Cooking

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby Frederic » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Do you like cooking and what are your specialities?

I for one LOVE cooking, it really relaxes me. What I like most making are Mediterranean dishes, my paella is believed to be scrumptious! :P The more time I have to spend in the kitchen, the better.
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby summer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Fred, you're a dream :D

I don't really like cooking
summer
Superstar

Postby UKMusicLova » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:02 pm

We should share recipes and stuff! I love cooking, but I'm such a messy cook. Literally my mom hates me cooking because it's like a tornado hit the kitchen after :lol: :lol:

This is one of my latest meals I made. It's lamb shanks braised in Rioja wine with mash potato

UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm

OMG Carly you ate a lamb :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks good!

I love cooking but I only do desserts.
P=MC2's Top 20
Merci wrote:Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby joel77m77 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:07 pm

WOW Carly, that food looks real nice.

I like cooking but don't get round to doing it much.
joel77m77
Superstar

Postby grooveboy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Yes, I like cooking but I'm not very innovative in the kitchen :lol:
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby summer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:05 pm

An apply pie is my favourite thing to cook

summer
Superstar

Postby cristy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:20 pm

I can't believe UKMix didn't have a cooking thread until now.

This chocolate cake made by my mom served for breakfast, lunch and dinner for me, these past few days. :lol:
cristy
Superstar

Postby summer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:28 pm

cristy :o :D I love it! I need the recipe!
summer
Superstar

Postby nekoocz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:40 pm

my friends love when I cook , they only dont like when I try new recipe :lol:
and I relized how many people dont like peas and most of vegetable :-?
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Serby » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Oooh I love cooking, though I'm not doing it that often. Mostly cuz of lack of money and cuz I make such a big mess in kitchen :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Spartan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm

cristy wrote:This chocolate cake made by my mom served for breakfast, lunch and dinner for me, these past few days. :lol:
That looks lovely. Though it would've been more impressive if you claimed to have made it yourself.

I love cooking and trying out new things (when they go to plan). I tend to do all the cooking in my household so I've becoem quite adept at it, it's just the cleaning up that I hate.
Spartan
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:00 pm

serbia95riri wrote:Mostly cuz of lack of money and cuz I make such a big mess in kitchen :lol:
cooking doesnt need to be expensive ;) best recipes are usually the cheapest ;)

and about the mess. I learned to wash used dishes while cooking. Its really helpful ...
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Frederic » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:19 pm

This thread's gotten me hungry already! Tonight I prepared some pasta with pesto rosso and shrimps.
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby cristy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Spartan wrote:
cristy wrote:This chocolate cake made by my mom served for breakfast, lunch and dinner for me, these past few days. :lol:
That looks lovely. Though it would've been more impressive if you claimed to have made it yourself.

I love cooking and trying out new things (when they go to plan). I tend to do all the cooking in my household so I've becoem quite adept at it, it's just the cleaning up that I hate.
No need to lie, I'm good at cooking but nowhere near as good as my mom, especially in the sweets department.
My mom makes the most incredible muffins/cakes/cookies etc.
cristy
Superstar

Postby Noahh » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 pm

I LOVE cooking. I don't always have the time to be in the kitchen for hours unfortunately, but I love to be busy in the kitchen for hours on a free day! :D

Me and some of my friends organize dinner parties regularly and we switch chefs each dinner, so much fun! :D

I don't really have specialities, but I love to make:

- Asian food (especially Indonesian)
- Italian food
- Spanish food
- Desserts

I also like to randomly grab some ingredients in the supermarket and experiment. Sometimes I create a masterpiece and sometimes it's ehh okay... :P
Last edited by Noahh on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Wow, some of you guys sound like professional chefs! :o My specialty is this...

Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Shorty » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:07 am

I suck at cooking. Seriously I can't make anything at all. My limit is making stuff in the microwave!

I can make packet pasta and corn on the cob, but that's it :lol:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby DnBLover » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:04 am

I'm an absolute master at making scrambled eggs! 8-)
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Titan3510 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:24 am

^ Hey...I can't knock that.

Scrambling eggs is harder than it looks.

I need to hurry up and get married or something...because I am tired of overcooking and/or undercooking my breakfast food. :lol:
I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
--Katy Perry
Titan3510
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:14 am

Funny this topic should come up, I was considering making one, but wasn't sure if anyone would be into it.

I love both cooking and baking. I really enjoy it, even though it can be time consuming. Also, I'm a bit of a messy cook/baker and there's always heaps of stuff to clean up afterwards and sometimes I have to motivate myself to do preparation & all. Still don't care though, I'd rather do it than eat something out of a box or whatever. I see people with too much frozen food in their supermarket trolleys & it's not healthy IMO.

Admittedly, it took a while for me to become good at cooking/baking, but anyone can learn...just need a fair bit of practice. I'm still not the most perfect cook or baker by any stretch, nor am I someone who does fancy dishes, but people seem to enjoy whatever I make/have made.

Tonight I'm making pizza from scratch. Yep, that's right peeps, I make my own dough AND my own pizza sauce. Beat that! :P (They're already done now as I type.) May provide a photo if I think of it...although it's not your traditional pizza, I must warn thee.

I also love looking at recipes and finding new recipes as well. This website has fast become one of my favourites. This food blog has also given me some good recipes too - this (which my Dad & I had the other night) and this feature semi-regularly on the dinner menu in my household. I also make their coleslaw too, albeit with a few tweaks.

I'll stop typing now or I'll be here forever. :lol:
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Frederic » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:38 am

Tonight I'm making caramelised chicory, which is divine!
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby Noahh » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:52 pm

^ Oh yum! :D

Save some for me, I'm on my way as we speak! :P
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Virgostar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 am

The pizza turned out...well...not quite as I had hoped. I oil-sprayed the baking trays too much + rolled out the dough too thinly, so the pieces were flimsy in the middle & under the weight of all my toppings. Ah well. Still tasted good.

I did take a photo, but can't be bothered posting it. Might post a photo next time I bake.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Virgostar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:52 am

Made a chocolate cake yesterday, but not just any choc cake. This is a recipe I've used a zillion times before from a well-known Australian cook (Donna Hay, for the Aussies playing at home) and have turned into cupcakes as well, which people have raved about. Here's what it looked like:

Un-iced:

Iced:

Bear in mind that I'm terrible at piping. I put that down to being a total learner + the piping bag I got with the kit I bought last weekend is not real good. I'm definitely willing to get better at it though.

The only bad things about the cake were it took forever to cook (1 hour, 40 mins); I couldn't get the baking paper to stick all the way around (only on the bottom), which made the cake look a little lopsided (I think that was what made the cake take forever to cook); then when I got it out the bottom of the cake crumbled a bit! Nevertheless, it was still tasty, although a bit rich on my palate. My parents managed to devour several slices of it too - the cake is almost half gone!
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Return to The Lounge