Centuries - Fall Out Boy
No votes
Oh Celia - The Vamps ft. Shawn Mendes
No votes
All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor
17%

Total votes : 6

Postby hotchoc26 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:44 am

I've had this game idea for about a year now but I've changed it slightly to fit in this forum. This game is quite interesting because scores are taken to all participating members as one team (one happy family :lol: )

Every 3 days I will be asking UKMixers to create a chart run prediction of a currently uncharted song in the UK Singles Top 100. There will end up being multiple predicted chart runs of one song, and then I'll combine the user's runs into a Combined chart run prediction which averages out the run. For those who know how to calculate averages, you'll know how it is made. Those who don't and sho are interested in the workings out can read below ;).

Behind The Scenes
To work of the combined position for each 'week', add the positions and divide by the no. of players. And decimals in calculating the av. is rounded to the nearest whole number. There will also be different weeks predicted. In this case the average position per week will be calculated until the last week where there is only one player predicting that week. Here's an example using 3 players:

Song X
Player 1: 7----15-13-24-31-61-55-85--x(8 wks)
Player 2: 2----4---9--16-16-26-40-66-90 (9 wks)
Player 3: 16-14-19-25-35-50-79---x---x (7 wks)

COMBINED RUN: 8-11-14-22-22-46-58-75

So for the first combined week, take 7+2+16=25. Divide by 3=8.33. Round to nearest is 8. Same principle for the rest of the run. On the 7th week, it was the last week where all three players predicted. The 8th week was the last week where 2 or more players predicted, so the 9th week where only player 1 predicted is ignored.

Scoring
Now the combined chart is created, the game must wait until the actual real chart run is made. The closer the actual position each week to the combined predicted positions, the more points. It is 100- the difference between actual/predicted position per week. E. g. week 1 combined predicted a position of 21 but ended at 33 in the real chart would be 88 points. (33-21=12, 100-12=88).

Any weeks in the top 100 predicted over its actual run is -10 points. E.g. combined run products 7 top 100 weeks when the song spends 9, is -20. Also if 11 weeks are predicted but it only spends 8, -30 points deducted ;).

Players may only predict their runs BEFORE its top 100 debut is announced in any midweek chart. Late predictions are NOT counted ,).

I will post a poll of uncharted songs and you, the players can vote for which song you want to be next to predict. The more votes a song gets, the more priority it gets in being played ;)

The first poll will be announced later today. Vote your chosen song to be the predicted song and the most votes gets first game :)
Last edited by hotchoc26 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
hotchoc26
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:32 am

Seems like an interesting game; Hopefully you get enough people participating Choc.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby hotchoc26 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:44 am

SummerPeur wrote:Seems like an interesting game; Hopefully you get enough people participating Choc.
Thanks for showing interest despite all these games I'm making :oops: :lol: I've planned on putting my others on hiatus for a while. I'll guide anyone through the process of what they have to do as we go. Right now it's just voting for the first song to predict. ;)

The more players, the better. The combined predicted run will be even less predictable :D

EDIT: I am afraid that the song All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor has just debuted on the UK Singles Top 100 yesterday at 75. It will NOT be open for predictions, so please don't vote for it in the poll :wink:

Upcoming predictions:

Please PM me for requests on songs to predict. Make sure they have been scheduled for single/chart eligibility and have NOT been charted in the top 100 previously. Note that these can be removed at any time if it is found they cannot chart, or did not chart on release. Release dates are according to the New Release Schedule for Monday 1 September.

1st Sept
Not On Drugs - Tove Lo

8th Sept

15th Sept
Enrique Iglesias feat Sean Paul, Descemer Bueno & Gente De Zona – Bailando
As Long As I Got You - Lily Allen
Lullaby - Professor Green ft. Tori Kelly
Changing - Sigma ft. Paloma Faith

22nd Sept
Bang Bang - Nicki Minaj & Co.
I Know - Shift K3Y
Dirty Love - Wilkinson ft. Talay Riley

29th Sept
Comeback - Ella Eyre
Unmissable - Gorgon City ft. Zak Abel
Let It Be - Labrinth
Curious - Ray Foxx ft. Rachel Collier

5th Oct

Break The Rules - Charli XCX
Flashlight - DJ Fresh ft. Ellie Goulding
Glow - Ella Henderson
10 Million People - Example
Anaconda - Nicki Minaj

13th Oct
Guts Over Fear - Eminem ft. Sia
On The Rocks - Nicole Scherzinger

20th Oct
Flute - New World Sound & Thomas Newson ft. Lethal Bizzle
Last edited by hotchoc26 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UKMix TeamUp Prediction Game: NickiConda

UK Charts Archive Wiki: Biggest online chart archive

My anaconda don't want none more anacondas.
hotchoc26
Manager

Postby hotchoc26 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:08 pm

A preview of the predictions queue assuming no one else votes on the poll by tommorow:

2 Votes

1 Vote

Tieing votes will be open at the same time to predict. All players don't have to predict ALL predicted singles. The poll closes tomorrow at 10:24AM by which time predictions for the most voted song (probably NickiConda) will be open. New players may predict after new predicted songs are published, the only time when predicting is closed is when the song debuts on an Official Singles Chart.

hotchoc26
Manager

Postby hotchoc26 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 am

Predict:

NICKI MINAJ: ANACONDA

A reminder of the rules. Any players can post what they think Anaconda will do in the UK Singles Top 100. Players have until the song debuts in any official chart , including midweeks. When the predictions are closed, a combined run from players predictions will be created and compared to Anaconda's chart run week by week and scored as a team.

The other votes in the poll will be next to predict, but players can predict them also and at any time until it debuts on a chart.

Here is my predicted fun for Nicki Minaj's Anaconda:

85-65-56-76-98>5

So just to explain: 85 is the debut position in the top 100 I think Anaconda will debut at. It will then climb to 65 the next week, climb to 56 and so on. The number after the > represents the weeks in Top 100, which I think will be 5. Predict away!

hotchoc26
Manager

Postby Biebz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:33 am

2 - 6 - 9 - 11 - 15 - 20 - 24 - 28 - 30 - 35 - 39 - 45 - 51 - 60 - 68 - 74 - 80 - 88 > 18
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby hotchoc26 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Combined Run For:
ANACONDA BY NICKI MINAJ

Predictors: 2 (hotchoc26 & ThatBieberSide)

COMBINED RUN: 43-35-32-43-56>1

hotchoc26
Manager

Return to Games