The UKMIX Top 20 Favorite Celine Dion Songs

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:39 am

Ah, that one's decent! Surprised to see it so high, though.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby RLAAMJR » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:01 pm

#4That's the Way It Is 94pts
That's the Way It Is (14 voters with 2 first place votes) was written and produced by Andreas Carlsson, Kristian Lundin and Max Martin. The song was released on November 1999 as the lead single to Celine Dion's greatest hits album: All the Way... A Decade of Song

Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:03 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Ah, that one's decent! Surprised to see it so high, though.
You should ask the french speaking Celine Dion fans. :)
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:25 pm

"That's the Way It Is" is one of my favourite uptempo cuts from Céline. I love how uplifting it is.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby RLAAMJR » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:53 am

JSparksFan wrote:"That's the Way It Is" is one of my favourite uptempo cuts from Céline. I love how uplifting it is.
The songs that makes me smile. :)
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:16 pm

#3My Heart Will Go On 97pts
My Heart Will Go On (14 voters with 2 first place votes) was written by Will Jennings, produced by Walter Afanasieff and Simon Franglen and was released in 1997 as the theme song to the currently 2nd highest-grossing film of all time, Titanic. My Heart Will Go On becomes Celine Dion's biggest hit and is one of the best selling singles of all time.

RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Ah, "My Heart Will Go On" is beautiful. Such a classic ballad. Céline sounds divine on the track. I know many people are sick of how overexposed it was at its peak, but it's aged terrifically, in my opinion.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby RLAAMJR » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:19 pm

#2A New Day Has Come 137pts
A New Day Has Come (20 voters with 5 first place votes) was written by Aldo Nova and Stephan Moccio and produced by Walter Afanasieff and Nova. The song is the lead single from the album of the same name and was released in 2002. Celine Dion revealed that the single represented the birth of her child.

RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:32 pm

#1 It's All Coming Back To Me Now 161pts

It's All Coming Back To Me Now (21 voters with 7 first place votes) is written by Jim Steinman and according to him. the song was inspired by Wuthering Heights, and was an attempt to write "the most passionate, romantic song" he could ever create. The song was first recorded by Pandora's Box in 1989. And then in 1996, Celine's version was released as the second single in North America and third single in most European countries. The song became popular worldwide and has been used in tv series and in singing competitions. It is also known as a popular long song with a length of 7:37. The music video took place at Castle Ploskovice in Czech Republic and is considered to be one of the best music videos ever.

You can check the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8fHNdrZTSI

And there you have it. The UKMIX Top 20 Favorite Celine Dion Songs. I hope y'all enjoyed the countdown. :)
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby Luminator » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:09 pm

It's All Coming Back To Me Now defines the 90s ballad for me. It's simply her greatest single for me.
Luminator
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:38 am

Ah, her two finest songs, in my preferred order!

"It's All Coming Back to Me Now" is a masterclass vocal performance. Céline's voice sounds like thunder on that monster of a ballad. "A New Day Has Come" is the antithesis of that - a restrained, but ethereally beautiful and mellow gem.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby RLAAMJR » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:45 am

I really cant find anything special on "a new day has come" just like "think twice" that's why they both are one of my least likable released singles of Celine Dion.
Last edited by RLAAMJR on Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:46 am

Luminator wrote:It's All Coming Back To Me Now defines the 90s ballad for me. It's simply her greatest single for me.
Me too. :)
RLAAMJR
Manager

Postby GaGarazzi » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:38 pm

A New Day Has Come is my favourite Céline song. It's simply divine.
GaGarazzi
Manager

Postby RLAAMJR » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:32 am

GaGarazzi wrote:A New Day Has Come is my favourite Céline song. It's simply divine.
I love her riding on a cloud. :)
RLAAMJR
Manager

Return to Games