Tips to Lose Weight

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby grooveboy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:58 pm

^ Now THAT's a transformation! Well done mate :D
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby Shorty » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:59 pm

samra wrote:To lose weight you need to do cardio (things like jogging, skipping, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, cycling, etc.) which burns fat from all over your body. Where your body stores fat depends on genetics. Sometimes you'll see people with large belly's and regular looking legs but that's not because they walk a lot or cycle. It's because they're genetically that way. Other times you'll see people with weight concentrated on their hips, bum and legs with relatively normal upper bodys.
That's me to a T. I only gain weight on my stomach. My legs are slim as, the rest of me is fine but I have a belly. It's so annoying!

And Nick, OMG! Well done! :D You look great <3
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Airwrecka » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:52 pm

Bloody hell Nickney, that's amazing. Well done you. :D

You want a hot body?
You better work bitch! :D
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Wardo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:01 pm

grooveboy wrote:Now THAT's a transformation! Well done mate :D
+1!

Everything's possible, congrats Nick!
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Ivica » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks guys :)
Ivica
Legend

Postby Era » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Nick slays 8-)
I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you.
Era
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:21 pm

Great reading and seeing all those success stories :D Pushing me even harder. I had a very nice run today my best by miles. I pushed myself the hardest I have in the last three weeks. I can see results in my fitness side and it wont be long before I start seeing results :D
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:25 pm

I lost 35 kilos in the last two years and grew 15cm...

Still not skinny but its ok :)

The funny thing is that i didnt do a real diet. All You need is discipline.
MrDiva
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:30 pm

MrDiva wrote:The funny thing is that i didnt do a real diet. All You need is discipline.
I can completely agree with that.

I haven't changed mine greatly just cut out a lot of crap but otherwise I eat what I want. Although I am eating a lot more healthy.
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Shorty » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:31 pm

So many success stories in here :D Makes my 15kgs look a bit sad though haha :lol: But I wasn't *that* huge to begin with, I was just out of shape and and added some extra weight to my frame. My Mum says if I keep going any further, I'll be TOO slim :roll: :lol:

When I was 18 - 21, I was a size 6, which is a USA size 4, and I weighed between 46kgs and 49kgs, depending on what was happening. My body was so perfect :(

But I wouldn't do an actual proper diet, cos I'm really picky when it comes to food so half of the stuff they say to eat I wouldn't want to :oops:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby robert989 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:17 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:Great job Nick bish...I've lost about 50 lbs

Here me before https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/t1.0-9/404097_4755258203825_1758858873_n.jpg
After https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/10003994_10203587963924125_301850517_n.jpg

I'm still waiting on my abs to do my shirtless before and afters.
cant wait to see that you are such cutie :oops:
robert989
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:19 pm

How do I get rid of my bosoms?
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Ivica » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Era wrote:Nick slays 8-)
ThaInfo1 wrote:Great job Nick bish...

Thank you both :) Thalnfo you have looked great before, but now you're fit bish 8-)

And yeah definitely DISCIPLINE is the BOSS.
Ivica
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:05 pm

Guys, do you have an experience with Psyllium?
I use that for last 2 months ... first week it was hard since Psyllium mainly cleanse the intestines - if you know what I´m talking about ... The other effect is that it fills the stomach for some time, so you don´t feel hungry.

My biggest problem was sugar (in hot drinks), I was looking for substitute ... I found Stevia to be really good.
I use whey too, thought it would be horrible, but its quiet good ... and it´s very healthy.

I´m thinking of using Chlorella.

before I thought that I can have diet coke once a time, when I saw what all does it include I gave up, I found other drink to be based on the same taste just without all the poisons - and its sweeted with Stevia.

And congrats Nick !
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:49 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:Another important thing to remember is, when you have a moment where you mess up and cheat (and it WILL happen unfortunently) don't give up. Act like that shit didn't happen and keep moving ever so flawless on your quest to get dat sexy body). I use to do this all the time...I would mess up and eat something unhealthy/binge and then be like "oh, I'll restart next week/month". don't do that!!!!!! Let yourself have that little moment and get back on that horse like a bad bish.
Ok, so I need you as my personal trainer. I don't care what kind of exercise that involves with you. 8-) :wink:

Nah, seriously, i want to ask some advice...

My relationship with "dieting" (I hate that word) is very much all or nothing. If I am being good and have the willpower I can lose half a stone in a week, and things go great. But I can only succeed if I cut all treats out. I can't eat a little bit of something like chocolate or whatever, cos then I'll just go and demolish the whole bar, so I just deny myself pretty much everything I like. If I go without, my willpower is fine, but if I eat a little, my willpower disappears altogether. So of course this isn't sustainable, and then I go wrong and do the whole "I'll start again next week / month / year..." thing. :oops:

How do you fitness buffs find a way to balance the denial with the occasional treat? I just can't seem to do that, and this is the same hurdle I always fall at eventually.

Anyway, tomorrow I start my healthy lifestyle plan (I won't say diet). I've written it online now so I have to keep to it. I just need some help lol. :(
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:38 am

Airwrecka wrote:
ThaInfo1 wrote:Another important thing to remember is, when you have a moment where you mess up and cheat (and it WILL happen unfortunently) don't give up. Act like that shit didn't happen and keep moving ever so flawless on your quest to get dat sexy body). I use to do this all the time...I would mess up and eat something unhealthy/binge and then be like "oh, I'll restart next week/month". don't do that!!!!!! Let yourself have that little moment and get back on that horse like a bad bish.
Ok, so I need you as my personal trainer. I don't care what kind of exercise that involves with you. 8-) :wink:

Nah, seriously, i want to ask some advice...

My relationship with "dieting" (I hate that word) is very much all or nothing. If I am being good and have the willpower I can lose half a stone in a week, and things go great. But I can only succeed if I cut all treats out. I can't eat a little bit of something like chocolate or whatever, cos then I'll just go and demolish the whole bar, so I just deny myself pretty much everything I like. If I go without, my willpower is fine, but if I eat a little, my willpower disappears altogether. So of course this isn't sustainable, and then I go wrong and do the whole "I'll start again next week / month / year..." thing. :oops:

How do you fitness buffs find a way to balance the denial with the occasional treat? I just can't seem to do that, and this is the same hurdle I always fall at eventually.

Anyway, tomorrow I start my healthy lifestyle plan (I won't say diet). I've written it online now so I have to keep to it. I just need some help lol. :(
As long as you paying well I can be your trainer :lol: jk I wouldn't charge you. :D
Sometimes that "all or nothing" thing is really hard. I actually had to kind of work my way up to do that. I honestly think once you work hard enough to see results and changes (i.e your clothes getting bigger, you'll notice that you will rarely have stomach sickness etc.) that kinda helps. I also kinda installed this guilt within me everytime I eat something bad...which sometimes kinda sucks, but it keeps me on track. Just don't do it to the point that you get discourage that you just give up.

I would always in vision that every little step helps you get into shape faster...such as that extra mile on the treadmill that your contemplating or eating that apple instead of that warm chocolate chip cookie.

You also have to find out what exactly works for you...experiment and do different exercise and try different foods. Granted most food that taste great is unhealthy for you...they're some alternative choices that actually taste good. You just gotta find them.

Let me know how everything goes. I would love to build some type of support system here for this. I'm still on my quest to get my fitness the way I want it.
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:39 am

start taking swimming lessons , your body will change! (that's for everyone who doesn't swim :wink: )
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby famelous » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:44 pm

I'll never go to a swimming pool. I'm too insecure to show off my body, unless I could swim in T-shirt and shorts, but that's not allowed :-?

I just want to lose 5kg to weight 60kg. Imma read some of your tips, but the best one is just to cut sweets :lol: I may look like an anorexia victim, but I don't really care at this point...

(for the record, that's not me) It looks awful, but I'll never get muscles and even if I decided to gain weight, my belly would get bigger and that's all. I think I prefer to look like this instead of looking like a scarecrow with fat belly :lol:
famelous

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:11 am

robert989 wrote:
ThaInfo1 wrote:Great job Nick bish...I've lost about 50 lbs

Here me before https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/t1.0-9/404097_4755258203825_1758858873_n.jpg
After https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/10003994_10203587963924125_301850517_n.jpg

I'm still waiting on my abs to do my shirtless before and afters.
cant wait to see that you are such cutie :oops:
Thanks boo!
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:11 pm

ThaAwesum1 wrote:Let me know how everything goes. I would love to build some type of support system here for this. I'm still on my quest to get my fitness the way I want it.
Thank you for all the advice / support. I will let you know how I get on. :D
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby CasaMusic » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:28 pm

AndiIversen wrote:start taking swimming lessons , your body will change! (that's for everyone who doesn't swim :wink: )
This.

I lost 3 stone in 3 months a few years back. The only thing i did was ditch bread from my diet & swim 3/4 times a week. Really works your body and its fun!
CasaMusic
Personal Assistant

Postby theArmy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Damn nick, that's insane!!!! Great job! :D
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby firefly_86 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:59 pm

Unfortunately there's no real secret...certainly not one that's healthy or will lead to a long term weight loss...the trick is basically eat less, move more, drinks tons of water. That's it.

I lost about 25lbs a few years ago and have kept it off. One of the things that really helped is I stopped eating protein and carbs together. So I'd have two eggs or cereal for breakfast, pasta/sandwiches/salads/potatoes etc for lunch, and meat or fish with vegetables for dinner (all seasoned and roasted).

I think it helped because I wasn't eating carbs in the evening and my portions were naturally smaller. Plus I didn't make the mistake of cutting carbs out altogether so the weight didn't just come back on when I reintroduced them
firefly_86
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:20 pm

firefly_86 wrote:Unfortunately there's no real secret...certainly not one that's healthy or will lead to a long term weight loss...the trick is basically eat less, move more, drinks tons of water. That's it.
No lies told. Except I would say not exact to eat less...but realize when you're full and to eat healthier. A lot of us have the mentality to finish what's on your plate to avoid wasting food while we are already full. Sometimes you gotta stop and just see if your just eating to finish your plate (this also goes for boredom) or to see if your really eating because your hungry.

But I guess this is the same thing as eating less. :lol:

Another thing would be that you have to change your relationship with food. With me when I was at my heaviest, I've always had a emotional relationship with food. Such as, when I was sad...I would go eat. When I was happy, I would celebrate and go "treat" myself". The big one was, when I was bored, I would really go eat.

You gotta learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
ThaInfo1
Legend

Return to The Lounge