Do You Want To Get Married?

Moderator: Spartan

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:52 pm

RayRay wrote:
ludichris wrote:I've heard that 50% of marriages end in divorce and the average wedding day costs 25k, which is an obscene amount to spend in one day.

To me that seems like a waste of money for something that may not even last. I would rather put my money to better use.
If you don't do something cause it may not last, there's a lot you can't do...

Also, how much you spend on a wedding is totally up to you.

Married twenty years ago and have no regrets. It wasn't that expensive, but still one of the best days of my life. :D
I agree. The expensive part was Vegas, but we where going anyway. The wedding itself was like £600 we had no guests just me and him and it was perfect.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Roadie

Postby RayRay » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:53 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:
RayRay wrote:
johnny_d wrote:Skoolio I am 25 and am in my first relationship ever. Been with my bf for almost 3 months now. I felt like I would never find anybody either but it happened. It will happen for you too. You are a good looking guy and I think you'll have someone soon!

On topic - I would love to get married someday! Gay marriage is still illegal in Ireland but hopefully in the future I will be able to marry. I can't think of anything more beautiful to do. :)
It's legal since 2015 in Ireland. Are you still with your boyfriend and do you have plans to get married?
It's only Legal in the south of Ireland unfortunately :( in the north gay marriage still isn't legal :(
That's really weird. It's legal in the rest of the UK as far as I know. North Ireland shouldn't be part of the UK if it wants its own rules on such big topics IMO. :-?
RayRay
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:54 pm

RayRay wrote:
BehindBreakaway wrote:
RayRay wrote:
johnny_d wrote:Skoolio I am 25 and am in my first relationship ever. Been with my bf for almost 3 months now. I felt like I would never find anybody either but it happened. It will happen for you too. You are a good looking guy and I think you'll have someone soon!

On topic - I would love to get married someday! Gay marriage is still illegal in Ireland but hopefully in the future I will be able to marry. I can't think of anything more beautiful to do. :)
It's legal since 2015 in Ireland. Are you still with your boyfriend and do you have plans to get married?
It's only Legal in the south of Ireland unfortunately :( in the north gay marriage still isn't legal :(
That's really weird. It's legal in the rest of the UK as far as I know. North Ireland shouldn't be part of the UK if it wants its own rules on such big topics IMO. :-?
Yeah it's part of the UK but it still has its own laws. It's messed up. Abortion is illegal here and as I mentioned, gay marriage. The politics in the UK mainland are very different to Northern Ireland.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Roadie

Postby RayRay » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:54 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:
I agree. The expensive part was Vegas, but we where going anyway. The wedding itself was like £600 we had no guests just me and him and it was perfect.
We invited "only" 30 guests. We had dinner which was the most expensive part of our wedding.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:12 pm

The Prime Minister in charge at the time was the most corrupt and two-faced bish our country potentially ever had here in Portugal. But socially he moved Portugal forward and created many gay-friendly laws, including same sex marriage. Glad for it. Nonetheless, I can't see myself married unless I have a long term relationship to someone who'd really be in it as much as I would and I ain't seein' that happening anytime soon.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby RayRay » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:14 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:The Prime Minister in charge at the time was the most corrupt and two-faced bish our country potentially ever had here in Portugal. But socially he moved Portugal forward and created many gay-friendly laws, including same sex marriage. Glad for it. Nonetheless, I can't see myself married unless I have a long term relationship to someone who's really in it as much as I am and I ain't seein' that happening anytime soon.
You never know. If you had asked me a year before I got married about it, I would have said I wouldn't see it happen anytime soon.
When you find Mr Right, your views can change radically.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Serby wrote:
Travelling and food >>>>
Yasssssss 8-)
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:18 pm

I'm in a (registered) partnership and I think it's good enough :P

You get some benefits but not all as if you were married, also if you end up separated only one of us has to go to the city hall and sign a paper to end the partnership, not both required like in a divorce :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:02 am

I’m absolutely getting married... I just need to find the guy. I thought I found the right one before but he wasn’t...

I’m more exciting about the life after the wedding than an actual wedding though. I do want a small wedding on a beach somewhere. Always said my honeymoon would be a month road trip through the US.

The plan afterwards though.... the husband will be successful and I’ll raise all 4 kids whilst cursing at the cat for tormenting the dog... whilst looking for the hamster one of the middle kids ‘accidentally’ let out of the cage. We’ll live in the city during the week and then our country home at weekends. The oldest will be my mini-me, the 2nd my little star, the 3rd my little shit and 4th my absolute last.

My husband will work a lot and I’ll be tired a lot, but as long as I’m awake at the start he can do whatever takes his fancy. I’ll make it up to him during the period between waving the kids off to uni and waiting to become grandparents by taking up yoga and taking him sex toy shopping every other birthday.

We’ll watch the kids’ football matches but I’ll be secretly listening to Madonna for 90 minutes. I’ll sit through dance lessons critiquing the teachers because, well, I know best and the husband will get annoyed at me for bitching about it all the way home. I’ll make a deal early on that the more I let my mouth run the more he’ll be entitled to use said mouth himself. Marriage survival skills right there.

His mother will be a nightmare but I’m a softie and will let her move in eventually. With a bit of luck the dog will have developed incontinence around that time so I’ll torment her by blaming her for any mysterious parcels I find lying around. She’ll hate it but the internet will love her reactions. She can earn her keep by babysitting the kids every Tuesday as that’ll be date night... which most likely will be a film and quick car fumble as a throwback to our dating days probably.

I wouldn’t marry him though unless he promises me a few things. I’m to be taken to LA for Marilyn Monroe’s 100th birthday, so I can offer my respects. I am allowed without fail to see every UK Madonna show no matter the cost, date or inconvenience. We will always have Madonna framed artwork around the house. He will learn how to sail a yacht and we will hire one on our 25th anniversary and do the nasty on the deck in the middle of the ocean (I read it in Fifty Shades and it sounded good). If space tourism ever happens, I’m to be taken (and allowed back).

But yeah... just need to find the guy now :lol: I actually had a dream this week that I had a son and was carrying him in one of those things that lets you carry a baby on your chest. He was awake and I was waiting to go into a uni lecture (don’t know where that comes from, I graduated years ago) and literally stood hoping he would behave himself :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:02 am

^ Damn at the level of detail! :lol: Sounds fun, though.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:05 am

JSparksFan wrote:^ Damn at the level of detail! :lol: Sounds fun, though.
+1

Sounds like a great Netflix series I would clearly be addicted to :D
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Gravity » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:56 am

Nope. I just can't imagine myself in a long lasting relationship either. I much prefer being alone.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Mainshow wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:^ Damn at the level of detail! :lol: Sounds fun, though.
+1

Sounds like a great Netflix series I would clearly be addicted to :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Gravity wrote:Nope. I just can't imagine myself in a long lasting relationship either. I much prefer being alone.
Alright Greta :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:22 pm

No. Don't have the desire, can't afford, have trouble sharing living space.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:16 pm

I laughed at the story of menime123. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But in real life it could go like this:

Buying a nice apartment with a balcony with a view looking over the graveyard. So peaceful...
Having the balcony full with plants and a large tin bath with gold fish. Hardly any place for us to sit.
In the house eight cats and hardly any place for ourselves as well.

So buying a house with a large garden. Adding chickens, rabbits and guinea pig to our live stock.
Also a dog, who thinks she is a cat. And one of the cats thinking she is a dog.
So when we walk the dog, the cat joins and pees under a tree as well.

My mother visits every now and then and works on the nerves of my husband.
While my family in law lives abroad, so not having to deal with them that much.

Teaching at a primary school and soon after my husband joins.
So the children know pretty quickly it is very okay for guys to marry each other.

Having my nephews staying over now and again. So we have the kids just to go out and do fun stuff.
Just long enough to wear as out and then back to normal.

Travelling wherever we want to go. Not worrying about where kids would want to go.
Just the two of us. Having a lot of fun, seeing lots of intresting stuff and enjoy life to the fullest.

Having lots of diva music around the house. Seeing our favorites in concert.
Having one room exclusively for our CD/record collection.
Vogueing around the house singing along to all of Mariah's high notes.

And then cancer spoils it.
RayRay
Superstar

Return to The Lounge