117th FSC (Feb 2017): Odessa, Ukraine (REZUL'TATI)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby Grybop » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:28 pm

OK, since the app has proven too heavy for many a device, here's the old boring scorewiz script.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Colbie » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:46 pm

Woah im soo happy, this is my best result in the FSC!!
Glad so many people liked it!

Congrats to the winner! ;-)
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night
Colbie
Superstar

Postby jio » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:48 pm

Grybop wrote:
jio wrote: it was great to end up 7th (and not 8th as the history of FSC page suggests)
I don't know what you're talkin' about. :-?

Beatch lol
jio
Legend

Postby Affillate » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:15 pm

Huge thanks to everyone once again for voting Australia. My first win after personal besting with a Third place during last year. Gained a few mid-high range votes in many of your lists and a few 12's I saw too. Well done to frankiex on the presentation throughout as well. Great job. :)

As mentioned I was thinking of another few tracks to submit this month, including Nathaniel's new one Vapours, but ended up choosing Anchor, great track from BoT. Sorry if anyone has their eye on Australia, I'll be taking it again (not with the aforementioned song though), but unless I can do well with song choice again good news for you is it might be free for April! :P (I may change it up with another country again then anyway we'll see how it goes).

Onto some of the other contenders, I shortlisted Morocco, but didn't end up in my final votes. Israel had great energy, and the kinda quirky Sweden got my 12 pts. Ukraine had a nice dance track and Luxembourg's rock number was cool also.

My votes:
[AUSTRALIA]
12 points SWEDEN
10 points MALAYSIA
08 points ISRAEL
07 points LUXEMBOURG
06 points BRAZIL
05 points UKRAINE
04 points RUSSIA
03 points NETHERLANDS
02 points POLAND
01 point HONG KONG
Affillate
Manager

Postby jszmiles » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:28 pm

wow, I didnt come last! thanks for 2x 10pts, I literally didnt expect that. Its a fantastic result for a hard-techno instrumental track!

I am going to post more this kind of alternative stuff here :)
jszmiles
Legend

Postby westhammer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:13 pm

God, what an awful result for me :-? I'm very bitter :lol:

Australia isn't really a deserving winner. Well done to franklex on the presentation.
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Colbie wrote:Woah im soo happy, this is my best result in the FSC!!
Glad so many people liked it!

Congrats to the winner! ;-)
thanks for the 12 points, by the way
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Grybop » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:27 pm

2 things:

1. I just realized I forgot to vote Russia for some reason :cry: MY SEREBRO GIRLS! (ok the lineup's changed, but still...)
2. The new contest will open tomorrow afternoon, or night, or whatever, depending where you are (I usually refer to the British time, since this is a British site after all). The contest will take place in Newcastle, but the Wikipedia article lists it as City of Newcastle - Affillate, shed some light!
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby jio » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:24 pm

Russia was surprisingly dull for a Serebro song IMO... but I was expecting it to go Top 10 based on star power alone...
jio
Legend

Postby jio » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:57 pm

I got a question... looking for my next entry I came up with these two cases

1) Song A: Group from country A feat. singer from country B (she does all vocals)... can I enter it for both countries?

2) Song B: Group with two members (country A &B) feat. singer from country C (she does all vocals)... can I enter it for all three countries?
jio
Legend

Postby Grybop » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:15 pm

jio wrote:I got a question... looking for my next entry I came up with these two cases

1) Song A: Group from country A feat. singer from country B (she does all vocals)... can I enter it for both countries?

2) Song B: Group with two members (country A &B) feat. singer from country C (she does all vocals)... can I enter it for all three countries?
1) No,it can only represent country of group
2) Yes
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:16 pm

I just picked the lead artist to represent my entry in this last one as both singers were from different countries.

Wait for your answer to #2 - I don't think you can represent more than one country, right?

Thanks bergkamp for the 12! My first one :D
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby jio » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Grybop wrote:
jio wrote:I got a question... looking for my next entry I came up with these two cases

1) No,it can only represent country of group
2) Yes
Thanks mate
jio
Legend

Postby Affillate » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Grybop wrote:The contest will take place in Newcastle, but the Wikipedia article lists it as City of Newcastle - Affillate, shed some light!
Ah yeah Newy, try this wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle ... outh_Wales (I think 'city of newcastle' is just the official name for its city council area, something like that).

I have family up there that live around it's outer suburbs (Charlestown, Edgeworth, Mayfield areas). It's about 2 and a bit hours drive north of Sydney, depending what area of greater Sydney you're coming from, up past what's known as the NSW 'Central Coast' region.

It's home to the NRL rugby league team the Newcastle Knights, A-League soccer/football team Newcastle Jets, and music wise Silverchair and Daniel Johns, and Screaming Jets are also from Newcastle. It has an entertainment centre.

See you guys in the next month's thread. :)
Affillate
Manager

Postby JakeP » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:17 pm

I'm not disappointed that Germany didn't do well. I just enter songs i enjoy and hope that someone else might make a nice little discovery. :P

That said, thanks to Grybop for the 12 points! :D Also thanks to those who also voted for Ben Delay.

I loved the new presentation but it also ran quite slow for me, and i'm using a very reliable iMac. I was hoping to find a button to speed it up but nonetheless, what an amazing job franklex. :wink:

How many times has Australia won with a male vocal indie/pop act or singer? Is it a co-incidence or are australian male singers with guitars and synths really that popular in the FSC? :lol:

I loved that Swedish entry, what an amazing song. Was Love stuck ever released as i noticed the YouTube video was from 2012 but i've never heard of this song before now.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Grybop » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:54 pm

JakeP wrote:I'm not disappointed that Germany didn't do well. I just enter songs i enjoy and hope that someone else might make a nice little discovery. :P

I Never Felt So Right has been a sizeable radio hit in Greece these past few months (yes, some people still listen to the radio in 2017!)
The bass is incredible and very reminiscent of early 00s productions! Keep the good choices coming!
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Magnus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:11 pm

The presentation looks cool but is ridiculously inefficient (at least in those browsers I tested it in). If I wasn't a "climate denier" I would be complaining about all the extra carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere because of this :lol:.
Magnus
Manager

Postby leomedar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:46 am

i liked the 7 votes all together and then the 3 final votes separately. Thankfully I could see it perfectly and it was fantastic.
leomedar
Superstar

Postby franklex » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:13 am

It was Great month!!! Musically it was VERY GOOD. But as I feel and can see by some comments - our votes wasn´t very good for some of us :x
I was quite confused with points that were sent to Ukraine no any 8.10 and I even not talking about 12 :D
Imo it wasn´t winner but could be top 10 no matter that very progressive recent music. Kadnay's song could end better imo even it's not a taste of some of us :) But anyway I'm very grateful for 7s and 6s and all other points that I've got!

My congratulations to Australia, I like this country and music, especially, male singers 8-) I guess I´d be ok with any winner from top 10 'coz almost all my points were sent to final top 10 countries.
Also I want to congratulate Colbie and xtofer with so hight result.
I´m a bit surprised with positions of Luxembourg (it was great to see rock/alternative song), South Africa (with authentical music of continent) and UK which got 12 from Ukraine instead of CHILE!!!! If I'd like to give more points to alternative songs becouse it's seems quite simillar moth-to-month... I mean all this 80s, cheesy pop songs imo :)
franklex
Groupie

Postby franklex » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:43 am

Also I want to say BIG THANKS to George for allow me to be co-hoster and giving an opportunity for me to use all my ideas to make this contest month very styler and awesome!!! I hope I have presented my county the best as I could :wink:

Also It was very nice and touching to get and read all that comments about graphics and voting presentation as well fere (in UKmix) as well from my friends!!! Some of them thinking about joining to this game in future btw 8-) One thing that I didn't expected - here a LOT of old PC's :D
I was very happy to win last month and share with all of you this my passion, ideas and styles in my mind. I hope I will win again and will try to surprise you again ! See you all next months! Thank you all for good month in sunny Odesa! Chao! Buvay!

PS. My SCRIPT allows you:
1. Press key 'T' to get access to final score table at ANY time even you didn't start voting ceremony. So you can find winner and all points without waiting!
2. Press key 'SPACE' to stop and resume voting if you need more time to see all details.
3. All penalties already are included and order is always should be correct (this and graphics makes it's heavy because every vote is checking very well)
4.If you will change your Avatar here it will also changed in my script (except some of you that don't have avatar or using gallery pics) All this request's to UKmix Ava's and pictures of countries make it heavy because it's loading from Internet. On second time it should be go easier because you will have all those pics in cache of your browser local.
5. At final Table of points moving cursor underline voter country and country that receiving point for your comfortable checking of datas.
franklex
Groupie

Postby jszmiles » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:51 pm

^It was really great work, well done!

I forgot to mention that Xtofer's entry was one of very few songs from FSC that will debut inside my personal top 3. Immense song!
jszmiles
Legend

Postby xtofer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:43 am

Wow, awesome result for my entry! It's like my best ranking in a looong time! Thanks to those who liked it so much that they included it on their votes!

It's a shame Chile got disqualified! I got that song on repeat even until now and I ranked it on top of my list. Oh well, my entire top 5, apart from Australia, did not do so well. Cool graphics btw! Kudos, franklex!
xtofer
Legend

Postby franklex » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:22 am

@xtofer Thnx, and your song was very good/ I liked it very much ;-)
franklex
Groupie

Return to Games