Artist's Peak Era! Sugababes/Girls Aloud

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby NothingFails » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:22 am

Hard really.

"Aaliyah" is her artistic crowning achievement, the greatest thing Timbaland ever produced, a watershed album for its genre, but she died less than two months after its release so the era never reached its max potential for obvious reasons.

So for that, I'd give it to One In A Million simply because the era wasn't beset by tragedy.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:50 am

The Romeo Must Die era to be honest. It's what made her a global star but technically, it's Age Ain't Nothing but a Number, she had more hits. Sadly, it was slept on and Aaliyah, her family and team pretty much wanted to era her affiliation with R. Kelly that's why it's slept on and not celebrated.

One in a Million wasn't exactly a big era for her, it's what prompted her to crossover to film and sing soundtrack songs to breakthrough into the mainstream even more. Sadly, despite being her magnum opus, her Aaliyah album was actually close to flopping before she passed.
GetBack
Legend

Postby musiclover2174 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:56 am

GetBack wrote:The Romeo Must Die era to be honest. It's what made her a global star but technically, it's Age Ain't Nothing but a Number, she had more hits. Sadly, it was slept on and Aaliyah, her family and team pretty much wanted to era her affiliation with R. Kelly that's why it's slept on and not celebrated.

One in a Million wasn't exactly a big era for her, it's what prompted her to crossover to film and sing soundtrack songs to breakthrough into the mainstream even more. Sadly, despite being her magnum opus, her Aaliyah album was actually close to flopping before she passed.
But that album was only a month and a half old when she died and the album only seemed to be flopping because the lead single flopped. They wanted to release More Than a Woman first but Rock the Boat was already gaining radio support which prompted the label to send Aaliyah to Bahamas to shoot the video. If only the tragedy didn't happen, I am certain that this would be still her most successful album.
Can we recover, will the world ever be
A place of peace and harmony?
With no war and with no brutality
musiclover2174
Manager

Postby jio » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:13 pm

I am not sure if she actually had a huge era. I would probably say "One In A Million" just because of the number of singles.
jio
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Let's conquer two birds with one stone!

Sugababes and Girls Aloud's peak era?
bluecherry
Manager

Postby biscuits » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Sugababes - Angels With Dirty Faces

Don't know the other one
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Erotica » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:19 pm

Sugababes - Angels with dirty faces (but somehow also the two eras after that

Girls Aloud - Tangled Up
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby thankfulforkelly » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:41 pm

tricky because both groups had multiple very successful eras. I'll go with Sound of the Underground for Girls Aloud and Taller In More Ways for the Sugababes
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Return to Games