What is the point of living?

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby aaliyahman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Serby wrote:^ Wow :o He's such a bitch!
Yeah i'm in shock tbh and he's 35 which although it should is like wtf who does that to someone.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:10 pm

cidermaster wrote:Maybe MrRager meant Masterbaking lol??
:lol:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Graham76man » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:01 am

MichielMC wrote:
Graham76man wrote:
supernova1 wrote:But you need loads of money to do that and most people just don't have it.

You just can't go and do everything you want, there are many barriers (like bad physiclal/mental health, no time, financial problems etc.).
Don't mix an ideal world(where everything goes the way you want it) with the real world (where almost nothing goes the way you want it).
Have I got news for you! You choose the problems you have now. :wink: Most people do. They don't pick an easy life as there's no challenge in an easy life. Life is a challenge you have to embrace it. There's no escape. If you take your own life you will find yourself back here facing the same problem again till you crack it.
Millionaires such as Pete Waterman often start out with poor backgrounds. In his case he was caught nicking nameplates of Railway Locomotives. Now he owns Railway companies!
Adam Ant has bipolar. It gave him the ability to write great music in the 1980's.
Did Stephen Hawkins let his health problem stop him?
Make time!
The world will present opportunities for you and will take them away. You have to make these rise and falls work for you.
Srr but I think that most of what you are saying is Bullsh*t.

First of all your examples are accurate. Well to a certain extent. You're summing up the good practices, but they are probably only 1 percent of the whole story. You're missing out on 99 percent of people who tried, but failed. Those are the stories you don't know ofcourse. So if I follow your mindset those are the no - lifers and the failers? They don't take their 'opportunities'? They didn't fight for it? Your approach is very hit & miss, individualistic & liberal (and psychological). Sounds like the american dream mindset to me. Or maybe you're gonna say they fought and died happy? Because they 'Tried'. Very encouraging.

Most people don't make their own problems. Yes I agree it happens every single second of the day, especially in alot of Western countries, You forget that opportunities/resources are inequally divided over the whole world. I'm not going to get all Marx on you but you get what I'm saying.
Do you even know where ideas of 'American dream', 'seize your day' & what you're saying come from? Think about it.

The whole discours of 'Being happy' & 'Grab your opportunities' is very recent and very Western. But it's a very unfair model at the end of the day, well at least for the unlucky ones. And I agree that you can critique it how much that you want, but it won't change. Why? Because 'Point of life' is something that changes from time to time and from territory to territory. You don't have to be a philosopher to know that the never ending question of point of life is answered differently in Africa than it will be answered in Western Europe. And even that is a huge generalization. And with time I mean that the 'Point of life' question has changed alot even through the last 100 years. I don't know what the point of life is, but I'm sure that it is Time & Territory bounded. And with territory I also point out the constitution of a state. These differences are even more blatant.

So yeah your opinion is very correct if you put it in the context of liberal approaches in the current post modern western countries. But it would most definitely be not my answer to the question what's 'the point of life'. For me it is what it is: A never ending question.
I will give you one thing, if you wanna survive in the current age in the western countries that's the best state of mind you can wear. It's an approach that points all his arrows to individualistic responsibility. The issues with an approach like that are nourishment for researchers. And answers are wide spread already. The gap between rich and poor for example that's growing and growing is one of these things you can't help but link with such an approach. Because it blames the individual civilian, everything is his own fault.

You can't do what you want to do, that's a Western lie. And sure there are good/bad practices that mirror themselves with this western 'Truth'. But saying that's 'the truth' is just lying. Because it's a truth that will prob changes from time to time. Then there's no truth in it at all, well at least if we follow the classical objective & scientific definition of truth. Which is not the only defition ofcourse, but that's the one we all know.
Nobody fails in life. They think they have but they just don't see the whole picture. None of my examples are inaccurate. They are from either biographies or documentaries of the persons or from interviews with them.
The examples I did give I will admit are people who either become famous or rich, but that doesn't mean a person with no money or fame is a failure. Indeed some of the most important people in the world today are completely unknown and poor. In some cases they don't even know they are that important.
How can that be you say? Well these people are put into situations were they can be assessed, for example a humble cleaner at the White House. If the president of the USA thinks they are all powerful, then how they treat that cleaner, will be used to asses their performance on Earth. Of course I'm not saying this is or not the case, the cleaner might just be a cleaner. But you never know.
The point of life is simple you learn to become a better person. When you have achieved that you won't come down to Earth. You will be helping the people who have to keep coming down. Unless of course you actually like coming down to Earth. There's a about 100 souls who do, though, out of billions who have achieved perfection.
Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!
Graham76man
Manager

Postby Guru » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:31 am

I hear where both of you are coming from so I'll summarize my thoughts:

Graham sounds like me. I can be tough on people but that's because I only want the best and toughest out of you. He is just being direct about the reality of life. Life waits for no one. Not even the self pity train. Every moment deliberated is a moment lost to turn your OWN life around.

It's like people seeing Beyonce's fame and fortune and wanting it...NOW!!! Life doesn't work like that. She REALLY wanted more out of life, a better life. And guess what, from a nobody, she turned herself into a somebody. Moreso, a somebody who is happy, free, liberated.

It takes work and dedication. I use to see friends and family and wanted all the good things they had in life. And as I started working, I realized how much effort it took them to make something out of their life. It didn't come easy and wasn't thrown onto their laps. They were committed and dedicated to a vision that they had. Success was made for everyone but in today's world, only the best and toughest make it out there. Those that refuse to give up!

As a society, we tend to look at material things and already famous people for inspiration. Find inspiration in everyday things. Regular things. I find inspiration in the beaches and mountains. Not fancy hotels or famous people. After all, we are all born equal and not even money or wealth makes you better than me.

Stop deliberating and start taking charge of your life. Eradicate all things and people negative and go out there and make it happen...one day at a time! :wink:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby kushi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:40 am

Some people are struggling right now to hang on to their life. They have disease and illness and would give anything to be assured they will live out the week.

Everyone goes through rough patches with money, friends, relationships etc. But if you have your health, and you wake up and can lead a normal life - you need to understand that there are people that would kill for that.

You need to look at your blessings and not at what you don't have. It's not what's happened that will define you, it's how you persevere and deal with it.

Don't take the easy way out. Take it one day at a time, focus on positives and work hard. Like all things worth having, good things take time.
Thriller wrote:Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads
kushi
Legend

Postby Guru » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:55 am

Well said my brother!!!
As I always say to others...

Someone out there has bigger (and more real) problems than yours! So lighten up :wink:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby cidermaster » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Real friends and family are vital.

Also a very good local pub!

Having superb passions and hobbies.

Quality sense of humour goes a long way!
cidermaster
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 pm

cidermaster wrote:Real friends and family are vital.

Also a very good local pub!

Having superb passions and hobbies.

Quality sense of humour goes a long way!
I agree with all four 8-)
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby jumpingjack00 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Each one of use is unique, special and precious... Never forget that....

We are never alone, the force that guides the stars guides you to... Shrii Shrii Anandamurti
Nature and all her wonders guide me...Emotions find expression in fragrance. Fragrance is the music of my dreams. Fragrance is my inspiration. - AG
jumpingjack00
Personal Assistant

Postby heppolo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:56 am

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really think there's any point.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:28 am

heppolo wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I don't really think there's any point.
Bit like this bump.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby ludichris » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:57 am

I have a similar view although I'm not depressed, just reflective about things.

To me the point of living is to truly experience all that the world has to offer before our time runs out. Visiting lots of countries, trying different cuisines, listening to new music, learning something everyday etc. When we look back on our life we can say "I lived".
ludichris
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:05 am

ludichris wrote:
To me the point of living is to truly experience all that the world has to offer before our time runs out. Visiting lots of countries, trying different cuisines, listening to new music, learning something everyday etc. When we look back on our life we can say "I lived".
Agree with this, that's how i see things as well. Try to do most of what makes you happy.

From an evolutionary point of view it's definitely reproduction. Easy to see in the animal kingdom down to the smallest bacteria with the kind of species that just die after they reproduced. Main goal is to keep your species alive
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby Erotica » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:10 am

I don't know honestly, I don't see a point.
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:18 am

menime123 wrote:
Bit like this bump.
Policing random bumps...Should I have started a new topic even if UKMix already has one?
heppolo
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:19 am

BeeBoy wrote:From an evolutionary point of view it's definitely reproduction. Easy to see in the animal kingdom down to the smallest bacteria with the kind of species that just die after they reproduced. Main goal is to keep your species alive
However, human evolution has done more harm than good to the nature.
heppolo
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:21 am

heppolo wrote:
menime123 wrote:
Bit like this bump.
Policing random bumps...Should I have started a new topic even if UKMix already has one?
Let’s not pretend you went searching in UKMix to see if there was an existing topic that would allow you to express that there’s no point of life. If you legitimately wanted to discuss it, you’d have had more to say than 12 words.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:24 am

menime123 wrote:
heppolo wrote:
menime123 wrote:
Bit like this bump.
Let’s not pretend you went searching in UKMix to see if there was an existing topic that would allow you to express that there’s no point of life. If you legitimately wanted to discuss it, you’d have had more to say than 12 words.
I don't usually do large essays, I was just feeling down and yes I did search for a topic, because I was feeling there should have been one.
I'd rather prefer concise answers to a long UKMix novel that no one is going to read anyway.
heppolo
Legend

Postby aRat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:28 pm

streaming Dua Lipa's music
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby aRat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:36 pm

BeeBoy wrote:
ludichris wrote:
Agree with this, that's how i see things as well. Try to do most of what makes you happy.

From an evolutionary point of view it's definitely reproduction. Easy to see in the animal kingdom down to the smallest bacteria with the kind of species that just die after they reproduced. Main goal is to keep your species alive
We love tea.

However since humans have become sentient they can decide to not abide by the biological destiny and define by themselves what they want to do and how they want to live their lifes.
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby jochen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:22 pm

My uncle once said:

Son, we live for f#cking, eating, shitting and paying taxes. That's it

Lol
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:16 pm

menime123 wrote:
heppolo wrote:
menime123 wrote:
Bit like this bump.
Wtf is wrong with you? :roll: maybe he really was trying to talk about something serious with someone and here you come to disregard it with you nonsense :roll: your behavior and response is disgusting

In the future, when someone says something like they don’t see the point of living, don’t disregard it as crap, you don’t know what they’re going through or are thinking :roll: not talking about this specific case, but you seem to have no idea how a simple talk with someone even online while they’re feeling down has prevented many bad things from happening, including self harm or even serious things like suicide
I know you’re in your 40s or something but you need to grow up
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby aRat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:23 am

Yeah like who cares if he bumped an old thread or made a new one or how long his posts are. What kind of non-issues. :lol:

heppolo sis we're here for you if you want to discuss anything <3
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Go easy on menime guys. Heppolo having suffered from mental illness myself (yes I know it explains alot :lol:) I am only a PM away too buddy if you wanna offload on someone.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:49 pm

I dont remember if I had replied already, but the point of life is musc... making music and consuming it because music is the single greatest invention of humans and it is my purpose in life.
stevyy
Legend

Return to The Lounge