Relationship Advice

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby RayRay » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Loose wrote:As a Leo I think a relationship‘s at its best when there‘s a whole lotta me & me time still left in it. :lol:

I really dislike when the part kicks in when your relationship becomes a duty and things are scheduled from A to Z like where and withwhom to appear.

For example I like to spend a moderate amount of time with my own family. So why would anybody assume I‘d like to spend an excessive amount of time with his family?
Same here. But then again, easy to say as my inlaws live in the UK.
RayRay
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:39 pm

No so much asking for advice,

But I gotta say, I' am becoming so so desperate, I'm also embarrassed by myself :lol: :cry:

I'm not even that picky.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby menime123 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:47 pm

Guru wrote:I’m actually content in my own company. Not everyone was meant to be in a relationship. But it’s cool!
I agree. Though I do believe Mr Right is somewhere, I love spending time on my own. Even now, I don’t feel like I have enough time for myself and I live alone :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:27 am

SummerPeur wrote:No so much asking for advice,

But I gotta say, I' am becoming so so desperate, I'm also embarrassed by myself :lol: :cry:

I'm not even that picky.
I actually went through a period this year where I felt super lonely (and bored), and the pickings in these LGBT+ streets can be really slim. I felt frustrated, but honestly you can't summon a decent man at will; I think good relationships present themselves in due time. All you can do is try (as difficult as it may be sometimes, especially at night) to be patient, work on yourself and explore the things in life that genuinely make you happy, be open to love, and eventually I think we all receive it. Just takes (way!!! :cry: ) longer for some than others. Joining a community organization or club that exposes you to fresh faces is a good way to put yourself out there and maybe meet someone decent. Being a homebody kinda reduces the likelihood just from a purely mathematical perspective. :lol:

I do think, though, that sometimes the frustration/desperation stems from other facets of life, and we think that maybe having a companion will alleviate stress from other sources...and that's not always the case. I could just be projecting, though, so apply a pinch of salt to everything I said. :lol:
Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Loose » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:02 pm

I ended my 2 year-relationship this summer.

My bf, despite being a good guy, had the habit of talking things out of my head that did not include him such as change of career, studies etc. It not only made me feel very controlled, it also made me agree to false compromise.

After a while I came to the point where I really wanted to be autonomous again and able to decide for myself.

Next time I'll check that in my man. He should definitely respect the WE as much as the ME.
It's handled. | My last.fm
Loose
Legend

Postby Guru » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:40 am

Good on you. We all need partners that support and encourage us. It’s not like you were aiming to be a top drug dealer or a robber :lol:
Keep the journey going. They are out there.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby jochen » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:56 am

menime123 wrote:
Guru wrote:I’m actually content in my own company. Not everyone was meant to be in a relationship. But it’s cool!
I agree. Though I do believe Mr Right is somewhere, I love spending time on my own. Even now, I don’t feel like I have enough time for myself and I live alone :lol:
You should go out more. Too much message board life here :-)
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby jochen » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:57 am

I'm not even that picky.
The more desperate you are...the more unattractive you can look to women. Just relax and be open.
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby RayRay » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:02 am

jochen wrote:

I'm not even that picky.
The more desperate you are...the more unattractive you can look to women. Just relax and be open.
SummerPeur is looking for a guy. 8-)
RayRay
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:24 pm

So is there a second hormonal wave people get in their mid 20s or something? Lately I've also been thirsty af and having too much sx :oops: :lol: I think I'm overworking my partner :oops: :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby DOSSOME » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:33 pm

MusicRecords wrote:So is there a second hormonal wave people get in their mid 20s or something? Lately I've also been thirsty af and having too much sx :oops: :lol: I think I'm overworking my partner :oops: :lol:
Is he complaining? If he's not, indulge as much as possible
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:05 pm

DOSSOME wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:So is there a second hormonal wave people get in their mid 20s or something? Lately I've also been thirsty af and having too much sx :oops: :lol: I think I'm overworking my partner :oops: :lol:
He's def not complaining :lol: but I have a moment to myself thinking I'm acting like a horny teen these days :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby aRat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:24 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
DOSSOME wrote:
He's def not complaining :lol: but I have a moment to myself thinking I'm acting like a horny teen these days :lol:
Partner? Girl or Boy?
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:30 pm

aRat wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:
DOSSOME wrote:
Partner? Girl or Boy?
A hot man :P
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Tansike » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:31 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
DOSSOME wrote:
Don‘t think about it, just enjoy it :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby aRat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:31 pm

jochen wrote:

I'm not even that picky.
NNnn mess he is looking for a guy obviously but yeah confidence is important in almost all aspects of life... it's like a magnet to attract people.
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby aRat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:35 pm

MusicRecords wrote:A hot man :P
Noice 8-) Why do you always say partner and not BF tho? :lol:

But I am not better in that regard... I been meeting a guy for some time (talking, hanging out & sex) and it might be time now to call that thing a relationship or something :lol:
Last edited by aRat on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby Tansike » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm

aRat wrote:
Noice 8-) Why do you always say parter and not BF tho? :lol:
I do the same. I think from a certain age on and after a while in a relationship, saying partner sounds more accurate than boyfriend.
Tansike
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:38 pm

aRat wrote:
Noice 8-) Why do you always say parter and not BF tho? :lol:

I usually say partner too, though here I usually say husband.
But in Dutch I think it sounds better to say partner.

In the case of MusicRecords I think BF sounds like you're not living together.
RayRay
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:41 pm

aRat wrote:
Noice 8-) Why do you always say partner and not BF tho? :lol:

But I am not better in that regard... I been meeting a guy for some time (talking, hanging out & sex) and it might be time now to call that thing a relationship or something :lol:
We should have a double date :P

And often rbecause legally that’s what we’re considered. I am not married to him but registered to him legally as a partner ;)
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Loose » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:50 pm

I refused registered partnership due to the fact that I think I‘m too young for that still. :oops:
Loose
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:54 pm

Loose wrote:I refused registered partnership due to the fact that I think I‘m too young for that still. :oops:
Idk how it is where you live, but in NYC it gave us good flexibility. We registered at the city hall (which was awkward cause there were a bunch of young couples, straight and gay, actually marrying just to get it over with :lol: )
But the flexible parts comes in that you get many of the “benefits” that come with marriage, however it’s especially better for younger people because it’s not as serious as a marriage...and if there’s ever a problem, all it takes is one of us to simply go and deregister us (not both like it would be in a marriage divorce) and done
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby aRat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:55 pm

MusicRecords wrote:We should have a double date :P

And often rbecause legally that’s what we’re considered. I am not married to him but registered to him legally as a partner ;)
Wait so you are kinda semi-married :o Congratz :D Is he austrian?
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:57 pm

aRat wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:We should have a double date :P

Wait so you are kinda semi-married :o Congratz :D Is he austrian?
It’s funnt you ask because he has a very German/Austrian last name but is from the US. Even though he lives here in Vienna now, he speaks no German....but with his family tree we found out he indeed has German/Austrian roots, his ancestors moved to the US by boat back in the day :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Loose » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:57 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
Loose wrote:I refused registered partnership due to the fact that I think I‘m too young for that still. :oops:
Idk how it is where you live, but in NYC it gave us good flexibility. We registered at the city hall (which was awkward cause there were a bunch of young couples, straight and gay, actually marrying just to get it over with :lol: )
But the flexible parts comes in that you get many of the “benefits” that come with marriage, however it’s especially better for younger people because it’s not as serious as a marriage...and if there’s ever a problem, all it takes is one of us to simply go and deregister us (not both like it would be in a marriage divorce) and done
Having turned 30 this year, I still think that‘s a thing I might consider when I‘m 45 or 50.

Is marriage still a thing though? As a non-religious person I haven’t considered it neither.
Loose
Legend

Return to The Lounge