Manager

Postby Colbie » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:17 pm

^ True, thats something comforting :lol:
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:53 pm

NM, I see I can participate in Bob Dylan-o-mania

EDIT: oh wait, this is like an ongoing thing. Blah.
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:00 pm

cheapthrills wrote:Oh damn am I too late for the In Memoriam submission? :(
Yes, because you had to register for this game before Round 1, but I'm sure that this is not the last time that this game takes place, so next time you can participate. :)

How big was the point difference between me and Spiral? Did I pass this round again as close as the previous rounds? :o
SilentDream
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Yah I figured out after reading the rest of the thread. :(
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby Wardo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:42 pm

SilentDream wrote:How big was the point difference between me and Spiral? Did I pass this round again as close as the previous rounds? :o
Oops, forgot to post it. Yours was closer to Sonia's (22.2). Spiral got 21.4.

SilentDream wrote:but I'm sure that this is not the last time that this game takes place, so next time you can participate. :)
Eh... :lol:

I can always pass the torch like I did with other games, though.
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby SilentDream » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:20 pm

Wardo wrote:
SilentDream wrote:How big was the point difference between me and Spiral? Did I pass this round again as close as the previous rounds? :o
Oops, forgot to post it. Yours was closer to Sonia's (22.2). Spiral got 21.4.

SilentDream wrote:but I'm sure that this is not the last time that this game takes place, so next time you can participate. :)
Eh... :lol:

I can always pass the torch like I did with other games, though.
Okay. That's still very close, but atleast not as close as in the previous rounds. :lol:

Oh, sorry, I thought that you planned to continue the game. :oops: Well, if you search for someone who is willing to continue the game, I'd be happy to do that. :) Just wanted to mention that. :D
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Thanks for playing Spiral :). You did an awesome job with your song choices all the way through!
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Also, I'm dropping out of this game. Thanks Wardo.

Gl peeps.
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Wardo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:29 pm

SilentDream, I'm soon leaving the forum, that's the only reason. =]

Spiral, if you want to stay in the game given SP's withdrawal, let us know!
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Carbon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:42 am

glad I'm winning, but tbh I'm not sure if I'll pass this round :lol: we'll see. this is a really hard theme so I wasn't feeling inspired to begin with
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Spiral » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:57 am

Wardo wrote:Spiral, if you want to stay in the game given SP's withdrawal, let us know!
I can stay? of course I'm in. :D :D This might be a good chance to redeem myself although this new round theme is going to eliminate me once again :lol:

Wardo wrote: SilentDream, I'm soon leaving the forum, that's the only reason. =]
Are you leaving this forum for good? :o Or you are going into indefinite hiatus :P
Spiral
Manager

Postby Wardo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Lol Spiral, that would be a first - double elimination for one collector! :o

Yeah, don't think I'll come back this time. Find me on Facebook, sir!
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Colbie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Noo Wardo please dont leave us again! :-(
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby SilentDream » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:49 pm

Wardo wrote:SilentDream, I'm soon leaving the forum, that's the only reason. =]
Oh, i didn't know that. That's sad news. :(
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Wardo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Only your song left, Spiral. :)
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Wardo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:31 am

Please, judges, it's only 5 songs! :D
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Just sent my ratings! :D
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:26 pm

I think I'll get kicked this round. Bottom 2 at least.
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:32 pm

sending votes tonight!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby leomedar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:19 pm

votes sent!
1 entry blew my mind, but overall 5 were good choices. This is getting better and better, second round in a row entries were solid. Sadly next round will be thh last.
leomedar
Superstar

Postby Wardo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:51 am

We're down to cdschart again but I'll wait because it's the semis.
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Wardo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:03 am

Album Cup 3 memories... Image

Here we go with the celebration of Dylan's work, this time with cdschart's great reviews in!

SEMI-FINAL RESULTS (NOBEL)

David Bowie - Song for Bob Dylan (SilentDream)
cdschart: This is spectacular. Bowie’s back catalog (from what I’ve heard) is very polarizing but this is a surprisingly good tribute. It even sounds like a Dylan song in nearly every way from the chord progression to the contrasting chorus and verse structure.

leomedar: Not only David was a fantastic choice, but it fits the theme perfectly and the style of the song is very Dylan. So good points for a good choice. But I think David was somehow like a safe choice.

bluecherry: This was one of my brothers favourite David Bowie songs so it's great to see it here - the first song that came to mind for me'

JSparksFan: Great instrumentation, but the song sounds unbelievably dated.
Kesha - It Ain't Me Babe (Carbon)
cdschart: In all honesty, I’d thought of Kesha as novelty act until I heard this cover. The way she was able to transform her entire persona with this performance is just mind blowing. Good rendition.

leomedar: What happened to her lips??? Nice cover, a little too depressive even for someone who tends to enjoy depressive music.

bluecherry: I personally adore this especially knowing the context to why she sang it.

JSparksFan: An atypical selection that works wonderfully well!
Sam Cooke - Blowin' in the Wind (sonia85)
cdschart: This is the perfect cover. Taking this classic track and injecting it with instrumentation and sharper vocals, Sam Cooke beats Dylan at his own game.

leomedar: Such a beautiful song, and a great performance, a great discovery for me. It was not a safe choice at all. Congratulations!

bluecherry: I LOVE Sam Cooke and think he is one of the best artists of last century so it's great to see it chosen. I loved this and think it's one of the best picks.

JSparksFan: Great lyrics, fantastic voice, and a sound and energy that feels retro, but still sounds fresh many decades later. This is a winner!
The Traveling Wilburys - End Of The Line (Colbie)
cdschart: There are clearly elements of a typical Bob Dylan song here but the mix of styles brought to the table by the other members of this supergroup throw it off balance. It’s memorable yet disjointed and hard to process all at once.

leomedar: Fantastic song. Superband at the maximum expression. Very good points, but the song lasts 1 minute more than necessary and Bob is there comparing to the rest that me, personally, thinks was better.

bluecherry: This was a nice choice - definitely a song I would revisit.

JSparksFan: Catchy chorus. This one makes an immediate impression.
Zee Avi - Tomorrow Is a Long Time (Spiral)
cdschart: Beautiful, haunting rendition.

leomedar: Loved this. Touching rendition. I need to know who nominated this one! Loved whoever did that, great discovery for me.

bluecherry: Another new song to discover! I really enjoyed this too and definitely thought it was a great pick.

JSparksFan: Quaint song. I liked it!

Since this is the semi-final, I'll first reveal those that didn't make it to the last stage.

The first lovely contestant brought some country flavor to the game and had a solid run, always in the conversation for the win. Unfortunately, the supergroup pick this time didn't get you further. Colbie (29.5): borrowing Eva Cassidy's words, we'll miss you most of all my darling. <3

Ouch, this is so hard to announce, each one of the collectors have done a good impression... Okay. The next one to fall has a preference for female singers and was much possibly the toughest in the game. Why? Because he kept hanging by a thread in a lot of rounds! My dear SilentDream (29.6), this is the end of the road for you! Maybe the Bowie choice belonged in the In Memoriam round. :cry:

This is cruel. I'm such a fan of the next collector. He's made this game more interesting not only by his on-point choices, but also because you can see he LOVES to take part every time. Yes, you're realizing it's you, aren't you? :cry: :cry: If it's any consolation, you had the most impressive performance so far, always on top, which made you a presumptive winner. Carbon (30), thanks for everything. Our last game together couldn't have been more exciting.

That leaves us with two surprising finalists!

Spiral (34), your second chance is proving to be more than rightful! The fact that you also is part of the history of this game (the amount of laughter with your reviews in S02, oh my :lol: ) makes me ecstatic that you're now an unprecedented two-time finalist. Good job, my friend!

sonia85 (36.6), I never doubted you, but damn! How refreshing to see someone which such an unique taste making the finals! Divine Comedy, the always present Scott Walker, King Crimson, who would've thought you'd come this far? :cry: Beautiful accomplishment because you dosed the right amount of personality with smart picks to survive, Sam Cooke's selection being one of the wisest I've ever seen.

Congratulations to both collectors, the final will consist of three different themes and I will post it in a few! :D
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Return to Games