115th FSC (Dec 2016): Santiago, Chile (RESULTADOS)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby Blondini » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Well that saved me from the bottom, at least. :lol: Big thanks to Wardo for the ten points!

Where would Philippines have been if not DSQed?

Is this the first month NOT to feature the UK? Can't believe i've only just noticed nobody picked it! :o

Already knew Presets (as do a lot of older members, not many of us left :cry: )

And Yukon Blonde. Discovered Cappa was better than i thought as a result of this contest, too. :D
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby jio » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:43 pm

7th is cool, thanks to all the people who voted for me. Congrats to candyperfumeboy although I think it's one of the few times his entry was not in my Top 10. I was rooting for Spain to win but of course I knew it wouldn't... it should at least made the Top 10. Other than that I loved the euro-vibe of Austria and Philippines was great, shame it got disqualified, I am also wondering where it would have ended up.
jio
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:44 pm

Blondini wrote:
Already knew Presets (as do a lot of older members, not many of us left :cry: )

And Yukon Blonde. Discovered Cappa was better than i thought as a result of this contest, too. :D
Some of us probably knew Dúné as well (at least I did, they've even entered my personal chart this year).
A worthy winner, and thanks to Colbie, leomedar, jio, Wardo, bunbun and all who gave Chile some points not to finish dead last :)
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby grooveboy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Blondini wrote:Is this the first month NOT to feature the UK? Can't believe i've only just noticed nobody picked it! :o
leomedar originally picked UK but then decided to go with Argentina instead

Thanx everyone who voted for Canada! It feels good to be back inside top 10 after quite some time :lol:
Congratulations to the winner! Catchy tune 8-)
Finland and Spain were my absolute favorites this month, France was also really good
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby Wardo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:01 pm

Blondini wrote:Big thanks to Wardo for the ten points!
You're welcome! It was refreshing to hear a political song - the video also left me a strong impressionf. Of course any middle of the road Euro-trash would get more points than that (-_-). Still, a ballsy move to even nominate it.

Buika is such a soulful vocalist, I'm in love - thanks Nyla for submitting her song.
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Tansike » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:03 pm

Congrats to the winner and thanks to everyone who voted for the US / Cappa. Top5 is amazing! :D

I was surprised to read how many people were disappointed in this month as i thought it was a stronger month than November... :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Magnus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:50 pm

Good winner! Congratulations CandyPerfumeBoy!

It's a shame that the Philippines got disqualified, I had that song at 10 points and it would probably get 12 if I had to vote all over again.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my entry (Austria), especially to jio for the unexpected 10 points!
Magnus
Manager

Postby Affillate » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:47 pm

Wow my second best placing for the year at 4th (behind my 3rd for Iceland in May), looked like I was gonna be a bit further down till the last few sets of votes.

Thanks for all the votes for Belgium, got a few 12pointers from some of you. I saw Grybop come out with This Boy's In Love and its an awesome track, it got my 12pts.

Congrats to Denmark, I was listening to another Dune track whilst I was looking for countries. It got my 7 Points. Also really liked the Japan and US songs.

[BELGIUM]
12 points AUSTRALIA
10 points JAPAN
08 points US
07 points DENMARK
06 points UKRAINE
05 points NORWAY
04 points PHILLIPINES
03 points RUSSIA
02 points FINLAND
01 point SOUTH AFRICA
Affillate
Manager

Postby Thriller » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:38 am

That was exciting! Denmark pulled away fast at the end though. Good winner, I'm glad US, Australia and Canada did well but Sweden should've been higher.

Thanks for all the votes, especially the 12s and 10s!
Thriller

Postby Grybop » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:05 pm

Congratulations to CandyPerfumeBoy on yet another win! This time though, I couldn't feel the song at all. In fact, I didn't vote for any song in the top 4. Well, excluding me, woo, second place!
Thank you so much, especially Blondini and Affillate for your douze points and heppolo for your 10!

Generally not a good month. Argentina and Brazil deserved better! Afghanistan, I decided I liked the video more than the song in the end. The Philippines were somewhere in the bottom half.
KindOf voted the entire top 8, they must be pleased!

January edition will open any time between Sunday and Monday! Happy new year and see you soon in Frederiksberg OR Esbjerg. Any Danes here? Is Frederiksberg considered a separate city from Copenhagen? From the confusing Wikipedia article, I'd gather it's not, but I'd like the opinion of someone who lives there.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby mondflug » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:53 pm

Afaik Frederiksberg is a city inside Copenhage, an enclave with its own townhall and administration
mondflug
Manager

Postby jio » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:11 pm

Oh I've been there... it's not a different city it's like Athens and Cholargos lol
jio
Legend

Postby CandyPerfumeBoy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Wow a big thank you for everyone who voted for Denmark. It's kind of special for me to win with Dúné because they were my first artist ever to participate in this contest. And i flopped so hard, i think I cam 21 of 22. So it means a lot to win with them because I really enjoy their music.

So once again a big thank you.
Glad to see Finland and the US in the top 5 too, Sweden is underrated and should at least be in the top 10.
Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls
CandyPerfumeBoy
Roadie

Postby Grybop » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:17 pm

Blondini wrote:
Is this the first month NOT to feature the UK?
No, but probably the second.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby xtofer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Sorry guys, I was not expecting that my holiday trip will be extended. I've listened to half of the entries before I left and this somehow slipped out of my mind when I was away. I apologize for the mess it created and I promise not to do it again. :( See y'all in February, then!
xtofer
Legend

Postby Grybop » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:45 am

I'd take an extended holiday trip over this shit any day, you lucky sonuva! :lol: No worries!
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Return to Games