The UKMIX Top 20 Favorite Celine Dion Songs

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby RLAAMJR » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:08 am

I would like to express my deepest gratitude to all of the UKMIX members who have participated in submitting their top 10 favorite Celine Dion songs on this thread ( thread link: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=119312" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank ). This wouldn't have been successful and exciting without your enthusiastic support . :)

And the time has come. Votes have been counted and 102 songs obtained votes, with 75 english songs, 26 in french, 1 spanish song and 1 chinese song. Which song will be in the top 20 and which song is the most favorite Celine Dion song of all? Will there be non-english songs making it in the top 20? Tune in for the ride because I will be revealing Top 20 favorite Celine Dion songs here in UKMIX everyday until the #1 is revealed. :)

Feel free to comment! :)

The Top 20 Favorite Celine Dion songs of UKMIX.

1. It's All Coming Back To Me Now (161pts with 7 first place votes)

2. A New Day Has Come (137pts with 5 first place votes)

3. My Heart Will Go On (97pts with 2 first place votes)

4. That's the Way It Is (94pts with 2 first place votes)

5. Pour que tu m'aimes encore (85pts with 1 first place vote)

6. Because You Loved Me (70pts with 1 first place vote)
Think Twice (70pts with 1 first place vote)

7. The Power Of Love (58pts with 2 first place votes)

8. Immortality (49pts with 2 first place votes)

9. I Drove All Night (47pts)

10. I'm Alive (39pts)

11. Tell Him (35pts with 1 first place vote)

12. All By Myself (34pts)
Where Does My Heart Beat Now (34pts with 1 first place vote)

13. Loved Me Back to Life (32pts)

14. To Love You More (28pts with 1 first place vote)

15. Water From the Moon (25pts)

16. S'il suffisait d'aimer (24pts)

17. I Surrender (23pts)

18. With This Tear (22pts)

19. Beauty And The Beast (21pts)
The Reason (21pts)

20. Call the Man (20pts)
Encore un soir (20pts with 1 first place vote)
Je sais pas (20pts)
On ne change pas (20pts)
Then You Look At Me (20pts with 2 first place votes)
Last edited by RLAAMJR on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:52 am

The songs who have received a lot of votes too but were not able to make it to the top 20.

Eyes On Me = 18 points
I Love You Goodbye = 16 points
When I Fall in Love = 14 points
Seduces Me = 14 points
Love Doesn't Ask Why = 14 points
Somebody Loves Somebody = 13 points
Je t'aime encore = 13 points
Misled = 13 points
Let's Talk About Love = 13 points
If You Asked Me To = 13 points
If That's What It Takes = 13 points

#20 It's a tie for 5 songs, each getting 20 pts!

Call the Man (3 voters) - a song released on June 23, 1997 outside the North America as the fifth and last commercial single from Celine Dion's album Falling into You. It was written by Andy Hill and Peter Sinfield

Encore un soir (5 voters with 1 first place vote) - The song was written by Jean-Jacques Goldman and is dedicated to Dion's late husband René Angélil. It was released on May 24, 2016 as the lead single of Celine latest french album of the same name.

Je sais pas (3 voters) - a song written and produced by Jean-Jacques Goldman and J. Kapler. The song was released on October 2, 1995 in Francophone countries as the second and last commercial single from Dion's best-selling french album of all time: D'eux

On ne change pas - (4 voters) - a song written and produced by Jean-Jacques Goldman included in Celine's S'il suffisait d'aimer album. It was released on March 1, 1999 in Francophone countries as the third and last commercial single.

Then You Look At Me (2 voters with 2 first place votes) - a song written by James Horner and Will Jennings, who also wrote Celine's biggest hit "My Heart Will Go On". It is included in All the Way... A Decade of Song album (released on November, 1999) and served as a theme song of the movie "Bicentennial Man", which is a story about an android servant played by Robin Williams, who seeks to become a real human.

More revelations tomorrow. :)
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby Gravity » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:02 am

Call The Man is so beautiful and meaningful. It deserves a better placement. :(
Gravity
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:36 am

"Encore un soir" and "Call the Man" are both lovely songs, but "Then You Look at Me" just has this epic melody that draws me to it.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby RLAAMJR » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:48 am

JSparksFan wrote:"Encore un soir" and "Call the Man" are both lovely songs, but "Then You Look at Me" just has this epic melody that draws me to it.
Only two posters voted for the song TYLAM but both posters put the song on top of their list, that's why the song earned 20 points. :)

Anyway, I'm not feeling well today so please give me time to recover. Hopefully, I'd be able to reveal the other songs who made it to the top 20 tomorrow.
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:08 am

#19 2 songs accumulated 21 pts each!

Beauty and the Beast (3 voters) - written by lyricist Howard Ashman and composer Alan Menken, the song was recorded by Celine Dion and Peabro Bryon and was released on November 16, 1991 as the soundtrack of Walt Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" animated film.

The Reason (3 voters) - co-written by Carole King and produced Sir George Martin. the song is included in Let's Talk About Love album and was released on December 8, 1997 in selected European countries.
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby Gravity » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:16 am

BATB is so boring.
The Reason is really lovely though; it deserves its placement.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:28 am

BATB is my #1
biscuits
The Diva

Postby RLAAMJR » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:09 am

#18 With This Tear 22pts!
With This Tear (4 voters) is a song written by Prince who offered it to Celine Dion as a gift and was included in Celine Dion's album "Celine Dion (March 1992). With This Tear was not released as a single but is acknowledged as one of best songs on the said album.

#17 I Surrender 23pts!
I Surrender (6 voters) is included in "A New Day Has Come" (March 2002) album, the song was written by Louis Biancaniello and Sam Watters and produced by Simon Franglen. The song was not released a single but has been popular worldwide due to constant use on singing competitions.

#16 S'il suffisait d'aimer 24pts!
S'il suffisait d'aimer (4 voters) - a song written and produced by Jean-Jacques Goldman which was released on November 23, 1998 as the second single and became the most successful single of Celine's album of the same name.
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby Gravity » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:36 am

With This Tear is one of her best songs.
I Surrender is growing on me. It's a cute song but kinda overrated among her fans.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby RLAAMJR » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Gravity wrote:With This Tear is one of her best songs.
I Surrender is growing on me. It's a cute song but kinda overrated among her fans.
With This Tear is one of my favorite songs on the Celine Dion album but I Love You Goodbye is my favorite on the said album.

How I wish I Surrender was released as a single. I'm actually still happy that the song manages to become a popular song worldwide eventhough it was not released as a single. A powerful ballad with powerful lyrics and a great song for singing competitions.

Anyway, I forgot my USB so I couldn't reveal the next songs in the top 20 Sorry
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:33 pm

S'il Suffisait d'Aimer is a masterpiece. Such a moving song.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:35 pm

spiritboy wrote:S'il Suffisait d'Aimer is a masterpiece. Such a moving song.
Jean-Jacques Goldman is a genius.
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:24 am

#15 Water From the Moon 25pts
Water From the Moon (3 voters) - a powerful ballad written by Diane Warren who also did background vocals, produced by Guy Roche and additional production by Walter Afanasieff. It is included in Celine's "Celine Dion" album and was commercially released in March 1993 as the fifth single in the USA.

Water from The moon music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVorQyjA6gA

#14 To Love You More 28pts
To Love You More (5 voters with 1 first place vote) - written by David Foster and Edgar Bronfman, Jr. the song was recorded for a popular Japanese TV drama series, called Koibito Yo (meaning My Dear Lover) and was included in Celine's Falling Into You album. The song was released in Japan on October, 1996, became a smash hit, reaching #1 and sold more than a million copies, making Celine Dion the first International artist to reach #1 on the Oricon Singles Chart.

#13 Loved Me Back to Life 32pts
Loved Me Back to Life (7 voters) - a song written by Chandelier singer Sia, Hasham "Sham" Hussain and Denarius "Motesart" Motes, and produced by Sham and Motesart. The song was was released on September 3, 2013 as the first single of Celine Dion's album of the same name.
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:45 pm

#12 Where Does My Heart Beat Now 34pts and All By Myself 34pts
Where Does My Heart Beat Now (5 voters with 1 first place vote) - included in Celine Dion's first english album entitled "Unison", Where Does My Heart Beat Now was the first english single released in the USA on October 1, 1990 and has reached #4 in the US Billboard Hot 100.

All By Myself (8 voters) - The song was originally recorded by Eric Carmen and released it in 1975. Celine Dion covered the song and was released in 1996 as the fourth single of her Falling Into You album. It was the song which proved that Celine can hit very high notes. The song became very popular in singing competitions and got a popular presidential joke "Obama self".

#11 Tell Him 35pts
Tell Him (5 voters with 1 first place vote) - recorded by Celine Dion and Barbra Streisand as a duet, released on 3 November 1997 as the first single from Dion's Let's Talk About Love album and Streisand's Higher Ground album. The collaboration started with when Barbra decided not to perform for the Oscars in 1997. Natalie Cole has been scheduled to sing the song but pull out. Then two days before the Oscar night, Dion was asked if she could do it. Dion was nervous but accepted it and performed the song. A few days after, Barbra sent a letter to Celine appreciating her of how beautiful Celine sang her song and wished they could have a duet together. So Rene Angelil called David Foster to write a song for them and that's how we got "Tell Him"

The making of Tell Him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIMGUpcYOOo
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:23 am

#10 I'm Alive 39pts
I'm Alive (10 voters) - released as the A New Day Has Come album's second single on 12 August 2002 and served as a theme song of Stuart Little 2 with Michael J Fox voicing as Stuart Little. It is the most viewed Celine Dion music video in YouTube Vevo which currently (Nov 27, 2017) has more than 74,000,000 views and the longest dress Celine Dion wore is also in the video. The song was written and produced by Kristian Lundin and Andreas Carlsson is is one of the most popular Celine Dion songs with a faster tempo since Celine Dion is mostly known for and is more successful with ballad/slow songs.

#9I Drove All Night 47pts
I Drove All Night (7 voters) - song written Billy Steinberg and Tom Kelly and was popularized Cyndi Lauper in 1990, Roy Orbison (the song was originally intended for him) in 1992 and Pinmonkey in 2003. Celine Dion's cover was the most successful, releaseing the single in March 3, 2003 as the lead single of her One Heart album. Celine Dion also appeared singing the song on Chrysler commercials, a popular American automobile manufacturer.

#8Immortality 49pts
Immortality (10 voters with 2 first place votes) - released on 8 June 1998 outside USA as a single of Celine Dion's Let's Talk About Love album. The song was written by Barry Gibb, Robin Gibb, and Maurice Gibb, members of the Bee Gees and produced by Walter Afanasieff. The Bee Gees wrote the song especially for Celine Dion. The Bee Gees can be heard on background vocals as well as seen on Immortality's official music video.
Last edited by RLAAMJR on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:43 am

"Beauty and the Beast" is okay, but not one of her stronger songs. "I Surrender" is one of her best vocal performances. I love the song too!

"Loved Me Back to Life" isn't flawless, but it was so nice to hear her again after some time away. "All by Myself" is one of Céline's signature songs, and no one sings it better (although half a million have tried).

"Tell Him" is underwhelming when you consider the combined immensity of Barbra and Céline.

"I'm Alive" is a nice change in tempo for Céline. It's aged well. "I Drove All Night" is good, but forgettable among Céline's bigger classics.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby RLAAMJR » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:54 am

JSparksFan wrote:"Beauty and the Beast" is okay, but not one of her stronger songs. "I Surrender" is one of her best vocal performances. I love the song too!

"Loved Me Back to Life" isn't flawless, but it was so nice to hear her again after some time away. "All by Myself" is one of Céline's signature songs, and no one sings it better (although half a million have tried).

"Tell Him" is underwhelming when you consider the combined immensity of Barbra and Céline.

"I'm Alive" is a nice change in tempo for Céline. It's aged well. "I Drove All Night" is good, but forgettable among Céline's bigger classics.
Thanks you for commenting here. I thought nobody is going to pay attention to the voting poll I've made. Thanks a lot. :)

As for BATB, you're right. It felt like Celine's mic has been set to minimum because I really couldn't hear her well and when Peabro started singing, his mic is in full volume.

Celine's ABM version is powerful but I would prefer to sing similar to Charice Pempengco's ABM version because of what she did on the last part . Celine's voice is of course more beautiful, more powerful and has more feelings and that's the problem. My voice is not beautiful enough to just sing All By Myself as simple as how Celine sung it. I would have to create more melismas and do Charice's version to impress my audience.

As for Tell Him, the song should have charted better if only MHWGO song and the Titanic movie didn't come sooner. Though I like Miracles song more (because Tell Him are for girls hehehe ) by Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston but Tell Him had a better and cleaner duet arrangement.

Loving I'm Alive too and loved her long dress in the music video. I'm not a fan of I Drove All Night.
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:17 am

#7The Power Of Love 58pts
The Power Of Love (10 voters with 2 first place votes) a song co-written and originally recorded by Jennifer Rush in 1984 and has been covered by several music artists. Celine Dion's version became Celine's first #1 US single in the US Billboard in 1994. The song is included in her album called "The Colour Of My Love."

#6Because You Loved Me 70pts
Because You Loved Me (11 voters with 1 first place vote) - written by Diane Warren and produced by David Foster, the song became Celine's second #1 US single, and has been popular worldwide. The single also served as the theme song of the 1996 film "Up Close and Personal" starred by Robert Redford and Michelle Pfeiffer. The song won a Grammy Award for Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or Television.

#6Think Twice 70pts
Think Twice (12 voters with 1 first place vote) - written by Andy Hill and Peter Sinfield, the song was released as the fourth single from The Colour of My Love album. While the song was not a hit in the USA, it was huge in Europe and is one of the only two Celine Dion songs that has sold more than 1 million copies in UK.
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:56 am

Three solid songs there!

"The Power of Love" has such a classic chorus! I love it. "Because You Loved Me" is beautifully written, and "Think Twice" is beautifully sung. All three are deservedly high.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby RLAAMJR » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:26 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Three solid songs there!

"The Power of Love" has such a classic chorus! I love it. "Because You Loved Me" is beautifully written, and "Think Twice" is beautifully sung. All three are deservedly high.
I'm not a fan of The Power of Love but it's one of the most viewed Celine Dion music videos. When it was released, do you always hear this song being sung on singing contests?

I wasn't a fan of BYLM too until I knew it was Celine's and Think Twice is the song that I am least interested among Celine's hit songs.
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:29 am

RLAAMJR wrote:I'm not a fan of The Power of Love but it's one of the most viewed Celine Dion music videos. When it was released, do you always hear this song being sung on singing contests?
Yes, it's a huge talent show favourite!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Benny » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:21 pm

It would be interesting to see the top 5! :P

So it's between the following songs:
'Pour que tu m'aimes encore', 'My Heart Will Go On', 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now', 'A New Day Has Come' and 'That's The Way It Is'.
Benny
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:16 pm

Pour que tu m'aimes encore >>>>>
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:29 pm

#5Pour que tu m'aimes encore 85pts
Pour que tu m'aimes encore (15 voters with 1 first place vote) was released on 13 March 1995 and was written and produced by Jean-Jacques Goldman, included in Celine Dion's best-selling french album of all time "D'eux" and is the biggest song of Celine's French career.

Last edited by RLAAMJR on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RLAAMJR
Manager

Return to Games