Gaining Weight/Muscle

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

 

Postby Colbie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:04 pm

MarcusDGST6811 wrote:I can eat what I want..
Ugh wish i could do that! Lol :lol:
User avatar
Colbie
Superstar
 
Posts: 7080
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Phoenixx » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:09 pm

Colbie wrote:
MarcusDGST6811 wrote:I can eat what I want..
Ugh wish i could do that! Lol :lol:
That's what all woman say to me :D

"I just watch you eating and I'm getting fatter and fatter" :lol:
User avatar
Phoenixx
Purpose
 
Posts: 14646
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby Loki0012 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:41 pm

MrRager wrote:
Loki0012 wrote:how do you increase your arm with? frustrating! I've always been underweight for 24 years now but just for the last 6 mnths, I gained over 40 lbs! I just eat and eat but my arms somehow is still kinda not that big :( how do k make it thicker howww
Frequent Back, Bicep, Chest and Tricep workouts!

The tricep makes up around 2/3 of the arm so if you want to get a thicker arm don't neglect this for only curls like most people do.

Working Back actually targets the Biceps and working Chest targets the triceps. So combine these with isolated arm workouts (Frequently) and eat the correct amount of macronutrients daily (Proteins, Carbs and Fats) and you'll see All Kinds of GainZ.
but its not good to have a small thin arm with muscles right? maybe I should wait for this arm to thicken after eating a lot sometime in the future and then start working out once I think it's thick enough? BTW I only gym 1nce a week currently. but when I gym the muscles that I focus on always hurts for like 3-4 days after I gym
MY PERSONAL CHARTS
NA NA NA NA OH OH
User avatar
Loki0012
Superstar
 
Posts: 5851
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008
Location: Manila Philippines

Postby toni_pest » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:27 pm

i'm going back to the gym in a few days after like 6 months, can't wait, but also hate it that i'll almost have to start over. and i gained like 20 pounds of fat in the meantime. oh well
:)
User avatar
toni_pest
Coming Soon
 
Posts: 32800
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007

Postby Phoenixx » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:09 pm

toni_pest wrote:i'm going back to the gym in a few days after like 6 months, can't wait, but also hate it that i'll almost have to start over. and i gained like 20 pounds of fat in the meantime. oh well
20 pounds? :D
User avatar
Phoenixx
Purpose
 
Posts: 14646
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby toni_pest » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:36 pm

MarcusDGST6811 wrote:
toni_pest wrote:i'm going back to the gym in a few days after like 6 months, can't wait, but also hate it that i'll almost have to start over. and i gained like 20 pounds of fat in the meantime. oh well
20 pounds? :D
a bit less then 10kg
:)
User avatar
toni_pest
Coming Soon
 
Posts: 32800
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007

Postby Tansike » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Didn't go to the gym for over two months but i finally went again yesterday and gosh everything still hurts (& it feels sooo good :lol: )
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 45995
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Merci » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:25 pm

toni_pest wrote:i'm going back to the gym in a few days after like 6 months, can't wait, but also hate it that i'll almost have to start over. and i gained like 20 pounds of fat in the meantime. oh well
you don't start over though, muscle memory is the best
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
Merci
Boss Matsumoto
 
Posts: 21620
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006
Location: Tidal.com

Postby toni_pest » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:28 pm

Merci wrote:
toni_pest wrote:i'm going back to the gym in a few days after like 6 months, can't wait, but also hate it that i'll almost have to start over. and i gained like 20 pounds of fat in the meantime. oh well
you don't start over though, muscle memory is the best
i know, but i'm so out of shape it's crazy, i ran for like 200m with my dog the other day and felt like i ran a marathon
:)
User avatar
toni_pest
Coming Soon
 
Posts: 32800
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007

Postby Phoenixx » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:09 pm

toni_pest wrote:
MarcusDGST6811 wrote:
toni_pest wrote:i'm going back to the gym in a few days after like 6 months, can't wait, but also hate it that i'll almost have to start over. and i gained like 20 pounds of fat in the meantime. oh well
20 pounds? :D
a bit less then 10kg
I know that. I'm from Germany :D
User avatar
Phoenixx
Purpose
 
Posts: 14646
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby MrRager » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:58 pm

Loki0012 wrote:
MrRager wrote:
Loki0012 wrote:how do you increase your arm with? frustrating! I've always been underweight for 24 years now but just for the last 6 mnths, I gained over 40 lbs! I just eat and eat but my arms somehow is still kinda not that big :( how do k make it thicker howww
Frequent Back, Bicep, Chest and Tricep workouts!

The tricep makes up around 2/3 of the arm so if you want to get a thicker arm don't neglect this for only curls like most people do.

Working Back actually targets the Biceps and working Chest targets the triceps. So combine these with isolated arm workouts (Frequently) and eat the correct amount of macronutrients daily (Proteins, Carbs and Fats) and you'll see All Kinds of GainZ.
but its not good to have a small thin arm with muscles right? maybe I should wait for this arm to thicken after eating a lot sometime in the future and then start working out once I think it's thick enough? BTW I only gym 1nce a week currently. but when I gym the muscles that I focus on always hurts for like 3-4 days after I gym
Lol that really didn't make such sense. No, don't wait until you get a fat arm to work out. If you want thicker arms, eat in a caloric surplus and Exercise. It's normal to be sore. But you'll get used to it and the DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) won't be too bad after frequent training. Everyone has to start from square one. Just be patient and good luck :wink:
#Pray4AL6
User avatar
MrRager
Legend
 
Posts: 17583
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009
Location: Manaus

Postby Merci » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Squatting is the king of exercises
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
Merci
Boss Matsumoto
 
Posts: 21620
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006
Location: Tidal.com

Postby Ivica » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Merci wrote:Squatting is the king of exercises
yeah, plus deadlift and bench press.
User avatar
Ivica
Legend
 
Posts: 35608
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009
Location: Croatia

Postby Merci » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:56 pm

Ivica wrote:
Merci wrote:Squatting is the king of exercises
yeah, plus deadlift and bench press.
yeah these big four are the best: squat, bench press, deadlift and military press

I used to only do bench presses and avoid the rest, but when I did crossfit for a couple of months last year, I started to appreciate them
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
Merci
Boss Matsumoto
 
Posts: 21620
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006
Location: Tidal.com

Postby Loveguru » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Still working on this...

What kind of protein powder supplements are you guys using to stack on the weight?
Forever Young
User avatar
Loveguru
Legend
 
Posts: 17655
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009

Postby heppolo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:43 am

Not a fan of too much muscle.
Prefer more natural, sporty look, even a bit thin/anorexic
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 24664
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby RLAAMJR » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:33 am

I just staryed working out and since im thin but having a groeing tummy, i might buy a mass gainer after a month or two. I tried doing 5 light meals a day but its taking so much of my time and you still have to rest after eating before you start to work out. So ill try to get a mass gainer instead.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
User avatar
RLAAMJR
Manager
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016
Location: Justin Bieber, I'm a Belieber!

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:42 pm

I thought going to the gym and gaining muscle would make me feel better in my own skin, but I just feel more self-conscious and insecure than ever :( No matter how much progress I make, I feel inadequate to all the instagram models etc, and whenever I have to take a break (because I go away on holiday or have exams to revise for or whatever) I just end up feeling unhappy because I'm losing strength and "progress"
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
User avatar
thankfulforkelly
Superstar
 
Posts: 5189
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015

Postby Carbon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:11 pm

thankfulforkelly wrote:I thought going to the gym and gaining muscle would make me feel better in my own skin, but I just feel more self-conscious and insecure than ever :( No matter how much progress I make, I feel inadequate to all the instagram models etc, and whenever I have to take a break (because I go away on holiday or have exams to revise for or whatever) I just end up feeling unhappy because I'm losing strength and "progress"
Totally know what you mean. For me it was this love/hate thing during which I hated doing it, every visit to the gym would require mental preparation and every other day I'd have doubts and compare myself to good looking buff people :lol: but for me, the results were visible and that made me more motivated.

When I didn't have time and money and I had to stop, I was so depressed and whatnot, lost everything I gained... now I've kinda accepted it and I'm relatively fine with being too skinny by default
User avatar
Carbon
Legend
 
Posts: 23645
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013
Location: Zero Point

Postby Crackiswack » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:10 am

What are some good exercises to help me lose weight?

I hear running doesn't do much for you.
Please Stop the Music
User avatar
Crackiswack
Manager
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016

Postby MrRager » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:21 am

Crackiswack wrote:What are some good exercises to help me lose weight?

I hear running doesn't do much for you.
Weight training and a good diet. Work all body parts at least once a week.
#Pray4AL6
User avatar
MrRager
Legend
 
Posts: 17583
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009
Location: Manaus

Postby MrRager » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:23 am

thankfulforkelly wrote:I thought going to the gym and gaining muscle would make me feel better in my own skin, but I just feel more self-conscious and insecure than ever :( No matter how much progress I make, I feel inadequate to all the instagram models etc, and whenever I have to take a break (because I go away on holiday or have exams to revise for or whatever) I just end up feeling unhappy because I'm losing strength and "progress"
These instagram models use tons of filters, good lighting and take pics when they have good muscle pumps. See them in reality and they look nothing like this so try not to worry about that. Just focus on bettering you :D
#Pray4AL6
User avatar
MrRager
Legend
 
Posts: 17583
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009
Location: Manaus

Postby Guru » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:36 am

Crackiswack wrote:What are some good exercises to help me lose weight?

I hear running doesn't do much for you.
Running and cycling is a good start. Too many people go for weights first which is nice but cardio is the best start for someone wanting to lose fat.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 25502
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby abi » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:21 am

Ok so I don't think I'm fat or anything, I'm not too thin either. I'm 178 cm and my weight is around 67-69 kg. But because I used to be fat when I was younger I still have this fat around my abdomen area (maybe more of a loose skin). It's pretty invisible when I'm standing up but everytime I sit down, it's there. It's like when you see Chris Brown, his body is very skinny & quite toned but when he sits down, you can see a bit of belly rolls & love handles. I'm almost like that, except that I'm not toned. :lol:

Any recommendation which method is best to try? I've been doing a bit of workout & dancing and I've been trying to cut some calories as well but I wanna know if there's anything else I should try? Thank you.
User avatar
abi
Legend
 
Posts: 33590
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007
Location: Planet Earth

Postby toni_pest » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:25 pm

gained 15kg since i went to uni. too lazy to do anything about it. giving up on life.
:)
User avatar
toni_pest
Coming Soon
 
Posts: 32800
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007

Return to The Lounge