The Song Collectors 2016 - THE END

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby Goldmoney » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:34 pm

I'll miss you Wardo. :( I really hope that this isn't the end for good. :cry:
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby sonia85 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:35 pm

^trebor thank You for nice words

btw. I think that we had similar tastes :)
sonia85
Manager

Postby Carbon » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm

great game, thanks for hosting it Wardo, and for being a member of this forum!

I don't have many great ideas for the first two themes (so I probably wouldn't have won anyway), though my 3rd theme choice is very heartfelt and personal: Regina Spektor - The Visit for anyone who wants to check it (probs no one :lol: )

since Ludus and The Album Cup are going to be continued by other people, hopefully one day someone wishes to do the same with this game :D
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Goodbye & good luck Wardo - I truly hope that this isn't the end of your time here at UKMIX but if it is, I wish you the best.

You've been one of my favourite contributors here since the day you registered.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby SilentDream » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:47 pm

Carbon wrote:since Ludus and The Album Cup are going to be continued by other people, hopefully one day someone wishes to do the same with this game :D
I'd love to continue it. :) However, I'll wait a bit, because it has just finished and I think you mentioned that you wanted to start the Album Cup again soon - too many games taking place at once wouldn't be the best idea.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Spiral » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:10 pm

Congrats Sonia,

I knew im going to lose once I selected Nickelback like I told Wardo in my PM. Peter Gabriel was also my first choice but thought it was predictable so I changed to Nickelback (Actually even if i submit Peter, my submission will get rejected cause Sonia submit first) :lol:

And for the 3rd theme, don't know how much i got for Toby but my 1st choice was Barbra Streisand - Memory but again thought it was too predictable. So I changed it. I was unsure between Keith Urban - making memories of us or Toby but I went with the little less obvious one

And glad that most of you enjoyed Jarryd James :D

And wardo, goodbye buddy. Thanks for hosting this great game. wish u luck in ur life
Spiral
Manager

Postby sonia85 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:16 pm

Dont worry second place is great too :D
sonia85
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:05 pm

Good luck Wardo ! You will be missed and I hope you will come back here, cheers !
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:06 am

Wow congrats Sonia on your victory and your list of songs is impressive as expected. :D x

I've said goodbye to Ed already and feel like I've forum-grieved for him a bit already :lol: I have him on facebook so can talk from time to time but I hope you'll visit us on UKMIX occasionally as it won't be the same without you. Wardo games are a shining point on the forum, always have been plus the Apprentice game I took part in will always be one of my most favourite moments on the site, so thanks for that great game.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:54 am

Congrats on the win, sonia! You and Spiral were worthy finalists.

Farewell, Ed! Like others have said, I do hope your path leads you back to UKMix at some point, but even if it doesn't, many thanks for all the heart you poured into your games and the creativity you inspired from each player. Some games are just that - games - but so many of yours managed to connect people from all points on the genre-loving spectrum, and to share personal anthems with the community that others grew to appreciate (or, at the very least, had some good-natured fun criticising). You brought together hip/hop heads, diva worshippers, alternative and rock fans, country lovers, and everyone else under the sun, and I can't think of anyone else who's singlehandedly managed to unify the diverse bunch of folks we have here. Cheers, pal! Best of luck with the offline universe!
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:59 am

Well done everyone :D.

Congrats to the winner and runner-up. Hugely deserved.

Thanks for the game Wardo :), even though I had to drop out towards the end, you did an awesome job running it. The site won't be the same without you.
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Colbie » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:39 am

Congrats Sonia!!

Wardo, thank you so much for hosting!
You did a great job, i realy enjoyed this!!
Agree with Summerpeur, the forum wont be the same without you, you will be missed!
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night
Colbie
Superstar

Return to Games