimo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Final Destination teas, oh Shane you're such a prat. :lol: <3

I've come to accept the fact that I just don't like the sun. I'm probably the whitest lad anyone's ever seen - this is me, in case you're all curious to see what a real life ghost might look like - and I literally have to lather myself in sun cream if the temperature goes anything above 'warm', because if I don't, I'll get frazzled. I've never liked getting a tan anyway, I can think of far better things to do than frying my skin to the point where you can cook bacon on it.
The alternative to the real world.
Yoshimo
Manager

Postby Serby » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:00 pm

Sun bathing is one of the most beautiful things ever, it's like non-physical sex, omg :cry: :cry:

Can't wait to fry in the sun, love that feeling. :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Madgefan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:30 pm

Serby wrote:Sun bathing is one of the most beautiful things ever, it's like non-physical sex, omg :cry: :cry:

Can't wait to fry in the sun, love that feeling. :lol:
I hate it ... I got burnt yesterday for the first time in years. Plus sunbathing gets really boring, I can't stay still for more than 2 mins :)
It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is
Madgefan
Superstar

Postby oaknuys » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm always a tad tanned looking based on my default skin tone so whenever i go sunbathing i get quick good results... but getting tanned under the sun would always give me extreme headaches afterwards lol i prefer to go swimming along to it therefore the extreme headaches would be a little less bad. I always feel as if my brain got fried or something afterwards lol
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Virgostar » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:50 am

^ I get headaches if I've had too much sun & not enough hydration.

All this talk in here of you guys using tanning beds & worshipping the sun (and I presume you're doing this without sunscreen) makes me Image...I've mentioned why it does many times before, so I won't go into it again.
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Wayne » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:53 am

I don't go on sun beds or spend great deals of time in the sun - it's never really been my thing to be honest.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:55 am

Wayne wrote:
04wayne wrote:I don't wear fake tan myself though - I've got no need to on my face; the foundation and blush send me looking like an oompa lumpa!
OMG as if I wrote this.
Mortified.

It goes without saying that I don't wear anything like this anymore.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Serby » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:03 am

Wayne. :lol: :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Airwrecka » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:33 am

I'm definitely at the Nicola Roberts end of the spectrum. I hate sun cream because it's so messy and sticky, but I have to wear factor 50 because I burn so easily. :cry:
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Serby » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Airwrecka wrote:I'm definitely at the Nicola Roberts end of the spectrum. I hate sun cream because it's so messy and sticky, but I have to wear factor 50 because I burn so easily. :cry:
Never heard of sun spray- the unsticky, fast-dry ones? :lol: and omg at needing 50 factor in UK, do you ever go to sea (Spain or so) and if so, do you wear 80 factor or something?
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby ArmyOfMe » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:39 pm

Airwrecka wrote:I'm definitely at the Nicola Roberts end of the spectrum. I hate sun cream because it's so messy and sticky, but I have to wear factor 50 because I burn so easily. :cry:
Same. I got sunburnt on my neck for staying exposed under the sun for half an hour two weeks ago :cry: I just wish my skin was a bit darker in order to avoid this, but all in all the super tanned type is an eyesore to me.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Serby » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:44 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:
Same. I got sunburnt on my neck for staying exposed under the sun for half an hour two weeks ago :cry: I just wish my skin was a bit darker in order to avoid this, but all in all the super tanned type is an eyesore to me.
Racist. :lol:

I get that Latino twist every summer, I get quite browny. 8-) :lol: More versatile than your faves tbh (no pun)
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby toni_pest » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:52 pm

I look like a construction worker atm, my arms are really tan and so is my neck but the rest of my torso is albino
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby ArmyOfMe » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Serby wrote:
ArmyOfMe wrote:
Racist. :lol:

I get that Latino twist every summer, I get quite browny. 8-) :lol: More versatile than your faves tbh (no pun)
Nah it's not about the natural colour of the skin, it's the ultra fake tanning that I can't stand :lol:
In fact I be like this under the sun:

ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:02 pm

I can get a decent tan if I try hard, but it takes a while. otherwise Im pale as f
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Colbie » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:11 pm

^ Yup me to
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Serby » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:08 pm

i wanna try sunbeds so badly, i have a feeling it's a cool lol

anyway, me, two or three summers ago:

BEACH PIC (naked skin, just shorts)

and

oh summer, come already, what is this weird weather :cry:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Carbon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:43 pm

^ just excuses to show nudes under the mask of showing your tan
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Serby wrote:
Never heard of sun spray- the unsticky, fast-dry ones? :lol: and omg at needing 50 factor in UK, do you ever go to sea (Spain or so) and if so, do you wear 80 factor or something?
I don't really understand the spray stuff tbh. You spray it and then still have to rub it in anyway, right? :-?

And yeah, I think 50 is the highest, so I wear that if I'm abroad too. People laugh, but I got burnt the other week whilst wearing freaking factor 50!!!! :cry:
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Serby » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Airwrecka wrote:
Serby wrote:
I don't really understand the spray stuff tbh. You spray it and then still have to rub it in anyway, right? :-?
I think soem brands don't even need to be rubbed, just sprayed onto your skin, but the difference is, they are not as greasy, I think, and dry faster!
Serby
Dr. Serby

Return to The Lounge