113th FSC (Oct 2016): Espoo, Finland (TULOKSET)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby Grybop » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:27 pm

:lol: jio
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Grybop » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:36 pm

12 voters left!

Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Affillate » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:04 pm

I'll get mine in tonight.
Affillate
Manager

Postby Magnus » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:04 pm

Voted! Rather mediocre month for me, only three songs (not counting my own) I'm sure I will listen to again.
Magnus
Manager

Postby nyla » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:35 pm

Voted 8-)
nyla
Manager

Postby Affillate » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Voted
Affillate
Manager

Postby Grybop » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:12 pm

I sent 8 reminders this morning and only 6 have voted since then.
Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Grybop » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:01 am

OK, we're finally done.

R
E
S
U
L
T
S

Note that Colombia and Philippines are getting a 10-point penalty each. In addition, two of my favourite co-players, xtofer and LonelyDreamer, cannot participate in November.

Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby jio » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:34 am

4th is great, thanks a lot guys. Obviously Turkey had the best song for me and it's such a shame it ended up so low, however 3 12s and a 10 just shows that it's a song only people used to that type of music can appreciate easily. Other than that, big big congrats to the winner (although I did not vote for it so quite frankly I can't remember it), Netherlands and France were also great. The two songs I mentioned early on were Blondini and Trebor's entries. Hungary was high on my list at first but the more I heard it the less I liked it. Finally it ended up 11th. Denmark had awesome verses, it could have taken a 10 from me if the song kept that style however that chorus just pushed it out of my Top 11 altogether. Bulgaria was originally at my #11 however it was the only song which grew on me, other than that and Hungary's falling down my points the rest of my Top 10 were pretty stable. See ya next time in Germany (for which I am not very happy since I was considering getting it for November but nevermind... lol)
jio
Legend

Postby Affillate » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:23 am

LOL what kindof major floppage, thanks to trebor and Spiral for chucking some votes to Taiwan. :lol: :P It was pretty strong month though IMO, quite a few ones I could've ranked up top.
Affillate
Manager

Postby mondflug » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:36 am

Oh, I'm so happy with my result! And totally unexpected, because I chose my entry doubtfully. And it's strange, because when I choose an entry that I think it has potential to reach the top 3, I end up flopping, and when I choose unconvincingly an entry, I get a good result. It seems my taste is kinda crappy after all J. Thank you EVERYONE who voted for France. The list is long and I'm using the phone to post this reply, so I won't give names this time, but I really appreciate your points.

A BIG congratulations to the winner. It's my second favourite entry this month, so I consider it a deserved winner. I can't understand why this song is this unknown. Only 16k views for its official video, when it's awesome! (the song, not the video :P). I really hope it becomes a hit sometime soon because it's got potential to perform well in the charts. And it wouldn't be the first time an unknown song is presented here and later it becomes a hit.
mondflug
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:06 am

Congratulations to the winner! He's really smashing!

I am also glad that the Netherlands and Sweden did so well.

Thanks to everyone having voted for the US!

I will be thinking of taking part next month soon. I have kind of lost the ambition to take part because I'm running out of songs and for a few months, I haven't checked out any new music coming from different countries. Perhaps I will pick a random country and start searching.

However, it's great to see Germany winning. Can't wait to get to know the host city!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:24 am

Thanks to navi for the 12 and wardo for the 8.
A solid winner, I'd say somewhat expected. Congratulations!
Latvia deserved to be even higher, this is brilliance.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Wardo » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:22 am

The winning song is very nice, congrats!

Thanks for all that voted for Latvia, a fifth place is a great performance!!!

I'll be back to an act from Portugal next month.
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby nekoocz » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:29 pm

Congrats to Germany!

Was my song really that bad? :lol:
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Blondini » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Quite odd that the first song posted wins! Decent song.

7th/8th for Sada is great for an X Factor "reject". Proves she would have an audience and it should be her on Fright Night instead of imposter Saara Aalto.

There was some nudity in one of the videos - perhaps warnings or alternate links could be given in future? Not that i'm offended but it's site courtesy. Can't recall which one and i forgot to mention it when i voted.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Thriller » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Happy with 9th! I'm glad a fair few people got on board with the 90s dance revival. Thanks Grybop for the 12!

The winning song was deserved, I added it to my Spotify immediately as well as my favourite which was South Africa, and Netherlands. Really strong top 4.

Shame the Argentina entry flopped! I found it pretty instant.
Thriller

Postby flopho » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:10 pm

nekoocz wrote:Was my song really that bad? :lol:
i don't think it was. cute little pop song, could imagine that it was 11th/12th in lots of votes.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Jocelyn, i'm a little disappointed since i really love the track but i can understand that it's simply not everyone's thing.
It wasn't in my votes but congrats to CandyPerfumeBoy! Excited to see which city is going to host next month's contest.
Really good Top 10, South Africa's entry is suuuucchh a bop! I was afraid it would end up underrated like in last month's contest. Colombia's song was really interesting, too, glad it reached the 6th place.
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Congrats Candy! Germany was among my 13 selected votes but ended up outside the top 10.

Arg flopped hard! Poor Naomi.
leomedar
Superstar

Postby Grybop » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:19 pm

Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby mondflug » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:42 pm

Why not better by walking? :lol: :lol:
mondflug
Manager

Postby Grybop » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:12 am

:lol:
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Grybop » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:26 am

Congratulations to CandyPerfumeBoy on his win - it's been an amazing year for him! Good song, too! And really, why so few views?!
A good month in general, so many songs worth voting. South Korea and Czechia ended up way too low. In fact, I'd vote South Korea way higher if I voted today - what an epic choreography!
Also worthy of note is that one user didn't vote any of the top 8! And that was bergkamp2004.
Thanks so much for the votes for Bulgaria, especially Blondini and grooveboy (Croatia fought with Czechia for my last point btw!)

See you in Hamburg on Monday!
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Tansike » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:50 am

Congrats to Germany for winning this month and thanks to everyone who gave some points to Sweden & Amaranthe - i'm very positively surprised about the end result for "That Song"! :D

A shame countries like South Korea, the Philippines or the US didn't end up higher, i really liked them.
Tansike
Legend

Postby CandyPerfumeBoy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:17 pm

Thanks to everyone who votes for Germany (especially Thriller, Grybop, grooveboy, nekoocz, Blondini, mondflug, bunbun, Wardo, Noahh, KindOf and xtofer for their high points).

It's so nice to see that you enjoyed the song, it's one of my favorite songs of the year. I hope it will become a hit somewhere in Europe, maybe here in Sweden (Erik Rapp is swedish) rather than in Germany. And it's great to go to Hamburg, my favorite German city :D

Otherwise this month wasn't my cup of tea, though I love Rochelle (so it was clear she'd get my 12) and Turkey should've done better as well.
But in general I have to say that I really really love the FSC. During the last 30 months I discovered so many great songs and artists that you guys presented here. It's simply fantastic! So many songs I had to add to my itunes and that still love, for example Allie X's "Prime" (presented by Blondini in the first contest) or Hudson Taylor's "Care" (presented by Grybop) :)
Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls
CandyPerfumeBoy
Roadie

Return to Games