114th FSC (Nov 2016): Hamburg, Germany (ERGEBNISSE)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby flopho » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:59 pm

wow, shocked at some of the results! How did NZ only get 36 points :o i honestly thought it would be the winner :lol: also surprised at Portugal's, Italy's and the UK's placing.
Czechia's song definitely has potential to be at least a radio hit around Europe imo. The pitched voice in Denmark's song was stunning and brought it to another level. Estonia's song was sooo weird and i don't even know why i loved it so much :lol: these pictures :lol:
Sorry to the UK, Australia, Norway, Finland and Romania who would all be in my votes in a regular month.
Great and catchy winner song btw, congrats heppolo! :D
Thanks for all the votes for the US, quite happy with the 5th place
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby JakeP » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:05 am

Congrats to heppolo on winning this month, i really do think this was a strong month. El fondo del barro was a real earworm and one of the songs i kept being drawn back to. Definitely a discovery for me so thanks to heppolo for entering Dënver.

I'm also happy that marat2408 got a good result with my 12 points for Nathan Goshen. What a delicious song! :lol: Delighted also for mondflug and Tansike also getting a good result, loved both the Norway and Denmark entries. In fact, most of the songs i voted for ended up on the left of the scoreboard at the end so i'm loving that.

Oh, and i noticed France got 12 points at one point but didn't see who voted so wanna say thanks to them for showing love to a trippy video with flying unicorns! :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby mondflug » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:14 am

Oh my god, this was heartbreaking! heppolo I hate you!!! Congrats on winning, and I would like to hug everyone who voted for my entry very hard. I love you guys. I love all of you but YOU heppolo :lol: :lol: :lol:
mondflug
Manager

Postby jio » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:20 am

Yay, I think it's the first time my 12 pointer wins... congrats Heppolo well deserved...

Wasn't really expecting much for my entry but thanks to Romania, Finland and India for their high points and of course to Colombia (for obvious reasons)... there were many many good songs I think I had 19 passing to my second round and I did had trouble to choose my #10 since I think Ukraine and Russia sounded quite similar. Again congrats to heppolo... great winner
jio
Legend

Postby heppolo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:59 am

flopho wrote:Great and catchy winner song btw, congrats heppolo! :D
Thanks a lot.
mondflug wrote:Oh my god, this was heartbreaking! heppolo I hate you!!! Congrats on winning, and I would like to hug everyone who voted for my entry very hard. I love you guys. I love all of you but YOU heppolo :lol: :lol: :lol:
In fact, I wasn't really in for the win, I've just tried to avoid flopping hard (when all the mighty music powerhouses, scandi, aussie and so on are already taken). :D
Yay, I think it's the first time my 12 pointer wins... congrats Heppolo well deserved...
Thanks to Grybop, Wardo and jio for their 12 points, KindOf for the 10 and all who voted for me, it was a surprise to see the entry competing let alone winning. A narrow margin and a very exciting contest, lots of great entries.
I loved a lot of entries and thought Australia had this thing locked, an absolutely gorgeous song.
Portugal and Poland should have been higher
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby grooveboy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:37 am

Congratulations to the winner! It's a good song and I'm glad non-english lyrics song has won 8-)
Thanx everyone who voted for UK (especially Kuba for giving 12). I did bomb tho' :(
Polish song was super catchy and deserved better placing, but yeah it was a pretty strong month. All songs were at least decent :)
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby trebor » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:05 am

Congrats to @heppolo's second win! :D
Great that a non-Anglo/Saxon song won and on top of that with non-English lyrics! :wink:
A bit surprised that my #1 (Spain) flopped so hard... and at New Zealand tanking :o
Very glad that Israel did that well. Australia was probably one of the four songs that I liked the least.
I'm absolutely thrilled to have ended up at #15 and I thank all the voters. (Lacking time, I basically just threw in a song at random... (there weren't too many country options left) 8-) )
trebor
Legend

Postby Grybop » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:09 am

Congratulations to Heppolo - really good choice, that got my full points.
Actually Chile was in the lead all the way from the very start and only the last few voters managed to pose a threat to it, Norway deposing it after the 27th vote and Flopho giving it the final push back to the top.

Grybop wrote:I heard this song on the radio and I was so impressed, I thought I'd heard it before - just checked this month's entries and it is indeed there!
Then I took a look at my votes and I HAVEN'T EVEN VOTED IT :o :evil:
Yeah, well this was the UK. :( I'm really sorry the song didn't click with me from the word go. It certainly deserved better.

And BOO at me finishing last :lol: It's been a while... Someone told me the video for my song was terrible - I made it in no time just to upload the song on YT, as it wasn't available. Anyway, thanks to the few of you who threw your crumbs towards me :lol:

Have we ever been in Chile before? I don't think so, so see you in Santiago next month!
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Magnus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:56 am

I was sooooo disappointed by that last vote, despite the fact it gave my entry 8 points (thanks flopho!) :lol: I really wanted Australia or Norway to win as those two were my two clear favourites (already knew Australia from before).

Thanks to everyone who voted for my weird entry!
Magnus
Manager

Postby Wardo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:29 am

Delighted with Chile's victory, especially because I've just watched Larraín's Neruda. :lol:
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby flopho » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Magnus wrote:I was sooooo disappointed by that last vote, despite the fact it gave my entry 8 points (thanks flopho!)
pfff and i was your best voter :evil: :evil: :lol:

btw that artwork is epic :lol:

Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby Magnus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:13 pm

^ :D

I just meant that your votes made Chile win instead of one of my favourites! Of course I was happy about the 8 points for my entry (although I hardly noticed it at that point).
Magnus
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:19 pm

It was such a strong month, the Chilean entry wasn't my favourite but I still enjoyed it! Can see why it won.

UK were really underrated, good to see Norway and Australia especially doing well.

Thanks to all the voters for my Caro Emerald-esque bop! Thought I had top 5 in the bag at one point but 11th in such a strong month is decent.
Thriller

Postby heppolo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Grybop wrote:Congratulations to Heppolo - really good choice, that got my full points.
Actually Chile was in the lead all the way from the very start and only the last few voters managed to pose a threat to it, Norway deposing it after the 27th vote and Flopho giving it the final push back to the top.
Have we ever been in Chile before? I don't think so, so see you in Santiago next month!
Thanks a lot for your points.
It's strange to seal the first Chilean victory actually, I wasn't hoping to win, it's nice if someone discovered the band as well, they are a bit left-field generally but this song is more poppy
heppolo
Legend

Postby heppolo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Wardo wrote:Delighted with Chile's victory, especially because I've just watched Larraín's Neruda. :lol:
Interesting, I feel now obliged to do the same :)
heppolo
Legend

Postby Blondini » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:19 pm

:oops: I should have given US six points but my eyes failed me and i missed it in my hand-written points ratings. Wouldn't have changed their result, though.

That was a disappointing end after being TIED at 100 with two other countries near the end. :o Proper heart attack moments for Australia but thanks for the votes in a hectic month. I was only impressed with nutty Colombia myself. I already know Naomi Pilgrim and Agnes Obel so they were easy runners-ups for me.

Nice to see a new winning country. :D Congrats, Hep.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Mainshow » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Congratulation to heppolo! I am glad for you to get another victory!

I also want to thank everyone who has voted for the Russian entry!
I didn't expect to end up being #7 and it feels amazing to score a Top 10 placing after some time.

I think thay the Ukrainian entry should have been higher.
Nice to see Norway and Israel being so high ;)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Grybop » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:22 pm

New thread will start tomorrow night, my dear co-players.
Also, as usual, and since December is a busy month for most of us (year-end charts, holidays, offline life and all :lol: ), results will be revealed a few days earlier and the timeline will be adjusted accordingly, so keep that in mind!
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby JakeP » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:18 pm

Oh i hope i'm here when it opens so i can hopefully get the country i want this time round.

Discovered my potential entry as it appeared as a recommended video when i watched Nathan Goshen's video on YouTube and i love this particular song. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:04 am

Thanks to everyone who voted for Denmark / Agnes Obel's "Familiar".

Congrats to Chile for winning this month.
My obvious winner was Norway, so i'm glad it ended up very high as well. Kinda shocked how low Estonia is.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Affillate » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:41 pm

Thanks for all the voters for Italy.

Congrats to Chile. It was my 8pts. Enjoyed Israel and Russia who were my top 2 votes.

[ITALY]
12 points ISRAEL
10 points RUSSIA
08 points CHILE
07 points NORWAY
06 points US
05 points BELGIUM
04 points POLAND
03 points MALAYSIA
02 points UKRAINE
01 points ESTONIA
Affillate