Relationship Advice

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby toni_pest » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:11 pm

don't make yourself feel bad kellz, evne if he didn't like you, there's nothing you could've done about it. his loss.

i feel like i'm gonna be alone forever
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby thankfulforkelly » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:18 pm

It wasn’t a blind date & he’d said before hand I was his type so I dont know. He must’ve not liked my personality which hurts more tbh

Oh whale :x
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:24 pm

thankfulforkelly, don’t stress about it. Probably nothing you did or could influence. If he didn’t like you overall, then he’s not for you. Obviously other guys did like you at some point so it’s just a matter of personal preference.

There will always be such awkward dates, and I totally get the urge to blame them on yourself, but that’s life

toni_pest wrote:i feel like i'm gonna be alone forever
Already made my peace with that, it’s easier when u stop hoping or expecting. It’s hard to do it, and that glimpse of hope sometimes comes back, but making peace with it rationally generally spares you the bad thoughts
Carbon
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Carbon wrote:
Already made my peace with that, it’s easier when u stop hoping or expecting. It’s hard to do it, and that glimpse of hope sometimes comes back, but making peace with it rationally generally spares you the bad thoughts
oh ffs, i wrote this so others would make me feel better and tell me there's always someone out there blah blah, not for you to get me even more depressed :lol: :cry:
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby RayRay » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:38 pm

^ There is someone out there for everyone.
RayRay
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:41 pm

RayRay wrote:^ There is someone out there for everyone.
Yeah toni don't give up, maybe next life :lol: :lol: :oops:
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby aRat » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Toni sis I am right here :P
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Toni, don't stress....

I have been single since August 2015 :D
Guys suck. Grindr sucks.

Tbh, I don't need a relationship atm & but I wouldn't mind a "solidarity single Ukmixers sharing an apartment" when we all reach an age ready to be eaten up by our own cats, though

#lovesux
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Serby » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:09 pm

Sistrens, puhlease. We are in early twenties and we would be a nice catch. I refuse to believe theres no one out there for me. Surely I can sometimes feel lonely, but it will happen when it happens. In the meantime, we can all work on ourselves, be it body or mind, and sooner or later we will attract someone and be in a happy relationships. 8-)

Send your applications btw. :P
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Yeah some of y’all young babes here need to stop bishing about being single and go out there and meet a hot babe

Almost as bad as super skinny people calling themselves fat :lol:

I should write a book:
Pros and Cons of Finding Your Love Partner at 20:
*Gay Cinderella Edition (except she’s not poor)*
:lol: :oops:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby toni_pest » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:06 pm

RayRay and Mainshow <3

aRat wrote:Toni sis I am right here :P
pics or it aint gonna happen

Serby wrote:Sistrens, puhlease. We are in early twenties...
im in my late twenties :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Biebz » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:10 pm

thankfulforkelly wrote:It wasn’t a blind date & he’d said before hand I was his type so I dont know. He must’ve not liked my personality which hurts more tbh

What's his insta, lemme stalk him
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby thankfulforkelly » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:08 pm

Biebz wrote:
thankfulforkelly wrote:It wasn’t a blind date & he’d said before hand I was his type so I dont know. He must’ve not liked my personality which hurts more tbh

What's his insta, lemme stalk him
I only have his whatsapp rip, I can screenshot his tinder photos of you’re that nosy hun / wanna slide into the DMs xox
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:53 pm

MusicRecords wrote:I should write a book:
Just tell us the first chapter. How did you meet your guy?
RayRay
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:37 pm

RayRay wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:I should write a book:
Just tell us the first chapter. How did you meet your guy?
Lol I met him at a Starbucks in NYC...well I first saw him there. It was a busy Saturday morning and I remember I was barely trying to get into the wine business stuff cause I found it interesting. I was actually 20 (soon to be 21) so I was not legally allowed to drink but I knew this wine place that did wine tastings and had some producers/winemakers visit and do a little event or something, it was scheduled for later that day.
Anyway that morning I went to a Starbucks and it was so crowded, almost all the tables were taken, but I found a two seat one and took one of the seats....then he came (like any stranger) and asked if he could sit on the other chair (people were sharing tables cause it was so crowded) I said sure and I remember thinking wow he's so cute. We made small talk and that was it. We went our own way. But somehow I felt something different/strange/interesting about just seeing him....anyway I went on with my day.
Oddly enough he was one of the guests at the wine tasting later that day :o :lol: he came up to me and we started talking more, thinking what a coincidence in a city of 8 million :lol:

After that, I started to see him more and more and we got to know each other better. Eventually I started to fall in love but I was too afraid to tell him. It was during one trip when he was away that I missed him so much it actually hurt...I wanted to tell him how I felt but was too afraid, idk why...but while he was away HE told me how he felt and it turned out he felt the exact same way and he was also afraid to tell me (but I guess he had the balls to tell me whereas I was too chicken :lol: )...after that I was like yup, idk how far this can get but as of now he's the one 8-) the rest is history

Starbucks lovers <3
We call it "our" Starbucks, and as cheesy as it is we still go to the same one when we're in nyc and it's the month anniversary since we met :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby RayRay » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:44 pm

^ Great story. Both being afraid to tell. Both knowing the other one was gay too?
RayRay
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:45 pm

RayRay wrote:^ Great story. Both being afraid to tell. Both knowing the other one was gay too?
Yeah he was more open about it than I was, but yeah I knew he was gay soon after we started to talk and get to know each other :D
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:53 pm

Ashanti will fill a 50,000-seat stadium before there's even the minutest likelihood of this being possible. :lol:

Mainshow wrote:Tbh, I don't need a relationship atm & but I wouldn't mind a "solidarity single Ukmixers sharing an apartment" when we all reach an age ready to be eaten up by our own cats, though
This actually sounds fun. :lol: I imagine us moaning about the current-day pop stars and reminiscing about the good old days with Britney, Gaga, Rihanna, Beyoncé, and the others. :lol:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Loose » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:34 am

Personal space.

The way people want to possess and control each other in so many relationships is insane.

I find it especially cringeworthy when partners speak for the other half.
It's handled. (Olivia Pope)
Loose
Legend

Return to The Lounge