116th FSC (Jan 2017): Esbjerg, Denmark (RESULTATER)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby bergkamp2004 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:41 am

That countdown was exciting - down to the wire

We'll need lots of military protection in the next destination.

Did ok with NZ- it's a summer song, as it is here, so prob bit out of sync with you guys in Europe.
28 AUGUST 2009
THE DAY MUSIC DIED
OASIS 1994 - 2009
LIVE FOREVER
bergkamp2004
Manager

Postby Grybop » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:27 am

First of all, congratulations to franklex on his big win after so many participations and low placings!
Then, thanks to those of you who voted Sweden! Thankfully, the scoreboard was more exciting compared to the voting during the past 2 weeks, where Ukraine was constantly ahead of the UK, the latter never quite managing to surpass it.

Now, let me make some comments on the songs:

UK: Good song, felt something was missing. Had to re-watch to realize it was a biological woman singing.
Indonesia: Just missed out for me - should have entered official version.
New Zealand: Better video than song
Greece: At first I thought, it was way out of tune, then discussed the song with a couple of friends, then heard the song again when searching for the artists' soundclouds - to make a long story short, I now consider this lo-fi mess a great song and would have awarded it with 12 points were I to vote today.
Argentina: I generally don't mind non-native accents, but this total mispronunciation put me off.
Austria: Similar case with Argentina
Brazil: Wonderful intro, very interesting song
Czechia: Sorry, I hated the lyrics, came across as pathetic
Cameroon 5 - This Love
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby DnBLover » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:47 am

I've been to Esbjerg, it's very nice!
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby dilimanto » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Thanks for those who voted for Indonesia.

I'm having a dilemma myself. I like both versions, but I chose the acoustic version because the original ones sound a little bit generic for me.

Anyway, I'm surprised that I'm not last haha.

Now I can't stop listening to Austria's entry. For real.
dilimanto
Groupie

Postby Thriller » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:02 pm

I knew my entry wouldn't do great but I was surprised to see it last at one point! Thankfully a late surge of votes with some 12s so cheers!

UK was the standout for me, but I liked and voted for Ukraine. Good to see Spain do well too. Latvia were underrated!
Thriller

Postby franklex » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:41 pm

Привіт усім!!! Halo everyone!!! Hola FSC!
I'm sorry for so late answer, I´ve just checked results ('coz as just said Grybop, usually, i'm getting medium or lower points :) , but actually I was busy with my work ) I glad that some of you liked my entry this month and i liked some entries of you as well and I couldn't say that was bad month for me, but i consider some points of you that this month could be better.
I also surprised of Indonesia's low points. It's not my style but it was very beautiful and good song. I'm sad of Thriller's position and think it could be higher.
Glad for Italy done well and glad to see France in top3
UK done well as always as well as I guess all entries of CandyPerfumeBoy (I've voted a lot of times with hight scores for that entries). But UK's entry was close to my top 10 as well. I liked somehow song.
I'm very glad :D :D :D that I won. I didn't expected to see me in top 5... but when was 5..10th set of votes I´ve surprised and not expect to win anyway... I saw how UK getting points so I thought that UK will won: even during the last set of votes I was expecting that UK's victory!
That was awesome!!! Thanks for:
Grybop's and ijo's words;
LionH3art' and grooveboy's 12 points;
CandyPerfumeBoy, mondflug, bluecherry, cheapthrills for their 10 points;
Leychen and aboldmule, KindOf for their 8 pts and ALL Other who voted for Ukraine!!!!

Thank you all and see you all in Ukraine next month! I hope you will like somecool stuff that I want to share with you (of course if George will ok with it)!!!
franklex
Groupie

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:52 pm

Nice job, franklex- I really loved your pick - it was my #2 choice. Kind of bizarre to see my #1 choice (Belgium) sitting near the bottom for most of the rundown. :o

Thanks everyone for their 12s, 10s, and 8s. :oops:
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby Grybop » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Yes, Belgium was robbed! Also, random choice for the US, why that song out of all her gems?

Anyway, I'm here to announce that the new thread will start tomorrow evening.
I will have a co-host for a change, since the winner made me an offer I could not refuse. All graphics in the February edition are courtesy of our dear Franklex, so watch this space for more.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Thriller » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:35 pm

Exciting!
Thriller

Postby dilimanto » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:37 pm

Grybop wrote:Yes, Belgium was robbed! Also, random choice for the US, why that song out of all her gems?

Anyway, I'm here to announce that the new thread will start tomorrow evening.
I will have a co-host for a change, since the winner made me an offer I could not refuse. All graphics in the February edition are courtesy of our dear Franklex, so watch this space for more.
Oh wow interesting. Can't wait!
dilimanto
Groupie

Postby Tansike » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:33 am

Grybop wrote:Yes, Belgium was robbed! Also, random choice for the US, why that song out of all her gems?
It's my favorite song from all the new ones by LP. "Lost On You" was already chosen for the FSC a long time ago, and then i 'had' to chose between "Muddy Waters", "Tightrope" and "No Witness", and i went with "No Witness".
Tansike
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:01 pm

Congratulations, franklex! I am very happy for you! Winning this for the first time is a great experience and it was really deserved!

Thank you to everyone having voted for the Czech Republic ;)

Poland was underrated, imo.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Return to Games